Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

african american cc hair

Comments

• Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I too would appreciate African American hair styles. Curly wavy in shot shoulder length and long. Give me a spiral texture please EA!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    I would love more hairstyles with proper curls. I don't necessarily have tight curls myself, but my ringlets are still curlier than what EA provides.

Though there then comes the question of how can EA simplify the mesh enough (so the poly count isn't skyrocketing) and still pull off the look of curls? I wish I knew more about how to mesh and texture hairs to make them look nice or even edit the ones we've already gotten. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how the team might go about it?
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I am about as white as they come, and of Scandinavian origin, but I would love to see more hairstyles in the game. The photo with the little girl that was posted earlier in this thread is adorable. I have naturally straight hair, but I would like to see more options for perms in the game. This includes both tight curls and loose curls, though I know there are limits to what EA is going to be willing to do within the limitations of their art style for this game (since they went for a cartoonish look rather than venture into the uncanny valley for realism). Tight curls may just be too much detail for this art style (though I love and downloaded the cc braids from the Sims Resource they technically are more realistic than the EA made hairstyles). My cousin married a beautiful black woman, and she does her hair kinda like Rihanna did for awhile. I would love to see that kind of hairstyle in the game - I think the art style might be able to accommodate that.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    A lot of the hair EA is making for the game looks pretty much the same though the textures are getting a bit better as they move on so maybe they'll add ethnic hair though what pack would they add it in? I think they should just patch them in we shouldn't have to buy something that feels like it should be in the base game but that's just me.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member

very nice hair thanks for sharing
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    A lot of the hair EA is making for the game looks pretty much the same though the textures are getting a bit better as they move on so maybe they'll add ethnic hair though what pack would they add it in? I think they should just patch them in we shouldn't have to buy something that feels like it should be in the base game but that's just me.

they are getting better with more black hair options i just hope to see plenty more no more dreads or fros tho
  • Options
    LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    I'd love to have more curly hair and diversity as well in the hair department. I had put a few CC's of hair into my game. They definitely don't give you much hair to choose from.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Can everyone please report/flag this ignorant John_Salonica guy and stop responding to him? I will never understand why non-poc get offended by poc wanting more content and representation for them. Adding more Afro hairstyles will not take away from anything in your game, if you don't want it don't use it.

I feel CAS has improved in it's selection as the braids, dreads, afro on my avatar and black male styles are lovely but there is always room for improvement, and the largest afro is terrible. I hope the devs look at the pictures in this thread and consider them
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Can everyone please report/flag this ignorant John_Salonica guy and stop responding to him? I will never understand why non-poc get offended by poc wanting more content and representation for them. Adding more Afro hairstyles will not take away from anything in your game, if you don't want it don't use it.

I feel CAS has improved in it's selection as the braids, dreads, afro on my avatar and black male styles are lovely but there is always room for improvement, and the largest afro is terrible. I hope the devs look at the pictures in this thread and consider them

it's OK now that happened in 2015 that conversation is over
  • Options
    mika wrote: »

It OK that conversation happen in 2015 he probably already got reported it's over now
  • Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Understandable. I'm half white so I lucked out and got my father's hair. lol

wow you said lucked out, how insulting
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    340000453 wrote: »
    And do you guys know if Ea actually look at these?

Yes they come to ideas corner.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd love to have more curly hair and diversity as well in the hair department. I had put a few CC's of hair into my game. They definitely don't give you much hair to choose from.

The long curly wavy hair your avie has is what we need for black female sims. I wish EA would add it to the game.
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    @SimGuruSarah
    @SimGuruDrake
    @SimGuruNinja

read throughout this thread and recite it to your team, that there are many people who need and/or want ETHNIC hair.

especially those of Afriamerican heritage.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ I hear ya. We're always looking to add more content that allows for more variety.
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

go to tumblr and then ebonix, she has lairs. also baby hairs (little wispies to add to styles not for babies). I love them!
  • Options
    HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2017
    @SimGuruNinja
    Hairstyles I'd really like to see added... r. r sorry had to @ you since you showed up.
    22-cute-curly-and-natural-short-hairstyles-for-black-women4.jpg

new-hairstyles-2016-for-black-women-28_20.jpg

2016-black-braid-hairstyles-38_4.jpg

00acbc6e8a91776da3e092b175b8c48c.jpg

classy-short-braided-hairstyles-for-black-women-braids-for-short-natural-hair-short-braid-hairstyles-for-black-hair.jpg

Short-Braid-Hairstyles-For-Black-Women.jpg

medium-afro-curls-2016.jpg

• Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Anyone have a chance to check out the Parenthood pack? What do y'all think of the hairs? Obviously, there's still tons of content for us to explore in the future, but I'm curious your thoughts on the new hair.
  • Options
    SoulstarsimSoulstarsim Posts: 44 Member
    I think the new hair is adorable & well done! Looking forward to more options for toddlers and more curly options in general.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Anyone have a chance to check out the Parenthood pack? What do y'all think of the hairs? Obviously, there's still tons of content for us to explore in the future, but I'm curious your thoughts on the new hair.

@SimGuruNinja Whoever created the kids hair with the braids and also the curly toddler hair for the rest of the sims thank them for me especially the kids hair omg yes I love love love love it 5 stars.
  • Options
    jen_evolvedjen_evolved Posts: 2 New Member
    Please, please, please EA put more styles for black hair in game. My nieces love your game but strugle to reperesent themselves accurately due to the limitations on hair
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Just wanted to say I love the curly hair you put in the game with the 18th-anniversary patch.There are so many good ideas that were given on this thread!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    We need ''Nouk'' from TS2 back :(
    23rif7.gif