Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Free Trial

Comments

• Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    Please please please give TS4 a try. It's free. Then, whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!

This coming from the guy who "forgot" his forum password. He wants you to post here but he'll never read the feedback.
    "Please please please give TS4 a try. It's free"? I laughed way too hard, that reeks of desperation and amateur behavior.

I'm definitely going with desperation here.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    A huge slap to the face!! Well now, people will be able to see its low quality for free and probably not a lot of people who try it will buy it.

For one, toddlers are still missing, and 3 life stages look exaclty the same minus elder.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Wylsey wrote: »
    I've just tried to play the "48 hour game time" Only to finish downloading/installing it and be told I've already enjoyed my game time... :disappointed:

Frustrated by this because it has only just gone up so where the frig was I for those 48 hours?

AND This is even after speaking to EA customer support! :angry:

I noticed while my game was downloading it said I had 9 hours of playing already even though I have never played this game. I do have the CAS demo though and I have tried that, but I didn't think it was for 9 hours. I think if you have played the CAS Demo is counts towards your 48 hours.

You know, I wonder. I noticed that my CAS demo time is probably conflagrated with my Sims 4 game playing time, but that would be pretty terrible for EA and Maxis if that happens with the free playtime as well.

Ouch, that is probably the worst thing that could happen to them doing this, actually.

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2015
    omg, really that
    Please please please give TS4 a try. It's free. Then, whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!
    was really epic and they still want know why this game is not selling well???, if what we already asked is not enough goes on desesperate mode not gonna be better, this is smelling like a "flop" is coming.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    I think the oversight is that I noticed while it was downloading for me it said I had already played 9 hours, even though that is not true the only thing I have Sims 4 related is the CAS Demo. Apparently if you played the CAS demo at all, that time comes out of your time to play Sims 4.

omg.jpg
    OH MY GOD!

One simmer on here has said that she has 159 hours though and she can still play it, so it maybe something that only affects certain people due to a bug. Still that is a pretty bad bug if people are hoping to play Sims 4 for 48 hours but can't because they played the CAS Demo.
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    omg, really that
    was really epic and they still want know why this game is not selling well???, if what we already asked is not enough goes on desesperate mode not gonna be better, this is smilling like a "flop" is coming.

In truth, this tweet worries me. I don't want TS4 to die -- I want it to be fixed and fun.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    If their servers can't handle this, it makes me doubly glad the game didn't become an online game.
  • Options
    DarkMisfitDarkMisfit Posts: 363 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    If their servers can't handle this, it makes me doubly glad the game didn't become an online game.

This.
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    omg, really that
    was really epic and they still want know why this game is not selling well???, if what we already asked is not enough goes on desesperate mode not gonna be better, this is smilling like a "flop" is coming.

In truth, this tweet worries me. I don't want TS4 to die -- I want it to be fixed and fun.
    to be fair i also dont want this die otherwise the money i spend on this will be wasted i want they stop to make what they want and make what we want while still have time to save the game.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member

dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I've just tried to play the "48 hour game time" Only to finish downloading/installing it and be told I've already enjoyed my game time... :disappointed:

Frustrated by this because it has only just gone up so where the frig was I for those 48 hours?

I noticed while my game was downloading it said I had 9 hours of playing already even though I have never played this game. I do have the CAS demo though and I have tried that, but I didn't think it was for 9 hours. I think if you have played the CAS Demo is counts towards your 48 hours.

My demo has 159 hours on it though and I could still play. It might be doing that for some idk, but I don't think it's supposed to. It would be really dumb to set it up that way...

But we are talking about EA, so you never know.

Hmmm. That is interesting, nevertheless it shouldn't affect the hours to actually play Sims 4 if you played the demo and if it is affecting people EA needs to get that sorted ASAP.

I should also add, mine says I've played 159 for the trial too, but still isn't taking away any time (so far) from what I can play. So that might not be too much of concern. If you see that it's not necessarily a problem.

But yeah they do need to fix it for the people who aren't actually able to play because of it, hopefully they do. It's a really bad example if they can't even fix the trial.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

This coming from the guy who "forgot" his forum password. He wants you to post here but he'll never read the feedback.

The only thing about this statement that give me hope was that he said, "whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!" This give me hope that they don't care if we buy it or not, just that they want feedback MAYBE so they know what to put into Sims 5. This is my hopes at least.

I'm sorry but I see something else, post on the forums what you think and we don't care because we don't go there. Admitting defeat already? Man, didn't see that coming. *wonders why they didn't say post on FB or Twitter?*

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

My demo has 159 hours on it though and I could still play. It might be doing that for some idk, but I don't think it's supposed to. It would be really dumb to set it up that way...

But we are talking about EA, so you never know.

Hmmm. That is interesting, nevertheless it shouldn't affect the hours to actually play Sims 4 if you played the demo and if it is affecting people EA needs to get that sorted ASAP.

I should also add, mine says I've played 159 for the trial too, but still isn't taking away any time (so far) from what I can play. So that might not be too much of concern. If you see that it's not necessarily a problem.

But yeah they do need to fix it for the people who aren't actually able to play because of it, hopefully they do. It's a really bad example if they can't even fix the trial.
    lol have a epic trial fail also will be another omg moment, serious where EA is hiring they workers????
  • Options
    I think the oversight is that I noticed while it was downloading for me it said I had already played 9 hours, even though that is not true the only thing I have Sims 4 related is the CAS Demo. Apparently if you played the CAS demo at all, that time comes out of your time to play Sims 4.

omg.jpg
    OH MY GOD!

One simmer on here has said that she has 159 hours though and she can still play it, so it maybe something that only affects certain people due to a bug. Still that is a pretty bad bug if people are hoping to play Sims 4 for 48 hours but can't because they played the CAS Demo.

I said in another thread that that is probably the absolute worst thing that could happen to them with this trial period.

The problem of server overload is pretty bad as well. It's not only affecting the Sims.

• Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    This is so not gonna go the way they hope it goes.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    DarkMisfit wrote: »
    greenXen wrote: »

This.

and i think they wouldnt want to do online game
    sicne chances are they are fearful someone will decide to make an online sims brothel again
    which is weird...
    since why would anyone get ....
    with the sims..

:/ the world is a fascinating place...

• Options
    blewis823 wrote: »

The only thing about this statement that give me hope was that he said, "whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!" This give me hope that they don't care if we buy it or not, just that they want feedback MAYBE so they know what to put into Sims 5. This is my hopes at least.

I'm sorry but I see something else, post on the forums what you think and we don't care because we don't go there. Admitting defeat already? Man, didn't see that coming. *wonders why they didn't say post on FB or Twitter?*

That's just it though, for Sims 4 they have mainly been posting on Facebook and Twitter, maybe they want people to come here so they can post their ideas and they can learn from them for Sims 5. I'm trying to optimistic okay!!! *runs away crying*
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I was thinking the same thing. Unless it's a post / thread about "zomg this game is flawless" then the thread is either apparently closed for investigation ( read : Never to be reopened ) or shunted off the a dark corner of the forum where hardly anyone goes.
    What's the point of making feedback threads when they don't really pay attention anyway? If they had paid attention to feedback in the past, we would never have ended up with Sims 4 : Failed MMO Edition.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    But why people you complain about Sims 4? Seriously, Sims 4 is the best game I've ever seen of my life. I don't know why it's not THE game of the year.

Look at that, I can't be bored when I play it! So many emotions, so many lives. It's not really bad, no lag, all is smooth, less bug than previous sims game. All is perfect. I love it. I dream of Sims 4 when I sleep, when I eat. I have a crush for this game! I'M SO HAPPY.

Thanls EA, it's worth my money. You finally listened to your fans.

Oh wait....

tumblr_mnh05b7A7i1sqpjgto1_500.gif
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

That's just it though, for Sims 4 they have mainly been posting on Facebook and Twitter, maybe they want people to come here so they can post their ideas and they can learn from them for Sims 5. I'm trying to optimistic okay!!! *runs away crying*

Aww, I am sorry. *HUGS* I can be such a plum.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »

omg.jpg
    OH MY GOD!

I said in another thread that that is probably the absolute worst thing that could happen to them with this trial period.

The problem of server overload is pretty bad as well. It's not only affecting the Sims.

What's irritating to me is that I was online and halfway through downloading the game when it kicked me off. I could understand if I wasn't online not letting me on, but I was already downloading it, so how much sense does it make to kick me off? None, and it is really annoying because now I won't be able to finish downloading before I leave tomorrow. SO I won't be able to play Sims 4 until Sunday at the earliest now. Thanks Origin!
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    A huge slap to the face!! Well now, people will be able to see its low quality for free and probably not a lot of people who try it will buy it.

For one, toddlers are still missing, and 3 life stages look exaclty the same minus elder.

rhonj-car-praying.gif

There is no difference because animation for teens was too hard and too expensive :(
  • Options

Aww, I am sorry. *HUGS* I can be such a plum.

Don't touch me!
    stranger_danger_by_burn4k.jpg
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    The Sims 4. Destroying dreams since 2014
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    This free trial is blowing up in their face and all they can do is sit back and watch the mess get bigger and bigger. I hope this isn't the only thing they're giving us for the 15th anniversary.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    What's next? The game being ported to our mobile phones as a free game? ;););)