Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Essentials & Urban Homage Kits: Now Available

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Oh, my bad then! Thanks for the explanation.
    I don’t have the kit yet but I might get it, I like several of the items including the invisible dance floor and fog machine (which can be convenient for spooky builds as well). And the bar. And the record player shelf. And the disco ball….
    Dianesims wrote: »
    So the fog machine is usable but the dancefloor is only usable if you own Get together, otherwise it just produces fog apparently (just saw that in a video).

I've seen the video you're referencing; the creator seems to have misunderstood. The Dance Floor in Party Essentials is fully functional without owning any other packs. The confusion may be that some specific types of dances are exclusive to other packs, such as the Cowpoke Dance that comes with The Sims 4 Horse Ranch. That's true for every Dance Floor in the game, regardless of which pack it came from.

With music turned on nearby, Dance Floors provide a specific area for Sims to dance, either alone or together with other Sims. They're all about creating a vibrant space for a party where Sims will naturally congregate. The Dance Floor in Party Essentials is invisible because we wanted players to be able to create a fun party atmosphere that would make sense within a Sims' home. And as you noticed, the Dance Floor in Party Essentials even has something new that the others don't - the ability to also create fog, further enhancing your party atmosphere. (That's in addition to the new, functional Fog Machine that also comes with Party Essentials.)

Hope that helps clear things up - enjoy the Kit!

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited April 20
    I really like both kits. I like the diversity of items in the Urban Homage kit, and the party stuff will be good for home parties and discos. I don’t use CC so I really appreciate the kits…. I sure would like to see more stuff packs and kits for Infants,, toddlers, children, teens and elders.

I have seen a lot of people dissing the carnival kit, but my teens love the stuff for formal party wear
    ( they told me so…. lol ), The Party kit will also be great for my teen gatherings. I’m wondering if those sequins and things will be sparkling under that disco ball?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,242 Member
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sounds like the Party Kit is almost a gameplay kit then 🤗
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    edited April 20
    Just got party essentials :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited April 20
    Sounds like the Party Kit is almost a gameplay kit then 🤗

It’s funny, but some of the kits really do seem to add game play. Little campers for children was one that seemed to add extra gameplay for me too, considering I don’t use CC and mods especially.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    The problem with dance floors (all of them) is that Sims tend to dance out of them or mostly just gather in front of the DJ to listen to the music.
  • Options
    edited April 21
    Invisible dancefloor with fog ... isn't it the same thing hidden in Get Together (outdoor parties) ?

qrxyo2uabkj0.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    Invisible dancefloor with fog ... isn't it the same thing hidden in Get Together (outdoor parties) ?

Yes, it basically is.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    I have a question for those who have Party Essentials Kit: Is the cake stand functional? And does it make the cake last longer? I've never seen a functional cake stand in The Sims before. Is this new?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I have a question for those who have Party Essentials Kit: Is the cake stand functional? And does it make the cake last longer? I've never seen a functional cake stand in The Sims before. Is this new?

You can put a cake on it but you can't add candles to it while it's on the stand, you need to add them before placing it there. It doesn't make the cakes last longer. Would have been nice if we could display cupcakes on it too but without the serving plate.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I wasn't going to get either one, until I read this thread. Now, I have to get the Party Essentials Kit...got to have that fog machine! Urban Homage holds no interest for me.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited April 23
    I'm a little surprised by the disco ball not having effects on the walls.

It would be interesting to add some animated light effects on the walls in addition to the existing effects on the floor.

s-l16011.jpg
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    So the fog machine is usable but the dancefloor is only usable if you own Get together, otherwise it just produces fog apparently (just saw that in a video).

I've seen the video you're referencing; the creator seems to have misunderstood. The Dance Floor in Party Essentials is fully functional without owning any other packs. The confusion may be that some specific types of dances are exclusive to other packs, such as the Cowpoke Dance that comes with The Sims 4 Horse Ranch. That's true for every Dance Floor in the game, regardless of which pack it came from.

With music turned on nearby, Dance Floors provide a specific area for Sims to dance, either alone or together with other Sims. They're all about creating a vibrant space for a party where Sims will naturally congregate. The Dance Floor in Party Essentials is invisible because we wanted players to be able to create a fun party atmosphere that would make sense within a Sims' home. And as you noticed, the Dance Floor in Party Essentials even has something new that the others don't - the ability to also create fog, further enhancing your party atmosphere. (That's in addition to the new, functional Fog Machine that also comes with Party Essentials.)

Hope that helps clear things up - enjoy the Kit!

I was gonna say all that too 😤

Always the bridesmaid... :(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    Screenshot-20240426-140928-2.png
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Did anyone else have trouble downloading the Party Essentials kit? I purchased it along with the jewelry stuff pack yesterday. The purchase went fine, and the stuff pack downloaded in just few minutes, but the kit has been downloading for about 24 hours. :|

I've tried both pausing and cancelling the download, but it won't let me do either. I tried logging out and logging back in a couple of times, but it still says "Preparing" as soon as I log back in.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Did anyone else have trouble downloading the Party Essentials kit? I purchased it along with the jewelry stuff pack yesterday. The purchase went fine, and the stuff pack downloaded in just few minutes, but the kit has been downloading for about 24 hours. :|

I've tried both pausing and cancelling the download, but it won't let me do either. I tried logging out and logging back in a couple of times, but it still says "Preparing" as soon as I log back in.

I'm honestly so over this game at this point. I haven't played in months, since the For Rent debacle, but actually had a day off for once, so I thought I'd buy some new content and queue things up yesterday afternoon for a cozy day with the Sims. But oh no, instead I've spent the whole day clearing my cache, logging in and out, restarting the computer... It won't even let me open the game while it's allegedly downloading. Nor can I find any way to delete the kit. And "Help" as usual was no help at all. :| This might finally be the last straw for me, for both TS4 and 5.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »

You can put a cake on it but you can't add candles to it while it's on the stand, you need to add them before placing it there. It doesn't make the cakes last longer. Would have been nice if we could display cupcakes on it too but without the serving plate.

Thank you @crocobaura for replying. I went ahead and purchased the kit. I haven't used the cake stand yet. I wish we could put other bake goods on the cake stand, like cookies and cupcakes (as you mentioned).
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.