Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Dreamhouse Project

MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
Originally I started this on Boxing Day because I needed something for my Sims to do to "report" about - that combined with the desire to build a house for them in Windenburg. So far I have posted my updates on this in the Favorite Screenshot and Exited for Get Together threads, but as it is turning into quite a bit of a story (may eventually just be a dairy of my main save ;)) I have decided to actually dedicate a thread to it. I'll copy the previous chapters/episodes, so you can all get up to speed without switching to other thread :)
~*~ This Could Be the Perfect Lot! ~*~
Stephanie and Adam are taking a look at a lot that is for sale on the Windenburger Insel (or is it Île de Windenbourg? ;)).
lo5rfbatgr9p.png
It's a lovely spot, perfect for building a dream home.
hxx29p9x0x4z.png
"Do you like it as much as I do?"
doo567wohsfh.png

Just behind the lot there's a nice bit of beach, with a bonfire (they took off their sweaters for a moment, that fire is rather hot).
wgedl3t9so7r.png
(so romantic :heart:)
2wdoq9s.png
"Do you think we should buy the lot?"
8jzdagqb34ii.png

Once they've returned home, it's time to call the estate agent...
iln287tbugf2.png
...who, surpsingly, is at work ;) and happy to make a sale.
egr69t.png

Now this calls for a celebration ;)
p5kuxivpjhd0.png
3w6g8pf81dyi.png
7zgoh531mwpx.png

Doesn't a "Sold" sign look wonderful?
8vmt5l8g0a8e.png
Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
Post edited by MDianaSims on

Comments

• Options
    ~*~ Making Plans ~*~
    In the meantime, Sanders Architects have been hired to design the house. Gareth Alleyn, CEO, and Trevor Warwick, master architect, are going to check out the lot - together with the estate agent (because a lot of people said they liked her ;)).
    j6vixdivfa8a.png
    The guys are going to do a bit of measuring (it's 40x30, oh really? ;))
    d44zr5vkhinr.png
    Trevor immediately has some inspired ideas for the house.
    pu5ywoluzecv.png
    While he's putting the most important ideas in his phone, the estate agent shares some info with Gareth.
    dri9d2lhh7fe.png
    Then the three of them discuss a couple more things (love this shot - the way she's taking a sneak peek over their shoulders :lol:)

32eeo91mrrnb.png
    The next day Stephanie and Adam have an appointment at the Sanders Architects Headquarters, to talk about the plans for their home.
    4gqpckd039ur.png
    Gareth comes to greet them (he doesn't like just sitting in his office being "the boss").
    p3f67xxxe8cu.png
    Then they sit down with Trevor, who starts revealing his ideas.
    dju4b2b2cu3q.png
    Stephanie and Adam are listening carefully.
    5su496w0y73r.png
    And get to share their own ideas and opinions.
    ao78aipw1c14.png
    Looks like they're pleased about the plans...
    t2bsco3ui1nd.png
    ...and so are the architects :) Obviously there will be follow up meetings and everything (but that would be seriously dull to depict ;)).
  • Options
    ~*~ Trouble in Paradise? ~*~
    Trevor just got the results on the further measurements and test they did on the lot.
    tdssa8qy8qrd.png
    Something rather troubling catches his eye, time to ask Gareth's opinion.
    3bdjhxuqm7lr.png
    Gareth wants to visualise the issue, so a few prints are thrown on the table.
    h63a0mt735zq.png
    Turns out that building the basement will be extremely difficult, due to the very hard rock the Island consists of - coupled with potential ground water issues that might arise when digging too deep.
    z1elgez759w3.png
    They sit down to discuss and decide that Gareth should pay a visit to the estate agent.
    dbbrt4zes3n8.png
    She was unaware of the lot being unfit to build on. It may not be her fault but Gareth makes it very clear to her that she has to deal with this - or it will be very bad for both their businesses.

The next day Stephanie and Adam have an appointment at the estate agent's office.
    vzvqlom0dkz0.png
    They're rather shocked by the bad news.
    vntgu5gvcg2t.png
    And most certainly not happy about it!
    estm0dj8797f.png
    Adam tries to cheer Stephanie up by telling her that they'll sure find a new lot that's equally good. The estate agent immediately tells them she knows of lot on a prime real estate location in Windenburg. Even though it's not even officially for sale yet, she says, given the circumstances, she can sure arrange something.
    q176bgqznzp4.png
    They're hardly convinced, but Stephanie and Adam decide to join the estate agent, it won't hurt to take a look.

Once they arrive on the lot, the estate agent, starts her sales pitch.
    26dd74rsf98t.png
    The couple are not at all impressed.
    fack4e7wmztb.png
    The estate agent tries even harder, talks about the beautiful surroundings of the Windenburg countryside, that must be at least as pretty as the Island.
    an1f85ajpcqm.png
    Adam responds that she might be right about that, but ask if maybe, by way of compensation, something can be done about the price of the lot.
    5vnrp5h31b3x.png
    Desperate to save her reputation, her business and to avoid having to face the wrath of Gareth Alleyn, and maybe because she kind of feels sorry for her customers, she agrees ( causing her to have to deal with a rather greedy previous owner - she won't make a profit out of this sale, a significant loss is more likely).
    i2gztwgdou9j.png
    Eventually everyone seems pleased (not sure if the estate agent is though!) Let's hope things work out better this time!

A little note on why I made this little detour - I found out that, should I move my Sims to the Lighthouse lot on the Island, which was my original plan, it would literally take an hour or more for guests to arrive - that really is a bit too much for me, especially now my Sims tend to host parties more often. So, the countryside it is! (where the home I intend to build will fit just as well :))
  • Options
    ~*~ Foundations ~*~
    The latest update on the house, while Stephanie and Adam are on vacation in Granite Falls...
    1tt4005lqr4t.png
    sfee2x4xm7kt.png
    d1mt0nc4wbup.png
    8ev3r9o09b9w.png
    ...the estate agent and architect have arranged for the building permit to be given.
    a4186iev0baw.png

After that Trevor started digging holes for the basement, foundation and pool.
    1qlhchg8ly9d.png
    tz59leblwlx4.png
    A few days later the concrete has been put in the pool (not filled it of course ;)) and the beams in the basement have been placed.
    704bt7vi4dhd.png
    Once the foundation is in place, Gareth takes Stephanie and Adam (who in the meantime have returned from Granite Falls) to have a look at the progress.
    gcc5jmxe2quf.png
    That's looking good! :)
    fqqbxqgku42y.png
    I will (probably) post the next update tomorrow :)
    This is the build (that I stumbled upon in the Gallery) that inspired me to "build" in stages, rather than everything at once: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/43D8B5529A1311E58A057B5F533B83B9
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I love your updates Diana but omg that last picture of the foundations is amazing!!! Very clever use of the in-game objects :)
  • Options
    zbern12zbern12 Posts: 445 Member
    This is really cool so far! Can't wait to read more :D
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love that staged foundation screenshot! So awesome!!! I'm glad you made a story thread. Woot!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice comments :blush: I already made some screenshots of the further progress yesterday, and will probably make some more today. I'll be sharing those later, it'll be nice to see all of them right after each other :) But I doubt the house'll be finished today.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    New episode! (finished the (shell of) the house after all ;)) This is a weird sort of chapter, but it's about building a house, so there isn't that much in terms of juicy stories! ;)
    ~*~ Brick by Brick ~*~
    The ground floor beams are in place.
    sv1ol1y351ry.png
    .~*~.
    A few days later those of the first floor as well.
    dv6jr7l24e3m.png
    .~*~.
    Next up, start building the roof and adding chimneys.
    z5m3jcd9fi7e.png
    .~*~.
    Some days later the first drywalls have been placed along with some windows and the roofs are being worked on.
    mwxwa61o930v.png
    The porches have been built as well.
    ew1dhjblvp2a.png
    .~*~.
    The next phase is building the first floor drywalls, the roof is finished and they've started with the brickwork on the ground floor.
    if9mln0ev8wf.png
    Columns have been added to the porches to support a bit of roofing that will be added at a later stage.
    v66mvof3xpzd.png
    .~*~.
    Most walls are covered in brickwork by now, and the porch roofs are being worked on. In the meantime, the pool got a makeover too, stones have been added...
    0n68a0maerpe.png
    ...and a tiny pier! The first floor of the house is almost done as well.
    0lrcamo038x7.png
    .~*~.
    Finally, it's time for Adam and Stephanie to check out their home!
    xpcjuj3wg75n.png
    They applaud the architects' excellent work.
    acu9ss7yhmyz.png
    Post edited by MDianaSims on
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This is so neat (and a lot of work, wowzers!) You're using my favorite brick siding! YES!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This is such a cool story!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thanks @Ceres_Meiriona @Hemera123 and @CathyTea I'm happy you like it :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ~*~ Inside Out ~*~
    Let's take a look inside the house, Trevor is working hard on finalising something about the bath.
    zssd2csbxqli.png
    In the meantime Gareth is showing Adam and Stephanie the progress on the kitchen.
    927j93kk7ino.png
    There's still a lot that needs to be done, but the couple is happy, things are slowly being put into place.
    u8z4kc7ck2t2.png
    .~*~.
    The next day they have an appointment with interior designer Nadia, who enthusiastically shares here ideas for the living room.
    4bq6h9sxga2z.png
    This causes Adam to make ridiculous suggestions about yellow walls and purple furniture.
    y5btwx5dmoiv.png
    Stevie explains that he's just joking and that they would prefer pastels.
    hp12z9hdvhpd.png
    When exchanging ideas on the bedroom interior, Nadia is mainly talking about the curtains, particularly how they would "frame" the beautiful view, privacy is a lesser concern.
    pngi1fzu8ogu.png
    Nadia tells Stevie that the writing room is going to make an awesome work space, especially when using lots of pink pastels combined with white.
    qqu5xqq4hxg0.png
    Stevie is hardly convinced, but she just pretends to be interested, she'll decide on the interior for this room all by herself.
    jqcpm59iq0z0.png
    .~*~.
    Adam has in the meantime walked out to greet Andreas, the landscape architect (or garden designer).
    m12qfi0to4xv.png
    When Stevie joins them, Andreas is excitedly rambling about flower borders.
    x75hfbrizsnp.png
    While flowers are alright, Adam tells him he does expect a decent amount of lawn, as well as a nice barbecue spot.
    maf0i2x6me7b.png
    To which Stevie adds that she'd like a gazebo and would rather have a hedge around the garden than a fence.
    hu0bkg7yvi6l.png
    Andreas is happy about the input and says there's plenty of room for all that and probably even a fountain as well!
    zgqo23wfrwgk.png
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Honestly you've just blown my mind this is more than amazing you deserve simmer of the year award!!!
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    So nice and realistic! It would really fit every sim story ever well, to show such process :blush:
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I love your landscaper! LOL! So enthusiastic!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I feel like I'm watching an episode on one of those home reality tv shows. Ha! Very entertaining (not to mention mind blowing on the meticulous staging you've done.) So...once the house is finished, does the story end?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @AuzzPanda and @Sterretjeee :)
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I love your landscaper! LOL! So enthusiastic!
    I think he already knew what would be in the new stuff pack :lol: - that pack will most certainly be great for this project (and many others).
    I feel like I'm watching an episode on one of those home reality tv shows. Ha! Very entertaining (not to mention mind blowing on the meticulous staging you've done.) So...once the house is finished, does the story end?
    Thanks :) I don't know if the story ends when the house is finished, I will move my Sims in the house before it is finished and just add bits an pieces (furnish rooms, landscape the garden) as I go - mostly because I'd prefer to let them properly earn everything. They already have quite a bit of money and some nice furniture in their current home, but I'll probably spend a lot on the wall ivy and the garden :) Besides, that massive pool isn't exactly cheap either. It'll be a while before the house is finished, so I'll just see how it goes.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ~*~ Flower Petals ~*~
    Andreas invited Adam and Stephanie over to the Sanders Architects HQ. He starts a lively report on the plan fro the house and its progress.
    jxvfb3h159rp.jpg
    Nadia pops in to say hello and says they really should make an appointment to look at some furniture.
    dffii1y7f7z1.jpg
    Andreas asks Stevie and Adam to join him at the hot house where they can have a look a the new flowers that arrived last Tuesday. After a long story about flowers, Andreas asks what flowers they'd like and in what colours, and, apparently, his enthusiasm is contagious.
    5yb9x2009whk.jpg
    Next, they move on to have a look at the house, the large trees have been planted and the gazebo is ready too.
    9qeurlgw1x8h.jpg
    Indoors, all things in the way of plumbing and electrical are finished. The kitchen has already been furnished with cupboards and the large appliances.
    r5rdnqw1vesy.jpg
    Stephanie takes a look in the writing room, where several bookcases have been placed.
    h6vy09tz1a7k.jpg
    .~*~.
    The next day is Valentine's Day. Adam is busy making French toast for breakfast.
    sodnqyen1v2f.jpg
    While Stevie is taking a relaxing bath.
    k9uhu5qs5ibv.jpg
    A romantic breakfast for two :)
    57tb1a64urvp.jpg
    Adam takes Stevie to the park on a date.
    g9emwqz8p2p8.jpg
    They retreat to a quiet little nook, they'd like something like this in their own garden.
    2rm9hxa4sme2.jpg
    A little while later they take it to a sunnier place, by the fountain.
    g5nnztxjr3q3.jpg
    Adam, prepared as always, pulls a rose out of his back pocket.
    2og6vvdwq4qi.jpg
    Then there's a kiss..
    lal3iadcqtk1.jpg
    Now what would they do after that? ;)
    1yc4fuc0dzy3.jpg
    Inspecting the shrubbery...
    2gnaf85aaz57.jpg
    Like all good things, the date comes to an end (in style though).
    j2iersuo626d.jpg
    Stevie is feeling postive and decides to make a wish - she's in luck, the wishing well grants her a nice contribution towards the new house.
    fso3osfxnql1.jpg
    Back at home, there's a romantic diner for two.
    g0at6e8bfhmb.jpg
    Followed by a bit of movie watching - it's not "Simder", but "Diamonds are for Sims" - which seemed more suited as both Stevie and Adam recently swithed to the Secret Agent career (but I didn't tell you that), no doubt caused by their friendship with the Goths.
    r5rxpx9y9n05.jpg
    As the credits roll, they retreat to the bedroom (which got a mini-makeover for today) ;)
    35uwkpl8i650.jpg
    Best way to end Valentine's Day... ;)
    ri0gf7o76fyl.jpg
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    AH AMAZING LIKE MY GOODNESS!

I also love it how you change Stevie's hair for different moments :smiley: !
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Fantastic screenshots, Diana!
  • Options
    Thanks Auzz and Dan :blush:

I actually wanted to post the next episode last weekend, but seeing as I've run into some issues in my main save (the one used in this story...) I wasn't able to. That basically means I was so frustrated I went back to playing TSM and left things as they were. Considering I will restart this save from scratch (I know I don't have to do that, but I want to), it may be a while before I will post a new episode. There's one chapter I can better make in the old save, and, in spite of the issues, I can - but I just have to put my mind to doing it.

For those of you who don't know it yet, I started a blog, to place this story (and others) on. :)https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/
    The direct link to this story (as I copied it there) is: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/tagged/thedreamhouseproject

In case you're interested, I'll also be sharing a new story soon, I may start a forum thread for it, but it will definitely be on my Simblr. :)
  • Options
    ~*~ Getting Ready ~*~
    Things have been improved in the garden, the hedge has been planted, the gazebo is a little bit expanded and some of the larger structures have been placed. Andreas is pleased about the progress.
    b61xonnw6h7b.jpg
    Just a quick check on the plans, it seems as if we're ready to start on the flowerbeds and grass.
    y3vrsb1jagui.jpg
    Andreas does another check on the front of the house, things are looking good there too.
    ayzzh9pbax4w.jpg
    He makes a call to tell his customers that the house is ready to be used - the final work on the inside of the house was already finished yesterday.
    l52ktfx2wx3i.jpg
    Adam is just tending his plants as he gets the call, he's happy to hear about the progress. It's time to start planning the move.
    42e3xhcif9ss.jpg
    .~*~.
    One thing that has to happen is a goodbye party for their current neighbours. It's not that they'll never see each other again, but they won't be seeing each other on a daily basis anymore either.
    A few days later Stephanie and Adam finally find the time for a party - not all their neighbours do though, apparently a lot of them work in the evenings.
    llt9laa6ajwh.jpg
    The ones that are there are happily chatting, dancing and eating.
    rb26ny2daicu.jpg
    Of course, Adam en Stephanie sneak a kiss when they think no-one's watching, but Erin sure saw something ;)
    0hiqebs4ojzl.jpg
    Stevie tells her neighbours that they should drop by in Windenburg for a cup of tea, and of course she plans to visit to Rivulet Street every now and then.
    9rl3kao2e8mp.jpg
    When it's time to say goodbye, it's words and hugs for Golluma...
    36mhtnl8bkom.jpg
    ...and Erin (whom they'll no doubt see again soon, they're in the same club ;)).
    arz6kuxn70z9.jpg
    And waving goodbye to the others as well.
    s299ilzbqibo.jpg
    Then, it's time to clean, not just the mess from the party, but stuff needs to be packed, and some of it won't be going to the new house - more about that in the next episode.
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    Love the story so far!! Is the house available for download? Can wait to read the rest of the story :)
  • Options
    Thank you @Brieanna19 :) The house isn't available for download yet, so far it is pretty much just a shell. I may upload a version of it to the Gallery, but I have no idea when that'll be.

As for the story, I do intend to make the next chapter soon(ish), after which the focus will shift towards my Sims for a while. I realised that you see them building their dream home, but you know next to nothing about them, but I've got a plan for that.