Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Turjan

thanks, I will have to rewatch the film to freshen up
    my mind. Luckily its on Netflix.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 That sounds like a fun story. You family looks great and the house looks very modern. Look forward to the story.

@king_of_simcity7 I barely remember my own name some days. :flushed:
    That is a great picture of Jennifer.

@Turjan I'll definitely remember to save before doing the potion!
    I forgot to tell you those little cots the babies are in are from ATS. She has several styles, and they are taken from the mat that came with the toy store.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan I was worried that I had neglected her with a lot of new Sims taking my attention but all of my favorite pictures are of her. Tammy is the only Sim who has ever come as close!

I think that the last time that Jennifer appeared in a story was when I had this picture. You can see her in the Burgundy top:

72141634_10156645532556497_5805177178521862144_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=sOv2GNLZDsUAX-4IEX4&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=80eea08fd8612964ca9dd64b5e165d5d&oe=5EBE7333
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

The next few days go by in a rush as they develop a routine of taking care of the babies and getting their work and projects completed. One of the nights was disturbed with a burglary rather than babies crying. Dedric was reviewing his notes on the testing he is doing on samples gathered from the underground rooms. He is brave and stopped the burglar before he got too far into the house. After the fight the burglar took off running, and Dedric decided not to pursue him. Considering the thrashing Dedric gave him, it is doubtful he would return. Alice and Adam both made it downstairs to witness the end of the fight and congratulated Dedric on his technique. They had debated getting a security system when the property was purchased as it doesn't fit in with the style of the house. Alice wins that debate now when she mentions the one thing they all desire to protect...their precious children.
    49544809373_e5c503ea7a_o.jpg

The young adults are learning all about parenthood, babies and how fast time flies. Fillion seems to get hungry quite a bit during the night and since Wisteria is breast feeding she gets that duty. Dedric takes over in the mornings and wraps Fillion up warmly and they go out to the greenhouse together. Dad works on the plants, and Mom gets a bit more sleep. Drew seems to be a night owl and demands company. Since Jennifer is working now, Marshall happily takes on that task. Jennifer enjoys quality time with her son when she returns from work. Alice loves bathing her little Kailena who laughs and splashes and plays happily in the water.
    49545537237_1c06829bca_o.jpg
    49543245372_3b5ff260b2_o.jpg
    49544809263_7b21ef2b26_o.jpg
    49575124787_e9f389b17a_o.jpg
    49569278098_98cde99007_o.jpg

Adam is a great Dad and loves being with his daughter. He is also an excellent husband. When he realizes Alice has not left the house for several days, he insists she take a day off. He will watch Kailena, and the others will take care of their boys. Because Alice was willing and home the others had been leaving the babies with her if they had to go to town. Usually, at least one person is available to help out, but sometimes she had all three babies on her own. Adam takes one of the baskets down to the underground rooms and places Kailena in the basket so she is facing him. He reads aloud to her from the current book that he is studying. It is a record of meetings held by the leaders of the original fortress. They were devising a set of rules and regulations to help govern the area. More and more people were arriving and were looking to the fortress to protect them and their families. A larger community caused other problems as well. Theft was becoming a problem, and they lacked a penal system to deter thieves and other crimes against each other. Adam finds it fascinating how they worked together to set up the rules to govern the growing community as well as protect each other.
    49570004717_aeb70410a0_o.jpg
    49569276763_51a32ac41d_o.jpg

Alice finds the keys to Adam's car and takes off for her day. The sky is bright blue and the weather is perfect and the day beckons her. She wants to take some photos for her portfolio and travels to some of the ruins and sites listed in the Dragon Valley guidebook. She actually crawled under an overgrown bush at one site looking for a tunnel like the one Adam found on their property. No tunnel, but a few creepy crawlies clung to her hair after she crawled out. Good thing they don't bother her. She stands on top of Nobles Hill and looks out over the town. It is such a beautiful valley. She took many pictures as she made her way around the valley and thoroughly enjoying herself.
    49570003127_a20b89b4ac_o.jpg
    49569274808_85af2f0a3d_o.jpg
    49570002522_8478f22ffc_o.jpg
    49570002232_1b4a081d88_o.jpg

Alice stops at this beautiful building and texts Wisteria and Jennifer to join her. This is the local spa and she wants her friends to have a spa afternoon and they decide to splurge on the volcanic clay baths. The baths and relaxation and friendship do wonders for the stress the new Moms have been feeling.
    49569774636_5a5695de95_o.jpg
    49569273803_01916aaefa_o.jpg

Adam shows Kailena the dragon nest room and tells her that perhaps someday she can have her very own dragon to play with. She coos and gurgles and waves her hands in excitement as if she understood exactly what he told her.
    49570001242_7a72e87d32_o.jpg

Adam, Dedric and Marshall talk in the courtyard and they decide to join their ladies for dinner in town. They agree to meet at Hogan's Diner, which has an excellent reputation for good hearty meals. The guys complement the ladies on how relaxed they seem after the spa visit. They enjoy their meals, and the babies were remarkably good while they ate.
    The sun is sinking in the sky, and the evening light is flickering through the trees as they chat outside the diner. It is the beginning of a beautiful night. They are not ready for the evening to end, so they walk up the street chatting and nodding to others who had the same idea. They love their new hometown and are enriched by the friendliness they see on the faces of the townspeople.
    49569273328_bc9f2882b0_o.jpg
    49570001012_b26aa6dcb6_o.jpg
    49569773511_034e612d38_o.jpg
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited February 2020
    @bekkasan Ah, thanks, I'll look there for the cots. There's lots of nice stuff on that site.

Here's the local barrista:
    v4kQQZC.jpg
    And, last not least, two mixologists:
    KMDxMHH.jpg
    tTdZiWB.jpg

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    Wish me luck.Launching my save on my new laptop even with my graphics card not recognized.Its annoying cause my settings keep getting reset

If you mean the settings in options are being reset have a look at this thread. It has the answer. Basically, when Windows 10 updates sometimes it updates your graphics drivers, or your drivers might update for other reasons. When this happens your graphics all get set back to default values. The way around that is to keep a backup of your Options.ini file and fix the one little number that changes to let your computer know it has new graphics drivers. Just copy that new number from the new version in your Sims 3 file to your backed up version and then put the backup into your Sims 3 folder and all should be good.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931477/options-ini-file-keeps-resetting-to-default-values

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    @bekkasan enjoy your day off - I suppose it's over by now though. I just got up as it's 6:46 am here now.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @bekkasan Your post hit when I was writing. Those are all great pics, and these three are just perfect:
    49545537237_1c06829bca_o.jpg
    49569773511_034e612d38_o.jpg
    Such nice colors, and such a big happy household :smile: .
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The twins will be teenagers in just over 24 hours! Here's a family photo!
    Mom and Dad at the back, Maeve holding Hunter, Gillian next to Maeve, with Liam in the front, kissing Kiera on her forehead <3

49581386841_05568cbb1e_o.jpg

bold: the twins
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Shadow_Assassin It could just be where the tattoo is in general. The site might consider that too adult to be shown.

@Turjan That usually happens with smaller lots/rooms. I usually have to mess around with scrolling the mouse will until I can find an angle that I like for taking pictures. I also hate taking pictures in places like boat houses or the third floors of houses because the camera just zooms everywhere and it's almost impossible to get a good angle for a shot.

@bekkasan I think the move will go pretty smoothly for the most part. I'm just dreading having to help move all of the heavy stuff.
    I should probably see if the consignment shop in the town I'm playing in has a gem cutter. If it's just one or two sims waking up, I wouldn't mind. But when you have a house full of 8 sims and they all wake up to complain at the noise and then block each other's paths, that's when it gets too annoying! :lol:

Dedric definitely had it under control with that burglar.
    Babies are definitely a handful, but the adults must be running all over the place with three of them. All of the pictures are amazing and bright! :love:

@Turjan Beards are pretty limited in the game and it's hard to find good CC ones. I like his red beard better than the one he had before. :)
    The other sims are really nice looking too! You're lucky not to have any generic pancake faces.

@HillyBeth Gorgeous looking family!
  • Options
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    @Shadow_Assassin It could just be where the tattoo is in general. The site might consider that too adult to be shown.

@Turjan That usually happens with smaller lots/rooms. I usually have to mess around with scrolling the mouse will until I can find an angle that I like for taking pictures. I also hate taking pictures in places like boat houses or the third floors of houses because the camera just zooms everywhere and it's almost impossible to get a good angle for a shot.

@bekkasan I think the move will go pretty smoothly for the most part. I'm just dreading having to help move all of the heavy stuff.
    I should probably see if the consignment shop in the town I'm playing in has a gem cutter. If it's just one or two sims waking up, I wouldn't mind. But when you have a house full of 8 sims and they all wake up to complain at the noise and then block each other's paths, that's when it gets too annoying! :lol:

Dedric definitely had it under control with that burglar.
    Babies are definitely a handful, but the adults must be running all over the place with three of them. All of the pictures are amazing and bright! :love:

@Turjan Beards are pretty limited in the game and it's hard to find good CC ones. I like his red beard better than the one he had before. :)
    The other sims are really nice looking too! You're lucky not to have any generic pancake faces.

@HillyBeth Gorgeous looking family!

Thanks! All five kids have their father's green eyes. That genetic pass-down has never happened to me where all children have one parents' eye color. Maybe one of their many future grandchildren will inherit grandma Lily's blue eyes.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    My new laptop may have to go back to where I got it.I keep getting "Can not start game.0 Device no recognized video card found."
  • Options
    My new laptop may have to go back to where I got it.I keep getting "Can not start game.0 Device no recognized video card found."

That's sad. I hope they can get it working for you.
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    Not much happened in my games.
    In my main game (I don't want to post spoilers for my story), I upgraded Claire's Riverview home and let her adopt the world's cutest kitten. Wasn't even planning on a cat, but seriously saw that little fluff ball and had to adopt her.
    In my side game, I started with the Bayless family and am skilling Chase up. Debating on what to make her when she's grown up.
  • Options
    I'm back on my old laptop for now.

Screenshot-39.jpg
    The group arrived in Redcliffe about a week later, among their travels, they stumbled
    upon one of Edward's favorite hiding spot he played in as a child.
    Edward: The hidden garden, I grew up here.Come see it Eleana.
    She was a little hesitant, she hated hidden or forbidden places, but trusted him.

Screenshot-41.jpg
    They found a camp on the outskirts of town that seemed well kept,
    but nobody was around.Edward figured it would be okay to use this as their
    "home away from home" Until they could get to Redlcliffe Castle.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Roi:Don't mind me, I'm just making a mess.XD

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Alistair decided to liven up the camp with some music.And Maiden
    tapped her hoof to the beat.
    Maiden: That's it...human keep playing....That's a catchy tune.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Eleana: Why do you look like your up to something?
    Edward said nothing, but took Eleana by the hands and pulled her
    into the tent...

Screenshot-51.jpg
    That night, Eleana couldn't sleep, so she went to sit by the fire.
    Fellow grey warden, Alistair was up as well.
    Alistairs: Nightmares huh?
    Eleana: Yeah, they going to happen a lot?
    Alistair: Yeah, but you'll get used to them...Duncan
    called it sensing the darkspawn..

Screenshot-52.jpg
    Alistair: I'll always be thankful for Duncan...if he hadn't....If he were.
    Eleana: I'm sorry,this must be hard for you.
    Alistair: It is.I just realized...I have nothing to remember him by...not
    even a small token...He was like a father to me..
    Eleana: You have your memories...
    Alistair: True...but still, it would have been nice to have something to hold on to.

Screenshot-53.jpg
    Edward stepped outside to see where Eleana was.
    Edward: There you are, I was wondering where you went.

Screenshot-55.jpg
    Eleana: I was having nightmares...so I decided to sit by the fire,
    Alistair was up as well.
    Edward:You okay? What kind of nightmares?
    Eleana: I'm okay...I don't know...strange nightmares..
    Edward: Its okay, I'm here.Why don't we go back to sleep.

Screenshot-56.jpg
    Edward stepped back inside the tent...
    Edward: Eleana, are you coming?
    Eleana: Yes, I'm coming....good night Alistair.
    Alistair: Good night, Queen Eleana.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It's now 2:30am real time and I just quit my game 20 minutes ago. Liam and Gillian, the Delaney twins, have become teenagers!!!
    49582730561_40a5f6816d_o.jpg
    49582234188_5a54e6e5da_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    @bekkasan

They take such good care of the babies, they keep them all busy for sure.
    How thoughtful of Adam to take over so Alice can get some time to herself.
    Dedric is a great husband and so is Marshall.

@Turjan

Those look like interesting sims, I like the last one.

@LunBeauty

Any new update from you soon?

@HillyBeth

Great update

@GraceyManor

You did great with Alistair there.

• Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited February 2020
    Although he's burn eyes at first glance, he's unexpectedly cute when looking for a long time???
    3tZgFH.jpg
    3temnK.jpg
    3te39A.jpg
    3teZX6.jpg
    3teh4J.jpg

See who I found!
    Don't ask me why he dressing business suit with ripped jeans and headband
    3tKpvR.jpg

They finally met
    3tKKKI.jpg
    3tKnxA.jpg
    3tKm2d.jpg

Same expression, although he is not as cute as Vali, he is more seductive(?)
    3tQNBq.jpg

Two hardcore handsome guy
    3tQsgJ.jpg
    3tQr34.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A rare chance to see the beautiful Jennifer and Tammy posing together :smile: This will be part of a new picture series from me

87455269_10157004089316497_8117540588041011200_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=TGj67VoCw0UAX9LGLwI&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=99bd455a3c721678b23ef265302dcc3b&oe=5EECE712

87379696_10157004089341497_5095906622857805824_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=rZnxB_8EeNcAX9etwgf&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=71ccae4b7b4459abb2b7cce1aea1cd87&oe=5EC18921

Note the pony tails!

87499440_10157004089571497_4788946199270916096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=2upXx0aCdVoAX91nZDB&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=0a426398c1d4804f3fa5a35fdd88196a&oe=5EBE9675
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I'm busy setting up my " Teen witch" save,
    but here are a few small images from it.

WYMwOVl.jpg

Jodies room

5UONWUH.jpg

The most popular girl at school, the mean girl
    Alisson and her mother.

8hFGNoG.jpg

The most popular guy in school Derek ( in a relationship
    with Alison but he later falls for Jodie cause of her witch powers at first),

All for now
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hey friends. It was a super busy day yesterday... :persevere: Didn't have much time for the thread as I was spending what little free time I had on writing my story. :mrgreen: It's coming along well and I can't wait to share it!

I have a telephone date with Microsoft today at 11. :blush: I know, I'm really moving up in the world. :smirk: j/k :lol: Seriously though, I presented the terrible '1903 update vs The Sims 3 game' case with them and they've been helping me find solutions. None of them have worked (yet) mind you (they're bumping me up to higher tech support), but I'm getting the word out about it and that's all that matters. :star:

Comments:

@Turjan
    emorrill Looks as if Harvey got lucky when it comes to aging to elder. He doesn't really change that drastically and looks like a friendly elder man. When I looked at Marcus as an elder, the result was less encouraging. I guess that's one of the reasons for the Age Freeze potion :wink: .
    ^Ha ha, right!? :lol:
    Harvey really DID age well! :smiley: I was quite surprised too!
    Nice beard that comic book store cashier has. :lol: What are those called again? The derpy look make me chuckle too.
    ----
    Hey you took the righteous beard away. Actually...good. :joy:
    I see you liked the same exact photos I did in bekkasan's update. ;)
    I don't think I like any of the longer beards that came with the game. This specific one reminds me of the Bay Area in the 2000's. There were quite a few edgy teenagers and twenty-somethings running around with such a beard.
    ^ LOL! :joy: Omgosh...SO true!

@LunBeauty Yeah, it had to be the UHD skin. My computer could handle it, but I don't want those nasty wrinkles! :grimace: My sims don't have any problem rendering with the HD+ skin. :)
    So what's going on in your game? Haven't seen a post from you in a few days. :kissing_heart: I totally understand how distracting life can get. I hope everything is well with you.

@Silverofdreams30
    No worries hehe,
    I do not comment on everything here and give awesome as well only.
    Thank you.
    {{{{Hugs}}}} <3
    You're welcome. :)
    ----
    Your "Teen Witch" family is lovely. :) Nice house they have!

@king_of_simcity7 If I was reading your previous story as regularly as I was - forgive me for being unable to read as regularly now - I could totally remember all those ladies names. I think I see Megan and Tammy. Yeah, I know who Tammy is. :) I've just always been so horrible at remembering people's names it's not even funny. :(
    ----
    You like ponytails on ladies huh? ;)

@bekkasan I'll bet you have the normal KB skin that's not HD+ or UHD 4k. Which is good. :) We no want nasty, plastic looking elder wrinkles! :lol:
    Thanks for all the lovely comments on my story. You made me smile and laugh as I read them.
    ^ :blush: You're welcome.
    Oh mylanta, totally! Sims are not familiar with the saying, "let a sleeping baby lie!" :grimace: Drives me nuts!
    YIKES! :flushed: That kidnapping would've scared me too!
    I hit debug reset on her so fast and had Wisteria pick him up and take him home, and then locked the door to all but her and Dedric. lol
    ^Good, quick thinking and Lol I probably would've done the same! :lol:
    Ohhhh so Marshall has been writing werewolf novels all this time? Gotcha. :)
    ----
    Here's what I was thinking when I read your new story post yesterday. ;)
    I LOVE that Dedric owned that Burglar! :star: He's honestly the last one I would've expected to do it. :lol:
    They had debated getting a security system when the property was purchased as it doesn't fit in with the style of the house. Alice wins that debate now when she mentions the one thing they all desire to protect...their precious children.
    ^Amen to that Alice! :star:
    I love how you show that being a married couple is a team effort, that requires selflessness, and that both parents share the duties of caring for their children. That's the way it's supposed to be. <3
    Baby Yoda! :smiley:
    Marshall holding drew while shirtless! :love: There's nothing sexier!
    nothing-sexier.gif
    <3<3<3
    Adam is a keeper. <3 All your guys are!
    OMGosh I LOVE this picture so so much!!! <3
    Gorgeous scenery pics of Dragon Valley. :star: Do you have a lighting mod in?
    I'm sure Kailena would love to have her very own pet Dragon. :blush:
    I need a day at the spa...
    I like that picture at the end of them standing in the light of the setting sun. :) Lovely update!

@HillyBeth Lovely family photo. :)

@GraceyManor Enjoyed your newest story update. :) I must admit Praaven really is one heck of a gorgeous world! Even without a lighting mod.
    I will also admit that Alistair looks rather charming standing there with no shirt on and revealing such a lovely hairy chest. :love: But...he better not be getting any ideas about making a pass at Eleana. :neutral:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Haven't been playing recently as my laptop's HP support assistant needed updates
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    @emorrill

thank you, lots of work yet until I can start that save.
    But will share bits and pieces up to the start.
  • Options
    I'm busy setting up my " Teen witch" save,
    but here are a few small images from it.

WYMwOVl.jpg

Jodies room

5UONWUH.jpg

The most popular girl at school, the mean girl
    Alisson and her mother.

8hFGNoG.jpg

The most popular guy in school Derek ( in a relationship
    with Alison but he later falls for Jodie cause of her witch powers at first),

All for now

I've actually seen the movie Teen Witch. Loved it growing up!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @emorrill
    Praaven is very beautiful.I'm actually using multiple worlds for this story.
    Praaven is the main one, the capital.Then I had Lothering(The Shire), Now its Redcliffe(Moon Valley by Elle)
    And then a few empty worlds made for photos as the wilds.
    I know right? Alistair's hairy chest.XD I hope not either, but if he does, let's hope she isn't foolish enough to fall for it.
    Edit to add: I have a lighting mod in my game, I believe it is by brntwaffles.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top