Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you/did you still buy Crystal Creations? πŸ›’πŸ’’

Β«134
Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
After the Patch that added that annoying and disrespectful cart button πŸ›’πŸ’’ and several new bugs πŸͺ³:

Will you/did you still buy Crystal Creations?

This poll is anonymous. No one will see what you voted for πŸ•΅οΈ

1043e4be029aaee9ee91b3fe70cbe26edb5d2522.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Will you/did you still buy Crystal Creations? πŸ›’πŸ’’ 108 votes

NO! I won't give them the satisfaction that this cart button has the desired effect!
33% 36 votes
No. I'm not interested in that pack.
9% 10 votes
YES!
57% 62 votes

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The shopping cart button, as disrespectful as it is, will probably stay in one form or another, and I'm not going to play offline for the rest of my life, so yeah, I'll still buy this pack, and others that will come afterwards. It's really not as big of a deal to me as some people make it out to be, we've always known that EA was greedy. The only thing they should really get under control is the flashing/blinking/whatever the button is doing at the moment (I don't know because I haven't updated my game yet) because it's a health hazard to some players.
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    I draw a line here. If this button does not disappear… I never buy anything from EA again! No matter how much I want a pack!
    Of course I voted for the first option.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited March 1
    The only thing they should really get under control is the flashing/blinking/whatever the button is doing at the moment (I don't know because I haven't updated my game yet) because it's a health hazard to some players.

@GrumpyGlowfish You know the light that appears on the calendar icon when the calendar updates? The light on the shopping cart icon when the shopping suggestions update is literally the exact same thing. If the calendar light doesn't bother you, the shopping light won't either. I mean the sensory aspect won't. The idea of the shopping icon still might bother you as a matter of principle.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited March 1
    I have not bought it yet. Initially I was going to get it next week, at my first playing session after the release. Until the update dropped and changed everything. I will focus on what I can do in the game as it is before the patch. I still have plenty to discover.

I might get the pack somewhere in the future but no idea if that will be next month, next year, at a sale,... I have no intention to update my game. EA needs to come with something even more tempting than a stuff pack that totally fits my vibe to convince me to endure the in game shopping cart.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'll buy it at some point, but yeah the cart needs to go. Haven't updated my game cause I don't want to deal with it (amongst potential glitches).
  • Options
    Adria22Adria22 Posts: 16 Member
    Yes but I did moded the button away. B)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I didn't buy it yet, because in my rotation I have to play one week with another family before it's the turn of the sim who I want to craft jewellery. Soon. Also I'm lucky I don't have the cart button.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I got it, but I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have the cart button.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Had to buy...

This button is so annoying. I explored the settings to see if it can be turned off. No, it can't. The Sims 3 included Store items for purchase in CAS and buy and build mode, but that could be turned off. The Sims 2 simply included grayed out buttons, which told you need a certain expansion pack to get this feature...

And this idea is not new either. Back in the time, you could check what packs you have in-game. This not only has been put in the main menu, but it could also be turned off by turning off online features (which I did to reduce crashes). Not to mention that the world selection will include grayed out worlds from unowned packs if you have online features on. This cannot be turned off. Sigh...
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I could not answer "yes" or "no".

I won the pack free in @simgirl1010 's giveaway. At some point, I will download and install it. It may be a while though.

The issue with the button having distracting "animations" is a problem for me, so I am waiting to see what happens with that. I'm hoping they will at least just make it be a normal button with no irritating animations. And if they don't, after so many people talking about why the animations are problematic for them, it really will feel very cold to me. I think they should at least respect us and our feedback on this part of the issue.

As for the button itself, I think it is a pointless feature to have in the game. Even if players use it to purchase content, they will still need to shut down and restart the game to see the content in the game. So I don't see that it really gives any benefit of convenience to the players. I'm willing to tolerate that it exists (I only want it to not irritate, interrupt, or distract me in any way). But I completely understand the emotions people have expressed about the insult of this aggressive and intrusive marketing in-game. Because I do feel that as well. And I am very worried that it will cause players, story writers, and modders whose content I enjoy to quit. This concerns me more than my own feeling about the issue.

So I am in favor of it being removed entirely.

Sims 4 is the only game I have ever actually liked enough to play more than a few hours. I have tried many other games in many other genres, but none of them hold my interest like the sims. I have spent a lot of money on it, but I've also put in thousands of hours of play time, and really enjoy it as a fun pastime as well as a serious creative outlet, so I have always felt it was money well spent. I'm definitely not going to just walk away entirely. But the question remains, to what extent I will choose buy anything new in the future... and I really don't know.

One of the mods that removes the button is a mod I already use (Better Build Buy), so I am now contemplating what it means to me to simply take that and move on. I won't lie, the decision of "will I ever buy another pack if they don't do what I want on this issue" is a really tough one for me to make. But it will definitely become a part of the equation. It makes me hesitant to purchase more content, but does it stop me entirely..? I am too tired and too emotional right now to make that kind of long term decision.

But because I am holding off on updating my game right now (to avoid the irritating animations on the button), I literally can't purchase anything new, and I think they should think about that.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I'll buy it eventually, but not using that [expletive deleted] button.

And I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have any lights or animation on it, and even if it did, I don't have a photo sensetivity. But I'm also not going to play off-line forever.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 1
    I will at least wait until a sale, and might not get it after that either. It depends entirely on EAs response to the outlash against the button. Will they just wait it out and hope we forget (then maybe not let the reminder shine a light in our eyes every time we open the game is a good idea)? Or will they address the issue and try to at least compromise? Until then, I'm using mods to get rid of it.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I wanted to buy it initially but do not feel like that anymore after this week. I hope I will be able to step away from the game for at least a few days to prioritize my health.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I will buy it because I am interested in the pack, but the cart button I hope it's a misunderstanding or EA is trolling us. When I said I want the pack to be compatible with retail, I meant the in game sims retail system, not an in game button for real life retail. :lol: So far, no one confirmed that the jewelry is compatible with the in game retail system.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    No, I wasn't that much interested in the pack anyway, and this shopping cart just makes me even less interested...
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I want to support the creation of more content of this type, so I definitely bought the pack. It fits perfectly with my game, and it’s been a long drought for anything that fits with supernatural play. I fear that the backlash against the shopping cart is going to affect sales of this pack, which in turn will suggest that players don’t want occult or occult lite content. So, I bought it and modded out the button.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member

I love the pack and haven't had any problems using it. I'm crafty in real life so maybe that's why this pack appeals to me so much, but my Sim is having fun with the new skill and the crystal effects.

I don't even know where the cart button is that everyone is talking about. I haven't noticed it at all and I played for hours yesterday. I'd have to go back in and look for it I guess. I thought the most recent emergency patch was supposed to stop it blinking. I definitely haven't noticed any blinking in my game.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'd be extremely sad and annoyed if this pack flopped because of something totally unrelated to it's theme and contents. It's on par with Paranormal in content and deserves better.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    cchant86 wrote: Β»
    I love the pack and haven't had any problems using it. I'm crafty in real life so maybe that's why this pack appeals to me so much, but my Sim is having fun with the new skill and the crystal effects.

I don't even know where the cart button is that everyone is talking about. I haven't noticed it at all and I played for hours yesterday. I'd have to go back in and look for it I guess. I thought the most recent emergency patch was supposed to stop it blinking. I definitely haven't noticed any blinking in my game.
    It's in the top right-hand corner but not everyone has it.

I updated my game yesterday and it is there for me but it hasn't pulsated once and I've been in game about four times since then. I haven't bought the pack yet as I am not ready for it. I just need to play the remainder of the sim week with my current family and then I will be moving onto my crystal-finding archaeologists so I will buy it then.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I still will, yes, maybe even tonight. The final can't-play-without mod I was waiting on was updated today so I'm pondering updating my game and buying the pack very soon. I'm buying the pack regardless of the fallout regarding the cart because I want the pack. I will check if I even have the cart in game and if I do I will use the standalone mod by Simmattingly to get rid of that sucker.

I highly object to the cart being in the game, but I fear if this pack is boycotted EA will misinterpret the reduced sales to it being a supernatural adjacent pack rather than backlash over the cart. Even though I don't play supernaturals myself, they are an integral and historical part of the Sims franchise and I don't want to see them disappear. I feel like supernatural players have been given short shrift in the S4, and I don't like what I see.

Even though I never say never, I am almost sure I will probably never buy Sims 5/Project Rene. If it is what it has been rumored to be, I just have no interest in going that route. That, and I'm just kind of getting tired of dealing with EA. I look forward to the release of the new life simulation games that are being developed now. My plan at the moment is to play S4 until I just can't anymore for whatever reason and then check out one of those options. Hopefully they will be rousing successes.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I plan to buy it if after another week or two it doesn't seem to have any serious bugs.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I have bought the pack, although I too object strongly to the shopping cart. I really admire those who want the pack but are refusing to buy it on principle, in protest.

I do wonder how the devs feel about this shopping cart button in-game. I suspect they’re not all OK about it. They too seem to love the game, and put their hearts into designing good content. I appreciate the work they’ve done here as I think it’s a really good stuff pack. Once again I’m just incredulous at how inept EA are at managing publicity and communication. They could have released the shopping cart in another patch, well after the launch of the stuff pack and after the fix for For Rent. Then everyone would be feeling a bit happier about the bug fixes and a great new stuff pack. As it is, they’ve just compounded the negativity that has never been dealt with since the release of For Rent, and also undermined their own devs. I would be furious if I’d worked on this stuff pack and seen it all overshadowed in this way.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

@FreddyFox1234 but if they put the button ingame without a pack release, they can't test if it works.

Like they said in this post on xitter.
    It's supposed to be a test if they can sell more or if players use this button instead of buying the pack in all the screens before where we already have to go through all the adds.
    But why would one log in just to click on that button to have to log out again after buying to install when one can do it right away before logging in?
    1043e4be029aaee9ee91b3fe70cbe26edb5d2522.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Other: Not a fan of in game ads of any stripe, but as a rule I never buy a pack until it is had sufficient burn in time to deal with bugs/issues.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐢Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, πŸ˜‘Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: πŸ€·πŸ»πŸ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | πŸ–ΌοΈ Film Noir Wall Decorations | πŸ‘©πŸŽ¨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I may buy it at some point, but its not something that I'm really interested in at the moment.
    I'm not bothered by the cart button. It is the least of my worries in life.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png