The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Early Look at The Sims 4?! (Pre-Production UI)

Comments

• Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?
    i was laughing about the clp joke..
    that no girl sim will be safe from him?
    if there were violent jokes, i never saw them.

I think Zerbu is referring to the pepper spray comment. I'm not sure what's violent about protecting yourself with pepper spray but whatever.

Wow, this thread sure got out of hand. I wonder if SimsVIP regrets posting that info. People took it and ran with it without reading her full post and understanding exactly what it is.
    i still dont see that. -shrug- oh well.
    sorry, TRULY no offence, but running around pepper spraying people DOES sound funny.

Maybe in the kind of game where you go around exterminating things, but not in a Sims game.
    I feel like you think i know what you guys are talking about.
    I never mentioned the sims because i cant read what was said. I just meant someone running around spraying people, possiby in his underwear, being all crazy, people shaking their fists.. its a joke in my mind obviously. nothing to get so upset over.

Also, this game is EVERYONES. You need to stop acting like this is your game. Dont be so possessive. Its not even in the game, EA wont put it in, end of story. if they find it funny, you have no right to tell them its not. you dont control their sense of humor. whether its "sick" or "messed up", i doubt they were serious, whatever they said.

I have every right to stand up for human rights.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

I think Zerbu is referring to the pepper spray comment. I'm not sure what's violent about protecting yourself with pepper spray but whatever.

Wow, this thread sure got out of hand. I wonder if SimsVIP regrets posting that info. People took it and ran with it without reading her full post and understanding exactly what it is.

How is going around randomly pepper spraying people "defending yourself"?

Oh wait, aren't you that person who advocated against a human rights movement?

When did anyone say that? All I saw was a post making a joke about someone using pepper spray against an implied stalker or using it against burglars. That's not randomly pepper spraying people, that's defending yourself.

No, I'm not.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited April 2013
    :?

That's bullying.

Indeed. Kinds of reminds me of someone else in an all too familiar way and style.. :roll:

(not you, obviously Cinderellimouse, or in fact anyone else on this thread!)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

How is going around randomly pepper spraying people "defending yourself"?

Oh wait, aren't you that person who advocated against a human rights movement?

When did anyone say that? All I saw was a post making a joke about someone using pepper spray against an implied stalker or using it against burglars. That's not randomly pepper spraying people, that's defending yourself.

No, I'm not.

What is your definition of "implied" stalker?

Does it include offers for coffee? Or two people making a joke you don't like that just happens to be in earshot? Or looking at you in the eyes while serving you at a shop/stall/whatever?

I'm neutral on the burglar part, though I don't personally see them adding it, but I suppose it could be part of the ability to apprehend burglars that sims in the Law Enforcement career have, or something, in the unlikely event they did decide to add it.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm not even going to get involved in this argument. I do, I know I'll get angry, and then I'll get banned.

Just, please, leave CLP alone. He's got enough problems in his life and on the forums.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    What is your definition of "implied" stalker?

Does it include offers for coffee? Or two people making a joke you don't like that just happens to be in earshot? Or looking at you in the eyes while serving you at a shop/stall/whatever?

I'm neutral on the burglar part, though I don't personally see them adding it, but I suppose it could be part of the ability to apprehend burglars that sims in the Law Enforcement career have, or something, in the unlikely event they did decide to add it.

Someone who won't take no for an answer and won't stop no matter what you say.

I don't either, and I don't really want it because I don't see the need.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Fair enough (assuming you mean something serious like actual harassment, and not just "being an *insert A-H word here*"), I assumed you would be one of those people who considered offers for coffee, making jokes you don't like to another person and you just happen to be in earshot, looking you in the eyes while serving you, etc... would be considered stalking, seeing as you advocated against the human rights movement that points out the facts.

(And I call it a human rights movement because that's precisely what it is)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Fair enough (assuming you mean something serious like actual harassment, and not just "being an *insert A-H word here*"), I assumed you would be one of those people who considered offers for coffee, making jokes you don't like to another person and you just happen to be in earshot, looking you in the eyes while serving you, etc... would be considered stalking, seeing as you advocated against the human rights movement that points out the facts.

(And I call it a human rights movement because that's precisely what it is)

What are you talking about? Is it that men's rights group thing you're always on about?

No, I don't consider someone offering to take me out to coffee stalking, nor do I care what people I don't know say with their friends as long as it isn't directed at me. I prefer it when people look me in the eyes when they are addressing me, it really bothers me when they don't actually.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What are you talking about? Is it that men's rights group thing you're always on about?

The one with all the evidence that modern feminism is actually a violent organization (that's pretty much the same as a religious cult other than the lack of a deity) with the goal of exterminating 90% of the male population and using the remaining 10% as drones, and some of them (but not all) also advocate extermination of the portion of the female population that isn't part of their plan. Oh and in case anyone is confused, modern feminism only pretends to be about gender equality, in order to further their goal.

That wasn't a joke by the way.

Say whatever you want, but the movement has evidence.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

The one with all the evidence that modern feminism is actually a violent organization (that's pretty much the same as a religious cult other than the lack of a deity) with the goal of exterminating 90% of the male population and using the remaining 10% as drones, and some of them (but not all) also advocate extermination of the portion of the female population that isn't part of their plan. Oh and in case anyone is confused, modern feminism only pretends to be about gender equality, in order to further their goal.

Uh huh, I'm sure all that evidence is 100% true too.

VKaWX_zps1b100738.gif
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Uh huh, I'm sure all that evidence is 100% true too.

VKaWX_zps1b100738.gif

Linking to the site is risky (mainly due to the fact it discusses content that's not really appropriate for these forums), but then again, this entire conversation is risky, so...

http://www.avoiceformen.com/

If anyone disagrees with the site, then I want to see an explanation of what's wrong about it. By the way, the site is the 42,474th most visited site on the Internet, which is a massive accomplishment.

And if you want a link to an article about specific information, all you've to do is ask.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    Linking to the site is risky (mainly due to the fact it discusses content that's not really appropriate for these forums), but then again, this entire conversation is risky, so...

If anyone disagrees with the site, then I want to see an explanation of what's wrong about it. By the way, the site is the 42,474th most visited site on the Internet, which is a massive accomplishment.

And if you want a link to an article about specific information, all you've to do is ask.

I don't care about that site or their "evidence". As far as I'm concerned, if you swing too far on either side, you're part of the problem. Promote a healthy dialogue between men and women, don't belittle either.

PerezHilton.com is the number 1,213 most visited site on the internet. That doesn't make anything said on it worth reading.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I posted the site rank so that opponents of the movement would know it's not just some random unknown site that hardly gets any traffic.

The hilarious thing is that they don't swing too far to one side. They also acknowledge the fact that feminism is trying to turn women into helpless victims.

A few interesting articles:

http://www.avoiceformen.com/women/to-the-women-lurking-on-the-fringes/

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/the-mrm-whats-in-it-for-women/

There are also two other articles but I can't link to them due to their titles. Their names are "How to stop *insert word here*" and "*Insert word here* farming: The next generation"

There are others, but it's hard to recall every article on the entire site at the top of my head.

So, the site certainly doesn't belittle women.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2013
    Why the heck are you bringing up this "Men's Rights Activism" nonsense into this topic? Please, it is completely off-topic. Take that nonsense somewhere else.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    barisaxy wrote:
    Why the heck are you bringing up this "Men's Rights Activism" nonsense into this topic? Please, it is completely off-topic. Take that nonsense somewhere else.

I wouldn't have brought it up if someone previously in this thread (in one of the deleted posts) didn't try to paint all men as umm... "forced WooHooers"? Ignoring the fact that it's also committed by women, and that only a tiny minority of either gender would commit it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

I don't care about that site or their "evidence". As far as I'm concerned, if you swing too far on either side, you're part of the problem. Promote a healthy dialogue between men and women, don't belittle either.

PerezHilton.com is the number 1,213 most visited site on the internet. That doesn't make anything said on it worth reading.

Lost cause. I've told him that before.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And what are you trying to do when you call it "nonsense"? (sorry for the double post, but the thread broke again)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Anyone who has read even a little of their site or forums knows that's not true.

But this has gone far, far too off-topic and I'm sure the OP doesn't want their thread getting locked. I'm done.
    Zerbu wrote:

I see. All the more reason for me to bow out.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Except that you're so wrong that there are simply no words to explain it. The MHRM has gone from some minor collection of Internet stuff into a movement that's mainstream in some areas (and is continuing to become mainstream in more areas) in less than half a year. That's a massive achievement given how long the movement has actually existed.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Anyone who has read even a little of their site or forums knows that's not true.

But this has gone far, far too off-topic and I'm sure the OP doesn't want their thread getting locked. I'm done.

So you want to close with some claim you have no evidence of, okay sure! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

Except that you're so wrong that there are simply no words to explain it. The MHRM has gone from some minor collection of Internet stuff into a movement that's mainstream in some areas (and is continuing to become mainstream in more areas) in less than half a year. That's a massive achievement given how long the movement has actually existed.

Except, you know, none of those areas seem to be areas that either I or any other member of the public, or seemingly the government, actually deal with.

Convo's done.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, so far I'm ahead in the debate, since nobody's actually provided any evidence against it. :) If anyone wants to actually provide evidence, I'm all up for debate. :)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2013
    Nice. Thread went from Sim speculation to conspiracy theorist garbage.

:roll:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Except, you know, none of those areas seem to be areas that either I or any other member of the public, or seemingly the government, actually deal with.

Convo's done.

I don't have a club what you're trying to say, but I assume you mean nothing is getting done despite the activism? Well, that's inherently false, since there has been a lot of good news lately, ranging from small groups to massive companies becoming more gender neutral.

Also, your clear attempt to make yourself look "professional" is extremely obvious. In fact, people who really do leave conversations out of maturity don't advertise it. Advertising that you're leaving a public conversation is usually done as an attempt to make yourself look professional in front of other people.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    Well, so far I'm ahead in the debate, since nobody's actually provided any evidence against it. :) If anyone wants to actually provide evidence, I'm all up for debate. :)

Yes. You are quite ahead in derailing the thread with something completely unrelated to it.

In any case, I have my evidence by the simple fact that what I said in my last post has a complete absence of anything to support your claim in every direction I've looked. I've even asked my senator about your movement; if he had laughed any longer, I would be up on charges for assassinating a public official with a phone call (and the standard treason charge, of course).
    Zerbu wrote:

Convo's done.

I don't have a club what you're trying to say, but I assume you mean nothing is getting done despite the activism? Well, that's inherently false, since there has been a lot of good news lately, ranging from small groups to massive companies becoming more gender neutral.

Also, your clear attempt to make yourself look "professional" is extremely obvious. In fact, people who really do leave conversations out of maturity don't advertise it. Advertising that you're leaving a public conversation is usually done as an attempt to make yourself look professional in front of other people.

Except, you know, I never said I was leaving the thread. I said the convo's done.

Also, what groups? What corporations? You make a lot of BS claims, yet provide no names.