Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Free Trial

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    How big is the game? A couple of gigs. No way would I spent all the money on data to download a game for 2 days :/

It all depends on your internet connection though.

Well mine isn't unlimited so nope!
    Besides, I couldn't hurt my PC like that

#StopTheMerging.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Well mine isn't unlimited so nope!
    Besides, I couldn't hurt my PC like that

#StopTheMerging.

Unlimited or not, it is still your internet connection. ;)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Does it come with toddlers?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Does it come with toddlers?

Some unreliable person's answer, " Uhhh... it has emotionzzzz"
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    edited January 2015
    Yes but will those who do buy consistently invest? I'm not so sure it's the greatest idea because I'm pretty sure they will run into the same issues everyone is having and selling just the base won't cut it. They need to sell lots of dlc and eps.

I think those who aren't new players see the flaws more clearly than those who get introduce to a new simulation game for the first time. So they would like new players because the new players won't know the things they have lost from the last games and won't mind as much if those things get introduced in GP, EP and SP, and won't see it as repetitive like we find it repetitive in buying seasons, pets, magical beings, etc as well. Now, would they invest consistently? Nobody knows for certain how many will. But at least they will have new players around who at least know about the game (and might talk about it with their friends to try it as well) and might like it and convert into new loyal fans to replace the old fans who are upset about their "vision". A proof already that they are trying to reach the new players (particularly a younger group) is using the social media a lot and paying celebrities to introduce their game to their fans.

So what are they losing? Nothing really. The old players already know that is out and might have not bought it, but might now if they play it. But if the old players don't buy it now. So what? They already didn't buy it anyways. But the new players won't have anything to compare this game to like old players do, specially when this game has no competition in the market. A good chance to get new players definitely.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    Hmmm...They are releasing the free trial shortly after they marked the game back up to full price. Interesting..
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Maaaaaan I had a really nice economics lesson response and then they merged the threads and I lost it ;_;
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    RARAW wrote: »
    Yes but will those who do buy consistently invest? I'm not so sure it's the greatest idea because I'm pretty sure they will run into the same issues everyone is having and selling just the base won't cut it. They need to sell lots of dlc and eps.

I think those who aren't new players see the flaws more clearly than those who get introduce to a new simulation game for the first time. So they would like new players because the new players won't know the things they have lost from the last games and won't mind as much if those things get introduced in GP, EP and SP, and won't see it as repetitive like we find it repetitive in buying seasons, pets, magical beings, etc as well. Now, would they invest consistently? Nobody knows for certain how many will. But at least they will have new players around who at least know about the game (and might talk about it with their friends to try it as well) and might like it and convert into new loyal fans to replace the old fans who are upset about their "vision". A proof already that they are trying to reach the new players (particularly a younger group) is using the social media a lot and paying celebrities to introduce their game to their fans.

So what are they losing? Nothing really. The old players already know that is out and might have not bought it, but might now if they play it. But if the old players don't buy it now. So what? They already didn't buy it anyways. But the new players won't have anything to compare this game to like old players do, specially when this game has no competition in the market. A good chance to get new players definitely.

I agree. But I think what's most likely is people who are existing fans who held off will try it as a test before they reach new customers. The sims already has a young following EA appears to have overlooked because a lot of people on my family thread, me included, have younger family members we introduced to the previous sims games (free advertising EA!) who have tried 4 and been as upset as the rest of us at the missing areas of family play and other missing features. I think EA assumed all teens want to play the young adult lifestyle and I don't think that's true at all.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    I'm so annoyed because in the middle of the Sims 4 download, literally the middle Origin went off line for me and it paused my download and now I can't get it to go back online! It says online login is unavailable! So this is me right now...
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed because in the middle of the Sims 4 download, literally the middle Origin went off line for me and it paused my download and now I can't get it to go back online! It says online login is unavailable! So this is me right now...

See it is cursing you already....enjoy... >:)
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

See it is cursing you already....enjoy... >:)

Nope, I figure I am just not as important as other customers so I got the boot so other people could download it.
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    I've just tried to play the "48 hour game time" Only to finish downloading/installing it and be told I've already enjoyed my game time... :disappointed:

Frustrated by this because it has only just gone up so where the frig was I for those 48 hours?

AND This is even after speaking to EA customer support! :angry:
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Wylsey wrote: »
    I've just tried to play the "48 hour game time" Only to finish downloading/installing it and be told I've already enjoyed my game time... :disappointed:

Frustrated by this because it has only just gone up so where the frig was I for those 48 hours?

Oh dear :( no good if you can't even enjoy any time in game. Hope you get it sorted, sounds like a bunch of hassle people don't need :(
  • Options

I noticed while my game was downloading it said I had 9 hours of playing already even though I have never played this game. I do have the CAS demo though and I have tried that, but I didn't think it was for 9 hours. I think if you have played the CAS Demo is counts towards your 48 hours.
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    Please please please give TS4 a try. It's free. Then, whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!

This coming from the guy who "forgot" his forum password. He wants you to post here but he'll never read the feedback.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited January 2015
    While giving a free trial to The Sims 4 is a smart marketing scheme
    in all honesty
    i think
    it
    is
    definately a short oversight...

why is that?
    1. Expected Marketing Boost wouldnt be as high as they hope for because they just gave access for everyone to witness the quality of the "finished" base game.
    2. They just gave a big slap on the face of those who actually purchased the game since their server(s) cannot handle the sheer quantity of people accessing the Galleries and whatnot; making those with the actual games cannot access and browse galleries...
    3. I think this is a silly marketing scheme that may backfire more rather than increase profit and purchase margin.
    4. (as pointed out by dmel25) The Time Limit gets deducted from time spent on Demo Play. so... Its does affect future customer(s) opinion further...
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I noticed while my game was downloading it said I had 9 hours of playing already even though I have never played this game. I do have the CAS demo though and I have tried that, but I didn't think it was for 9 hours. I think if you have played the CAS Demo is counts towards your 48 hours.

I was thinking that myself, as it says I've played it for an hour.

Honestly, It puts me off the game even more when they cannot get a trial to run properly. Just makes me think the proper game will end up buggy/glitchy mess constantly.

As it stands right now I cannot even get Origin to go online....
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    While giving a free trial to The Sims 4 is a smart marketing scheme
    in all honesty
    i think
    it
    is
    definately a short oversight...

why is that?
    1. Expected Marketing Boost wouldnt be as high as they hope for because they just gave access for everyone to witness the quality of the "finished" base game.
    2. They just gave a big slap on the face of those who actually purchased the game since their server(s) cannot handle the sheer quantity of people accessing the Galleries and whatnot; making those with the actual games cannot purchase and browse galleries...
    3. I think this is a silly marketing scheme that may backfire more rather than increase profit and purchase margin.

Agreed.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    Please please please give TS4 a try. It's free. Then, whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!

This coming from the guy who "forgot" his forum password. He wants you to post here but he'll never read the feedback.

Yes, I noticed the irony in that tweet too.. as well as the aroma of desperation.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Gillie wrote: »

The only thing about this statement that give me hope was that he said, "whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!" This give me hope that they don't care if we buy it or not, just that they want feedback MAYBE so they know what to put into Sims 5. This is my hopes at least.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member

My demo has 159 hours on it though and I could still play. It might be doing that for some idk, but I don't think it's supposed to. It would be really dumb to set it up that way...

But we are talking about EA, so you never know.
  • Options
    I think the oversight is that I noticed while it was downloading for me it said I had already played 9 hours, even though that is not true the only thing I have Sims 4 related is the CAS Demo. Apparently if you played the CAS demo at all, that time comes out of your time to play Sims 4.
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

My demo has 159 hours on it though and I could still play. It might be doing that for some idk, but I don't think it's supposed to. It would be really dumb to set it up that way...

Hmmm. That is interesting, nevertheless it shouldn't affect the hours to actually play Sims 4 if you played the demo and if it is affecting people EA needs to get that sorted ASAP.
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

EA Customer support had me delete origin and install the latest version said it could be due to corrupt files, but now Im not even able to get online with it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    I think the oversight is that I noticed while it was downloading for me it said I had already played 9 hours, even though that is not true the only thing I have Sims 4 related is the CAS Demo. Apparently if you played the CAS demo at all, that time comes out of your time to play Sims 4.

omg.jpg
    OH MY GOD!