Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    Rivie wrote: »
    Apparently coming across Salmon, Bass, or Catfish to use as bait isn't easy lol.

EDIT: I have spent 3 entire Sim days fishing at Sylvan's Glade at the water fall with either Bass, Salmon or Catfish and I have YET to catch even one Angler Fish.. Am I doing something wrong?

It is a rare type, maybe it's a bit harder to find in that specific game

I just feel like I should have caught at least one by now. I haven't gotten any of them. I have gone through quite a lot of fish to be used as bait as well.

Aw, that's bad. I haven't played much with the fishing skill, I don't know if it's somehow normal for some or if it's probably a glitch

I mean... If I hadn't been trying to catch one for a while. I would understand this whole "it is a rare fish might be hard to come across thing" but I have looked this up. I am fishing in the spot they say I should and using the best fish I can as bait and I haven't gotten a single Angler Fish. I dont know if something is wrong with my game or what. I just feel like I should have gotten at least one by now even if it isn't 1500+ in value.

Yeah, that's why I thought it could be a glitch
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    Apparently coming across Salmon, Bass, or Catfish to use as bait isn't easy lol.

EDIT: I have spent 3 entire Sim days fishing at Sylvan's Glade at the water fall with either Bass, Salmon or Catfish and I have YET to catch even one Angler Fish.. Am I doing something wrong?

It is a rare type, maybe it's a bit harder to find in that specific game

I just feel like I should have caught at least one by now. I haven't gotten any of them. I have gone through quite a lot of fish to be used as bait as well.

Aw, that's bad. I haven't played much with the fishing skill, I don't know if it's somehow normal for some or if it's probably a glitch

I mean... If I hadn't been trying to catch one for a while. I would understand this whole "it is a rare fish might be hard to come across thing" but I have looked this up. I am fishing in the spot they say I should and using the best fish I can as bait and I haven't gotten a single Angler Fish. I dont know if something is wrong with my game or what. I just feel like I should have gotten at least one by now even if it isn't 1500+ in value.

Yeah, that's why I thought it could be a glitch

Now the question of the day is, do I need to restart the save file... or what... I'm just waiting for @Cloudseeker at this point.

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    You might want to try using your bait you caught for the Angler Fish in the pond at Sylvan Glade. I caught all of mine in the pond there and not in the stream. I used the stream to catch the bigger bait needed for the Angler fish.
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 I've fished there as well, about the same amount as the stream area.. Nothing from there as well.
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    I'm wondering if there is any talented person here who can make a rock oven. Ancient/prehistoric man did have those and of course, there would be restrictions on what you could make. I guess I'm just tired of hotdogs, lol.
  • Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Lydiaa88 Hmm, that is odd. You are using Bass, Salmon or Catfish as bait, at the pond in Sylvan Glade, yes? Also, apparently there may be a bug when fishing with a max level fisherman. Try fishing with someone who is exactly level 7 in fishing, again using Bass, Salmon or Catfish as bait. EDIT: Oh, and you are allowed to try Forgotten Grotto as well. You can travel to other Worlds for collection purposes.

@Sonshine77 That would be awesome, indeed :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker I will take Lily and Isaac back there tonight.. She is level 7. If that doesn't work, I will take them to Forgotten Grotto, if that doesn't work, I will post back here later.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Cloudseeker So an update on Lily and Isaac. I took Lily (fishing level 7) to Sylvan's Glade. Turned up empty handed after 1 skill point and almost half way to 9 in fishing. So I returned her to their home lot and boosted up her handiness skill before taking her to Forgotten Grotto. Once there, fished a bit for Bass. I turned up with a 1313 Angler Fish followed by a 1450.

Also, by boosting her Handiness Skill I have surpassed the 50,000 goal.. Hurrah!! (I am sorry I didn't catch this on camera... I was a little irritated)

EDIT!!: OH HAPPY DAYS!!! Lily as caught an Angler Fish worth 1626. Yay!! I have mounted it and I am keeping it >.< Freaking thing is hard as heck to get.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Congrats! :) Wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy, now would it? :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Congrats! :) Wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy, now would it? :)

Oh, I get that it isn't supposed to be easy, I just wasn't catching a SINGLE Angler Fish and it was making me irritable especially when I was doing it where I was supposed to and such.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 That is very understandable :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Congrats LYdiaa88 on your Angler fish catch! They are very hard to catch!
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    (Still lurking)
  • Options
    BalladeerBalladeer Posts: 15 New Member
    Yay a new best at 1448... :-(
  • Options
    BalladeerBalladeer Posts: 15 New Member
    `Getting closer, at 1498 now :sweat:
  • Options
    New Episodes are going up shortly.. :)
  • Options
    RittanyRittany Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi My name is Rittany and I am super excited to finally be a part of this community. I was hunting around a bit for a challenge to do since Sims 3 and this seems very interesting. I am going to download some content and get my game ready for this and will post an update as soon as I am able to do links etc ^^

Looking forward to read people's updates and get to know everyone
  • Options
    @Rittany Glad to have another simmer on board. Hope you have as much fun as everyone else and I look forward to hearing from you about when you get started and your updates <3

Also for everyone else: videos are up.
  • Options
    @Rittany Welcome to the community, and to this challenge :) I look forward to seeing how the challenge goes for you.
    @Lydiaa88 Nice, I'll be checking out those videos as soon as I have time :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    RittanyRittany Posts: 11 New Member
    Thanks guys! I just downloaded the suggested CC and now moving on to the other CC I hope to find. Looking forward to this <3
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker Episode 21 is going to go up soon as well. I am only posting 1 a day on the weekends as opposed to the 2 during the week.
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker So once an era ends.. for me say Ariel's son/daughter is born. Am I allowed to marry Ariel and the babies dad since the next era has TECHNICALLY started? I just wanna check :)
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Hi everybody! Could I ask what to do for fun in the pre-historic era? Right now, all I have is molding clay. They have a cow plant that hasn't grown yet. They used to have another one, but it died probably of starvation. Painting does not give fun, at least in my game it doesn't. My painter sim's fun tanks out when he's painting.
  • Options
    @Sonshine77 There wasn't much to do for fun in Prehistoric days unfortunately.
  • Options
    With the addition of Baby James.. Prehistoric Era is over for the Wright family..

Let me recap on the restrictions here on the page although the video won't be up for a few days..
    Challenge Wide Goals:
    Handiness, Gardening, Fishing at level 10 first time complete
    Botanist aspiration complete first time
    Portrait of Isaac and Lily and Ariel soo that is complete..
    No one has died so the graves don't need to be displayed yet.

Prehistoric Goals
    • Lily achieved level 10 Fishing, Gardening, and Handiness.. Check.
    • 60,000 simoleons earned? The household currently holds: 115,555 so check.
    • Isaac had children with: Lily, Eve, Zuri, Lizabeth and Talia. Check
    • Caught an Anglerfish worth 1610 that is PROUDLY hanging on the wall of their new home.
    • No one has died, so check!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top