Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share #60-61--Introducing... Sim Libs!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited August 2010
    Name:

Link to the posted asset (link to lot): na

Link to media (required for judging): (click the first picture to bring up the larger image and description. Then just click next to continue in order through the album.)
    http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ciane/new/Happy Home/

Optional Challenges entered?: Yes, the pictures are in a seperate album in the Happy Home album. (I might play the family some more and add a few more pictures and create a better story before the deadline tomorrow, and I might not.)

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ciane/new/Happy Home/the family in the house/

Constructive Criticism?: No.

Experience level: Intermediate

Lot Name: Happy Home

Lot address, size, and final cost: 180 Redwood Parkway, Sunset Valley, 40x30, 99,985

Details and Rational:
    The Peters are an eccentric family with 3 sons, who are spaced 15 years apart. They lived in the suburbs of Sunset Valley for 22 years, but decided to move closer to the beach (for the beautiful vista) 3 months ago when Ms. Peters received 75k simoleans (from her parent's life insurance policies). They want a happy 3-bedroom home with a calm, crème kitchen and a cool bath. They also want 3 teal easels set up (as their oldest son is an avid painter and loves the blue-green teal color). In addition to the oldest son favorite teal/turquoise, the mom's favorite color is blue and the others' are white (middle son), aqua (dad), and Irish green (toddler). When the artistic designer was told to have a "pale" day, it was understood to mean that they did not want a too bright a color palette. With the additional 25k simoleans in this excitable budget that Ms. Peters ran from her chair to get when their old house sold, the new home was prepared at 15 simoleans under budget (for a grand total of 99,985 simoleans).

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used:
    paintings OM at Indigo,
    dining chairs claeric,
    decal-free kid's stove Haru at MTS
  • Options
    jeaniniiiieeeejeaniniiiieeee Posts: 92 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Thank you _Princess_Natasha_ for your compliments. I totally agree the house needs more decorations, but I kinda over did things with the size of the house. Killing my budget in the process. ):
  • Options
    tristarintristarin Posts: 650 Member
    edited August 2010
    Unfortunately, I ran out of time to finish my build.
    Everyone did such a creative job working with their stories!
    It was a great idea. I may complete mine on my own just for fun.
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2010
    Just wanted to give everyone a sneak peek at the next challenge!

bns_week62a.jpg
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited August 2010
    That doesn't make me curious at all anju! LOL ;)

jeaniniiiieeee: It is exceptionally easy to make the house too big and end up with very few coins left for decorating! I think that is one reason why Addict and anju like budgets so much! HEHE Great job tho! And you are welcome!
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2010
    Name: Tamlyn

Link to the posted asset (link to lot): Not uploading atm, will try again later.

Link to media (required for judging): http://tamlynsims.livejournal.com/9803.html

Optional Challenges entered?: I created a family, they're included in the pictures. There aren't a huge number of pictures of them though.

Constructive Criticism?: Please.

Experience level: Intermediate-Advanced

Lot Name: Samson Villa

Lot address, size, and final cost: er.. some place >> It was around $127k (it depreciated a little when I moved to the family in, but it was under budget)

Details and Rational: I've put the story and my rational in the actual media.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: A few bits of transferred stuff I presume is from TSR. It's all in the bathroom, I'm pretty sure.
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited August 2010
    Tamlyn wrote:

Link to the posted asset (link to lot): Not uploading atm, will try again later.

Link to media (required for judging): http://tamlynsims.livejournal.com/9803.html

Optional Challenges entered?: I created a family, they're included in the pictures. There aren't a huge number of pictures of them though.

Constructive Criticism?: Please.

Experience level: Intermediate-Advanced

Lot Name: Samson Villa

Lot address, size, and final cost: er.. some place >> It was around $127k (it depreciated a little when I moved to the family in, but it was under budget)

Details and Rational: I've put the story and my rational in the actual media.

Credit to any simmers for custom content you used: A few bits of transferred stuff I presume is from TSR. It's all in the bathroom, I'm pretty sure.

Looked at the lot, and its really cool. I love the split level idea (wish i had had the skill and brains for that :x) anyway I really enjoyed your hilarious family story and the idea that the boys want to lock their brother in the basement! yours is definitely the most imaginative family to date. Good Luck! :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Tamlyn: I think you carried out the specifics of your family better than most of us! (Yes I did just include myself in that! LOL) LOVE the kitchen! Very different and literal! LOL The fuzzy bunny idea is just hilarious in a good way! The bathroom is amazing! LOL The story about the family is pretty funny! They want to lock their brother in the basement! HEHEHE Great job! Lots of hard work!
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited August 2010
    Tamlyn wrote:

That is one cool bathroom! Great job with your house and family! :thumbup:
  • Options
    JoubertCGJoubertCG Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Anjubee wrote:
    Just wanted to give everyone a sneak peek at the next challenge!

bns_week62a.jpg
    Looks Interesting, can't wait to see what we'll be doing with those items. :)
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks everyone :)
    It was definately fun to make
  • Options
    LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the comments Natasha - I totally agree about my photos! I tried to take them in cameraman mode, but struggled a bit with it - I also took them before I evicted the husband, as I played through the final pregnancy, and only realised he was in some of the photos when I came to add my media. I'd spent so long on it I think I got irritated and just thought "Oh that'll do!"
  • Options
    sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    edited August 2010

sjsimmy02: Entry way to the home has amazing architectural value! Were all of the bright colors part or your Sim Libs ramifications? You did great with them! I like! The yard is well put together! Something I still cannot seem to get right! Great job overall!

Thanks _Princess_Natasha_ ! The entry way is secretly my favorite part of the house! :) I struggle so much with the yards in the Sims. I am not much for landscaping as I usually live somewhere without a yard. The colors were a result of the Sim Libs. I just wanted to give everyone a room reflecting their own personality. Reading over the Sim Libs, my client seemed like the type to really want a house with personality! :)
  • Options
    PollySimPollySim Posts: 578 New Member
    edited August 2010

PollySim: Hello again!!! I always love the exterior architecture of your builds! And this one does not disappoint!!! The drive way and entry way is amazing!!! The dinning room turned out well! The musical room is very creative! Great job all around! You're building and decorating skills are improving! Also, the kitchen was very gray and lovely! :) You pulled off the requests of the family very well!

Hey there, Princess_Natasha.

What a huge amount of work you put in - both in your own build and in the feedback you provide others with.

Thanks for your continued encouragement, it means a lot. I love the music bedroom also. That pattern was a real find and formed the theme totally.

I love your house with it's evil, insane theme. The scull and crossbones pattern works really well. The pink in the kitchen is a great touch - not too much to offend any serious minded evil sim but just enough. The lilac and turquoise themeis a tricky one to make work but I think you managed well. You have some great CC. I LOVE the topiary animals in the yard. That waterfall and the pond are also great touches which I think really make the outside work.

Ok, I should go. I would love to give more feedback but I am actually on holiday right now and should really be sitting on the balcony drinking a G&T!!

Thanks again,

Px
  • Options
    PollySimPollySim Posts: 578 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the comments Natasha - I totally agree about my photos! I tried to take them in cameraman mode, but struggled a bit with it - I also took them before I evicted the husband, as I played through the final pregnancy, and only realised he was in some of the photos when I came to add my media. I'd spent so long on it I think I got irritated and just thought "Oh that'll do!"

Leebeejeebee,

I laughed when I read this as it sounded so like me. In both this entry and the last one, I ended up just giving up on photos as I got myself into such a fancle. In the love shack assignment, I tried taking pics to make into a story but just as I was starting, totally randomly, my sim version of my BF turns up at their front door and the girl sim starts flirting like crazy. I couldn't get him to leave and he was causing a real argument. Then the fire caused three different house fires. In the end, I just bashed up a few pictures and gave up.

This time, I got so confused about what pictures were works in progress and which ones were completed articles, then I kept taking pics in build mode with the grid and had to go through Photobucket deleting them and taking new shots. I am sure I had more pictures of things like the sitting room and dining room but I deleted and re-uploaded so many times that I couldn't face it anymore.

Mind you, at least this time I had no visits from my Sim BF!

Px
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    arasd3313arasd3313 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited August 2010
    arasd3313: The exterior architecture is do die for! Great job! The colors in the kitchen are lovely; I think you pulled off the request well. Some of your rooms feel empty. I like the way you did the stairs! They are symmetrical in a way! LOL The nursery is fantastic! I like the addition of a girl's bedroom, just in case. The back yard is to die for!

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it :D Haha I didn't plan my budget very well, after spending so much time on the outside of the house and furniture I didn't have much left for those finishing touch decorations! I'll have to watch that better in the future. I wish I could get my lot uploaded for this one, I really like the way it turned out.

Edit: I'm trying to quote you, but I cant figure it out. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    arasd3313 wrote:
    arasd3313: The exterior architecture is do die for! Great job! The colors in the kitchen are lovely; I think you pulled off the request well. Some of your rooms feel empty. I like the way you did the stairs! They are symmetrical in a way! LOL The nursery is fantastic! I like the addition of a girl's bedroom, just in case. The back yard is to die for!

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it :D Haha I didn't plan my budget very well, after spending so much time on the outside of the house and furniture I didn't have much left for those finishing touch decorations! I'll have to watch that better in the future. I wish I could get my lot uploaded for this one, I really like the way it turned out.

Edit: I'm trying to quote you, but I cant figure it out. :(

When you quote someone you have to make sure you are putting what you type out side of the
    "quote" in brackets thingy! :) Hope that helps! I too wish I could get my lot to upload! I also wish I could get store items to load to my launcher! Sometimes I really hate the Sims! LOL (For some reason my quote doesn't want to work now! LOL)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to start with beginner and come back later for the rest!!!

Beginner

Angelnga169: Great job on making the exterior bright! The interior is bright in the red, orange, purple-pink, and green rooms! Maybe the house should have been smaller, at least in the living room area... there seems to so little furniture and so much space!!! I really like the oriental room! Green room is nice too! Very insane house! Lots of different rooms! Great job! Black and white goth room is interesting.

Leebeejeebee: I like the different shades of blue! I have an OCD issue and tend to make mine too much the same! Good job! Family room has lots of furniture! Nice job! Very cozy and pretty in there! Great job with the icy purple kitchen! The green boy's room is nice! Would have liked to see more of the nursery and master bedroom! You could really use a few more photos!

PollySim: Hello again!!! I always love the exterior architecture of your builds! And this one does not disappoint!!! The drive way and entry way is amazing!!! The dinning room turned out well! The musical room is very creative! Great job all around! You're building and decorating skills are improving! Also, the kitchen was very gray and lovely! :) You pulled off the requests of the family very well!

Beginner-Intermediate

Bluuin: The exterior architecture and color is amazing! That had to take forever! That kitchen is crazy awesome! Some times there just seems to be too little furniture or too little detail. The interior architecture is fantastic. The walls are strange! Were you doing that to match the family? Good job if you were!

jeaniniiiieeee: The basement floor is pretty wild and amazing! Great job! Love the architecture and overall look of the exterior! Where is the art work on the walls in the blue bedroom? I like Leah's bathroom. Is that like a snake skin pattern? Pretty wild! Where are the window coverings? Small details like this and wall art make a BIG difference! :D Some of the rooms feel empty. The orange gnomes are too cute!

JoubertCG: I like the overall layout. I like the Ye Ol Sim theme room. Great job!

Lewisj12: The rooms are too large for the amount of furniture in them! I don't like empty feeling rooms! :( That green in the kitchen and dinning is awesome! The upstairs balcony adds some architectural value to your house.

mgolden27: Absolutely amazing! Just wish there was more photos! :( You have a pretty big house and only 28 pictures! Great job tho!!!

SerithRei: Once again, congrats on the change of category! I don't know what room it is, but it is done blue, very pretty, except did you not recolor the rug? :( Doesn't match the rest of the room and looks like one of the basic rugs. Might be part of your family's requests, tho, so not sure what is going on! Very spooky on the outside! Love the laundry room; lots of extra stuff. Love the (guessing here) red entry way! Kitchen is interesting. As is the dinning! The rug in the (guessing again) mater bed doesn't look recolored either. Plenty of high quality amazing pictures! Keep up the great work!

SillyCailey: AMAZING! The angled and straight walls are fantastic! Love the overall color scheme and what you did with the floors! The living room is gorgeous! The nursery is completely adorable! The pillow seems out of place being red. I'm completely in love with the dark blue and white bedroom! Wish I could have it in real life! HEHE I want the bathroom as well! Before I give you a 200 page novel about how much I love your house I'll just say this: I'll be shocked if you don't place for this house! Great job!!!

sjsimmy02: Entry way to the home has amazing architectural value! Were all of the bright colors part or your Sim Libs ramifications? You did great with them! I like! The yard is well put together! Something I still cannot seem to get right! Great job overall!

xxmccxx: The shape is absolutely unique and wonderful! Lots of landscape details! That is a lot of red! HEHE The green bins are like the mysterious Mr. Gnome... never know where they are! HEHE Cute! Great build, landscape, and overall decorating!

Intermediate

golden_glow: Such beautiful, light landscaping. Love the closet in the entry; gives a realistic touch. Master bedroom is fantastic. Love the closet there. Great job, as always!

zachofblades: Lots of amazing little details! Lots of architectural and design value. Love the arched bridge. Fantastic job in general!

Intermediate-Advanced

Adler 900: Your media doesn't want to work for me; will try again later.

Anartistica: The architecture of our house is definitely insane! Great job! The ice cold bathroom is amazing. Great job on a hungry kitchen! Love those counter tops! I like the use of the slide indoors. Very creative!

ciaracaff: Love the exterior architecture and interior design! Always a pleasure to view pictures of you builds! I like the creative "undecorated" room!

Kiarane:
    Oh NOOOOOO! i would love to hear your feedback. Try and visit my page and then access them from there! It works for me, and i hope for everyone else, so keep trying Please!! I would really like some constructive feedback. I can't believe your rating everyones home! Thats a brill idea!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Does my media work for everyone else?? Because it doesn't seem to be working for _Princess_Natasha_?? I really cant wait for her feedback, but its not working for her?? :cry::cry::cry: AND theres a time difference of 10 WHOLE HOURS between us,so it'll be tomorrow before i suppose she'll have it done. _princess_natasha_ please don't skip mine and continue, try the link and if not, access them from the page!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited August 2010
    I want to wish everyone luck and say Congrats! I am not going to be able to finish my lot due to Real Life and procrastination. I will finish it and upload it later to the Exchange.
  • Options
    JoubertCGJoubertCG Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2010
    ADLER900 wrote:
    Does my media work for everyone else?? Because it doesn't seem to be working for _Princess_Natasha_?? I really cant wait for her feedback, but its not working for her?? :cry::cry::cry: AND theres a time difference of 10 WHOLE HOURS between us,so it'll be tomorrow before i suppose she'll have it done. _princess_natasha_ please don't skip mine and continue, try the link and if not, access them from the page!

Media worked for me.

Few thoughts:

Stove seems very out of place.

Life Preserver in the lower bath...sorta takes away from the elegance.

Not sure I understand the pool rules sign on the upper floor.

Upper bath...too big/too empty.

Like the water feature in back.
    Also really like the entry and master bedroom.

• Options
    Dreamer90Dreamer90 Posts: 718 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Time is almost up and I'm still not finished :cry: and I was so lucky with my story...

Good job everyone else.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    JoubertCG wrote:
    ADLER900 wrote:

Media worked for me.

Few thoughts:

Stove seems very out of place.

Life Preserver in the lower bath...sorta takes away from the elegance.

Not sure I understand the pool rules sign on the upper floor.

Upper bath...too big/too empty.

Like the water feature in back.
    Also really like the entry and master bedroom.
    Thanks for the feedback! I love the Life preserver though, cause ive seen some real bathrooms with them, you know creating the nautical, fun element (there are three boys) i dont want to be tooooo serious, but oh well! yep, i created two Chopanic Wood houses, and uploaded the wrong one, so there are a couple of glitches and stuff! Yep, the stove is COMPLETELY out of place, **** it!!! Thanks for liking the fountain and stuff. I chose the Pool Rules sign, because there are blue colours and shapes to stimulate the babys mind, and it is a quirky feature i added in the room, cause the budget was stretching tight!!! same with the upper bath! With three boys, i wanted a no clutter, easy to clean space, but ye, a little too big for my liking. I'm kinda a minimalist, so i get that it may not appeal to many, but this is my first challenge, so i hope to progress with the next one. Thanks so much for the feedback though what did you think of the exterior? Thats where i try to focus my style. Hope it worked for you. Much appreciated feedback! :lol: also, i just added photobucket shots, and edited the link to my entry form blog, just for added pics. Hope i'm not too0o late!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ADLER900: I finally got the link to work! Sometimes the Sims site acts up and links need to be tried again, after a period of time! You seemed to really want feed back so I went all out! And I love to look at people's builds and give feed back. I've learned a lot and I hope I've taught a few things to a few people! :D

For everyone else, look on page 19, I'm going to continue all of my comments there, rather than in my usual 50 posts! LOL

Sorry to hear about those who didn't finish! Would have loved to see your work!