Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I’m Curious: Which are your favourites?

Which occults are your favourites and do you have any in play right now?

I’m Curious: Which are your favourites? 123 votes

Vampire
15%
IcewolfncisGibbs02cchant86SavorySagegreydonnemerekiwi84Adria22Saga-MinxLiELFRedShoe7Nephesh_SpiritLairaTTNsimmerhaisinSimmingalKimmerTempest329Breathe_No_More 19 votes
Aliens
3%
DevSims91SweetieWright_84GlacierSnowPandoraTO 4 votes
Spellcasters
30%
CK213bshag4lvOneAdorkableGirlJadeleineOolonglongrudolphaElnVldkerryemmiebethMariefoxprice83alanmichael1Lustianiciaashcrash19vampyreluciaSerendipity38mannannablueyblueskyDaraviannaliese39cynciesillyangel0906 37 votes
Werewolves
8%
fruitsbasket101mitchiebanjoCAPTAIN_NXR7AstroLady_BalloraDaepheneamber_ilumireDaWaterRatEleriskip 10 votes
Humans
37%
crocobauraBluegayleGalacticGallori171957grevilliabluebandit5AlexaiColorist40MonaSolstraaleTheSpotted_CLavasm77elanorbretonsimgirl1010freindlylolFlashMarkergoodcakebaker62monjr8302Lizzychicagoddsims3worldChampandGirlie 46 votes
Other (Mermaids, Bots, Ghosts…)
5%
julienrob2004Sara1010PKathykinsDaniRose2143Stina1701AZazzyKittynmightysprite 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Other simply because I like Vampires and Humans equally.
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 792 Member
    Spellcasters
    Gameplay-wise my favourite ones are spellcasters. However, I played a whole legacy with aliens too, so I'd really like to vote for them both if I could!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 8
    Vampire
    No one would have ever guessed I choose this option not even the best fortune tellers on these forums could have guessed.
    So very out of character it is... 🦇

I feel like with other occults I just have to work bit harder to make them my occults vampires are already my best pals
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    Vampire
    As in occults: Vampires then.

But mostly I play with Humans, who are also part of the poll, which i find a bit confusing, since they aren't occults. I would have voted for them, if it was a question about who are your favorites in genreal.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Aliens
    I don’t have vampires, spellcasters or werewolves at all, though. I’m open to the idea that, if I had a chance to play them, I might like vampires more than I assume I would. But as it is now, aliens are what I’m about when I want to play with occults.

Currently, one of the 100 Baby Challenge teens in my household is an alien. Her name is Juno. (I name them alphabetically, and she’s the third “J.”) She’s about to get aged up and booted out, though. I’ll miss her! 😢
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Werewolves
    I love all the occults, but Werewolves take the top spot for me.
    I’m just really glad EA takes diversity and representation seriously. I finally feel I’m being heard, especially during a full moon.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Humans
    I play more with these.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Humans
    I'm only human
    Of flesh and blood I'm made
    Human
    Born to make mistakes

-Brought to you by The Human League
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcastera & werewolves. Had to pick one but I like them both equally.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Vampire
    I have a soft spot for vampires. Maybe because of all the Anne Rice books I read when I was a teen.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Aliens
    I like them all even though I rarely play with occults in general. I do find myself gravitating toward aliens because I find it easier for them to "blend in" with the rest of my sims.
    I haven't played the game much in recent months but my go-to family, the Xalvadors, have a few aliens in the mix. My founder, Orion, is an alien and 1 of his 4 kids is an alien. He also has one grandchild who is an alien. I've mentioned this family numerous times here on the forums.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Humans
    The old MK1, mod 0 human. Have a couple of spellcasters but forget which save(s) they are in.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Werewolves
    I prefer to play spellcasters, but Werewolves are probably my favorite Occult in terms of development and depth... I just find it hard to give up all the spell cheats. :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Spellcasters
    Actually I like all the above. Also, I've given many of my sims more than one occult trait with full powers & abilities. :p;)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Spellcasters
    I love spellcasters because you have the choice to use magic or not.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 10
    Spellcasters
    Humans, Spellcasters and Vampires are my favorites. I voted for Spellcasters because they have the most going on. They can learn many spells, they can get special magical familiar pet, they can make potions, they have pointy ears option, CAS has the extra fantasy eyes available for them. They get many good perks as they get better etc. Vampires come close second, they have lot of beneficial traits and perks too. And you can make them look like mix match of human and vampire by adding just glowy fantasy eyes and vampire make up, dressing them in modern clothes makes really awesome storyline. I like all of the occults, but i placed them in this order based on how much gameplay they bring and how much you can mold them in the CAS when creating them. Mermaids are nice too, but the fantasy eyes are not availabe in CAS for their normal form so thats not good for being creative. They were first but maybe due to some clitch or something they no longer available for mermaids so they just look like humans which takes away that occultims vibe.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited March 10
    Humans
    I mostly play with humans. But I have a couple of spellcasters. And one of my human sims has tsken a liking to an Alien, another has tsken a liking to a mermaid.and one of the vampires in the game has taken a certain liking to the blood of one of my humans, lol…
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Aliens
    I love vampires, spellcasters, mermaids, and werewolves too. But...

01-Xorian.jpg

02-Ion.jpg

03-Lunar.jpg

04-Tranquility.jpg

I just can't say "no" to those adorable little faces.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters are my absolute favourite. I love magical sims and am very happy that they are not called witches.

Werewolves are a close second. Unlike many, I like the look of them and the challenges.

I also occasionally play mermaids and aliens but wish they were more fleshed out.

@GlacierSnow aliens might not be the most in depth but at least they are represented in all age groups. Gotta love those little ones.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I really, really, love werewolves but honestly

PLANTSIMS!

I do love plantsims a lot.
    I hope one day they develop them further.

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited March 12
    Vampire
    I love vampires, aliens and normal Sims (I don't call them humans) the most.
    I do love all the other occults almost as much as my favorites though. I have occults in every one of my saves, as friends, enemies, spouses, neighbors etc.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Top spot goes to Vampires. Second Spellcaster, third Mersims. Other than those, I play ordinary human sims the most. I don't like the look of weresims (please don't throw anything at me) and Aliens are underwhealming to me. Sims really don't die in my game, so very very few ghosts around. Plantsims? uhh...except for that one scenario, never played them. Maybe if it was a permanent lifestate? Sure, but not the way they are now.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited March 12
    Spellcasters
    I like to play with them all, but right now Spellcasters have the central role in my game. I like to play enchanted magic (Spellcasters, merfolk, Fairies) more than cursed magic (vampires, werewolves). But, they all have a place.

A special shoutout to aliens, though. I like science fiction as well as fantasy, and the Sixam aliens had a major role in my story before the creation of The Myst. I also have the 10th/14th Doctor chilling out in a cottage in HoB, complete with the TARDIS parked out back where he can putter around. Sarah Jane Smith even lives in a renovated barn cottage on the property. She’s in the journalist career and runs the Myst’s online paper, The Weekly Oracle. She also raises chickens.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Humans
    I have an alien in my game, Spock of Vulcan, but he isn't an alien made to look human. That didn't work out in CAS, LOL. He's also married to one of my Sims, so my active lot sees him upon occasion. Mostly I play with my human cast of characters. I know, boring. But not really. I have a cast of nuts, primarily. Watching them trying to sort out the art of living is pretty entertaining, at least to me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Spellcasters
    I chose Spellcasters, because the majority of my Sims are from that supernatural cast. Most of it is based on my own Sims, or based on characters I like that would fit the Spellcasters the most.
    However, the second highest population is just normal humans, many based on characters, and some regular Sims. Most of the regular Sims come from Townies that married into my family, or before I got any supernatural packs.
    Vampires are third in population, and their numbers may increase soon.
    My werewolves and mermaids are about even in population, but they may increase soon.
    I only have one alien at the moment, and may keep their population the smallest, but I do like them, the idea is that very few have made the choice to live in the worlds.
    I plan to turn my normal sims into the supernatural, but not all of them. I have three teens that my Sims adopted, two are daughters to a mermaid couple, and one is a daughter to the normal Sim sister. The first adopted child for the mermaid couple I want to also make into a mermaid, while her adopted sister may become a werewolf. Their "cousin" I plan to turn into a vampire. I also gave my mermaid couple an edited in son, who is also a mermaid.
    So, overall, I like to mix the supernatural with the normal in my saves.