The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Early Look at The Sims 4?! (Pre-Production UI)

Comments

• Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    The jokes being posted in this thread are not funny at all.
    Yes they are.
    Oh yes they are.
  • Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited April 2013
    If this is really Sims 4, then THREE THINGS.

1. Drop that Sims Social graphics feel. Immediately. The Sims look okay in the actual gameplay but the Sim Panel is just ridiculous.

2. I hope where she says that thing about soap, that it's live or something. I DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY SIMS ARE SAYING.

3. Anyone else feeling a bit of a Sims 1 throwback? Maybe it's the clothes and hair. Makes me wonder if the setting will be back in the past.

Otherwise, bring it on!

P.S. That bar counter looks drool-worthy, but I was hoping for graphics more like Call Of Duty (have you seen those kitchens/people?!?! I'm not against cartoon, but at least as realistic as Sims 2 would be nice). Even on the bar counter, the best piece of graphics I can see so far, it looks like a sticker.

Ridiculous. I really hope this isn't the final graphics for the Sims 4 we've been waiting for. I really like the new layout of the panel though.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If Hannah R played Sims she would need more than a pepper spray to keep Cat away from her SimSelf.
    Hannah R?
    I dont think im popular enough to know who that is lol
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Staruna wrote:

1. Drop that Sims Social graphics feel. Immediately. The Sims look okay in the actual gameplay but the Sim Panel is just ridiculous.

2. I hope where she says that thing about soap, that it's live or something. I DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY SIMS ARE SAYING.

3. Anyone else feeling a bit of a Sims 1 throwback? Maybe it's the clothes and hair. Makes me wonder if the setting will be back in the past.

Otherwise, bring it on!

PEOPLE, PEOPLE PLEASE!
    Please READ the article! Dont just look at the pictures.
    Its JUST a mock up for the USER INTERFACE! A mock up from 2011!!
    The graphics are BOUND to be changed!

• Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited April 2013
    d83fa747_1157.darth_vader_nooooooo.gif

Seriously, that was my actual reaction. My husband was very startled.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Staruna wrote:
    P.S. That bar counter looks drool-worthy, but I was hoping for graphics more like Call Of Duty (have you seen those kitchens/people?!?! I'm not against cartoon, but at least as realistic as Sims 2 would be nice).
    That WHOLE bar setting made me DROOOL.
    But i agree, if they doo cartoony, id like it to be slightly more polished than ts2, cuz i think theyre better looking than ts3 sims -.-
    such ugly children..
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Staruna wrote:

Otherwise, bring it on!

PEOPLE, PEOPLE PLEASE!
    Please READ the article! Dont just look at the pictures.
    Its JUST a mock up for the USER INTERFACE! A mock up from 2011!!
    The graphics are BOUND to be changed!
    Yes, and I'm sure it will be a fine game. I'm just note sure I want to upgrade.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited April 2013
    Moved to next page
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    Let me make things clear:
    JOKES ABOUT VIOLENCE AGAINST INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE NOT FUNNY

and no amount of "but they are! but they are!" will change that fact. If you think that violence against an innocent person is a joke, then you are a horrible human being.

Even realistic violence against guilty people isn't funny except to the extent that's required to capture the person, as violence is not the answer (just thought I'd mention that to make it clear I don't endorse violent punishment either). I'm not referring to stopping supervillains in games though.

EDIT: I just noticed... it looks like some of the posts have been removed, but not all of the responses have been removed.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    I definitely hope TS4 will be a lot more lively around town as well. :mrgreen:
    In fact, I would also like to see the spontaneous behavior so often seen in the console versions too. To me, TS3 sims are too tame for even a T for Teen rated game. Some of the console games/spin-offs get way more fun and freedom, in my opinion. :?
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Invis
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    If Hannah R played Sims she would need more than a pepper spray to keep Cat away from her SimSelf.
    Hannah R?
    I dont think im popular enough to know who that is lol
    Hannah R is the girl Catloverplayer has a crush on in real life and has created a Sim version of to be his wife in the game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    :?

That's bullying.
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I definitely hope TS4 will be a lot more lively around town as well. :mrgreen:
    In fact, I would also like to see the spontaneous behavior so often seen in the console versions too. To me, TS3 sims are too tame for even a T for Teen rated game. Some of the console games/spin-offs get way more fun and freedom, in my opinion. :?

I agree a billion percent .-. Sims 3 sims need more action and spontaneity. The main reason I'm sticking around is to see if it gets better...if not, see ya EA.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait to find out more.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

and no amount of "but they are! but they are!" will change that fact. If you think that violence against an innocent person is a joke, then you are a horrible human being.

Even realistic violence against guilty people isn't funny except to the extent that's required to capture the person, as violence is not the answer (just thought I'd mention that to make it clear I don't endorse violent punishment either). I'm not referring to stopping supervillains in games though.

EDIT: I just noticed... it looks like some of the posts have been removed, but not all of the responses have been removed.
    violence?
    i was laughing about the clp joke..
    that no girl sim will be safe from him?
    if there were violent jokes, i never saw them.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

violence?

That joke may have implied certain things (I can't say what because of the forum rules, and also I can't say 100% what it meant), but as well as that there were also jokes about being able to commit violence against other players in TS4 if it's a massive MMO, which seem to have been deleted by mods.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

I think Zerbu is referring to the pepper spray comment. I'm not sure what's violent about protecting yourself with pepper spray but whatever.

Wow, this thread sure got out of hand. I wonder if SimsVIP regrets posting that info. People took it and ran with it without reading her full post and understanding exactly what it is.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

I think Zerbu is referring to the pepper spray comment. I'm not sure what's violent about protecting yourself with pepper spray but whatever.

Wow, this thread sure got out of hand. I wonder if SimsVIP regrets posting that info. People took it and ran with it without reading her full post and understanding exactly what it is.

How is going around randomly pepper spraying people "defending yourself"?

Oh wait, aren't you that person who advocated against a human rights movement?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

i still dont see that. -shrug- oh well.
    sorry, TRULY no offence, but running around pepper spraying people DOES sound funny.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

sorry, TRULY no offence, but running around pepper spraying people DOES sound funny.

Maybe in the kind of game where you go around exterminating things, but not in a Sims game.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

Maybe in the kind of game where you go around exterminating things, but not in a Sims game.

Zerbu, let it go. This thread will end up being locked.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'll let it go when people stop posting the stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    violence?

I feel like you think i know what you guys are talking about.
    I never mentioned the sims because i cant read what was said. I just meant someone running around spraying people, possiby in his underwear, being all crazy, people shaking their fists.. its a joke in my mind obviously. nothing to get so upset over.

Also, this game is EVERYONES. You need to stop acting like this is your game. Dont be so possessive. Its not even in the game, EA wont put it in, end of story. if they find it funny, you have no right to tell them its not. you dont control their sense of humor. whether its "sick" or "messed up", i doubt they were serious, whatever they said.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited April 2013
    EDIT: Broken thread is broken. XD
    34336_s.gif