Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Free Trial

1333435363739...Next

Comments

• Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    yeah when I first saw that I was like, "free? really?"...nope..."Origin Game Time" is an odd thing to call it...vague and sort of misleading...wait, what? ;)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    yeah when I first saw that I was like, "free? really?"...nope..."Origin Game Time" is an odd thing to call it...vague and sort of misleading...wait, what? ;)

I posted exactly what it says at the top of the page before you log into the forums. Please note it does not say "trial" it says "free", so EA is misleading people by the way they worded it.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Lots of people were having difficulty making the 48 hour trial work, so the reminder isn't a bad idea. I think @SimGuruBChick‌ has gotten most of the issues under control now or knows how to fix them, anyway (lots of people are posting feedback when they were having trouble before.) It's worth noting that it's 48 hours real time, not game time, so it might be wise to start playing when you'll have plenty of time to play before the trial ends.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited January 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It's a Free Trial for 48 hours and not the game for Free. :)

The that message that comes up before you log in is very misleading.

@bobyo2001 - Origin is working just fine for me
    It is correct, sure you can play the game for 48 hours but after 48 hours you have to make a choice, to continue to play you must pay or not pay and no game. So it is not misleading as your post was, your post for face value tells one the game is free but not the whole story.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I posted exactly what it says at the top of the page before you log into the forums. Please note it does not say "trial" it says "free", so EA is misleading people by the way they worded it.
    And you are assisting EA/Maxis when you are aware that the game is free for period of time.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

And you are assisting EA/Maxis when you are aware that the game is free for period of time.

I was NOT aware of that when I posted the link. I didn't click on it as I have the game. Eye-roll-Tina.gif#eye%20roll%20400x195
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    LOL, @06Bon06 - I've downloaded it, but haven't tried it yet. How is the appearance?

It looks like a game would from 1997...

screen2.jpg

But it's a lot of fun, I've been playing for like 2 hours ahha
    Oh yes this game is the bomb and I had a blast playing it and still do.

• Options
    InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    > @IngeJones said:
    > I can't play Theme Hospital any more. My new PC won't play the CD copy I already owned, nor the new download. It does the opening video ok, and the menu, but as soon as I start to open the game a black "DOS" box pops up saying something is too fast then the whole thing closes before I have a chance to read the error message properly.
    Are you using Windows? Is there a game icon on your desktop? If so, try right-clicking on the icon and select 'Properties" > 'Compatability' and select an older version of Windows under 'Compatability Mode' Choose a version that you know that ran the game before.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2015
    Infoseeken wrote: »
    > @IngeJones said:
    > I can't play Theme Hospital any more. My new PC won't play the CD copy I already owned, nor the new download. It does the opening video ok, and the menu, but as soon as I start to open the game a black "DOS" box pops up saying something is too fast then the whole thing closes before I have a chance to read the error message properly.

@IngeJones Have you thought about trying the one from goodoldgames.com? It comes with a dosbox fix installed, and I've had no issues playing it on my newish computer. I also had the disc version and had so much crashing. I'm in the U.K. and it cost about £4.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Well EA I tried your free trial game and I am still not convinced. I still think the sims 4 is lacking and playing it only proved my point of view about it. It will never compare to the sims 2 or 3 no matter how many game packs you add.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    mummykimmummykim Posts: 1 New Member
    I have spent the last 12 hours trying to get the trial to work I can not even get access to the game even after applying all of their trouble shoots I feel completely ripped of glad I tried the demo and not just buy the game like I was planing

Demo won't work so I dought the game will work would have being a waste of money and time. Although I have already wasted my time looks like I will stick to my Sims 3
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    mummykim wrote: »
    I have spent the last 12 hours trying to get the trial to work I can not even get access to the game even after applying all of their trouble shoots I feel completely ripped of glad I tried the demo and not just buy the game like I was planing

Demo won't work so I dought the game will work would have being a waste of money and time. Although I have already wasted my time looks like I will stick to my Sims 3

Welcome to the forums :smile:

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg