Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

african american cc hair

Comments

• Options
    JubbYOJubbYO Posts: 34 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    IMISCHA wrote: »
    BTW, @MasonGamer YOU DIDN'T LUCK OUT WITH YOUR FATHER'S HAIR. YOU JUST GOT HIS HAIR GENES. ONE ISN'T UNLUCKY TO END UP WITH MORE ETHNIC HAIR. BEING MIXED YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND BIASIS BASED ON YOUR ETHNICITIES. DON'T DOWNPLAY YOUR HERITAGE JUST BECAUSE OTHERS FEEL ONE SIDE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER CUZ ITS NOT.

> @MasonGamer said:
    > Understandable. I'm half white so I lucked out and got my father's hair. lol

Uh...
    1) caps unnecessary

2) didn't realize how bias it sounded, at the time, Sorry didn't mean it.

The reason, I said it, was because I saw how much maintenance my mother's hair is, I was just thankful for my hair isn't high maintenance. My mother's hair is beautiful when she's done with it.

Didn't mean anything of it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

I don't think she put words in your mouth. I agree with her. And many others agreed with her.

You can unintentionally say things that you feel are true. You may honestly believe your mother's hair is "bad" and your father's hair is "good" on a subconscious level.

Black people's hair isn't "high-maintenance". Black men wear their hair cropped short just like white men. Black men's hair is much easier to cut than white men's.

Women OF ALL RACES do much more complicated things to their hair. Neither group of hair is high-maintenance. You can't compare how your dad does his hair to how your mom does hers. If that was the case, you could just say "Thank God I'm born a guy." because that is true too. For example, comparing black men's hair to a white woman's: The white woman does much more complicated things because of gender and sexism.

• Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    edited October 2015
    There are honestly so many CC styles you can find on tumblr. You just gotta be smart with the tags you search, and look thoroughly. Hope that helps :smile:
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    UnicornSimmahUnicornSimmah Posts: 1 New Member
    lol black people wear white people hair styles too? like straight, wavy... any. theres no 'real' black skin colour hairstyle. my friend is black and her hair is DEAD straight unlike me I have extremely curly hair (I'm mixed btw) so like.. you can use any style of hair on a Asian, White, Black, Russian whatever kinda sim on them? ;-;
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Oh boy. Can someone just please post a picture of Bob Ross - or Google him so we can end the afros are only worn by blacks argument? And then another picture of people of all races wearing dreadlocks? The point of the thread is that TS4 needs more diverse hairstyles - and particularly those that are traditionally worn by people whose skin just happens to be darker than what the game caters to?

And for the record, many Greeks migrate to the USA and I've met several with afros bigger than mine - which indicates that there was some afro-something somewhere in their lineage. And there's nothing wrong with that. Psssssh.

More hair - all types, please. And certainly more of what has been requested here.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    FoxzVivianaFoxzViviana Posts: 128 Member
    There seems to be too many non people of color talking about what people of color do/want.

I was talking to my sister about the lack of "black hairstyles" in my game the other day. Contrary to many people's belief's black/mixed people have more styles than afro's and or wigs. If you still think that all black people and mixed people just have two hairstyles, I suggest immersing yourself in black culture because you, my friend are in need of some enlightenment.

There is not enough diversity in the Sims 4. I - as a mixed race girl, do not have my hair in an afro everyday, and I do not wear weaves. I still wear braids, buns, cornrows, twists, and (not currently as I'm going natural) but I used to straighten and curl my hair a lot.

To say that black people playing the Sims 4 is in the minority and we should focus more on what the majority wants is so ignorant I can't even begin to explain. How many different times can you put straight hair in a game and call it a different hairstyle? This game lacks diversity, and it's really sad to see how one track minded the game really is. It needs to be open to darker skin colors, and more than just straight hair.

There shouldn't have to be CC that people have to download. There should already be a bit of diversity in game.
  • Options
    gretamode1gretamode1 Posts: 50 Member
    I have to admit that I too was disappointed at the lack of hairstyle options overall in the game. I feel like we got a wider range in the older games.
  • Options
    rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    Aaannd back to the actual discussion
    LumiaLoverSims has some great textured hairs
    For men:
    x
    For women:
    x x x
    For kids:
    x

I'm also in love with this one: x and this one: x
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Great suggestions here and I didn't see this one mentioned so I will go ahead and post it
    tumblr_nt2wueLnkR1svletjo1_500.jpg
    http://simsontherope.tumblr.com/post/126676813721/afro-disiaque-a-new-hairstyle-for-the-sims-4-i
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I especially want more hair types for black female sims. Some long curly wavy hair would be great for starters and some dredlocks.

My sim Lily patiently waits.
  • Options
    They have just slacked completely on sims 4 by simplifying everything so much that it took so much away from gameplay.. not only black adults male and female need more styles to choose from, but the.kids need more.i often wonder if the sims 4 was made In China how.much better the game would have been. I feel like the devs are either fresh out of computer gaming shool and not one of them played any sims games period..

It would probebly be worse. I think the developers are good but the game is still fairly new being only a year old. Give them time.
  • Options
    Basically we had this same issue in TS3. There wasn't enough ethinic hairstyles to choose from and I begged for them from the store. I'm hoping TS4 will have more in the future.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    They must be really hard for ea to create just like toddlers are to sims 4 . They are just not there.
  • Options
    PopteenPrincessPopteenPrincess Posts: 17 Member
    It's more of an unintentional consequence that there's a lack of ethnic hairstyles in the base game. It's just really difficult to texture in those curls and stuff without having it look really awkward. But you're not alone, I can't find my hair either, and CC barely has any. I've looked all around and in the end I just had to stick with pigtails.
    I'm personally disappointed that we can't have a function to mold hair like we mold faces, because hair TRULY does 'make' the person, even more so than faces imo. I mean, if the face is a little off, as long as the general idea is there, it's fine. But hair is a different story, so I totally understand your pain.

Let's hope that with coming expansion packs there will be more options for hair necessary...
  • Options
    RoyaleSimsRoyaleSims Posts: 3 New Member
    lumialover sims makes em
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    We need an around the world hair patch for the game. More hair options are always welcome. :)
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Disappointed to see the rumored new hair looks so similar to the hair already in the game that people had a hard time telling if it really is new.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited May 2016
    [img][/img]achd_zpsr67dc2rw.jpg

dreads, twists (long or short), afro (with or without a pick), waves, and a design (variety to choose from) on cut hair for African male sims

really thick long braids for African female sims
    Post edited by uzumo on
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

I agree, they could use more ethnic looking hairs, but I will say, I really love most of the few that we do have.
  • Options
    340000453340000453 Posts: 73 Member
    Yessssss, my mom has a really curly afro. All they have are the poofy Afros in the sims4, I really wish they would have gave us at least one. :(
  • Options
    [quote="pepperjax1230;13811819"][quote="sweetface44;13811610"]i am beginning to think that robots work at EA.[/quote]So you work there? Why not search on MTS or TSR for that?

[/quote]

My parents won't let me download cc on the computer.....
  • Options
    And do you guys know if Ea actually look at these?
  • Options
    Unordinary25Unordinary25 Posts: 24 Member
    [quote="sweetface44;811036"]i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!![/quote]

I agree and it's about time they do this!
  • Options
    Ldyt611Ldyt611 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have to agree, I do love our natural hair and the game seriously lacks in that department. However, we don't always wear our hair in dreadlocks, or braids; I suggest a black hair magazine for inspiration, so we aren’t always waiting on CC Creators for something decent.
  • Options
    DLatriceDLatrice Posts: 71 Member
    i skipped through the "you're racist" "nuh uh, YOU'RE racist" comments and just scanned this thread for links. The EA afro looks terrible so I am on the look out for afro puffs, faux-hawks, and curly (not hair with curls, there's a difference) hairstyles.
    giphy.gif