Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SHARE YOUR FOR RENT BUILDS!

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Hellooooo Simmers! Later than usual on account of me having had the flu all week but IT IS TIME TO FINALLY BUILD OUR OWN APARTMENTS. And I for one have been craving this for a VERY long time lmao.

Anyway, I'm once again super super excited to see what y'all are gonna build. Perhaps even more so than usual coz I love dropping my sims in apartments so I'm sure imma be downloading some of your stuff! So I do hope to see all your beautiful builds again starting TODAY.

In the meantime, feel free to browse the awesome things simmers have made for Horse Ranch, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, and Discover University. Or look at some renovated apartments here (that last one being more relevant than ever :love:).

HAPPY For Rent Day everyone, and happy building :blush:
ts4-for-rent-media-hero-tile-16x9-02.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I'm glad you're feeling better :)

I shared a couple builds but the other day I decided I did want to make another one.
    NUoM37th.png
    An apartment for vampires, either because you want more vampires or you want to store their food somewhere :* i went the food route.
    7neztekh.png
    93xa8hOh.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 910 Member
    I built this for For Rent last week, but will have to update it so the townhouses are separate units.
    https://youtu.be/o8eGfCrmdkA
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Glad to see this thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Just working on my first rental units lol

It doesn't look like much rn (and tbh, it probably never will xD) but I'm having a lot of fun just making apartments, and I think the color scheme in the pack works pretty well for San Sequoia too, where I've been wanting to see apartments since it released! :blush:

GATi9FT.png
    uaGuVYG.png
    zcxpcmO.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Wow that's beautiful @Mstybl95 !
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    @Mstybl95 very cute, what size lot is it, and where do have it placed?
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @SheriSim57 - it is placed in the spice district in San Myshuno on the lot for The Old Salt House. 30x30
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Here's another. It's an old build that I converted to apartments. In this case, my 2 bestie sims purchased a building that originally had 4 units and then converted them to 2 huge units. I'm happy to finally be able to play this house the way I intended from the start. Of course I forgot the name of the build, it's something like Riverbend CoOp

mgXzE1g.jpg

B42FK9u.jpg

q3RbqHI.jpg

Apartment 1

a9CwzBE.jpg

gtuDDcM.jpg

f6OQYDn.jpg

Wvskis0.jpg

Apartment 2

O34vdhO.jpg

F0rWm1O.jpg

QsDzDK2.jpg

MTrqnT6.jpg

ed71no8.jpg

Bonus moody shot of my willow creek neighborhood

6HpRpLX.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @Mstybl95 , both builds are amazing <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Brindleton Bay building completed!

6 units in total. I've put the Gallery link in my link tree post, but I'll also include it at the end of these pictures!
    20wep067tv0h.png
    td1u9axfbq7t.png
    f6tebod8263z.png
    umi51mdgaggh.png
    2fjr4j4qmvgt.png
    If you're interested, here's the Gallery link!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited December 2023
    Hope you feel better! Mine isn't exactly an apartment building, but I chose to create an Inn for my 18th century save.

qEkDlY4.jpg

Main Floor:
    T7YlNru.jpg

Top Floor:
    2DIXiLk.jpg

With this being more like a hotel, so to speak, I'm hoping it will work. I was pleased that the lease that first came up had set the cost at 1 Simoleon a day, for seven days. I can't imagine travelers to and from would opt to stay more than a night or two. I have no idea if this will even work, but I had to try.

Yes, it's quite the luxurious place, complete with indoor privies! LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited December 2023
    I did a simple renovation of the Screaming Gecko lounge in Tomarang so it can fit on the 20x15 lot in the downtown neighbourhood of Morensong. The original lounge sits on a 20x20 lot in the Koh Sahpa neighbourhood. I kept the original hot tub out on the deck, even though it's a wee bit awkward to be hanging out in a hot tub downtown for all the snoopy neighbours to watch? But hey, this is the Sims afterall, so anything goes.... :D

Both the interior and exterior have been renovated and redecorated using only the base game and For Rent pack:
    Front:
    0M2LzX5.png

Back:
    d18I0G0.png

Available for download on my gallery (see my signature below).

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Not a laerge rental complex, but a Priest's estate with a small house next to gate for tenant(s) helping with the garden and some animals etc. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 part of the rent. Looking forward to play it :) More pics on my blog.

20231210a.jpg

20231210k.jpg

20231210h.jpg

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I have another build to share for Tomarang. I bulldozed the Screaming Gecko lounge lot and replaced it with a splash park so sims can cool off on hot days:

"Jungle Phung Splash Park"
    Lot size 20x20
    Location: Koh Sahpa neighbourhood (next to the bridge that takes you to the tiger sanctuary)
    Packs used: For Rent, Growing Together, Seasons, Island Living, Backyard Stuff

Pics:
    aLD0aWL.png
    Hw7CEkI.png
    IWK90Ux.png

Available for download on my gallery.

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited December 2023
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hellooooo Simmers! Later than usual on account of me having had the flu all week but IT IS TIME TO FINALLY BUILD OUR OWN APARTMENTS. And I for one have been craving this for a VERY long time lmao.

Anyway, I'm once again super super excited to see what y'all are gonna build. Perhaps even more so than usual coz I love dropping my sims in apartments so I'm sure imma be downloading some of your stuff! So I do hope to see all your beautiful builds again starting TODAY.

In the meantime, feel free to browse the awesome things simmers have made for Horse Ranch, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, and Discover University. Or look at some renovated apartments here (that last one being more relevant than ever :love:).

HAPPY For Rent Day everyone, and happy building :blush:
    ts4-for-rent-media-hero-tile-16x9-02.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

I'm sorry, how did we get here?

Edit: Ah, we're back to normal. No need to pay attention to this!
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Your builds are so pretty. Also they’re giving me ideas. Only 3 more days of work this year, then I’ll actually have time to dive into this more fully 👀
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    53368638509_8ca23e132f_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.28.11 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368772250_ab72a6d72d_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.30.22 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

Can someone recreate these rad builds, if only a shell, and put it on the gallery?
    I have yet to get the new pack, but I understand it's not included but I see the two empty lots they belong on.

I have several blocks of victorian row townhouses as well as two blocks of brownstones, and two skyscraper apartment buildings to complete. If I can I will but hoping someone or maxis can uploaded it to the gallery before myself. I'm really not familiar with this style of housing but I would like to keep the world within it's theme.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 6,565 Member
    edited December 2023
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Question to seasoned builders.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    EA_Cade mismerged a thread, EA_Cade is sorry.

I think I got all of the posts merged back here now, please give me a shout if I missed you.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

For inspiration only:

4eb33e1fe281885c338c0e486b4d4a7f58f764b6.jpg

🌴 The Temple in Koh Sahpa 🛕

My first lot decorated with the new expansion! I love the world and the build/buy so much <3
    This temple also has a story. You can find it -> here.
    No mods/no cc used.
    a0a6b17e75043fd0bd8b63f2bf175c02aeb153f0.jpg

Meditation Place
    736eefc9af887ed3190f849a775bcc1a207654b7.jpg
    👇4 more pics below the spoiler
    The shrine
    d974a10d5fd7e3fcf1cda6459cd3e504a7289734.jpg

The Patio
    3a5a9de80a8a3ec136d0ce1833caca10c2ea8a86.jpg

Massage room
    cef8048cc45ee6e981aeaed44c2d54d34d9f8035.jpg

Hot tub
    fc458c86104f08195a57aa750957a5eed30877b3.jpg
    👆
    Kitchen (Slow Cooker is functional!)
    0bbfae8d5d5064c5c563792d2877d7c292a26a77.jpg

And the garden where arturo pots and sells the saplings.
    7647f8c2198e7d34c6fec275df3b497617efe5a2.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Just working on my first rental units lol

It doesn't look like much rn (and tbh, it probably never will xD) but I'm having a lot of fun just making apartments, and I think the color scheme in the pack works pretty well for San Sequoia too, where I've been wanting to see apartments since it released! :blush:

GATi9FT.png
    uaGuVYG.png
    zcxpcmO.png

Now, see those colorful lines? That's what happened to my build just yesterday. The entire top floor was transparent. I'm really miffed about it, too. I build to relax, but if part of the building is going to disappear, what is the point? Nice job on your build, so far.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Whoops, my previous pictures weren't here when I started this. Dulicate!