May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Early Look at The Sims 4?! (Pre-Production UI)

Comments

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh yuck! It looks like the facebook game.

Online? if the sims look like these, then it doesn't even have to be online, I still won't play, they are super cartoony. Not at all what I had hoped.

I'm already back playing ts2 b/c there's actually things to do with my sims, opposed to sitting outside waiting for them to do whatever it is they do. clubs are boring b/c not enough other sims show up. it's just not as good as ts2 from my perspective.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think some need to realize that this is a pre-production mock-up for the UI (user interface). Ignore the graphics, they have nothing to do with it.

Also, it's a pre-production mock-up. Nothing about it is set in stone, the final version will not look exactly like that.

For a new page.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited April 2013
    I actually like the graphics. However in saying that I'm unsure of the UI, it just looks very different and strange. Also if the sims 4 is an entire online game then the sims 3 will be my last sims game. However I am optimistic about what the sims 4 has to offer and will hold off on my judgement until further information is released.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    I'll go bit by bit:

1. I'm excited for the multiplayer aspect of it. I've been discussing this amazing thing with my friend over chat when SimsVIP posted it. We're both eager to play it as we play SimCity :D

2. If they finally change user interface, all I have to say is - THANK LORD. It's been 3 generations of same old same. It's time to freshen it up.

3. It's just USER INTERFACE. It's not actual game that's shown on it, nor graphics, nor features. People look way too much into it. Nobody is looking at UI but instead at how Sims interact or what they look like, or what plumbob looks like.

Now, going to be hypocritical with next statement, but...

4. Look at how beautiful that restaurant/bar concept is!... I said concept as I know it has nothing to do with the game.

Also, people might want to read disclaimer:

5. "There is nothing else in the photos below that represent actual graphics, Sims, or gameplay, and the “mock up” designs may or may not make it to the final game. Again, the photos below were displayed to show off a “mock up” UI Design. Nothing more." - SimsVIP. Not even UI is finished. You remember what TS3 was like in early phase? It was ugly as hell. Nobody would've bought that.

Sims3evil.jpg

6. If developer of the UI has been told that he/she should include social windows - yay! Although I'm slightly more convinced it's just about of a mock up than actual content.

7. I love, love, love the concept of green and blue plumbob. Blue plumbob looks so good! Definitely a fresh addition. It'd be great to invite friends' Sims over (much like Showtime's Simport) and have them stay at your place. All that with a shiny blue plumbob - yay!

Now, with that said, I'll probably take some time off this forum because I'm in too much of a positive state to even read through bunch of rather hilarious comments of how these stills are disgusting and how they make you sick, or how TS4 will be bad because of social aspect. It's somebody's work you are insulting, somebody's creativity. Nobody is forced to give you explicitly what you want, they create what they are inspired to create.

If you like it - buy it. If you don't - just stop ruining all the pleasure to those of us who have waited for something like this to happen.

And now... adios, for some time :lol:

I was going to comment on this earlier, and then decided not to - but then I felt that some of what I said had a big part of the last part of this post being made. Or maybe I'm just being self centric. Anyways, against better judgement of reopening this I think I'll speak my mind here.

I hope you do not leave this community. Coming from a newer member's perspective, you're a regular contributor, with well thought out posts and a very positive attitude about many things. In short a pretty nice person.

I hope that Sims 4 is everything you're hoping and dreaming it will be. I'm gathering you're a fan of online gaming and that's great. But (and this is where the can of worms get reopened) it's not really fair to be upset that not everyone is going to agree with your viewpoint. Your opinion is as equally worthy of my opinion, and anyone else's opinion. This is all new ground for us. Some people are going to like it, and some people are not. Neither group should be slammed or made to feel their opinion is of less value simply because it doesn't match up with your own, or that made to feel we're wrong to post our opinion. Not every post is going to go on about how great or how not so great Sims 4 is.

I'm sorry that I'm coming across attacking you on this. I know it most likely seems that way, and I don't like that, because I'm not a person who enjoys either conflict or drama and it's been bothering me all evening. But I had to get this off my chest. Mainly because I'd rather see you accept the fact of differences of opinion and stay with the forum, than rather not see the negatives some have and leave the community.

So hopefully you will see this, as that means you're sticking around.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2013
    OMG. Wind Instruments... I SEE WIND INSTRUMENTS! Three of them, too! Whatever final product you come up with, EA, DON'T YOU DARE REMOVE THOSE!

Yet, of course, they're only in concept art. Knowing evil old EA that's probably as far as they'll get. And they'll only make me even more angry.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    tahneetahnee Posts: 141 New Member
    edited April 2013
    First I want to point out that I really look forward to TS4. I noticed the open and populated restaurants, love the instruments and stage....Im picturing some pretty amazing weddings happening. I hope they do slightly alter the way the sims look. They remind me of bratz dolls. Graphics in other games have moved forward and the sims should too. (yes I understand this is a mock up and agree they do look a bit better than TS3 sims but still...)

One gripe is if it is online. With so many people with different internet speeds this is going to pose a problem. In Australia our internet speeds are a third of chinas and less than half of America's. Thats in our capital cities. Imagine how slow it is for a country girl. At 8am and 4pm our internet drops out completely due to overload from businesses and kids getting home from school. Imagine the Lag, the drop outs ect. It doesnt matter how amazing our computers are we would not be able to play. I didnt buy SC5 for this very reason.

So if it is online, sadly I will be giving it a miss :-( (devistated).
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope they announce TS4 at E3. I am so curious about getting some kind of official word on final production/screenshots or something.

Doesn't matter to me if TS4 is online or not, but if it is online as long as it's optional and not mandatory to play, I'm fine with it. And hopefully TS4 focuses on all the age groups and not just YA's/A's most of the time. Those are my only two biggest issues I am concerned about.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2013
    tahnee wrote:
    One gripe is if it is online. With so many people with different internet speeds this is going to pose a problem. In Australia our internet speeds are a third of chinas and less than half of America's. Thats in our capital cities. Imagine how slow it is for a country girl. At 8am and 4pm our internet drops out completely due to overload from businesses and kids getting home from school. Imagine the Lag, the drop outs ect. It doesnt matter how amazing our computers are we would not be able to play. I didnt buy SC5 for this very reason.

I know how that goes. Not to mention that our speeds and download limits are capped really harshly as well. Our internet is appalling compared to most of the rest of the world, yet we pay top dollar for it.

Back on topic... it's nice to speculate about what S4 is going to be like, and whether it will be online, off or a mixture of both, but I wouldn't begin feeling completely devastated until there is some kind of official announcement :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Those interaction names are why it is I think it's not primarily online.

Why? Because the game would violate the T rating in more ways than I can count if those were between real people. And that's before you get into the couple dozen state laws, half a dozen federal laws, and couple of international laws it would violate.

Edit: And I just checked. Sadly, the result would violate more laws than genocide would. And I wish I were joking.

I'm not sure what those interactions, or the romance skill (and any other social skill they decide to add), would do in the first place if it was with a real person, besides make the sims perform animations.

I see all the romantic interactions creating nothing but a predator's cesspool and ruining the Sims as we know it :( . I know I will stop at Sims 3 if I cant play off line single player.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited April 2013
    LauriApp wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

Those interaction names are why it is I think it's not primarily online.

Why? Because the game would violate the T rating in more ways than I can count if those were between real people. And that's before you get into the couple dozen state laws, half a dozen federal laws, and couple of international laws it would violate.

Edit: And I just checked. Sadly, the result would violate more laws than genocide would. And I wish I were joking.

I'm not sure what those interactions, or the romance skill (and any other social skill they decide to add), would do in the first place if it was with a real person, besides make the sims perform animations.

I see all the romantic interactions creating nothing but a predator's cesspool and ruining the Sims as we know it :( . I know I will stop at Sims 3 if I cant play off line single player.

I agree. If the Sims 4 is online that's the end of the line for me. I heard how horrible the Sims online was, I never played because it sounded horrible. Don't get me wrong I like online games I have played a ton Guild Wars franchise, Everquest etc but the Sims is something that should never be online.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wait, wait, hold up! How do we even know if this is The Sims 4 and not some spin-off?! It could be another game from the main series like The Sims Medieval, MySims, Sims Social, etc.

Remember that they are going to cancel Sims Social? I think this is the replacer and is not The Sims 4. It looks too simple to be the next game after The Sims 3.

I do love the artwork!
    8640859895_02d243b457_o.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited April 2013
    If the pictures represent Sims 4, I’m laughing so hard now, this looks crap, I was expecting the Sims 4 to be more realistic, not cartoony, this looks like Sims social or free play or console version, this is not supposed to look like cartoon sims, I will NOT buy it if it’s cartoony, I’ll stick with sims 3!

Or maybe leaks are coming out to make us think that this is TS4, when really, we're being laughed at right now, and when the time comes, we'll be shocked to learn that the leak was merely something entirely different!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    Valandis wrote:
    Wait, wait, hold up! How do we even know if this is The Sims 4 and not some spin-off?! It could be another game from the main series like The Sims Medieval, MySims, Sims Social, etc.

Remember that they are going to cancel Sims Social? I think this is the replacer and is not The Sims 4. It looks too simple to be the next game after The Sims 3.

I think/hope this too.

I think the social player is very different to the pc player, I'm not sure combining the two will work out very well.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    I still think this is a bit of an over reaction here. I'm going to just purely put my opinion on the matter, and this isn't a right or wrong statement. Judging the fact that she posted this info before even an announcement of sims 4, isn't really leaked info. This could have been a dev pitching some early ideas and those ideas were shot down and so she decided to post them as either a reference or for a later portfolio.

So first thing out there is highly doubt these ideas were used. For one ui is very important and simplifying it is also very important. The use of such dark colors are really frowned upon by graphic developers as they set a negative mode to players. Another thing to point out is that this ui is missing quite a lot of information to it so it's not even a complete ui judging by what it is showcasing it's overly complicated as well.

I understand the concept art looks like online freeplay but that's sometimes how presentations go when you're trying to show case an idea don't always read to far into it. The online globe thing in the corner could very much mean that you're just connected online and can shop from the cash shop and chat with mypage friends. Again we should slow down until we fully no some facts to the sims 4 and not jump to conclusions just yet. I think we really won't know anything till we start seeing some official trailers.

Also let me point out the two plumbob's art work are like night and day to the second art work. I would more so believe the plumbob is going to be a beautiful sapphire blue because of the detail in the product. Not the concept art is it doesn't match at all with the work. Anyway just my opinion I'm not saying anyone's wrong or right either in their speculation just that it's just very little information to base judgement yet.
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited April 2013
    Valandis wrote:

I agree
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited April 2013
    I suspect the comments at simsvip upset Urosh. They're pretty bad. :oops: Sorry Urosh!!!

If every simmer was like you then the multiplayer world would be a beautiful place! <3

People agree and disagree all the time in a nice or not so nice way. He needs to learn either to face them or to ignore them. :-)

If he neither face nor ignore them, then it's better for him to stay away from the forum because there is no guarantee that nobody will upset him. :-)
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    I suspect the comments at simsvip upset Urosh. They're pretty bad. :oops: Sorry Urosh!!!

If every simmer was like you then the multiplayer world would be a beautiful place! <3

People agree and disagree all the time in a nice or not so nice way. He needs to learn either to face them or to ignore them. :-)

If he neither face nor ignore them, then it's better for him to stay away from the forum because there is no guarantee that nobody will upset him. :-)

zthat's exactly what he said he'd do, step away for a little while, we just don't want to see a simmer leave because of this whole unannounced, silly game thing...
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited April 2013
    Valandis wrote:

I do love the artwork!
    8640859895_02d243b457_o.png

That's what I hope. I don't mind any online sims game as long as it is not connected in any way or form to TS3 or TS4.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I was going to comment on this earlier, and then decided not to - but then I felt that some of what I said had a big part of the last part of this post being made. Or maybe I'm just being self centric. Anyways, against better judgement of reopening this I think I'll speak my mind here.

I hope you do not leave this community. Coming from a newer member's perspective, you're a regular contributor, with well thought out posts and a very positive attitude about many things. In short a pretty nice person.

I hope that Sims 4 is everything you're hoping and dreaming it will be. I'm gathering you're a fan of online gaming and that's great. But (and this is where the can of worms get reopened) it's not really fair to be upset that not everyone is going to agree with your viewpoint. Your opinion is as equally worthy of my opinion, and anyone else's opinion. This is all new ground for us. Some people are going to like it, and some people are not. Neither group should be slammed or made to feel their opinion is of less value simply because it doesn't match up with your own, or that made to feel we're wrong to post our opinion. Not every post is going to go on about how great or how not so great Sims 4 is.

I'm sorry that I'm coming across attacking you on this. I know it most likely seems that way, and I don't like that, because I'm not a person who enjoys either conflict or drama and it's been bothering me all evening. But I had to get this off my chest. Mainly because I'd rather see you accept the fact of differences of opinion and stay with the forum, than rather not see the negatives some have and leave the community.

I'm not leaving forum, just deciding to ignore certain threads that make me iffy ;)

I fully understand why some people are reacting the way they do. Online aspects and multiplayer is something most people here dislike, and I'm aware of that. However, reading through SimsVIP comments, I realized most (about 90%) people didn't even bother to read what it was about.

There were comments about how graphics are awful, how it looks cartoon-ish, how Sims looks ugly, how it's a downgrade from Sims 3 etc. when it fact, all these stills are showing is user interface. If people went on and said: "Oh, I don't like how they made it dark gray and all boxy, I prefer smooth blue color we had so far." - that'd be fine. But people commenting on graphics and gameplay features... it's just a no-no.

People are so consumed in this vortex of wanting to find out more about the game they perceive anything as official or real. Sims, interactions and the way rooms are designed shouldn't even be looked at. All that developer did is user interface - chat window, buttons and menu at the bottom of the screen and rest of such things, not Sims. As SimsVIP stated, whole concept is a mock up and who knows what stage it was in when pictures were taken.

As I stated in my post, that Sims 3 user interface is horrendous, plain and stupid. It does not contain of blue color as in final game, nor does it look even similar to what Sims 2 and Sims 1 looked like. Games like Sims go through million phases (Sunset Valley alone, before the release - when they started showing demos - went through 5 stages by June 2009, who knows how many there were before).

And, if it's true that TS4 is being released in 2014, that's still whole year to work on its features, color palette, reworks etc. Also, pictures were downloaded from site in August 2012 (9 months ago!) and add to that how long it took for it to be discovered, it's old well over a year now. So that's a year of alpha version of UI - and people come in saying how Sims suck and how they'll stick with TS3 when they have 0% knowledge of what actual game looks like or how it works.

August 2012 was well before SimCity's launch failure and bad reviews, so that's again whole year to port it into an offline game if it was intended to be same as SimCity. Also, keep in mind that SimCity CAN be played offline by changing one line of coding.

So my annoyance isn't about actual choice of words "disgusting" and "make me sick", it's more about some people being ignorant and making a choice to disregard disclaimers and comment on something that has nothing to do with either game or those stills.

Although, in past few months, I've discovered the complete annihilation of fans who actually want a multiplayer feature in Sims. Whoever comes in saying they'd like such features, it's an instant stampede of 10-15 posts of same people saying how that idea is horrible or how it shouldn't even be suggested (paraphrasing). I've figured why should anyone try to pass on an opinion if it's contrary to popular belief.

Sorry for the long post :lol: Just felt like I should explain why I stated earlier.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited April 2013
    If it is online I am worried... Can you imagine what some players will try to do to our Sims? :shock:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited April 2013
    If it is online I am worried... Can you imagine what CLP will try to do to our female Sims? :shock:
    OMG!!! LOL! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Im dying over here! :lol::lol: Hahah

But back to topic. If The Sims 4 is always online then im gone. I won't be a part of the Siming community anymore. I hate social stuff. If i want to play a game i want to play Single player. If i want to be social then i could just hang with some friends, i don't want to play The Sims with my friends online. Sims have always been a singleplayer experience and that will never change. It's one of those games that doesn't fit with multiplayer/online. But with the course EA is taking with all games being online then this doesn't surprise me. I hope they lose as much money as possible with the Sims 4 if it's always online! :evil:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm not 100% against online or even multiplayer as a separate entity. I just think the issues will start when they try to combine the two. I do think the social player and the veteran player have very different, often conflicting interests.

What offended me so much was the general feeling it gave me: as Zerbu said the characters looked quite trampy, I strongly dislike the vapid vibe that was floating around in 2010 and thankfully, I think they have moved away from that area. :D It's that shallow brainlessness that it appeared to share with simsocial that sickened me. :?

What I expect for sims 4 is a movement forward of the style and gameplay of the sims 3. So perhaps the characters could have more detail and be slightly more realistic while keeping the general sunny colourfulness of the sims.

I would also expect to be able to move more freely, maybe sims could climb up steep hills and cliffs, crawl under obstacles, swim and dive freely in the water, and even fly through the air!!! A bit like a happy Lara Croft! :lol: Perhaps they could cartwheel across the grass or skip along the road?

In general I would like for the sims to be more physically demonstrative, to physically display their emotions, in particular they should have strongly emotive facial expressions. Plus the camera should actually target their faces!!! I think this is so important because it gives the sims more humanity and by doing this they will make us feel more sympathetic towards them and we'd sort-of bond with them. I know this sounds a bit weird but I think the emotional attatchment is miising from the sims 3. We need to care about our sims.

I would like their personalities to be SUPER customisable and to affect everything they do! I do like the personality system of the sims 3 and I think they could take that and make it amazing!!! I would like for sims' personalities to be extremely dynamic, affecting the way they walk, stand, and talk, how they react to things, who they choose to socialise with, and which activities appeal to them.

All ages need to be well thought out and unique, I want to play whole families! I dislike the path that leads to a me-sim, I do NOT want a role-play type game or something where I only control one sim. I have always played with several households at once! The game soon gets boring when you're stuck with one sim (at least it does for me). Plus, interactions between ages and family members needs to have that emotional intensity and have the 'awwwwwww' factor.

And lastly, the game needs to allow for maximum creativity of the player. There are a lot of different types of simmer: storytellers, world creators, legacy players, create-a-sim addicts, lot builders... etc... They need to cater for them all FULLY! If they cut out a player-type, they will cut off a huge chunk of their profits. The more tools they give us to be creative and customise the game in our own way, the more they will keep our attention. Yes, things are nice, but when you use an object several times it does get dull.

All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer.

:lol:

It's people like Twallan and Rflong7 and AuntieLynds that keep us sane and quietly ticking over between expansion packs! I think many of us would have run of screaming for the hills if it weren't for players like them! The modders and cc artists are the backbone of the franchise... they are working WITH the game as a whole to make it great! They shouldn't be seen by the gurus as the enemy (and I don't think they are).

Phew... I really need to stop going off on one this week! :oops:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What offended me so much was the general feeling it gave me: as Zerbu said the characters looked quite trampy, I strongly dislike the vapid vibe that was floating around in 2010 and thankfully, I think they have moved away from that area. :D It's that shallow brainlessness that it appeared to share with simsocial that sickened me. :?

But these stills aren't about gameplay, that's what I was trying to say :) It's user interface only, rest of it is computer generated situation in a modeling software or something. It's not even Sims, nor the game they're working on. :lol:
    All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer. All game-led play and no room for creativity make Cinderelli a very bored simmer.

For yet unknown reasons, I have read through each of those sentences expecting something to change :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

I'm not leaving forum, just deciding to ignore certain threads that make me iffy ;)

I fully understand why some people are reacting the way they do. Online aspects and multiplayer is something most people here dislike, and I'm aware of that. However, reading through SimsVIP comments, I realized most (about 90%) people didn't even bother to read what it was about.

There were comments about how graphics are awful, how it looks cartoon-ish, how Sims looks ugly, how it's a downgrade from Sims 3 etc. when it fact, all these stills are showing is user interface. If people went on and said: "Oh, I don't like how they made it dark gray and all boxy, I prefer smooth blue color we had so far." - that'd be fine. But people commenting on graphics and gameplay features... it's just a no-no.

People are so consumed in this vortex of wanting to find out more about the game they perceive anything as official or real. Sims, interactions and the way rooms are designed shouldn't even be looked at. All that developer did is user interface - chat window, buttons and menu at the bottom of the screen and rest of such things, not Sims. As SimsVIP stated, whole concept is a mock up and who knows what stage it was in when pictures were taken.

As I stated in my post, that Sims 3 user interface is horrendous, plain and stupid. It does not contain of blue color as in final game, nor does it look even similar to what Sims 2 and Sims 1 looked like. Games like Sims go through million phases (Sunset Valley alone, before the release - when they started showing demos - went through 5 stages by June 2009, who knows how many there were before).

And, if it's true that TS4 is being released in 2014, that's still whole year to work on its features, color palette, reworks etc. Also, pictures were downloaded from site in August 2012 (9 months ago!) and add to that how long it took for it to be discovered, it's old well over a year now. So that's a year of alpha version of UI - and people come in saying how Sims suck and how they'll stick with TS3 when they have 0% knowledge of what actual game looks like or how it works.

August 2012 was well before SimCity's launch failure and bad reviews, so that's again whole year to port it into an offline game if it was intended to be same as SimCity. Also, keep in mind that SimCity CAN be played offline by changing one line of coding.

So my annoyance isn't about actual choice of words "disgusting" and "make me sick", it's more about some people being ignorant and making a choice to disregard disclaimers and comment on something that has nothing to do with either game or those stills.

Although, in past few months, I've discovered the complete annihilation of fans who actually want a multiplayer feature in Sims. Whoever comes in saying they'd like such features, it's an instant stampede of 10-15 posts of same people saying how that idea is horrible or how it shouldn't even be suggested (paraphrasing). I've figured why should anyone try to pass on an opinion if it's contrary to popular belief.

Sorry for the long post :lol: Just felt like I should explain why I stated earlier.

Blimmin' stealth poster!!! Glad you're back! :D

I'm not against multiplayer in general. I would even give it a go. I just want it to be an entirely separate experience and for it not to be detrimental to the game.

I'm not against anything that other people want.

I think there is a strong fear of multiplayer and social aspects ruining the thing we love, so when it's mentioned many of us panic and stomp on it. It's a knee-jerk reaction born of fear. I just don't want them to keep targeting that brainless teenage consumer (not all teenagers are brainless consumers by any means... it's just that ea seemed to be targeting those specific ones for a while) and if they keep doing that they'll ruin the franchise! I fact! It's INCREADIBLY insulting to people!!! They keep dictating to us what we want instead of listening. :roll: Having said that, the current gurus have been great lately.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Stealth posted again... :lol: .... and again :mrgreen: