Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2023 (Emergency Patch Now Live))

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member

I saw some photos of this and it made my skin crawl. No lie. Sims look super creepy!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited April 2023

Dear watcher I beg you not this
    I haven't even looked at my pre existing sims yet they better not be up to this
    I am not replacing these billion sims I have just when I got their likes and dislikes and everything set up
    if they been up to this it better not be permanent
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I played for two hours yesterday and didn't notice the face bug. Perhaps I should pay more attention to my Sims.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Argh mine have it nooooooooo
    I do have backup save and I've just been building so not much lost progress if I go backwards
    I hope its fixed soon and it is not going to be one of those ''all old saves have this'' bugs because I just might lose my mind
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Argh mine have it nooooooooo
    I do have backup save and I've just been building so not much lost progress if I go backwards
    I hope its fixed soon and it is not going to be one of those ''all old saves have this'' bugs because I just might lose my mind

And that’s exactly why I haven’t opened up EA App yet because I know it’ll auto update and who knows when they will fix this. They could make it so only NEWLY generated Sims are fixed. And any Sim already in your game is stuck with a cursed appearance. I do not want to deal with that stress of manually editing everyone.
  • Options
    TartosanVigneronTartosanVigneron Posts: 24 Member
    I'm seeing reports that the bug that makes plants randomly revert to dirt piles has gotten worse :neutral:
  • Options
    I'm seeing reports that the bug that makes plants randomly revert to dirt piles has gotten worse :neutral:

Lol what’s worse than dirt? They disappear entirely?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    Maxis: Creating A More Inclusive Gaming Experience

https://www.ea.com/news/maxis-creating-a-more-inclusive-gaming-experience
    The survey also found that 43-percent of players are members of the LGBTQIA+, community compared to the U.S. national average of 9-percent.

The Sims™ 4 Becomes the Most Widely Played Game in the 23 Year History of the Franchise With More Than 70 Million Players Worldwide

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2023/The-Sims-4-Becomes-the-Most-Widely-Played-Game-in-the-23-Year-History-of-the-Franchise-With-More-Than-70-Million-Players-Worldwide/default.aspx
    The Sims 4 has also since experienced global expansion with 75-percent of new unique players based outside of North America in growth areas including Brazil, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Poland.
  • Options
    The survey also found that 43-percent of players are members of the LGBTQIA+, community compared to the U.S. national average of 9-percent.

but um... based on what? how would they know what players sexuality is anyway :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

but um... based on what? how would they know what players sexuality is anyway :sweat_smile:

In one of their surveys I was asked directly.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Does anyone know if the face bug affects sims on saved on the gallery and savefiles we haven't opened yet? I installed the patch, but now I'm thinking maybe I'll be ok if I just don't touch my gameplay save files and simply build stuff. I just don't know if it's worth staying away from my games or if the harm is done anyways.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Does anyone know if the face bug affects sims on saved on the gallery and savefiles we haven't opened yet? I installed the patch, but now I'm thinking maybe I'll be ok if I just don't touch my gameplay save files and simply build stuff. I just don't know if it's worth staying away from my games or if the harm is done anyways.

I wouldn't open any precious save while this is a thing I have flashbacks from the aging bug
    I did already go into my save before this bug was found out
    but luckily i've just been building so I can pull my backup save and transfer the builds over once this is solved
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I played for several hours yesterday and didn't see any issues, but maybe I was just lucky. Knowing this is a thing makes me not want to open my game again until it's fixed though, just to be safe.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I played for several hours yesterday and didn't see any issues, but maybe I was just lucky. Knowing this is a thing makes me not want to open my game again until it's fixed though, just to be safe.

its most noticeable when you go on cas with any existing household and change teeth to one with gap
    if theres no gap in teeth congrats you have it

but yes don't open any important saves is good idea
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited April 2023
    Is anyone still playing with their saves? I’ve put off playing for a few days but I’m getting a little impatient waiting for a fix. I haven’t saved my main save since before the update, so I don’t know whether I should continue to wait it out or not.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    Is anyone still playing with their saves? I’ve put off playing for a few days but I’m getting a little impatient waiting for a fix. I haven’t saved my main save since before the update, so I don’t know whether I should continue to wait it out or not.

Nope, I've not dared to open my game at all - (im)patiently awaiting the patch, and trying to get to grips with Planet Zoo in the meantime :D
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Agh the official language

so in less complicated language this means that your old sims will be back to normal?

so that also applies to saves not opened during this time but old save?

now what the rest is about

sims created during the bug being active might look different without bugged features? or did they change something
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

so in less complicated language this means that your old sims will be back to normal?

sims created during the bug being active might look different without bugged features? or did they change something

I'm confused as well.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

@Simmingal Yes, they say that old Sims (Sims made before you updated to the April 18th patch) will go back to normal, and Sims that were newly created (after you updated your game to the April 18th patch) might look a little bit different after the fix.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    It’s hard to be patient waiting for the face bug fix. I’m so thankful the team is working on it. Trying not to play any serious saves until it’s fixed.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    haneul wrote: »

@Simmingal Yes, they say that old Sims (Sims made before you updated to the April 18th patch) will go back to normal, and Sims that were newly created (after you updated your game to the April 18th patch) might look a little bit different after the fix.

Bingo.

Anything created pre patch will look like they should once the fix is released, anything created post patch will look a little different after the fix.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

Nope, I've not dared to open my game at all - (im)patiently awaiting the patch, and trying to get to grips with Planet Zoo in the meantime :D

Haha, I’ve tried getting into my other games, but I miss my sims so much! :D Since it looks like the fix is going to take a little longer than I thought, & our sims should go back to the way they were, I might just go ahead & play tonight. :D
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,403 Member
    SimmerErin's latest video provides commentary on the face bug glitch and official responses on the Answers HQ Bug Report site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOs9gffw50A
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464