Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arcadia - A Post Apocalyptic Shanty Amidst the Desert Sun

123457...Next

Comments

• Money1000125Money1000125 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I still plan to release an updated version yes, I'm actually now planning on updating it for Supernatural, Seasons, University, and Island Life now that those have all been announced. (I still have to purchase University life, which I'll do after... Living in a University in 27ish days.) I also cannot work on much of it this week since my Architecture Final is next Monday.

I've received numerous requests for slightly modified versions of this world, things like patches of grass or more space, and the short response for those are: Once Summer comes, I'll have the time and patience to hammer these specially customized worlds.

But, without Showtime or World Adventures, hmm... that'll be the largest modified one requested yet. It would be very difficult since I used a lot of prop items and game objects that came with Showtime and World Adventures. (Vault stuff, clothing, lots, game objects, furniture, tomb objects, exterior objects, etc.) How exactly does it break your game?
  • AsaiaAsaia Posts: 29 New Member
    edited April 2013
    But, without Showtime or World Adventures, hmm... that'll be the largest modified one requested yet. It would be very difficult since I used a lot of prop items and game objects that came with Showtime and World Adventures. (Vault stuff, clothing, lots, game objects, furniture, tomb objects, exterior objects, etc.) How exactly does it break your game?

I can reinstall World Adventures without it being an issue - like I said, I only uninstalled it b/c I wasn't really using it, not because there were problems. But Showtime... performers seem to cause a lot of errors to pop up in ErrorTrap, all my sims (active and inactive) flock to the parks when there's a performer but then get buggy and have to be reset... my game (and my mods, which yes are all up-to-date and SHOULD work with the games and patches) just, for whatever reason, does not like Showtime. Which doesn't bother me much, because it was my least favorite expansion anyway. Taking it out didn't make me feel anything was missing, and made my game run perfectly.

But I'm curious, what stuff in the world comes from Showtime? I might try reinstalling WA and then try running Arcadia without Showtime just to see if I can make it work... (unlikely, but it's not like I don't have backups if it makes my game blow up)

EDIT: Right, so it won't fully load without Showtime installed. I figured, but had to try. Ah well. I'll just be patient and wait for a non-Showtime version :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2013
    The showtime stuff in the worod is...
    8020's cloths
    Vault 102 objects
    Museum of History's objects
    Sandstone Ampitheatre
    Possibly some items for a few lots like lights or sch?
    a number of traits
    some of the harvestable plants
    I believe some objects in the caw metadate
    some hairstyles on sims
    Some other things I can't recall
    So it will be a fairly intense modification
  • AsaiaAsaia Posts: 29 New Member
    edited April 2013
    ... right, I'll see if I can't get my game to like Showtime, then :)
    edited April 2013
    I honestly don't like showtime either, I had a cool idea for a new world I'll tinker around with that wouldn't involve it, too. This time I won't announce it until I have a decent amount of stuff to show, making sure I'm at least interested in this world. (You can probably tell as of now I'm the person who likes to do many projects at once :P)

Just some questions for a world I'm planning....

- Bonfires from University, can sims nourish their health with them? Can they cook food on them? If not, what are all the possible ways to cook food and then eat food to regain health.

- Will swimming in the ocean raise hygiene? Will swimming in a pool raise hygiene? Are there any other methods to raise hygiene besides showers and showers-in-a-can?

- Are there any methods of sleeping that don't involve... intelligently crafted items? Like can sims passout and get a decent sleep from that?

- About toilets, aside from making a mess, are there any forms to alleviate one's self besides the flush-n-go mechanics?

- are there any forms of obtaining meat besides fishing and grocery stores? For instance... hunting?

- if i was to remove mailboxes and trashcans from all sim lots, would things still function like they should? (I don't want bills in this world) Would sims be able to cut gems themselves (without the clunky monster that is the Gem-U-Cut?)

- I haven't had the chance to play with an alien yet, what are they like?
  • Simhead666Simhead666 Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    Couldn't you use NRaas Register to effectively turn NPC performers off?

Many of the ideas you are interested in are doable with mods.....MTS is the place to look:

http://www.modthesims.info/index.php?

Aliens are pretty normal, but have Brainpower instead of Energy which they replenish by meditating in a seat or by scoffing space rocks (I kid you not). They also all come with a nifty UFO and have Logic 10, Handiness 7.
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited April 2013
    I would suggest the SimsVIP guides. They are really in depth, especially for the later expansions and can answer most of your questions. Bonfires also can't be used to cook food, but they take up a lot of space anyway. I'd give you more information, but I thik the wind is giving me problems with my internet. But you shold know aliens always have completely black eyes and they have weird robotic sonding voices. They don't need to sleep though.
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, thank you for the information, I realize the bonfires take up a lot of space, and I'm okay with this. The world I'm planning (have a lot of aspects of it sketched, might post a picture of sketches later in a new thread) is a sort of Pleistocene world. It's not set in any specific location world wide, but think of it as a grasslands plains. Ever since I found some of the caveman outfits from Ambitions, I had the desire. Also, now that I've taken a college class on prehistorical details on such, I can use it to create a scene. I've practices with constructions homes with stones before, so caves would be easy. I could edit some _IMG files of rocks for paintings such as the Cave at Lascaux, too. The thing about the alien is supposed to be a sort of time-traveling gimmick. I have a number of the references lined up, and the demographics for the sims is fairly there, too. I'm also experimenting with restricting myself from using all the EP's for people who don't own them all to reach a larger audience. I'm planning on using World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, and University. The others are still usable, but not required. I don't want to officially announce yet another WIP until I can at least get a hold on some of the aspects of the world and some of the parts carved out first.

I'm still curious about the hunting and if there is a legit mod or ability for this. The world is Pleistocene, not Holocene. No dependence on agriculture. (I have some Holocene world ideas, but a lack of ladders, lot arrangement techniques and time to create them)

On another note for a different world I'm working on, the aliens with the spooky noises and black eyes... If I were to give them human-eske clothes and such, think they'd pass off as Elves?
  • Simhead666Simhead666 Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    Dude, if there was a way to blow away 'Bambi Deer' and eat him.....I'd know about it! :lol:

The Weapon System mod will do the first bit.....Now all we need is someone to create a mod that will convert his corpse into venison (Tri-Tip Steak?)! :wink:

The caveman concept sounds kind of cool.....I reckon IP may be useful to you, perhaps wait for the release of the EP (and for Twallan to cast his gaze over it to see what can be done).

Not sure about Aliens as Elves, I don't really like Elves (or Dwarves, or Hobbits).....They're another good use for the Weapon System mod if you ask me! :twisted:
    edited April 2013
    The world would be fairly small, about 26 sims and a few pets. Nothing super spectacular, But i'll have to see how things carve out, I might go a little goofy and include some modern aspects like gyms and such.
  • amamartin999amamartin999 Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    In the next big update why dont you make a smaller village off to the desert where people who were discovered in the desert live.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi. :) You posted in my thread about recolouring dumpsters and your signature caught my eye so I just had to check it out. I'm glad I did. :shock: This is wonderful, the lighting is stunning and the world itself is so detailed. I love it. :D
  • TequilaPervzTequilaPervz Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to keep my eye out for whenever you manage to make your update. I love this idea. :)
  • sims3girlgooroosims3girlgooroo Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    when can u update it so the people who don't have the expansion packs can play this world? :D
  • Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just downloaded this world today and I really like it :) it runs on my computer well, and I am enjoying how different it is from all the other cities I play (mostly EA stuff) :) now I'm busy lurking on the thread to your WIP (which looks stellar)
  • Samosa3Samosa3 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    How did you make the simbot/sim hybrids? :o Nice world:)
  • haindustrialhaindustrial Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I'm totally in love with the world, but every time when I try to play in it my game crashes after 5-10 minutes and makes it impossible to play. D: I don't have this problem in any other worlds I'm playing in. Any options?
  • amamartin999amamartin999 Posts: 14
    edited March 2014
    Soooooooo, is this project canceled?
  • hyperadalinhyperadalin Posts: 53 Member
    Not sure if you are still lingering around or not, but I've got that "loads to 99% and stops" issue going because I do not own Showtime. I'd really love to try out Arcadia because I have been searching for worlds that I can use for my Zombie Apocalypse Challenge. I've been searching, downloading, and uninstalling dozens of worlds because none of them fit what I am looking for. I feel that Arcadia would fit my needs perfectly but it is a shame that I cannot load it.

So anyways it seemed you had plans to update Arcadia two years ago and I was wondering if you were still up for it?
    iTFtswLkyGTNG.png
  • ArielleSaireArielleSaire Posts: 59 Member
    > @hyperadalin said:
    > Not sure if you are still lingering around or not, but I've got that "loads to 99% and stops" issue going because I do not own Showtime. I'd really love to try out Arcadia because I have been searching for worlds that I can use for my Zombie Apocalypse Challenge. I've been searching, downloading, and uninstalling dozens of worlds because none of them fit what I am looking for. I feel that Arcadia would fit my needs perfectly but it is a shame that I cannot load it.
    >
    > So anyways it seemed you had plans to update Arcadia two years ago and I was wondering if you were still up for it?

I was wondering this as well. Arcadia looks PERFECT for the zombie apocalypse challenge! I have been doing the same thing as @hyperadalin looking for the best custom world and was wondering as well if this world was going to be updated any time soon? I also do not own Showtime and get the 99% loading time before it stops. Really hoping this world will be updated! I would love to play it!
    Animated_sims_plumbbob_zpsf02263fe.gif