Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Monthly Site Updates for today has been updated with the March 4th releases! Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2016
    This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    Username: Pigletpooh1
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Crystal Sims
    Current site URL: http://thecrystalsims.tumblr.com
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: BiWeekly
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): The Lilac-Charm Family Legacy
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
    Post edited by pigletpooh1 on
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thank you for the PM invite!

Username: ADWilson
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Have I Got A Story For You!
    Current site URL: https://adwilson1991.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Update schedule: Irregular, but am attempting to update on a weekly basis
    Additional Information: 2 Times the FUN! is a randomacy that follows the Snyder family. Updates are posted on my blog and mentioned in the following thread: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809379/2-times-the-fun-a-randomacy-co-played-by-tanu-addy#
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
  • Options
    Thank you @pigletpooh1 and @ADWilson ! Your sites are now in the Index and any updates from within the last month are now in the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Your future updates will be featured in the Monthly Site Updates section automatically as they are released (I get update news automatically through EA forum notifications, Tumblr Dashboard, Wordpress Reader, etc.) Thanks for taking the time to add your stories to this growing virtual library of SimLit!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    The Monthly Site Updates are updated for today! Happy readings!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Username:* AudreyFld
    Website/Blog/Channel name:*GENTRY SIMS 3 APOCALYPSE CHALLENGE
    Current site URL:*http://gentryts3.blogspot.com/
    Sims games featured:*Sims 3
    Update schedule:* Weekly
    Additional information: This is my challenge following the rules on the site here: http://ts3ac.wikispaces.com/ There is an update thread on the Forums here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/875535/new-ts3-apocalypse-challenge-starting-feb-1-2016/p1
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:*Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:*Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited March 2016
    Solemnly declares: This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

With that out of the way, here's the info ;)
    Username: @MDianaSanders
    Website/Blog/Channel name: (I have yet to come up with a suitable name for my Simblr... I'll let you know once I've figured it out, if that ever happens - You can call it "MDianaSanders" for now)
    Current site URL: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/
    Update schedule & Additional information: (taking those together, because I have two stories and it's easier to do it this way) Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited March 2016
    @mastressalita thank you for the request to submit my sim based story(s). I have several, 1 is finished, 1 never got finished but is wrapped (pc motherboard died and took the save with it :( along with the rest of my sims had to do a full reinstall), and my current challengcy story. I hope you don't mind that I'm using one submission to for all 3, current active story at the top.
    (( Ooops, moving the other two story's to the other thread, need more coffee, blush))
    New Entry Form:

Username: Mmdrgtobldrgn (aka Mama Dragon for short)

Sims games featured: Sims 3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Website/Blog/Channel name: Mama Dragon's S3 Apocalypse challenge 2/2016

Current site URL: https://mamadragonsfeb2016s3apocalypsechallenge.wordpress.com/

Update schedule: weekly, although I'm a bit behind for health reasons, note I also post anywhere from 1 to 3 updates at a time depending on how much material I'm working with.

Website/Blog/Channel name: Mmdrgntobldrgn's Blog

Current site URL: Avani Legacy - https://mmdrgntobldrgn.wordpress.com/avani-legacy-index/

Update schedule: completed

Website/Blog/Channel name: Mama Dragon's S3 100 Baby Challenge

Current site URL: https://mamadragonss3100bc.wordpress.com/

Update schedule: incomplete - with a wrap up post (this is the one where I lost game info)

Additional information: I don't shy away from death or mature situations if it fits the story line, but I also try to give readers a heads up and a jump out point if I think it might be a trigger situation.

Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes, thank you. :)

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I (Mama Dragon) give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index. (I do have a few strays floating around, including one from last summer that got abandoned primarily because of allowing certain elements of the story to take over but I posted an explanation for it. There's also a abandoned s4 story that only got 2 chapters, I just don't like 4 enough to recreate the character or the story (when my motherboard died last year it was brutal, lost all of my Banished, Sims Medieval, and civ4 saves too).)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn : Completed stories are fine to put into the Index. I do move stories that are discontinued or on hiatus into the Stories and Legacies Archive automatically if they get submitted here, as that is the Index I use for those. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Big update today... I had to actually expand the opening posts as I'd run out of room on my M-R entry and the Monthly Site Updates roll had to expand again! So if you had any hard-links on the first page, expect everything there to have slid around a bit due to a little reorganization.

Thanks so much to @AudreyFld , @MDianaSanders , and @Mmdrgtobldrgn ! Your sites are now listed in the Index and any updates you've had within the last month are on the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Your future updates will be featured automatically on the Monthly Site Updates section as they are released; I get notified via Blogger Reading List, Tumblr Dashboard, and Wordpress Reader. Thanks for taking the time to add your stories; it is thanks to continued submissions from authors that the Stories and Legacies Index can continue to grow!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    New releases are out on the (newly expanded) Monthly Site Updates section!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    Username:* goofygoober25
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* simsilly.net
    Current site URL:*simsilly.net
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4
    Update schedule:* Irregular/weekly/monthly
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc):
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes

• Options
    This week's Weekly Reading Roundup is out! (Two hours after my deadline, but shhhh... no one look at the clock! It was a long one...)

Edition #10: Short Story Smorgasbord! Pt. 1
    Edition #10: Short Story Smorgasbord! Pt. 2
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @goofygoober25 ! Your site has been added to the Index and all updates from within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Your future updates will be added to the Monthly Site Updates section automatically. Since Weebly doesn't have an automated notification service, I have subscribed to the Svendsen Legacy thread on these forums to receive chapter update news, so make sure to always post there when you post a new chapter. Thanks for taking the time to add your story to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    The Monthly Site Updates has been updated for today!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm just curious, has February 2016 updates been made? For a short time I saw an influx of reads on my Legacy Challenge and now it's all but fallen off again. I do put up an update myself in the General Discussion thread, but I'm thinking that's where my current reads are coming from. Not complaining, just curious. Should I go back to making announcement threads here, too?

ETA: I would hate to think it's my blogging. But, if that's the case I shall abandon it altogether and get on with just Simming.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited March 2016
    @GalacticGal I wouldn't stress it overly much.
    I've noticed over the last few years that site visits happen in waves, even with subscribers I might publish a chapter midweek but not get a visit spike until the weekend when people have more time.

Additionally, I almost always get some form of spike and then level out after posting about one of my stories someplace new. As people go check it out and then some become followers while others decide that the story or writing style isn't their cuppa tea and move on.

No matter what, my secret, I'm selfish about my stories. I'm writing them for me but I'm sharing them with anyone who might read and enjoy them, because I'm not totally selfish and I like to share, even when the story ventures into dark territory. o:)
    ps, my other secret, time spent writing & playing, cuts into my free time (of which I have way to much of :P ) for reading so I don't always get to new chapters by others right away.

Bottom line, if you are enjoying writing stories and sharing them based around your game play then keep on writing and sharing. But if your not enjoying it and it feels like unpleasant work then why are you doing it?

Hugs, live long & prosper :)

pps, Love the transition from 3 to 4. ??Does blogspot allow you to add a follow button? I've bookmarked, but I do find it easier to keep up when a blog has a follow option that auto sends an e-mail whenever there's a new post.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @GalacticGal : If you go to the first page of this thread, there is a table of contents; due to the size of the index, the Monthly Site Updates section now spans six posts. I always keep a month's worth of old posts there (so since today is March 8th in my timezone, I would keep releases from February 8th to March 8th listed there, and I typically update that list in the evenings from my time zone, which is Mountain Standard United States time). If you do Ctrl+F to bring up the search bar for your browser, you can search your username -- @GalacticGal -- and see each every chapter in sequence down the Monthly Site Updates section. There are four instances listed there from within the last month. (February 8th - March 8th)

What @Mmdrgntobldrgn says is 100% true; readership comes in cycles. I tend to get hardly any views on my own site, and then sometimes have days with freak spikes of activity, or an odd weak of high activity if a new reader stumbles upon it, likes what they see, and plows through a work. Most days my views are mediocre -- or nil -- and I'm fine with that! If you write because you love it, not for the stats, you can never go wrong. I would highly recommend reading this short story by @DavidMCSessy , Life on Paper, which is about a budding author that is obsessed with viewer stats, but discovers that just one satisfying comment is really all that matters. It is really enlightening.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn : What I use for managing Blogger updates is the Blogger Reading List, which is basically the Blogger version of Wordpress's Wordpress Reader. You don't have to even have a Blogger page, simply an account with Google! (So basically if you have a G-mail account, a Google account you use to sign into YouTube, anything like that, you are good to go). If you are signed into your Google account on your browser, and go to Blogger.com, there is a Reading List section, with an Add button, and you can then input the URL of a Blogger site. I add all the Sim stories that use this host to that list, and just keep that tab open on my browser. Every morning, I refresh that tab, and get a new listing of updated postings from everything I have added to my Reading List.

Edit: It's been eons since I did this: the first time you go there, it may "assume" you want to set up your own blog. Just plow through all the popups with "No no no no, no thanks, nup" ect. I swear it's possible! I have done it. No blog, but a lovely managed list of Blogger subscriptions.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    The March 8th updates are now on the Monthly Site Updates section. Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Username: Zoey95
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Zoey95's 100 Baby Challenge
    Current site URL: http://zoey95sims3.blogspot.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 3
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Additional information: My story thread link - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/499195/zoey95s-100-baby-challenge-updated-w-chapter-69-on-3-8-16/p1
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

• Options
    Thanks, @Zoey95 ! Your site has been added to the Index, and any updates from within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Future updates will be added to the Monthly Site Updates section automatically as they are released and come through on my Blogger Reading List. Thank you for taking the time to add your story to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Today's updates have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section! Happy reading!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Hi @mastressalita TY for including my story

Username:Lisabee2
    Website/Blog/Channel name: lisabeesims
    Current site URL: https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule: daily or every other day for now .. weekly later

Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): Right now I am posting my Asylum challenge as it is the back story for my current Snow White story :)

Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: yes

Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:yes

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SkullloverSkulllover Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2016
    Username:rockergirllee
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* The Goth's Secrets
    Current site URL:* http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880169/the-goths-secrets#latest
    Sims games featured:* Sims 3
    Update schedule:* Daily
    Additional information: N/A
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* I understand.
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* I understand.