Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    BobbiBlue23BobbiBlue23 Posts: 119 Member
    I have just started the 100 Baby Challenge. I can't post the link yet but as soon as I can I will. In the meantime, I'll be happy to read other people's stories.
    Visit the Ambrose Legacy blog here: https://theambroselegacyblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    Nicolette just had baby number 24! Welcome to the Lockwood family, Lindsay. I wonder how many more babies she can have until she becomes an elder in 13 days...
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited August 2015
    Rawla wrote: »
    I keep saying I'll start this with my own twist on things but then RL eats me and I never do. I'm still determined. I'd like to try with one female but also have her grow young again through potions. However, here is where it will be different. She'll be married and she'll have children with that male until he dies of old age. Or he'll turn elder and have an unfortunate 'accident'. Then she'll get married again for the next batch until she reaches 100. If she can't afford a potion and ages up to elder, then I'll use one of her daughters in the house to carry on.

Anyway, that is my wish at least. Now I just have to begin. :)

I like your twist with her having one man for all her kids until he dies.

I keep my matriarch young by feeding people to the cow-plants and drinking their life essence. It's also how she makes money - by moving in men and killing them off. So it's a bit of the black widow (only she doesn't marry them) LOL. And she's been debating having a companion around just to take care of the house work (ok really I do that HAHAHAA) and to be her personal masseuse. Hahahahaa.

Adding twists is what keeps it fun. I can't ever play challenges 100% by the rules. LOL

HAHAHA You are hilarious. I like how you play. "Personal masseuse" :lol:

@Rawla I like the sound of your twist, I'll bookmark your thread now and possibly have a go at it in future :)

Have fun playing with all the babies! :)

RRR24 wrote: »
    Nicolette just had baby number 24! Welcome to the Lockwood family, Lindsay. I wonder how many more babies she can have until she becomes an elder in 13 days...

Wow! You're making great progress.
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Katari15 wrote: »
    I just started doing this challenge a couple days ago and my founding Sim already has 10 children of her own. My mom and I have come up with a new word for her! she's a slitch, a sl*t (because she's had so many kids with so many men) and a b*tch (because she dumps the guys right after she gets pregnant) LOL

A Slitch?! I love it! Hahaha!
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    DinahMoos wrote: »
    Hey these are probably very stupid questions, but I'm kind of stuck.

1. My starting sim (the mom) has had 7 children and I just got the notification about not getting more sims in the house hold. I was wondering if there is really no way of having more kids until they are old enough to move out/ have been aged up?

2. My starting sim has the aspiration Big happy family. She has to have one of her children get married. If her teen daughter gets married (as soon as she is a young adult) will the partner automatically move in, or are the kids of the starting sim not even allowed to get married?

As far as 1 goes, the answer is no. About 2, I've had the same, and I solved it by moving the kid out (a boy in this case) and have him married in his own lot. It doesn't matter if they are not in the same household, it will still count, as the mom-kid relation is stored in the game anyway. I do recommend putting the game options on aging up only the active household, so that mom won't age up further when you are marrying off her kid.
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2015
    Back at this challenge. Baby 50 was born before I went to sleep last night... Half way there!!!
    -
    Haven't had multiples for a while now... considering *cheating* and using a mod that increases the chances but I'm already playing patchily with the rules so I don't know.
  • Options
    Awww, due to some stupid mistake I lost my safe, while my matriarch was pregnant with baby 31. I feel terrible. I will probably start over with the same sim, whom I still had an unplayed version of in my library, but it's a big setback! Pfffff : S
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah That really sucks! :/ Good luck with your new start if you do start over! :D
  • Options
    I've started to notice that none of my matriarch's kids inherit their parents eye colours any more (they used to), and I don't know what is going on. I don't know if it's just due to the chance of random genetics or whether it's to do with mods or CC or something else I'm unaware of. I no longer have any eye colour CC as something similar was happening before and I took it out. Also one of the kid's eye colours changed when he aged up from child to teen. Uh...

It's not too annoying or game breaking, I just like to see them inherit their parents features so every time another of the babies ages up and doesn't have the matriarch's or their father's eye colour I'm like, oh okay :/
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I am finally a member now so I can post a link to my 100 baby challenge. I hope to start soon.
    Post edited by BobbiBlue23 on
  • Options
    AmbieCuddlesAmbieCuddles Posts: 28 New Member
    i did not know there was a 100 baby challenge page (though I did not look) I been doing this challenge and I'm up to baby #66 :smiley: I'm on my 3rd matriarch my first matriarch had 34 kids before she pass the title on to her youngest daughter and she had 27. I don't have a youtube or anything like that but I'm taking photos of each child and placing them on the wall to mark how many I have had and writing all the dad's names down on paper so I can look and see who helped long the way
  • Options
    @BobbiBlue23 I had a read and I'm liking it so far :)
  • Options
    @BobbiBlue23 I had a read and I'm liking it so far :)

Thank you very much. I have never done a challenge like this before and I am hoping to finish it. :)
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah That really sucks! :/ Good luck with your new start if you do start over! :D

I have changed up a few things, and am ready to relaunch. My freshly made matriarch, which I redownloaded from my library, now has another hairstyle and is called Alice instead of Allyson. The bachelor house has been rebuild in a little different manner, and I build an unfurnished matriarch manor mostly based on the house I had. I am going to motherlode myself once to be able to afford this unfurnished house and then work my way up to furnish it. It might be considered cheating, but I lost so much progress having to start all over, that I wanted to get a head start at it. I uploaded both the Bachelor Lane, (empty) Matriarch Manor and Alice Matriarch to the Community library so anyone who wants to check them out can just type my EA ID, which is the same as this username! Any ideas are most welcome!!

• Options
    dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    @Ashleigh825 Would a story progression mod be against the rules? Having one will give no unfair advantage, while enabling the moved out children to marry and have children without rotational play.
    2w35aaa.jpg
  • Options
    dsh wrote: »
    @Ashleigh825 Would a story progression mod be against the rules? Having one will give no unfair advantage, while enabling the moved out children to marry and have children without rotational play.

What kind of mod is that? As far as I can tell it doesn't sound like cheating, but I'm not the author of this challenge....

• Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I've started to notice that none of my matriarch's kids inherit their parents eye colours any more (they used to), and I don't know what is going on. I don't know if it's just due to the chance of random genetics or whether it's to do with mods or CC or something else I'm unaware of. I no longer have any eye colour CC as something similar was happening before and I took it out. Also one of the kid's eye colours changed when he aged up from child to teen. Uh...

It's not too annoying or game breaking, I just like to see them inherit their parents features so every time another of the babies ages up and doesn't have the matriarch's or their father's eye colour I'm like, oh okay :/

I think it's CC related. My kids are the WORST with this issue. They always have the exact same CC brown eyes when they age up - and if I change it in CAS, it will randomly change their eyes if I change their hair or shirt or something... and then when I finally get it right the way I want it, I save and go back in game and BAM, random color eyes again. It's such a pain.
    My entire town is always filled with dark hair and brown eyed sims though, so my game is a hot mess. Idk.

But the kid CAS glitch is annoying. I wonder if it's a certain CC eye set that's messing it up. I'm debating removing all my CC eyes but that will mess up all my existing Sims... SIGH. I just opt to try to change the kids and try to use only the base game eyes for them and then adjust when they are teens.
  • Options
    @Spacey72659
    I removed my CC eyes a while back as I was getting too many issues with eye colours changing or all kids ageing up with the CC eye colour when neither parent used it. But yes, I definitely understand your frustration with the genetics not doing what you want.

Recently they were all ageing up with (not CC) brown eyes even though neither parent has brown eyes. I was resorting to changing them to one of the parent's eye colours myself too. I think I've fixed the issue now as the most recent kid aged up with my matriarch's eye colour but I'll have to keep an eye on things after a few more babies happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Into the 60's now as I've had quite a bit of time to do nothing but play since I returned. Babies 59-61 were triplets and whew, I was glad when they aged up into kids not so long ago. Currently have no room left in the house, I have one teen who has been at a B grade for what feels like forever (I neglected him a bit) and the other three kids have B's (nearly A's) and of course the triplets just aged up so they have C grades, although I already have their motor skill up to level 4 because I had them do a lot of swimming the day they aged up so now I just have to focus on studies. Can't wait to slowly kick everyone out, this is the first time in a while the house has had 8 sims living in it as sims were ageing up quicker than they were being replaced...
  • Options
    First post done!

Here's the link -
    Chapter 1 - My First Baby
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I started playing and my female is pregnant with their first child. xD
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I started playing, had a baby, and then had the worst time getting a second. I think I may have it now, I hope. Does one have to go on a date in order to convince the likely candidate?
  • Options
    No not really. Just get the green bar up like 25% and start flirting untill you get the woohoo option! Other then that I find both the "Incredibly Friendly" and "Beguiling" traits from the rewards store incredibly usefull. With the first you can do a friendly introduction and have a big head start on the green bar, and then I use the 2nd one to "Beguile" the donor which is then in a flirty mood in an instance. Saves a great deal of hassle!
  • Options
    kitkat_37kitkat_37 Posts: 28 New Member
    I'm back from my holiday in Devon and really excited to get back into the 100 baby challenge.

Another quick question: I would really like my eldest son to start dating a girl in another household of mine, but is it against the rules? Does the whole 'not getting married' rule only apply to the matriarchs?
  • Options
    AFAIK as soon as a kid moves out you can do with them whatever you like. I would advice against moving your daughter in law in because the house is full enough as is when you try to get 100 babies!

The rules say only this about marriage:
    • "Your matriarch may not get married while she is of child-bearing age. She may have boyfriends but she cannot become engaged to any of her boyfriends, nor can she move anyone into the house. Once your matriarch is an elder and her youngest daughter has come of age to take over, she may get married but she must move out of the household into her husband's household. She can't move her husband into your household."
    • Outdoor Retreat: "Your matriarch may use Granite Falls as a hunting ground for new fathers for her offspring but the same rules apply. She cannot get pregnant by the same man more than once and she cannot marry or move in anyone."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top