March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Runaway Teen Challenge [Updated 03/10/19]

Comments

• BerryxzBerryxz Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey!
    I've wanted to do the Runaway Challenge, too!
    But I have one question: With the Outdoor Reatreat Gamepack there came a tent, so I wondered if we are allowed to buy a tent and sleep in it instead of a bed? It makes more sense to me. :D
  • AurievaAurieva Posts: 83 Member
    Ah, seeing this thread pop up here makes me feel bad about abandoning my poor teen runaway challenge haha. I started with such gusto too! I do still love her, so perhaps I'll play on her lot for a bit tonight :)
    - Auri

My TS4 Teen Runaway Challenge:
    Prologue
    Chapter 1
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Berryxz wrote: »
    Hey!
    I've wanted to do the Runaway Challenge, too!
    But I have one question: With the Outdoor Reatreat Gamepack there came a tent, so I wondered if we are allowed to buy a tent and sleep in it instead of a bed? It makes more sense to me. :D

Definitely! I plan to do the challenge again using the items from outdoor retreat. :smile:
    Aurieva wrote: »
    Ah, seeing this thread pop up here makes me feel bad about abandoning my poor teen runaway challenge haha. I started with such gusto too! I do still love her, so perhaps I'll play on her lot for a bit tonight :)

Keep us updated if you start back up!
  • Angelicbabe09Angelicbabe09 Posts: 19 Member
    I made a lot with the landscaping around the outside with a 10 by 10 lot for my teen. She lives in a tent from Outdoor Retreat. I waited until she earnt money from collecting items before I bought her a cooler and an outdoor shower. She's pretty self sufficient now. She lives in the Goth's neighbourhood so she goes to the park there to use the bathroom. She's friends with the Goth children and Malcolm Landgraab. It's fun but very similar to a legacy challenge in a way.
    I made a lot with the landscaping around the outside with a 10 by 10 lot for my teen. She lives in a tent from Outdoor Retreat. I waited until she earnt money from collecting items before I bought her a cooler and an outdoor shower. She's pretty self sufficient now. She lives in the Goth's neighbourhood so she goes to the park there to use the bathroom. She's friends with the Goth children and Malcolm Landgraab. It's fun but very similar to a legacy challenge in a way.

You chose a good lot. Luckily the game now shows whether someone is a teen or not. Unlike the legacy challenge this one is fairly short depending on you and how far you want to take it. I ended my first play when my girl had gotten married, had a child and a house, and completed her aspiration. I've heard of some going for several generations but I figure if I was going to do that I'd do a legacy. :wink:
  • SimmerLiamSimmerLiam Posts: 9 New Member
    So, if I get enough simoleons can I buy a tent from Outdoor Retreat, or is that breaking the rules? :smile:
  • MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    I restarted this challenge yesterday...I got the tent to put on her 10x10 lot and a fire pit. She now has an outdoor shower, fridge, sink and toilet. She has almost filled up the 3 planter boxes and has 3 trees, along with her cowplant. Just today I got her a desk with a computer, and an easel. I think that, along with the guitar and violin, ought to help her move right along towards making enough money to build a proper house pretty soon. I'm playing on long lifespan because I plan on using her offspring to start my Found Your Town challenge. I'm snapping lots of pics so that I can finally start a blog. This is such fun!! I'm also combining several aspects of the two runaway challenges into one. Makes it a little more challenging in some ways...Thanks for sharing your idea with us. I am no longer bored in my game! :)
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
    SimmerLiam wrote: »
    So, if I get enough simoleons can I buy a tent from Outdoor Retreat, or is that breaking the rules? :smile:

You should get simoleans pretty easy by gathering. Yes you can use the tent and all the new stuff from Outdoor Retreat. Good luck.
    MysticFae wrote: »
    I restarted this challenge yesterday...I got the tent to put on her 10x10 lot and a fire pit. She now has an outdoor shower, fridge, sink and toilet. She has almost filled up the 3 planter boxes and has 3 trees, along with her cowplant. Just today I got her a desk with a computer, and an easel. I think that, along with the guitar and violin, ought to help her move right along towards making enough money to build a proper house pretty soon. I'm playing on long lifespan because I plan on using her offspring to start my Found Your Town challenge. I'm snapping lots of pics so that I can finally start a blog. This is such fun!! I'm also combining several aspects of the two runaway challenges into one. Makes it a little more challenging in some ways...Thanks for sharing your idea with us. I am no longer bored in my game! :)

Sounds like you're doing great!
  • gamergirlgeekfreakgamergirlgeekfreak Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > 8. Each time you travel you subtract $10 simoleans from your funds using the money cheat.
    What if I'm traveling (literally) just across the street? In reality it would be just a few yards from my lot to theirs and would not take public transportation. I'm assuming in circumstances like this I won't have to pay
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > 8. Each time you travel you subtract $10 simoleans from your funds using the money cheat.
    What if I'm traveling (literally) just across the street? In reality it would be just a few yards from my lot to theirs and would not take public transportation. I'm assuming in circumstances like this I won't have to pay

Like to visit a house? Then I'd say no.
  • rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    This challenge looks like fun! I have been watching fancysimmer play this on youtube! Going to try it out myself! Especially with the outdoor retreat game pack having the tents now :)
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > gamergirlgeekfreak wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Like to visit a house? Then I'd say no.
    I've been subtracting $10 each time my sim travels to a different neighbourhood. She lives in the Goth neighbourhood, so if she travels to the park then I take off $10. If she then travels to downtown then that's $10 too. Then another $10 to get home :)

My sim has 5k now and I think I could build her a little house with that. Do I have to stay within the 10x10 restrictions? I have a cowplant and two planter boxes and I don't think I really have enough room for a house with those items.
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > gamergirlgeekfreak wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Like to visit a house? Then I'd say no.
    I've been subtracting $10 each time my sim travels to a different neighbourhood. She lives in the Goth neighbourhood, so if she travels to the park then I take off $10. If she then travels to downtown then that's $10 too. Then another $10 to get home :)

My sim has 5k now and I think I could build her a little house with that. Do I have to stay within the 10x10 restrictions? I have a cowplant and two planter boxes and I don't think I really have enough room for a house with those items.

I left the cowplant in the area ouside of the 10x10. I built the house exactly 10x10 then later added a second floor. Yea subtracting the 10 simoleans gets to be a pain in the butt doesn't it?
  • EvilMonKikiEvilMonKiki Posts: 6 New Member
    This is actually a pretty easy challenge. I only started it yesterday afternoon, I played it off and on for the evening, and she already has a bathroom, livingroom/kitchen combo and a room. I thought it was going to take longer than this. She already has everything she needs and I just keep visiting lots and digging things up and gardening in her garden and selling them. Of course it's a small home and with very few items, but still, I feel like it's going by too quickly. Thanks for the idea, though, was cool to see how you can live in the Sims without having an actual home.
  • BlueSimmer19BlueSimmer19 Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for making this challenge compatible with the Sims 4! I started this challenge the other day, and I'm really enjoying it. I think putting aging on hold helps, because otherwise the teen years go by a bit too fast.
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
    This is actually a pretty easy challenge. I only started it yesterday afternoon, I played it off and on for the evening, and she already has a bathroom, livingroom/kitchen combo and a room. I thought it was going to take longer than this. She already has everything she needs and I just keep visiting lots and digging things up and gardening in her garden and selling them. Of course it's a small home and with very few items, but still, I feel like it's going by too quickly. Thanks for the idea, though, was cool to see how you can live in the Sims without having an actual home.

Wow good job! You work fast. Another simmer made a different version of the challenge that has difficulty levels. I can't remember how long it took me but I know it was pretty quick. It's nice to have a quick one to mix in with the generations ones like legacies.
    Thanks for making this challenge compatible with the Sims 4! I started this challenge the other day, and I'm really enjoying it. I think putting aging on hold helps, because otherwise the teen years go by a bit too fast.

Yea I didn't need to put aging on hold. She had her house and everything by the time she aged up.
  • BlueSimmer19BlueSimmer19 Posts: 71 Member
    @Rainydayz179 I pretty much have a house as well (I mean, it's not fabulously furnished or anything), but I like to turn aging off so that I can really create a story and develop my characters, which is just my preference. Though I do wish that changing that game option didn't change the aging for my other saved games.
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
    @Rainydayz179 I pretty much have a house as well (I mean, it's not fabulously furnished or anything), but I like to turn aging off so that I can really create a story and develop my characters, which is just my preference. Though I do wish that changing that game option didn't change the aging for my other saved games.

I've only turned off aging for one challenge so far. It felt weird not checking to see how long she had till aging up.
    One thing that I find to be a massive pain is that random older sims come up to my sim and talk to her. I cancel it out and move areas - but it's frustrating that you can't stop other people joining your conversations in the sims 4. It's especially annoying when you're on a date!
    One thing that I find to be a massive pain is that random older sims come up to my sim and talk to her. I cancel it out and move areas - but it's frustrating that you can't stop other people joining your conversations in the sims 4. It's especially annoying when you're on a date!

Yes! I hate that so much. Everyone is too friendly. It's like you finally find a teen to talk to and up comes a bunch of adults to join the conversation. You can't use your phone at first either so you can't call them to your lot. What happened with me was the teen I met just kept showing up at the lot. Like more than once a day. That's the one she married.
  • simmer005simmer005 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Do I have to download something ? Cause on youtube channels when they travel it says runaway teen challenge and mine doesn't say that @Rainydayz17
    Post edited by simmer005 on
    simmer005 wrote: »
    Do I have to download something ? Cause on youtube channels when they travel it says runaway teen challenge and mine doesn't say that @Rainydayz17

Must be something the youtuber put in. I wouldn't worry about it.