Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Chef Hustle Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited October 2023
    One thing I've just noticed... I was a little confused when my Sim, who's maxed out Cooking, was unable to make Heart's Desire Waffles or the Pleasantly-Unpleasant Waffles. Once she'd made some batter with the mixer, she got the option to make those recipes. There was a similar thing with the pizza oven, where she was unable to make the Artful Focaccia or the Curious Pizza. So I'm guessing, for some reason, you need pre-made batter/dough for those recipes, unlike the other recipes (for level 8 Cooking and below) where you don't have to have the batter/dough. Has anyone else noticed the same thing??
    edited to add: seems like you also need the prepped veggies for the Artful Focaccia. I don't know why those two recipes require you to have all the ingredients on hand, whilst the others don't.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    PR3f8dIh.png
    dxY443Th.png
    I found the mysterious bagger and did it twice, she paid for it but I found they don't sell for anything just like the cups of tea even though sims will take them.
    fb0htiTh.png
    I tested dragon's breath ice cream it didn't cause a fire but I don't know if I was lucky or if they fixed it, it has been a long time since I had sims eat it inside, sells well.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    OMG, I'm so tempted to try the pufferfish nigiri mass poisoning! But I'm playing a 100 baby challenge, and at this point, half the town is related to my sim. I'd probably end up killing some of her grandkids! :#
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

I was the victim of this sadly, as a nectar making stan in Sims 4 :cry:
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @RedDestiny92 I've spotted a few sims putting down a lunch bag after making a purchase, it surprised me too it's a realistic touch that some would take their goods in a bag
    Started a new save in Henford and my sim seems to be making the most money from her homemade jams. 55 simoleans a jar seems pricey to me but she sold out completely. Milk from her cow and homemade cheese also fly off the shelf.
    The little sales table looks totally at home in the town square near the other vendors.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Ok, so here's the thing: I bought it.

My initial plan was not to buy this pack. At least not right away, because, let's face it, my sims are more skilled in the bedroom than in the kitchen. What I'm really saying is this: if there's hearts to be made, they're not necessarily going to be made out of waffle mix. Let's leave it at that.

The twist: I did buy it...not because I accidentaly sneezed - as per usual- no, I did "acquire" it through a game of ...something similar to Russian Roulette, (am I even allowed to say this here? if not, let's just pretend I didn't ) but with the EA app. Let's just call it EA App Roulette. Long story short since no one asked:

I wanted to renew my EA Play membership for the year. It didn't work. App wouldn't accept the payment card. I tried on several devices, different browsers. Nope. Then I figured...Hmmm, someone got paid but someone's obviously still broke. Fair enough. After doing the necessary research I learned that this was not the case. Conclusion: EA App just doesn't like me as a person. Totally understand. No hard feelings.

So here's me thinking to meself, what if I buy something directly from the app, without renewing this membership- would it work? What are the chances?
    I catch myself staring at the cover art to Home Chef Hustle, which happens to be displayed on the app. It's a wee tenner, so I absentmindedly click "buy" and it -insert forbidden word- works! BOOM! EA App accepts the card this time around! Flabbergasted so I am. That's either two kits you never bought or one Dark & Stormy you're not allowed to order at the bar next weekend Captain Sir, ye big buffoon!!

Then... I think to meself, you know what, let's just roll with this nonsense, I won't renew my membership EA, ye can shove it up yer cute peach, because to be fair-the only thing i buy through this app is Sims related stuff, I don't really have time to play other EA Play games since my Steam library is stocked with a bunch of great games that I haven't even had time to complete! I'm not exactly a "Gamer". I'm a very casual game appreciator. Sometimes I just want to shoot monsters and sometimes I just want to burn house. Sometimes I just want to stare at moving objects. That's it.

Truth be told, I like many things about this pack. I'm very happy to have it in my library, now that it's in my library.
    Here's why:

Yes. Perfectly timeless maid outfit, and the hair goes excellent with that look. This lovely lady lives in my Old West save, but I could easily send her off to medieval times and no one would bat an eyelid.

Medieval-Maid.jpg

And this one. Don't mess with this one. Her hair is awesome and the version without the bandana is just as awesome. (Outfit from Get Famous).

Braids.jpg

Here's one of my handsome brothers. Lurv the bandana'ed hair. That's quality. Lurv it. (Outfit from Spooky Things).

Pirate.jpg

And...

Bonus Cupcake. Ok, OK, it's super cute, sheesh.
    But only from behind.

Cupcake.jpg

I did try the waffle maker which burst into flames and killed one of my sims. Not super positive but at least I got a good chuckle out of that one.
    Back to the bedroom. πŸ˜‡
    Just kidding. We wants a pinapple pizza first and we're going to make it from scratch.

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I love these cross-pack details!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I like the most of the new objects and will use them often (sadly not the counters, we have better ones)
    98c4a93d5be74351c2d405ea12428013f6e4ac33.jpg

The sink is my favourite now of all ingame sinks we have so far 🚿
    6ccc714516bd0c2af7486b3ee98ac0ab4ff9cf0c.jpg

The animation of pizza baking and the stove is awesome πŸ”₯
    72e66c3f74670f2ab0581ea3b5af70f781aad3a5.jpg

And I like the variety of pizze and focacce πŸ•
    9c61a463975256b4b26e77b235a89944193dfed1.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    ad3hYWB.png
    My first time using sales table.
    I have no idea is this part of it or just random thing what just happened to happen at same time,
    but right after Marcus Flex closed the table, she started crying in front of it. It was sad but cute :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Guess she really wanted some baked goods. :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really like that the game notices that you are selling plasma to vampires or raw meat to werewolves. In the middle of a save now but it would be fun to run a plasma stall.
  • Options
    SimmingBee90SimmingBee90 Posts: 24 Member
    Okay, so I don't hate any packs. Personally. To me they all add something but Home Chef Hustle is really delightful! Very happy with it and I built a home "made" for it. In the sense that I kind of a have a loose storyline and im making an adorable family to play it out with. Super Happy!
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2023
    Another thing I really like about this pack is the ability to sell individual food items at the table and actually watch Sims pick up and eat what they’ve purchased. Several Sims actually took a seat at one of the picnic tables to enjoy their tasty treat.

My ranchers Chayton, Savanah and their dog, Bear, went to Magnolia Blossom park to set up their food stand. Everyone seemed to love the variety of cupcakes, ice cream with toppings and honey cake that Savanah spent all night making.

Bake-Sale.png

Bake-Sale-2.png

I used the new shelves to spruce up Bear's area.
    Bear-s-area.png
    Before Chayton, Savanah and Bear decide to head back to the ranch, they are enjoying marshmallow time.
    Relaxing.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The pack looks fun and I will probably get it next time I update the game.