Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arcadia - A Post Apocalyptic Shanty Amidst the Desert Sun

Comments

• Options
    prettygirlswagg100prettygirlswagg100 Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    siyuuu wrote:
    I downloaded arcadia (amazing job btw) but when i load it it gets stuck like 1 cm away from the done bar!!! GAH SO CLOSEEE!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Any solution? Thanks <3:D

Also the little quick tip things keep going so its not like my game freezes.... **** i wanna play so baaad!!!! HELP! LOL

You might be missing expansion packs. Since the author created the world while using all of the expansion packs, missing any of them can cause issues.

Oh..... that might be why. LOL is there ANYTHING I could do??? Or o i HAVE to get the expansions? :(
  • Options
    mariecookiemariecookie Posts: 138
    edited December 2012
    Thank you so much for this world! It's amazing!
  • Options
    siyuuusiyuuu Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    I've been playing with this world non-stop ever since I downloaded it. The robot couples are hilarious and I spy on them constantly even when playing other households :P Again thank you so much for this amazing world!
  • Options
    LexxieTaniumLexxieTanium Posts: 143
    edited December 2012
    =( I still can't get it to work. :o can someone tell me what expansions they have. I have every thing cept showtime
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Nevermind my last comment i got the expansions for xmas! :)
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited December 2012
    I downloaded this world. It is amazing! Fantastic job!!! :mrgreen: If I could kiss you, I would.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2012
    I installed this world. Thanks for the tip on some of the NRAAS mods. They really help in my medieval worlds too, gives me a lot more control. I'm looking forward to playing this one, I'll probably play a modified challenge type game. Excellent work. If I make any sims for it, I will share here.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    =( I still can't get it to work. :o can someone tell me what expansions they have. I have every thing cept showtime

I had everything but showtime and seasons and then when i got them it worked perfectly :)
  • Options
    albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have a problem, this world is stuck at leoading screen at 99% , I dont have problems with other worlds.... is it because I dont have showtime?
  • Options
    natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I just absolutely died when I saw this because there are hardly any apocalyptic worlds, and this is just the most beautiful ever. Also... Resident Evil is the best- yay Arcadia! I actually started an apocalypse challenge but only got to the second generation..... :lol:
    Anyway, I don't actually have showtime, but I'm totally gonna install this just in case it wants to work without it... I just really, really, really want it!!
    Amazing job on this, seriously! :mrgreen:

And yeah... No one's commented on this in two weeks but oh bother :wink:
  • Options
    natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh **** it stops loading right before it's ready

crying.gif

WHYYYYYYY

Edit: I said p o o p
  • Options
    Money1000125Money1000125 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey everyone, so umm.... yeah. It's been a few months since I've picked up this world. Life has been very busy, stressful situations and what-not. I have free time tonight, so I'll FINALLY (YES FINALLY) Go about updating this world to allow the use of seasons and supernatural (will only be minor, i don't intend for too much changes. I only have about 6 hours to work with this anyways). I'll also look into the issue with it not loading properly (not entirely sure why that is though). I also realize there's a game update as of Feb 19th which seems to have some effect on fog emitters, will look into that. But yeah, I'll crack open this world and take a look at what needs fixing and what needs updating. I don't have university life yet (I barely even had a chance to mess around with seasons or supernatural, like two days, and now ANOTHER comes out. Oi vey.) I'm sorry to say I have made practically zero progress on my other worlds, but on the BRIGHT side, summer is ONLY THREE MORE MONTHS AWAY!! YAAAAAAYYYYY. once again, sorry for the overly late response, I just cannot make the time to check-in as much as i'd want to.

Blame college. Blame architorture.

EDIT: reading through some comments some more, it seems the problem deals with expansion pack requirements. Because of this, I'll keep the world as is, and make a newer version for supernatural, and seasons. Just trying to not force all of you to buy EPs. as always, I'll NEVER use SP or store content (unless free). Thank you for your (rather immense)patience as always.

P.S. Working on the Bright Falls world from Alan Wake sure will be fun with all the spooky weather patterns I'll learn to master. And the magical world will have to be put on hold for awhile, I might make it a smaller version for a beta-release or something. don't expect anything soon. sorry for the inconvenience, time is precious these days.

EDIT 2: so as always, I can't connect to origin and download the patch. will take an hour to download the super patch. Will keep you all posted as this charade progresses.

EDIT 3: so the download will take MOAR than an hour, will probably head to the campus cafeteria for a halfish hour sometime too. I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding what to change with the world. I already prepared for "nuclear winters" by adding fireplaces in the homes. I'll just have to mess around with the zombie apocalypse funniness. Unless this world is blatantly not downloading despite EPs owned, I might not need to change much except for a few updated reccomendations. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

If this world downloads, installs, and plays correctly, tell me how good your system is, and the EP's you own.
    If this world fails to download, install, or play, also inform me about your operating system, and your EP's. I did use the first six in the making of this world.

EDIT 4: Well i'm still clueless how to start a total zombie apocalypse, I keep trying to shove a random sim into a room with one, but it's just bLARRRRg this and Bluuuuhhghhh that. i mean, COME ON! really now. I want zombies. meh. Nuclear winter looks beautiful, I'll be adding a picture for the crash course tour tonight. Some things came up and I'll have to cut this short (the download is literally only half-way complete.) Thank you all for your kind patience, I'll see if I can re-open this during my spring break (once I get university, hopefully).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    UberdubieUberdubie Posts: 26
    edited February 2013
    Works perfectly fine in my game; I have every current expansion and just a few stuff packs. I've been using it since patch 1.42, now using 1.48 (won't upgrade again until a week or so after University comes out just to be safe), and I also have 200 or so mods. So if it works for me, I'm sure it has to do with people not having the correct expansions.

Love everything about this world! The only thing right now I wish I could do more of is build stuff out further away from the town. For example, instead of large stretches of unbuildable land and river-like areas, I wish I could build distant secluded hideouts here and there. Other than this, I trust that you'll add/enhance areas that will further improve the quality of your fine world.

Oh, and I've had a bunch of zombies raid through Arcadia (they ate all my crops!) but only during/right after a full moon. Hope that helps. Thanks again for the incredibly unique world. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That does help, thank you! I'm thinking about opening up the rest of the world for some exploration, too. I originally made it small since I didn't funny understand world creation, and wanted to give myself a smaller area to work with. In short, Yes, I'll be opening up future paths. Maybe add some ruins for some "rebuilding" and "repopulating" nothing too big. world's gotta stay cozy.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Happy to help! And maybe I wasn't clear about the other part. I LOVE how small and compact the town itself is, which is certainly part of its uniqueness and charm IMO.

Even if you didn't "build" anything more far from town per se, I was hoping you could simply make some of the more distant areas buildable when you select "world edit" mode in-game. Because right now, you can't build lots too far from the town. But if you wanted to add some new interesting paths/ruins/other stuff here and there, that would be fantastic as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I also love the vastness of it, I was thinking something along the lines of a small run-down house and gas station (road covered in sand. roads. blegh.) something very similar to a painting I made a few years back. Gas station acts as a hidden tomb, and the house acts as a no-visitors-allowed ordeal. but with a little renovation, could be cool. maybe have a large lot for a run-down farm. maybe put an explorable cavern in one corner, MAYBE a campsite somewhere pretty. nothing too fancy, nothing too distracting. honestly just typing the ideas as I think 'em.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Started the process of adding a smaller area a distance away from Arcadia, nothing too big. Four broken houses, one of them a "Chem" shop (potion consignment). The routable space has grown to be about five or six times as much now, but the emptiness is still very noticable. I don't intend for any other additions as of yet. I'm also not sure ho to implement any of this island paradise future content stuff here.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    A small distance away from the settlement is what was once a minor village. The broken down building has been re-purposed as a chem shack. (uses an elixir register)ChemShack.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Looks PERFECT. Also really appreciate taking advantage of the lots from more recent expansions.

But even more than that, I'm happy to hear the routable space has grown by quite a bit. Really looking forward to seeing more. And thanks for listening to all the feedback!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Heres an image of how the routable area has changed

The Old
    OldRoutingPaint.png

The New
    NewRoutingPaint.png

I think it's something like 4 or 5 times bigger? Fun possibilities all the way out in the desert heat for adventurous players.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well I'm off for now, Progress will be coming to an expected slow. Thank you once again for your patience and help. Until the next time.

Adieu
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Looks exactly like what you first described, which is now a delightfully MASSIVE area. Perfect for what I had in mind.

Again, thank you, and look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'll try to get back to this on Friday, but I have no guarantee.
  • Options
    amamartin999amamartin999 Posts: 14
    edited March 2013
    Is it dead? Also could you a do a grass overlay with forest? Just for me i guess?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This area is a desert, but I'll see if I can work in a small patch of grass in an area. I've been busy with midterms and family issues, so I haven't had much time work on this. thank you for your patience.