Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• BalladeerBalladeer Posts: 15 New Member
    Not sure if it's in here, but how are we supposed to get any seeds in the prehistoric age?
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    Can I make my female pregnant with 5 other sims since Lydia has done the opposite since people could see both options???
    Only the male is allowed to have multiple mates.
    Adolli wrote: »
    Can we use cheats to simply age up sims?
    Only if there's a glitch/bug that prevents them from aging up normally.
    Balladeer wrote: »
    Not sure if it's in here, but how are we supposed to get any seeds in the prehistoric age?
    There are plenty of wild plants around your lot (and other lots). Just harvest those :)
    34in38k.png
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @Cloudseeker Just out of curiosity for when I move on to the next Era. Can we cheat to build the house or do we need to use the funds the prehistoric family gathers?
    @Lydiaa88 I like your latest episodes :) I haven't given upgrading objects much thought, but I don't think that's something big enough to warrant its own rule either for or against, so I'll leave it to the player's discretion :)
    34in38k.png
    edited May 2015
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    Can we cheat to build the house or do we need to use the funds the prehistoric family gathers?
    You'll have to make do with the funds from the Prehistoric family :) No cheats except for the beginning of the challenge and for resolving glitches/bugs. You can always expand and/or rebuild the house during the Era, when you have more funds.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Alright, I just wanted to make sure before I got there and did the wrong thing ^^
    @Lydiaa88 That's always good :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I would like your opinion on the new updates to the game before I start recording

The only new thing that might affect everyone is the update of "You may now influence the gender of your offspring", I don't think we would be able to do this but I thought I would ask.
    The only new thing that might affect everyone is the update of "You may now influence the gender of your offspring", I don't think we would be able to do this but I thought I would ask.
    Since the only real impact gender has on the challenge is the diversity in careers available to the Sim, I won't restrict that. Besides, not allowing Sims to eat certain things or listen to certain music while they're pregnant doesn't make much sense to me.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Fair enough :) Awesome than. I can influence gender! WOO.. Why does that make me happy?
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @Cloudseeker Just so you know, there isn't a way to complete the angling ace aspiration in the prehistoric age because we removed all the ponds, which takes away some types of fish required to complete the last part of the aspiration. Yes there's ponds in Sylvan Glade, but it's a rare-type pond and some fish (like trout and goldfish) are only found in normal-type ponds. We can find ponds in buy debug mode, if we were to place it on a community lot or something. Just thought you should know :)
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
    @ewright9 Hmm, I see. That is good to know indeed. I'll note that in my update document :)
    34in38k.png
    edited May 2015
    Youtube processing is being weird again.. They've been processing for a few hours and still aren't up yet D:

Or maybe it is my internet.. Both is a very good possibility...
    What's the best way to follow your progress in making money? Is there an easy way to see how much you made (as just looking at your cash foregoes your expenses)?
    @Balladeer It's not easy. I usually have a calculator by me and add up everything that counts (some things don't)
    Annoying, but ok, will do ;-)
    @Balladeer That is the easiest way to do it, eggs are no longer up, but I do not count the containers you get from digging, or the treasure maps. Paintings also don't count but they are an AMAZING way to get money for your next era since I love detail xD And I will need tons of money to do such.
    @Balladeer Yes, as @Lydiaa88 said, a calculator or even just a piece of paper by your side while you play is probably the best option. Maybe one day, if we're lucky, an awesome modder will make a mod that automatically keeps track of money made from different sources, but for now, it'll have to be done manually, unfortunately.
    34in38k.png
    edited May 2015
    @Cloudseeker I brought up a question in the episode I just recorded, I don't even remember what it was, but yes, there is one!

EDIT!: I remember now! Are we allowed to have more than one bathroom?
    Are we allowed to have more than one bathroom?
    Absolutely! :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker THANK EVERYTHING! :D
    My episodes are up.
    @Lydiaa88 So I noticed :) Seems to be going steadily forward :)
    34in38k.png
    Seems my sims can't make portraits, aren't they good enough at painting yet?
    @Balladeer I think they need be 2 or 3 of painting. You will get the paint from reference, have a sim stand by the easel and take a picture of them to make the portrait.. It's probably the only way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top