Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @Lydiaa88 Very nice :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello, everyone! I like the idea of this challenge, it's so creative!
    Is anyone doing this and writing a blog about it? I would love to read it!
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi again, I finally got started. I started w/Ari and Hava Dominique and they now have a son, Abel. I have a question though, am I allowed to get the kids activity table for Abel? This is for the pre-historic era.
  • Options
    @CharmingMaruska Thank you, it makes me glad to hear that you like it :) I have included links to blogs and YouTube let's plays at the bottom of the first post in this thread, you'll find what you are looking for there :)

@Sonshine77 Very nice :) The kid's activity table is not unlocked until the Middle Ages, so you'll have to wait until then.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have returned from vacation.. Unfortunately my microphone broke so just a little while longer.

EDIT: @Cloudseeker Can I use a mod that negates jealousy in the challenge?
    Post edited by Lydiaa88 on
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Has anyone even come close to earning $25,000 in guitar playing tips alone? With the maximum tip given set at $20.00 once you've reached level 10, it is still hard to reach this goal. I found the library the best place so far, since only community lots available right now are national park, library, and retail. The problem is unlike sims 3, you can only achieve a maximum of $20.00 per tip and once everyone on the lot has tipped you, you now have to wait visitors to leave a new ones to arrive for more tips.

If anyone has even come close this... please share your strategy on how you were able to earn more than $100-$300 per day and assuming your sims were doing this day in and day out ... how long did it take you to reach $25,000 in tips?
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 This is precisely what beta testing is for :) Do your best to try and reach 25,000, and let me know what number you're at when you're starting to reach the end of the Era, so that I can see if the numbers need updating :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited May 2015
    Well that's just it Cloudseeker, I was not able to even come close. I would like to know if anyone else was and if so how did they do it??

I reached about $17,488 in tips before my heir was born. So as you see I was almost $8,000 short. I took 4 family members to the library each day and while the one with level 10 guitar skill was jamming I had the others alternately invite friends to come to the lot in order to keep new tips coming in.... still I was very short of the goal.

So please let me know if anyone makes this goal! I really would like to know if you do reach it and how did you do it. :smiley:

Right now I have already started building my middle ages castle for this family ... You see even if I did not make $25k in tips ... my other sims were painting on easels and writing books at the library and I did reach 100k income for this generation :smiley: .. this of course means I am spending nearly all of it to build a midieval castle
    Post edited by tammyjo329 on
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 Oh, my apologies, I got the impression you were still working towards the goal. I'll make a note in my update document to lower the goal to a more manageable value :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Super excited to have found this challenge! Also, I'll be blogging it, so you're more than welcome to link my blog if you'd like:
    meeshelbysims. tumblr .com
    I had to add spaces in the link as I've not posted enough to be allowed to post links! So they'll need to be deleted if you want to use this. Thanks for the amazing challenge!
  • Options
    @Meeshelby I am glad that you like my challenge :) I have linked to your blog in the main post.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Awesome! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    (I've been lurking on this thread for a while now. I'm intrigued.)
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker may I use your challenge images to incorporate into my blog? I would of course give you credit for them, and a link back to this thread with every post.
  • Options
    I have a microphone and am recording again. Nothing as changed as far as I can see about the rules. So that is great. I should be posting again tomorrow :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Meeshelby Yeah, sure. As long as I'm properly credited, I don't see any problems with that.
    @Lydiaa88 Very nice, looking forward to it :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Thank you @Cloudseeker ! Proper credit given :)
  • Options
    BalladeerBalladeer Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm getting slightly annoyed at the Anglerfish challenge, I've got 3 level 10 fishing sims fishing for multiple days now and have caught over 15 anglerfish, but the most expensive one is only 1334 :-/
  • Options
    @Balladeer You'll get it eventually. It's not supposed to be easy, after all. But it is possible :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Balladeer Nothing is supposed to be easy. Just keep trying and it will come to you.

@Cloudseeker Since the Anglerfish is annoying me as well, I am gonna work on it a little off camera. I will definately pause the game and start recording when it is necessary. I doubt you want to see me sitting here forcing Isaac to fish all day lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Apparently coming across Salmon, Bass, or Catfish to use as bait isn't easy lol.

EDIT: I have spent 3 entire Sim days fishing at Sylvan's Glade at the water fall with either Bass, Salmon or Catfish and I have YET to catch even one Angler Fish.. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    Apparently coming across Salmon, Bass, or Catfish to use as bait isn't easy lol.

EDIT: I have spent 3 entire Sim days fishing at Sylvan's Glade at the water fall with either Bass, Salmon or Catfish and I have YET to catch even one Angler Fish.. Am I doing something wrong?

It is a rare type, maybe it's a bit harder to find in that specific game
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Rivie wrote: »

I just feel like I should have caught at least one by now. I haven't gotten any of them. I have gone through quite a lot of fish to be used as bait as well.
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member

I just feel like I should have caught at least one by now. I haven't gotten any of them. I have gone through quite a lot of fish to be used as bait as well.

Aw, that's bad. I haven't played much with the fishing skill, I don't know if it's somehow normal for some or if it's probably a glitch
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options

Aw, that's bad. I haven't played much with the fishing skill, I don't know if it's somehow normal for some or if it's probably a glitch

I mean... If I hadn't been trying to catch one for a while. I would understand this whole "it is a rare fish might be hard to come across thing" but I have looked this up. I am fishing in the spot they say I should and using the best fish I can as bait and I haven't gotten a single Angler Fish. I dont know if something is wrong with my game or what. I just feel like I should have gotten at least one by now even if it isn't 1500+ in value.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top