Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    kitkat_37 wrote: »
    When your baby ages up to a child, are you allowed to change your child's outfits (every day, formal etc.) as long as you don't change anything else (aspirations and traits)?

I've been really interested in doing this challenge and changing my Sim's outfits is something I like to do normally, so I was wondering if you can in this challenge.

You can make them look however you want! I like to keep their hair colour the way that it was but you can also change that.:)
  • Options
    kitkat_37kitkat_37 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2015
    Awesome - it was just one of those things you can sometimes be unsure of but thanks. :)
  • Options
    dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    So some quick questions: I'm curious to what you do when the kids are young adults. Do you marry them off or just move them out? Do you continue their storylines through rotational play? How do you deal with the boredom that settles in after some time?

And shameless plugin: my challenge story Charlotte's Children is here!
    2w35aaa.jpg
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    As for the new young adults, I just move them out and form new households with 8 brothers/sisters. Too much sims to keep playing, and not part of the challenge. Most probably I'll delete all of them when i finish. As for the boredom, I just moved my two main households to new empty Newcrest lots (next to the pirate ship so the kids can play for free) and have been building for a bit.
  • Options
    yellowfish85yellowfish85 Posts: 41 Member
    Giving this challenge a go now but going for the alien or hybrid version I think!Have lots of played sims right now so going to revamp oasis springs for the purpose of this challenge. Looking forward to getting stuck in as a first challenge, trying to work out how to keep score :D
    I don't know what I love more.. Star Wars or Sims?
    Abi x
  • Options
    xkatexlauriex26xkatexlauriex26 Posts: 1 New Member
    Have just started this challenge my first matriarch is called Liberty stone so far she has 1 girl 1 boy Lola and Logan can any1 tell me how to use the random trait generator when doing it for teen and then teen to adult I did it for my ageing my baby to a child thank you
  • Options
    emmasims199emmasims199 Posts: 96 Member
    I'm having so much fun with this challenge I don't want it to end! I'm on baby 38 gen 2.
  • Options
    Have just started this challenge my first matriarch is called Liberty stone so far she has 1 girl 1 boy Lola and Logan can any1 tell me how to use the random trait generator when doing it for teen and then teen to adult I did it for my ageing my baby to a child thank you

You have 2 options: The first one is you use the same one again (click) and fill in which trait(s) where previously generated. Or you use the all-in-once generator (click) and write down the traits and info that you can't put into your sim right away, for later reference. I prefer the latter option.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Update on my progress so far. I moved both households from 30x20 lots in Oasis Springs to 40x30 and 50x40 lots in Newcrest. I pretty much made the same houses on both to start out with, tweaked to the new lot size with a bigger garden for the Bachelor House (on the smaller lot of those 2).

My Matriarch also had 3 more kids (all singletons) named Bianca, Bella & Bram, which means she now has 16 kids! 10 of those are boys and 6 girls, 11 of them are young adults that have moved (been kicked) out, 2 are teens (a set of twins), 2 children and 1 baby! She is also pregnant again, which I hope to be triplets or twins. All in 1 generation! Wow, just wow!

Then I also rebuild the Bachelor lot into a street of apartments with a communal garden to make it easier to have some privacy with 1 of them! I'm planning to upload some screenshots of the Bachelor Street soon, and will do that in my topic, so please check the link in my signature!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
  • Options
    RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    how many babies did u all have ur first generation?
  • Options
    I am at 16 and counting, because my Matriarch is currently pregnant with nr 17 (and maybe 18 and 19)!
  • Options
    lialia54lialia54 Posts: 127 Member
    I think I might try this challenge.... But last time I tried it in the Sims 3, I only got up to child number 2, when my game stopped working and I lost my game data.
  • Options
    klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    I haven't played this challenge for a while and my sim is pregnant with the first child. Anyway I have the Sims4 and the Sims3 so I thought I could play this challenge in both of them and see which I finish faster!:)
  • Options
    iggieboyiggieboy Posts: 44 Member
    Thought I'd go for the alien incentive for the first time and got triplets of hybrids just wow that luck XD Also not sure if anyone else has asked this q but if we have the spa day game pack are we allowed to get fertility massages?
    Poppyopy on the gallery
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    > @RRR24 said:
    > how many babies did u all have ur first generation?

My 1st generation had 23 babies, my 2nd had 22, and then 23 for my 3rd generation (for a total of 68 babies, so far). My 3rd matriarch turned elder a couple sim days ago. Her last daughter was part of a set of triplets. 2 girls and 1 boy. She actually had 3 sets of twins and 2 sets of triplets.
  • Options
    emmasims199emmasims199 Posts: 96 Member
    > @RRR24 said:
    > how many babies did u all have ur first generation?

I had about 23 babies in my first generation of this challenge.
  • Options
    Rosebudspick3Rosebudspick3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I learned that if the girl is watching the kids network and reading a children s book while pregnant she will have a better chance of getting twins or triplets am I allowed to do that? :)
  • Options
    kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    I learned that if the girl is watching the kids network and reading a children s book while pregnant she will have a better chance of getting twins or triplets am I allowed to do that? :)

From the rules on page 1:
    "The May 4th 2015 patch introduced the ability to influence the gender of unborn babies. Listening to Alternative music during pregnancy and eating carrots will influence the baby to be a boy. Listening to Pop music and eating strawberries during pregnancy will influence the baby to be a girl. You matriarch may not use any of these methods to influence the gender of her baby. If she is pregnant, she must avoid strawberries, carrots, Alternative and Pop music in order to avoid influencing the gender of her baby in any way."

I didn't realize that what you said was a possibility but with the same aspect of the above rule, I would have to say no...but I guess that would have to be up to Ashleigh and I haven't seen her around here in a while so I can't entirely say.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    An update so far: Our twins Billy & Bob have matured and moved out, and so has Bianca. Bella and Bram are now teenagers and we have 2 more children named Bruce and Britt. Making for 18 kids and the 19th (or more) on the way. 11 are boys and 7 are girls, 14 are adult and have moved out and 2 teens and 2 kids. Screenshots of the revamped buildings (but not yet of the latest improvement of the garden) are in my blogpost!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    Now I wanna do it
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    Peachlover360Peachlover360 Posts: 179 Member
    > @Rosebudspick3 said:
    > I learned that if the girl is watching the kids network and reading a children s book while pregnant she will have a better chance of getting twins or triplets am I allowed to do that? :)

I'm 100% not sure but I guess so. :)
    Sign up your sim for big brother.Go sign up right here.It's now or never.When sign up is all done get the latest news on your sims.
    [url="http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14041057/#]forums.thesims.com/en_US/disscussion/852096/big-brother-sign-up[/url]
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I've been playing this challenge for a few months now in between life/uni things and regular game play saves and I have to say it's really helping me to get better at balancing caring for sims needs with other things, in this case school performance and making money :D

I'm about half-way through now (baby 45 is about to be born), and still on second generation but I really feel like breaking the rule that doesn't allow us to use the potion of youth and continue on to the end of the challenge with my second generation matriarch (I named her Juniper Jr. after her mother). She's so close to becoming an elder and I really don't want to see her go yet :(
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm still in my first generation because I was really silly with the whole moving out thing (I moved my two eldest out but I pre-built the new house; my eldest two couldn't afford it and... yeah XD). I almost forgot moving people gave the Sims household funds of their own so I ended up moving them back in which... evidently broke that rule so I restarted.

1st generation, 7 kids: 2 young adults (moved out), 2 teens, 2 kids and a baby. I have 4 boys and 3 girls: Kieran, Phoenix, Declan, Scarlet, Kori, Branson and a baby whose name I can't remember. :') My matriarch Danielle is half way to becoming an adult, and she has the 'Fertile' reward trait but no twins/triplets yet; still hopeful though, and I'm having a lot of fun with this challenge.
  • Options
    We are now at 20 kids in the first generation, and the 21st on the way. Bruce and Britt turned into teenagers and we added Bernice and Betty to our house, who are now kids. My matriarch is still no elder, so we're keeping on going!
  • Options
    I was actually having trouble finding fathers. I then remembered I had made an entire household full of guys, so I just put them into Newcrest and well, y'know. ^_^

The problem I'm having is that after a while some of the fathers are just, "disappearing". In the Geneology, I see the children, but I only see half of the children's fathers, and the other half just show up with blank faces, and I can't exactly remember all of the father's names. Is anyone having the same problem?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top