Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arcadia - A Post Apocalyptic Shanty Amidst the Desert Sun

Comments

• Options
    Money1000125Money1000125 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Well I just spent the last hour or so rebuilding the entire Vault. I'm beyond exhausted, and am really looking forward to this world being completed. Next version of the world is up for testing. Please test the beach for me, I changed it not in the way I had hoped to, but I had to draw the line at some point. I'm curious how it will affect low-end pc's. I have about 450 objects in my World, most of them plants. The beach probably has the most plants of any lot, so I'm expecting problems. As for the Vault, you should notice a change in rock formation. (This was because unless I had actually moved the rocks in the game, they wouldn't save when adding to library, but would delete when bulldozing lot). I'm 100% unsure if this will route properly. I decided to just forget the rabbitholes, the lot was ugly and makes the game less fun in my opinion. Kids don't need school when survival is more important, Use testing cheats to change names or get your awards, why'd i include a bistro? As for the hospital, baby in da homes, testing cheats to change body. Honestly, i believe the residential lot is so much better. If People really want the rabbit-hole lot, I'll upload it to the exchange. (Sims wouldn't use it anyways, no roads. Now they can survive in the world by doing professions, right?) Thank you for your patience, and Please continue to let me know what is wrong with the world.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    well it's 4:00am again, (seriously, where does the time go?) And I decided to build an art gallery for the neighborhood. Now, don't think this is your typical "Go and look at a flamingo on a stand, and a painting on a wall" type of art gallery, those stink. What I did here was layout the history of New Vegas, Vault 102, and Arcadia in three large displays with working animations (might need to be activated). I also included text description plaques so you can read about how the settlement came to be! Now, doesn't that sound like a fun lot to visit? Here's an image of just such! I'll be adding this to the Tour tomorrow, for now, Peace-and-Jimmy-Johns. (so.. hungry..)
    Screenshot-32.jpg
  • Options
    YumishiYumishi Posts: 20,954
    edited August 2012
    this world is amazing! I love the way it looks :] I'm gonna download it in a minute...finally a place where my Wesker and Sephiroth sims can call home..
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you! What do you mean by wesker and sephiroth sims? I believe that's final fantasy maybe? And the Shack of History isn't in the world yet, I'm still editing certain parts of it I was too tired to fine-tune last night. But I should have it good today. I don't have much anytime at all to work on Arcadia today pretty shortly here, A lot of summer college homework I wanted to get done.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2012
    A

Some Images!

The same Good Old Vault Enterance on the outside....
    Screenshot-2-1.jpg

I thought this was real for a minute :shock:

Fantastic world! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you! That image stunned me too when I took it, I'm really happy with how the Vault turned out. If I can't get an updated download link today, I should have one by tomorrow.
  • Options
    YumishiYumishi Posts: 20,954
    edited August 2012
    Thank you! What do you mean by wesker and sephiroth sims? I believe that's final fantasy maybe? And the Shack of History isn't in the world yet, I'm still editing certain parts of it I was too tired to fine-tune last night. But I should have it good today. I don't have much anytime at all to work on Arcadia today pretty shortly here, A lot of summer college homework I wanted to get done.

yeah, he is from Final fantasy..I recreated sim versions of Wesker and Sephiroth to amuse myself. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'll have to do a google search on them tonight, I've only ever played FFXIII, and FFX111-2 (about half way). they're fun, but really long. Well back to college homework.
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi! Your world is incredible..Great Job!! I've already downloaded and installed it and there are some things that I found..
    So, as you can see in the pics bellow you have some Lot limit problems..
    Screenshot-11.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-meQsbVRMM3k/UCbnfqjxo-I/AAAAAAAAAVc/z1XxKaFjtDc/s1152/Screenshot-18.jpg[/img]

..also found this flying shrub on the rigth..
    Screenshot-17.jpg

And I tested your swimmingpool and it works :) you can even collect from the underwater junk piles!!

Screenshot-12.jpg

Screenshot-13.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

About the Vault 102, my sim tried to enter but there are some routing problems that aren't letting him enter the door..it can be one of the rocks..But I couldn't find out what is..

But I realy like this world!
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I didn't even catch that on the garden! the ampithatrea has been giving me a headache, but I'm going to save a copy, build a bigger lot size, and then place it again. far too small for something that size. as for the flying shrub, :oops: thought... I took care of that. I'm also really pleased with how to pool turned out, sims can't swim over objects, but I made them able to get from one side to the other. And the stinking Vault is giving me more problems......... :cry: I just finished an online college exam, so now i'm working on weather patterns, and I *MIGHT* have figured out how to decrease the map view zoom distance. If it works, I'll make a tutorial on Mod The Sims like I did with removing the transparency of lots placed over waters w/o terrain paints or shallow water.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Newest Update is on the front page. What's new here is the Museum, The redone Vault, some texture changes, a Remake of the beach (is now a fishing spot with ocean critters), and (few) work done on the fly-over. I also conformed the edges of every lot, added addresses to each lot, and fixed the problems people have told me. Please continue to find anything wrong with this world, I appreciate your efforts.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hey Money, did you join Snootysims and use a different name? i was just over there checking something else in the worlds area and saw your world - just wanted to make sure it is you or to alert you if it isn't.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Yes that is me, I forgot my password for that site actually. I read that a moderator had to approve the post, and was unsure if how long that would take. So I worked on the thread here instead.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh, okay. You never can tell, so I always like to check with the creators incase there are thieves afoot. Glad it is you. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for watching out, I would be pretty upset if someone was trying to pirate this world and post it as theirs. With the world almost done, I've actually begun working on another project while I wait for responses from testers. I tested everything I put into homes and plenty of the community lots, they seem to route fine for me. In due time, I'll put up pictures of this other world I'm working on, I will say while Arcadia is a barren, post-apocalyptic wasteland, this new one will be quite the opposite. Probably one of the most lush and otherworldy forest depths world possible. (Will need Supernatural before I can really start powering through it.)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Now that one will be one I'll be interested in as I love the Lush worlds and sounds like what i have in mind for Supernatural as well. Will most definitely test that one out.

Yeah I try to look out for the creators, and have no tolerance for people who would steal another persons hard work. But it is not unusual for simmers to create here in the forums and also post their work in other forums too - that is all fine - I just like to make sure it IS the creator doing the posting. You'd be surprised at some of the real elaborate work others have had the nerve to try and post as their own. BUt i don't care if it is even a tiny world or a single lot, if I see it else where I tend to check with the creator. Around here we tend to alert other creators and simmers if we see some stealing going on, and then enmasse we will all flag the creation and alert the website. So no worries. We simmers can make it miserable for a thief and make sure others know it. hehehe

But anyway, glad it was you and nice to hear you are just about finished with that one and into the next one. Will keep an eye out for the new one.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    It's awesome to hear that the community is looking out to protect others. As for this new project, the houses in this world are even smaller (but have some more yard size.) Imagine Pandora from Avatar, but not Pandora. Something that amount of beauty.

EDIT: Here is a link to the world, It's still in the beginning stages, and will likely undergo many edits once Supernatural actually comes out.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/573430.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh yeahhh - isn't Pandora just glorius? I must have watched Avatar 50 times just so I can keep looking around. I have the movie on blue ray and have one of those huge wall mountable HDGT TV's so it looks just like i could step into that world. I wish. Hehehe

Just took a peak at what you've added so far - looks adorable. Keep in mind the fairies will also have their little fairy houses as well you will be able to add here and about.

OAre you also adding a darker area - like an enchanted Forest where the more evil characters dwell?

If you want to check out some amazing fae type lots and houses check out the ones by Elle. She does amazing work on fantasy lots.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I will definitely look into that. I'm adding a shady backwood's area to the map, kinda ripping of the idea from the MMORPG. (Fairy Godfather, sounds just too awesome to give up.) The world will be much about the same size as Arcadia, but more focused on the nature aspect. So i'm not going to include thinks like a junkyard or fire station. Also, tell me a bit more about these fairy houses, I was not aware of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    They are complete little houses and fairies can change size down to like tinkerbells size and go into these little houses. I believe there is one for good fairies and one for evil fairies. There are pictures of them over at Simsvip and I think there may be some over in the Supernatural forum. They are complete and not something we can build ourselves.

There is going to be a new chat Wendesay morning 8 am pst that will be coming from the German Gamescom with EA's Sims Head guy - Ben Bell - I am sure they will share more info though - but there is no way we could build them ourselves as they are about the size of statue and i guess we just place them. I do not know much more about them though other than fairies from toddler to elder can all go into them when they morph down to tiny sprite size.

I will go look for pics of them and if I find them will add a link here.

Here you go:

Two fairyhouses, castle+cottage, max 8 fairies can enter at the same time when having a fairy house party, but more sims can stand outside and ”dance” sort of. All ages of fairies can transform and fly into the fairy house, YES – toddlers as well.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/548894.page

Look in Pictures #3 in lower right corner; Picture # 11 also in lower right corner, and Picture # 17 in lower left corner.

But pic #3 shows 1 kind of fairy house and picture #11 shows the other kind.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh, well that is very helpful! I especially love the build/buy catalog picture. As for the fairy homes, To put it lightly, I'm just going to plop one on a lot every here and there. That takes away from the beautiful Architecture and landscaping i'm slaving over. Also, if we could continue this chat in the other thread, That'd be great. This thread is for post-apocalyptic Arcadia, all this talk of fairies is, well, out of place here.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    re-typing this because of I accidently hit the back-space, and it took me back to the front page.

After many hours of trying to upload the world to the exchange, i am unable to do so. My launcher is telling me that the world already is on the exchange. It isn't. About four days ago i accidently misclicked upload instead of show file on my laucher, and removed it immeadiately since it was not done. because of this, does this mean the world can NEVER be on the exchange? does this mean all those hours i've spent creating this is for absolutely nothing whatsoever? I would really like a quick reply and solution, thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    When you accidently hit the upload files - it probably uploaded it to the export files. Check those. If you see if there, delete it. Then try again.

I know in game when you click upload it only saves it to the export folder, then from there you can either use the file yourself, or further upload it to your studio where it will automatically go on the exchange. if you don't do the next step to send it to your studio, then it should still be in the export folder of CAW. You should be able to just move it right out of there to your desktop or delete it or what ever.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I have already deleted the file from the exports folder, uninstalled my world, and removed any trace of it from my game. I then re-exported the world from CAW as a different save. The world's export status is still in my studio, but the link to the world on the exchange has been removed when I deleted it. Is it because no two worlds can have the same name?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    No the name has nothing to do with it, it is the map. It has a unique number and that has to be changed once it has been uploaded in order to upload it to the exchange. EA did not make it possible, but modders did. You need the S3p mod - I know you can find instructions on doing that over on modthesims - I believe on Simsamples CAW threads and there also may be instructions on the faq at the top of this thread under the advanced section - but I know the info is out there. But you want the info to change the CAW world unique ID. Oh you also might find info on Kiwi Teas thread as well, as he is the fellow that designed the way CAW users can populate their world. But Simsample is definitely the simmer you want to check first as no one knows more about CAW than Simsample.

Found the link to the info for you:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=430249

In dreams - I LIVE!