Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Runaway Teen Challenge [Updated 03/10/19]

Comments

• Options
    seaofblue99seaofblue99 Posts: 1 New Member
    Quick Question; (Sorry if it's been asked before!)
    Does it count as cheating if I use the portable bed, campfire or cooler, etc. that come with the Outdoor Retreat GP? Just checking! XD
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Quick Question; (Sorry if it's been asked before!)
    Does it count as cheating if I use the portable bed, campfire or cooler, etc. that come with the Outdoor Retreat GP? Just checking! XD

The cooler would be cheating I think. Because you're supposed to have a hard time getting food. Now that they can eat produce it's a lot easier. Just 4 strawberries and you're good for awhile. But the rest of the stuff I'd actually encourage. The Sims 3 version used a sleeping bag. I think if you have Outdoor Retreat a tent is a good substitute.
  • Options
    Edited the first post to add my run-through of the challenge here: Runaway Teen Challenge.
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Hey! I'm going to start this challenge today, but I thought I would let you know that as of the latest patch we can now start a new game with just a teen in the household!
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    ewright9 wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 Hey! I'm going to start this challenge today, but I thought I would let you know that as of the latest patch we can now start a new game with just a teen in the household!

Seriously? That's awesome!
  • Options
    fjmg_2003fjmg_2003 Posts: 5 New Member
    My sims finally become a young Adult. He join the career of detective and I love it. He looks so dashing in his uniform :) I will be adding the 2 recent videos to my Youtube channel tomorrow.

But I have a question. Now that he has a small house with a restroom, kitchen, and bedroom. Do I need to keep substracting -10 every time he travels? Also I'm planning to make him marry some day and have children, but his house is so small. Can I expand his house or it needs to stay the same size during the whole gameplay?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    fjmg_2003 wrote: »
    My sims finally become a young Adult. He join the career of detective and I love it. He looks so dashing in his uniform :) I will be adding the 2 recent videos to my Youtube channel tomorrow.

But I have a question. Now that he has a small house with a restroom, kitchen, and bedroom. Do I need to keep substracting -10 every time he travels? Also I'm planning to make him marry some day and have children, but his house is so small. Can I expand his house or it needs to stay the same size during the whole gameplay?

I stopped subtracting the 10 simoleans when mine became a young adult. Yes, expand away! I added a second floor to mine and hey we have basements now too!
  • Options
    QueenStuffsQueenStuffs Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2015
    I am going to do this challenge. I made my family and i posted it to the gallery. My Gallery name thing is 'QueenStuffs' just like on here. All i need to do is kill off the mother! >:)

But before i start can we buy stuff with our lifetime points or not until we get a house? Also when we get a house can we expand from the 10x10 area or do we have to stay in that area for the whole game? I also assume you should try and play until your original teen dies or you get bored.. Depending on how much i like it i might turn it into one of my normal games once they get a house and just play on like a normal family even after the original teen dies. Idk yet but maybe :wink:
  • Options
    @QueenStuffs Good luck! Keep us updated on how you're doing. Yes, you can use your aspiration points whenever you want.

• Options
    @Rainydayz179 Okay Awesome. So far she has met Casandra Goth and another teen whose name i have forgotten. She has eaten food that other people have made at public grills. She has also fished and done a bit of gardening so far. Still cant afford a bed :p
  • Options
    For future reference for others the quickest way i have found to kill off the guardian is to cheat and add either all of the angry moodlets, Lots of happy ones and then add a playful one, embarresed moodlets etc. For quick emotional deaths. I did the angry one and she passed after about 10 sim minutes.. :blush:
  • Options
    My sim Allison has met more children and teens. If you are looking for kids and teens i recommend going to the park in after school hours time or on the weekends. For me atleast there is at least 1 or 2 teens or kids there :smile:
  • Options
    @QueenStuffs Glad to hear it's going so well.
  • Options
    //queenstuffs.edublogs.org/

I just made an edublog where i am going to blog about sims stuff. I am not very good at using the blog yet so please dont judge! :p To get to it paste the above into the web adress bar and type ' http: ' infront of it. I had to type it like that because it says 'You have to be around a while longer to post links' So yeah..
  • Options
    Gosh Darnit! My sims crashed. I lost my progress! :cry: :scream:
  • Options
    Omg of course i am back to where the mother JUST DIED! :rage:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Update on my game:
    There is a one wall, a cheap fridge, a toilet, a sink and a bed on the lot. As well as a small farm and the lots mailbox. Allison still cannot use her phone as she doesn't have a proper house yet, and she still cannot talk to young adults or older. She has over 2,000 simoleans and is going to start building more of her house. Allison just got sick, (I have the 'Get to Work' expansion pack) and has red dots all over her. She ages into a young adult in 6 days. She has also self published 2 children's books that she wrote at the library which give her 3 simoleans in royalties each day. So far i think i am doing pretty good. :smiley:

Edit: After 3 hours the sickness went away but then another 3 sim hours later she got it again! xD
  • Options
    @QueenStuffs Wow you're doing great! For the sickness try taking a nap or drinking orange juice. From the 2 times I've had sick sims they've had whims to do what would cure the sickness.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah! Allison became a young adult! She also now has a house and is level 2 in the doctor career. She still has her farm as she stills get most of her income from selling her excess produce and selling the decorative eggs that she gets randomly when she harvests. Only just recently she made over 600 simoleans from selling all her decorative eggs. I really like her house, it is 8x8 and i think the interior is adorable! :blush:

Sometimes it is hard though because there isnt too much time to look after her garden after work before she needs to go to bed so she can have energy for the next working day. Before she had a job i didnt care what time she went to bed and woke up because she had nothing scheduled for a specific time. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Update: There is now 3 stories to the house! She has one child named Elliot and THREE babies. Yes, she had triplets. Very fun. Very fun. The triplets father is Malcom Landgraab. The triplets are called Archer, Oliver and Baby. I got forced by a family member to name one Baby. So, Allison and Malcom got married. When i was controlling malcom, I found out that he was cheating on Allison with Allison's good friend Brenda. So Allison and Malcom got divorced :heartbreak:. So, Allison just needs to get married again to finish the challenge. I have someone in mind :heart:. Allison still has a big garden, but sadly her cow plant died. I still haven't gotten rid of it so there is a skull in the front yard. There are death flowers growing in the garden so if Allison some how dies before the challenge is finished I can give the flower to death so she can come back to life! :blush:
  • Options
    Update: There is now 3 stories to the house! She has one child named Elliot and THREE babies. Yes, she had triplets. Very fun. Very fun. The triplets father is Malcom Landgraab. The triplets are called Archer, Oliver and Baby. I got forced by a family member to name one Baby. So, Allison and Malcom got married. When i was controlling malcom, I found out that he was cheating on Allison with Allison's good friend Brenda. So Allison and Malcom got divorced :heartbreak:. So, Allison just needs to get married again to finish the challenge. I have someone in mind :heart:. Allison still has a big garden, but sadly her cow plant died. I still haven't gotten rid of it so there is a skull in the front yard. There are death flowers growing in the garden so if Allison some how dies before the challenge is finished I can give the flower to death so she can come back to life! :blush:

Wow!!! Triplets holy cow! And don't be so hard on poor Malcolm. The dang game does that, it will make sims romantic interest and even lovebirds and they won't even know each other. I hate it. Anyway, good luck with all those kids! Well done.
  • Options
    ChepanChepan Posts: 64 Member
    Oooh! I'm going to have to do this again and document it, but this is the first challenge I ever did! I actually did it. . . Friday/Saturday? It took me a couple times but I DID IT!!! What was really funny was that it was down to the last few seconds before she aged up. Lol.
  • Options
    fjmg_2003fjmg_2003 Posts: 5 New Member
    So is been taking me a long time to do this challenge because I only play when I have the time and I'm not working. But I been having lots of fun doing it. I just uploaded the most recent video on YouTube. My YouTube Id is fjmg2003. I'm doing the videos to practice my English so sorry for the bad English and heavy accent. Also for the coughing I was sick when I recorded that video.

Update on my challenge my guy got promoted on his job in the detective career to corporal and he eloped with his girlfriend. Also he improve his house now looks more like a home :)

On the next days I will be uploading more videos :)
  • Options
    amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    If you want to see my story check it out on my blog:
    ://sims4runawayteenchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/part-1-6-in-my-pocket-welcome-to-my.html

(It won't let me post links so just add http to the start of it)
  • Options
    MySimselfMySimself Posts: 29 Member
    There is a teenage girl taking a selfie with the grim reaper in front of a photo bombing cowplant... WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!? D: