Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,377 Member
    Well that was easy. Here’s the first one. There’s a lot.

https://youtu.be/Dc-3w2reWNI?si=McTQnHtDbVoIOr-X
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    Alrighty my friends! I am here! :grin:

Sorry, I was away from the thread longer than I planned to be. :grimace: Since I finished reading my Stardew Valley Fanfic I went ahead and started reading my Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Fanfic story again and oh my goodness y'all it's been so nostalgic I've been LOVING it and haven't been able to "put it down!" ;)<3**Who remembers when I was regularly posting that story?** :blush: Good times...

Anyway, I'm not sure how Aizen's picture in my signature has become so large and stretched, but...Oh well. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It won't matter for that much longer anyway... Sigh. :pensive:

A big Thank You to those of you who participated in sharing with me who you think are the 6 most well known celebrity sims in the Sims 3 game. :mrgreen: I very much appreciate your input and have written the names down. 📝

Now to bring my idea to fruition...I'm still figuring that out. I want it to be something fun. :) So stay tuned.

@Karritz
    I adore Christopher Steel. <3<3 So he is indeed, in my mind, one of the 6! :star:
    I almost forgot about Gobias. :lol: 👏🏻
    Ohhh yeah, Salty Seaworth. 👍🏻 Your tutorial videos for the fixing the scale colors were SO helpful to me in the past! Thank you! :star:
    Shark Racket! :lol: I'm not terribly of fan of his because of how I made him in my Holland Family story :p but he is a good mention.
    Bonehilda! :joy: Nice one. 👍🏻

@Silverofdreams30 Oh yes, Matthew Hamming and Thornton Wolff are total Sims 3 celebs! :star:

@lizzielilyy Wonderful celeb shout outs as well. 👏🏻 You especially get brownie points for mentioning Liam O'Dourke. <3 He holds a very special place in my heart as well. 🥰 Not due to the sims 3 website, but due to my Quantum Leap fanfic story. ;)

@MiataPlay Awesome celeb shout outs from Midnight Hollow. 👏🏻 And I almost forgot about DeAndre Wolf. :lol: 👍🏻

@Turjan I 100% agree with your sim celeb shout outs from SV and Bridgeport. :star:
    Tay Bayless! :joy: Yasssss! He is quite unforgetable.

Oh my goodness about your mom! :open_mouth: I am so very sorry to hear that. :cry: Bless her. But I'm glad the neighbors noticed something wasn't looking right and called for help! That's a great community right there. <3 How is your mom doing now? Any better? Will she be able to return home soon? Sorry for all the questions, I just want you to know that my heart goes out to you both. 💜

@Sprottenham Oh man that Simlish Celtic Punk was great! :smiley: 👍🏻

@ZeeGee Thank you for your Sims celeb shout outs for Sunset Valley. :blush: Noted. 👍🏻
    I would consider Agnes being separate from the Goth household. :)
    Lady, can you BELIEVE the weather this Spring?? :grimace: It needs to calm down already! I swear we have severe weather once every week lately it seems. Sigh... :persevere: I guess it's the price we pay for all this beauty huh? :p
    Thank you for sharing that video for the different codes with the corresponding effects of the fog emitter! Very much appreciated. :star: I gotta Bookmark that. 👍🏻
    Someday soon I hope to be able to tell another Sims 3 story - be it here or on my Blog.
    <3

That's it from me for now everyone. Hope y'all have a great weekend. 💜
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,377 Member
    @emorrill The weather is INSANE! We had flooding yesterday (no damage just waterfalls and rocks being moved) due to all the rain. It is beautiful though. And I very much enjoyed a long day of sitting by the window with my laptop simming and listening to the rain.

So I didn't think about including other towns in my top 6 sims and only pulled from Sunset Valley! But I'll leave my list alone cause those are the ones I would most like to see in one of your stories. :) And I would love to get time to go back and read your Quantum Leap fanfic again. I was there for those days and they were the best. Except the waiting part... I do remember the impatient waiting for the next chapter. :lol:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Well that was easy. Here’s the first one. There’s a lot.

https://youtu.be/Dc-3w2reWNI?si=McTQnHtDbVoIOr-X

@ZeeGee Thanks for the link. I'd forgotten about @SimEve . I remember going through a lot of their work years ago. I've been thinking I might start a new game and place lots of fog emitters I think might work and see what happens. I've got a shorter list divided up into fog emitters that stay permanently, and others that just do their thing once and it's over. At the moment I'm not quite sure of the effect I'm looking for. I want something magical that'll cover the transformation from cat to human sim. I've made the first two human sims that get converted and the result was less than successful. There will be a few more generation of witches in the McFluff story before they finally work out how to do it. :) Not work out how to get a fog emitter, but rather how to make a cat become a human that looks like a human. :)
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,155 Member
    Omg! :o I didn't know you could change cats into sims...and witches of all things! Wicked and delicious. 😋
  • Options
    edited April 28
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    Omg! :o I didn't know you could change cats into sims...and witches of all things! Wicked and delicious. 😋

You can't. I've been planning this for years. I have the cats. Now my witches have to try to find a way to do it. I will need fog emitters plus some very special skins made by @Moonskin93 .

This is my main witch, Old Gertie. She started it all and has now got 15 cats.

GertieInChina002.jpg

Gertie.jpg

The story goes that she accidentally turned 15 of her least favourite friends into cats. And then realised, too late, that she didn't know how to turn them back into humans.

So, the story goes ---- she can't work out how to do it. It will be a generational thing. Hopefully, eventually, someone will work out how to do it. And we'll have lots of fun on the way. I do tend to do some rather odd things with my sims sometimes. :)

One possible result of them trying to turn cats back into humans.

Mc-Fluff006.jpg

I just hope the cats live long enough. Maybe she'll need to try to find a potion to keep cats young. I'm wondering how it will all turn out in the end.

Happy Simming

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,891 Member
    Hi everyone! Here's this week's updates to the Evergreen Legacy.

Generation VI Chapter Ten: New Additions

Persephone shares her news with Cosmo and Kressida, leading to some puzzle pieces fitting together unexpectedly. As Nightfall gives birth to Ricochet's foal, Persephone finally learns who will be the one to break the curse.

EG-6-10-8.jpg

Generation VI Chapter Eleven: The People's Princess

The arrival of Persephone and Cosmo's first child brings about a cryptic encounter with a unicorn. It appears Persephone's destiny is only just beginning.

EG-6-11-7.jpg

Generation VI Chapter Twelve Part I: A Show of Force

An Evergreen family reunion takes place as Persephone's siblings turn out in their large numbers to support her in a showcase for the Council.

EG-6-12i-7.jpg

It's my birthday on Friday and to think last year I celebrated by releasing the first chapter of Generation II and now we've come this far! I wonder if I'll have finished the whole thing by my next birthday...
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @ZeeGee
    emorrill The weather is INSANE! We had flooding yesterday (no damage just waterfalls and rocks being moved) due to all the rain.

^For real! And it looks like y'all (and us later tonight...) are going to get some very severe thunderstorms that could cause even more flooding... :disappointed: And the night storms are what scare me the most. 😰 🙏🏻 I'm so over the Spring weather already.....
    It is beautiful though. And I very much enjoyed a long day of sitting by the window with my laptop simming and listening to the rain.
    ^Indeed. 🌿🌳 And oh my that sounds lovely. <3 I keep telling husband I wish we had an enclosed porch so we could dine, chill, or read out on it when there's a steady rain going on. And to look out over our beautiful foresty backyard towards the creek. :blush:

I wanted to share with you (and the rest of y'all :blush: ) some of my favorite pictures from Sam and Emma Beckett's wedding. <3 I just finished reading their story last night and... *blissful sigh* 🥰 I love them SO much!!! And I've missed them.

(If the pictures come out HUGE, I dunno why so... 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sorry.)

47959295237_515d91b682_c.jpg

47959335736_ec2166e0ab_c.jpg

#3 Absolute FAVE! :star:
    47959305418_e42f569a9c_c.jpg

47959336606_4ee7b3f19b_c.jpg

47959333461_7031fc5504_c.jpg

47959294232_94e4655a77_c.jpg

47959303848_c22a4c83a2_c.jpg

47959304233_d9e1686bda_c.jpg

47959294037_0f1a144cd6_c.jpg

47959332891_fa65d786e9_c.jpg
    ^Al in the shadows! :joy: 💙

I love knowing that even though Doctor Sam Beckett "never made it home..." He ended up having a very happy ending in another world. 💖Still leaping around and doing the good that he always did. :blush: 👍🏻 #QuantumLeap1988-1994

***If you're interested in reading the full story, it's all over here on my Blog. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 28
    @emorrill Beautiful wedding pictures <3
    I love weddings they take alot of time to set up.
    I'm about to have one in-game soon. My girl has to settle down. She's such a free spirit and she needs a little taming( structure and love!) :)
  • Options
    edited April 28
    Isn't that AI Fun though :D
  • Options
    Sipping Bergmot tea...sorry for the edits :D
  • Options
    @MiataPlay Thank you :blush: It was a labor of love for sure! And setting up the entire wedding scene...oh my gosh that was difficult!! :grimace: But so worth it! 😅

If you're curious how it all turned out, check it out here. ;)

Here's one of my favorite pics from the wedding ceremony. <3

47852840431_a804cc5112_c.jpg

And hey, where are the rest of y'all?? 😜 :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Perfect Genetics Generation 2 Episode 20 is now up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/QaBgXBgXiFg

In the beginning of this video Don and his travelling party are still at Carla's place. We see the teens working on various skills and visiting different places around the Mountain Lake world.

Then Don and his grandchildren who are travelling with him move across the street to spend time in the third household he is visiting on this trip to Mountain Lake. We get a quick introduction to the sims living in this new house. The new household is made up of James, Carla's ex-husband, and his plant sim girlfriend Mabel and Mateo, an imaginary friend made real as well as Connie who is Mateo's imaginary friend made real. Finally there is a pair of children who will age up to teen. They are an evil plant sim fairy hybrid named Marigold Flower and her imaginary friend made real, Julia.

This household is a house of romance apparently. James is will his current true love, Mabel. And Mateo and Connie have a romance going on and we discover a budding romance within Don's the group of teens who are travelling with Don.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    @emorrill - I think we're still wrapping our head around the fact that this forum is being sunset.

But a new "sunrise" is just around the corner. I look at it that way - that we will have a new home, just that it will be spotless and un-trod upon until we all come stomping in there making scuff marks and whatnot :mrgreen: trying to make it into hopefully like this forum, "home sweet home..."
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,206 Member
    @emorrill

There are quite alot of sims to choose from
    hehe.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    edited May 1
    I discovered that adding the "on fire" moodlet using nrass does in fact set a sim on fire. I definitely did not use that to kill a sim with fire. No sirree. :innocent:

...Why are you looking at me like that?
    cVVgFyu.jpeg
    w7Wilil.jpeg

Oh, and my sim family finally had their first child, a baby boy. I don't have any screenshots of him, but he was born with a full head of hair due to some CC I downladed. So he takes after his father in the hair color department.

The baby hair CC if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,891 Member
    Hi hi! Today's chapter is where things really start to heat up with the return of a familiar adversary from Generation IV!

Generation VI Chapter Twelve Part II: The Benefactor Part II

The twins are growing fast and it is time for Persephone, Orion, and Cosmo to enter adulthood. A familiar face returns to Evergreen House to confess the truth and push Persephone in the right direction regarding the curse.

EG-6-12II-15.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    emorrill - I think we're still wrapping our head around the fact that this forum is being sunset.
    ^That is true. <3 I'm feeling it too...
    But I appreciate your positive attitude about the new forums. :star: I'm looking forward to the new sunrise as well. :blush: I hope it will be just like the friendly community we have here. 💜 🙏🏻
    Thank you (again) for the sweet comment on my Blog about the Beckett wedding. 🥰

@Silverofdreams30 Oh there are tons of great sims to choose from! :mrgreen:

@lizzielilyy You're burning the midnight oil with the storytelling. :star: Great job! That's what I need to be doing... 😓 I feel like the older I get, the less free time I have...especially in today's world where we are all just trying to stay afloat. :confused:

I've got a picture post coming up soon y'all! :blush: Stay tuned! It was so nice to revisit my game for the past couple of days after it's been almost a month! :open_mouth:

Shameful...
  • Options
    Iopened sims 3 today for the first time in a while, mostly been playing Animal crossing.

This is my recent sim

https://imgur.com/a/z1G9V3v

Alexa wofford
  • Options
    edited May 2
    @Silverofdreams30 Yay for opening up your game for the first time in a while, like me! :lol: 👍🏻 <3
    Alexa is a pretty lady. I like her hairstyle. :)

Alright y'all, here's what happened in my Sims 3 game...two days ago. :p

Since I finished reading my Sam Beckett: Quantum Leap Fanfiction story (for funzies and memories), I couldn't help revisiting one of the old saves from it. (It was the original story save before I did a few separare saves for the wedding in case anything borked out. 👍🏻)

I just had to see the "terrific trio" again. :blush: Sam, Emma, and Al.

You know who I had to check out first. :smirk:

<3 Hey Sam. <3

53693030975_1f5831ab85_c.jpg
    Even after all these years my crush on Scott Bakula is still strong. 🥰 And my creation of him in the Sims is still one of my greatest creations to date! :star:

Anyhoo, I tried to do a zoom up on Emma, but as I attempted to do so I noticed that her nose looked terribly skinny and tiny! :open_mouth: I quickly realized that it was probably due to taking out some nose sliders I once had in the game. I mean, it has been 5 years since I last opened up this save. Can y'all BELIEVE that!?

So I did a quick fix on her nose - she's my Simself for those of y'all who don't know. ;) I don't think she looks exactly like me, but it's all good. :lol: I also gave her a new skin. (I darkened it just a little after these next photos were taken).

But yeah, here she is with Sam. <3

53693030970_b607e55f49_c.jpg

53691706407_de05bd2948_c.jpg

Of course I had to get some smoochie pictures because I love seeing them in love. 🥰

53693030965_2369d8aed1_c.jpg

Favorite! :star:

53691706377_a4d926ea08_c.jpg

This look he's giving her! <3<3 I love him!

53691706372_cc9f724985_c.jpg

Both Sam and Emma's cell phones were ringing off the hook because they are "celebrities" now so I went to silence them. That's when I noticed Sam's phone was broken. :lol: He magically fixed it right there in front of Emma. Lol!

53692588306_7412835b6e_c.jpg

I noticed it was the last day of Summer, so I sent the two to go out for a dip in the pool. :blush: (I think Al was inside watching the cooking channel. :lol: )

Emma be like, "Weeeeee!"

53693030935_008527f495_c.jpg

And Sam be lounging on the pool lounger like, "Ahhhhh. This is the life." <3

53692588301_d7346608e9_c.jpg
    He's so dang smexy. :love:

I forgot about Sam's radioactive bug. :lol: (There was a moment where Emma mentioned it in the story) And it was still alive! :smiley: Here's Sam studying it intently for a moment. I'm not sure exactly what he was thinking. ;)

53691706367_5f14aee813_c.jpg

As I went about playing, I realized that Sam and Emma were not married yet in this Save...

And because I didn't want to go through their epic wedding of the century again :lol: , seriously :flushed: 😅 - as fun as that was - I just had them go through the motions and have a private engagement and wedding. We all know it really happened. :blush:
    Cause see! She already has the ring on! :joy:

53692588296_cbf401edee_c.jpg

The after engagement hug. (I dunno why his nose looks so smashed... :confused::lol: )

53692942349_0f2567b6b3_c.jpg

53692942344_2612476161_c.jpg
    <3

^See, Al is still watching TV. :lol:

Speaking of Al - since I felt like he wasn't getting much love - I sent him off to the graveyard because there were some female ghosts that spawned that I'm sure he would've liked to get to know. ;);) If you know the QL show, you know that Al is quite the womanizer. :smirk:

The ladies there didn't seem too interested, poor Al, so he decided to explore the catacombs. He had an unfortunate mishap in there and returned home looking like this! :joy:

53692942334_833f9d251b_c.jpg

A quick trip to the shower fixed that. 👍🏻 I wish I had gotten a proper picture of him during this playthrough, but I'll have to do that later.

Sam and Emma soundly asleep. 💕

53691706342_05cda0b486_c.jpg
    Seriously, are they not the cutest and most beautiful couple ever? ;):p<3

The next day rang in the Fall season. And MAN did those leaves start to fall! :open_mouth: Sam has too many trees on his property. :lol:

Emma did the raking out front, while Sam tackled the backyard. (Al was sleeping in after that unfortunate mishap, and rejection from the ghost ladies. :lol: )

As I watched Sam rake I was like, "Umm, we're not raking the leaves into the pool Sam!" :p

53693031070_99814f76a8_c.jpg

Lastly, I never fully realized just how gorgeous of a view Sam has of Hidden Springs from his property. I had to take a moment to snap some pictures as he was gazing out towards the hills. <3

53692588281_c2d6c1c118_c.jpg

53692942324_94d25c543c_c.jpg

Well that's it for this episode of emorrill's random gameplay. ;) Hope y'all enjoyed it - and have enjoyed seeing the Trio again. :blush: Until my next post, keep calm and sim on my friends. 💜
  • Options
    @emorrill

such lovely photos, great to see them they look so happy as always.
    I played a little bit, did not edit one thing haha.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member

The hottest music star at the moment is Everly Zephyr, real name Judith Marie Ward. She's more know for her cuteness and stage presence instead of any discernible talent. She moved to Lucky Palms to get away from the craziness of Hollywood, so her first interview after the move took place at her home.

wiSbgWr.jpg

J1S6MqG.jpg

aJAiFrn.jpg

She gave another great performance later that night, criticism be darned!

wSQXhkI.jpg

4XeKxlS.jpg
  • Options
    @MadIris Nice post. Love your sim! :)
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,287 Member
    My sim Raven finished the jack of all trades a while ago I'm just posting it now, it was so fun doing that and now the mayor and married to Erin Kennedy and they have three kids, one girl and two boys.

talking.png

Screenshot-1217.png
    new.png
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 4
    @emorrill Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the comment about the Simlish Celtic Punk music. ;)

That track wasn't really something I intented to make as I was aiming for an instrumental that could be used for another song.. Of course, since my own musical skill is... very low and I can't sing convincingly with a female voice no matter how hard I try, all these tracks are made using AI, and the AI sometimes does it's own thing and not what I want. ;) Basically I had given it prompts to generate instrumental sections and not put any lyrics for it to sing in there, but it wanted lyrics anyway, so it made up this gibberish stuff which I thought could pass for Simlish, so... :P

Those are some nice wedding pictures too. Tried enhancing them with AI? That can sometimes give some nice results. :P (Yeah, I'm on it with the AI again, but they are some fascinating tools.. <_< >_>)

@MadIris Cool, another Sim artist. ;) Stage presence is important, and whatever talent she lacks can surely be worked on.. :P Not the worst starting point for a promising career in music... :P

----

Ah well, there is no update from me still.. I guess I'm on a break now. I want to continue, but I know that if I open my game again I'm gonna have to take screenshots and write an update.. and I suppose I'm feeling some kind of "story telling burnout" that just prevents me from doing that...

Playing Sim City is still more relaxing and generating AI music is still more fun, and I'm a sim, simple person... I gravitate towards what fills up my fun motive the most.. but I hope to find my motivation to continue again some day... >_>

I bought the Woirld Adventures pack a while ago when it was on sale, but haven't even opened it yet. Not sure how I'm gonna make use of that for my story, but I'll probably find some way. Adventurous honey moon for someone getting married, maybe...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top