Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack Crystal Creations Releasing February 29

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Trailer looks good, I am looking forward to release day. I didn't expect the mystic crystals twist to it but it looks good. Wonder if they have a healing crystal too. I am intrigued by the crystal tree. My sims will probably have both a crystal shop and a jewelry shop if possible.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    I'm excited for this one. I do hope however that there will not just be the option to make your own but a way for sims to get on their computers and buy ready made jewelry that we can then assign to various outfits. None of the custom made items will be available in CAS most likely but it would be awesome if it was.🙂
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Can we send ornament ingredients to the jeweler and receive products by mail?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I'm just catching up but... oohhhh, oh! 😲

I did not expect such a mystical element and all of the cool clothes and furniture! Yeah... Imma get this! 🖤
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'll have to rewatch with pausing a lot, but so far I spotted two tool clutter pieces (one wall mounted, the other for surfaces). My archaeologists will love these plus the display cases.

Also perfect timing to release this while I'm still in my Star Wars save with the sage/tinkerer specializing in crystal lore. My Savi (Galaxy's Edge npc) will have to take in an apprentice now with the new features. Or propose to someone, like in the trailer. The end with the ring in front of the crystal tree was really romantic.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited February 20
    I'm excited for this one. I do hope however that there will not just be the option to make your own but a way for sims to get on their computers and buy ready made jewelry that we can then assign to various outfits. None of the custom made items will be available in CAS most likely but it would be awesome if it was.🙂

I hope the items will be similar to the clothing we can knit with nifty knitting. Locked in CAS but able to be 'added to the wardrobe' or unlocked by a cheat.

I was gonna hold of on this one for later but after seeing the trailer I might get it at release. I like the occult vibe. I didn't expect that since occults have been pretty much abandoned after werewolves was push aside in favour of high school years.
    I'll have to rewatch with pausing a lot, but so far I spotted two tool clutter pieces (one wall mounted, the other for surfaces). My archaeologists will love these plus the display cases.

Also perfect timing to release this while I'm still in my Star Wars save with the sage/tinkerer specializing in crystal lore. My Savi (Galaxy's Edge npc) will have to take in an apprentice now with the new features. Or propose to someone, like in the trailer. The end with the ring in front of the crystal tree was really romantic.

I watched it twice to spot items. :)Is that a new telescope at 0:23? after a third watch I think it's probably just a lamp. But I like a lot of the decor. It will look good in spellcasters homes
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I might buy this at full price (which I rarely do). It kind of reminds me of Paranormal because it seems to be full of content. I love that they included all the crystals from GtW and JA too. I dislike the clothes a bit though, but otherwise it looks like a fun pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Livestream is the 28th at 11am Pacific.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Aw this is so nice, I've always loved collecting crystals back when we only had the base game and then the first couple of packs so this is like going back to that. I hope they increase the spawn of them or bring them to new worlds because I don't remember seeing a lot of them anymore as years went by.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 20
    I'm interested in this one, it looks like Nifty Knitting but for gemstones! I always wanted to do something with crystals other than just selling them off.
    So glad stuff packs made a comeback.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I like what I see! The crafting seems promising, can't wait to see all designs. BB looks good too, I did not expect to see secveral items that I don't already have, LOL. Those wallmounted stackable display boxes will be good not just for jewellery making. Even the desk chair is a must have, and soome jewelry clutter might replace some CC deco I already have. In my fame there is a jewelry maker (so far she had little to do though), now I can't wait to upgrade her store and working space. It's not a retail, so I'm fine with jewelry perhaps not going well with retail. Hopefully we can sell/buy on Plopsy, or at least gift what we craft to other sims. I think I will get this shortly after release - coming from a simmer who hardly ever bought any stuff pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I hope the items will be similar to the clothing we can knit with nifty knitting. Locked in CAS but able to be 'added to the wardrobe' or unlocked by a cheat.

I was gonna hold of on this one for later but after seeing the trailer I might get it at release. I like the occult vibe. I didn't expect that since occults have been pretty much abandoned after werewolves was push aside in favour of high school years.

I was thinking about those items a little while after I posted. That would work great since I have no problem using a cheat to unlock them for most of my sims. Hopefully the occult elements are a teaser that we have something bigger later in the year. Werewolves really got dealt a bad hand having an EP come out 6 weeks later and press releases for that pack just two weeks after the GP dropped. I'm really hoping they'll make it up to us with an occult EP soon.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I'm just now getting a chance to watch the trailer. Had to wait until I put the grandbaby (19 mos) down for her nap. We usually read two books before nap. Today was only one. :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited February 20
    Official Blog:

Craft Your Crystal Jewelry with The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack
    Design dazzling jewelry that puts you at the center of crafting and creation

B8CGchc.png

We cannot get enough of crystals! In The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack, players can unlock a new Gemology Skill that will have your Sim collecting an assortment of colorful Crystals and Metals to customize stellar creations that can affect Sims’ moods, relationships, careers and lives! Display new beautifully cut crystals around the house, use them for crafting stunning pieces of jewelry, and charge your crystals in the moonlight to uncover new unique properties!

From designing beloved treasures like hand-crafted engagement rings or custom jewelry to producing unique collectibles that can be sold for Simoleons, any Sim can cultivate their own style that will be seen by all.

Get ready to create the jewelry of your dreams in this Stuff Pack that is sure to help you reach all of your crafty goals!

gEz2VwW.png

Collecting & Crafting

Nothing is more special than the pieces you hand-craft with love. With Crystal Creations, a Sim can create over 1,000 different permutations of bejeweled items, choosing to make a fashion statement, declaration of love or a sparkly gift for a friend.

To create these dazzling items, Sims can develop the Gemology Skill. This shiny new skill can be learned through practice as your Sim crafts at the new Gemology Table. Craft jewelry and cut gemstones in stunning new designs. As your Sim's skill improves, so will the quality of their creations. At the Gemology Table, Sims can cut gemstones and make stunning designs with the Crystals they collect and fashion them into engagement rings and other jewelry, including assorted rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings.

From selecting your favorite Crystal variant to choosing which metals suit a Crystal best, like Silver, Gold or Rose Gold, your Sim will feel like a master crafter once surrounded by their colorful jewelry. You can also use any of the 22 metals found with The Sims 4 worlds including Baconite, Death Metal and Romantium. Send a message of love or friendship by selecting the perfect shape of a Gemstone, choose from 10 different cuts including a Heart, Plumbob or Gnome shape.

The Gemology Skill can be boosted when a Sim reads the Gemology Skill book and when a Sim continues to craft Crystal Creations at the Gemology Table. A Sim can sell, collect and gift their crafted creations to other Sims.

Connect with Crystal Energy

Don’t you just love a little moonlight? We sure do! We’re excited to share that Crystal Creations utilizes the Base Game Lunar Cycle. This means that in Crystal Creations, Sims can search out Crystals on their computer or pluck them off a Crystal Tree, and once the Crystal is cut into a Gemstone, the jewelry and Gemstones can be charged with the Crystal determining the effect.

The objects must be placed on the Crystal Charging Grid. Once charged, Sims can wear or display their pieces, experiencing the effects of the Crystal to positively or negatively impact relationships, emotions and in-game progress. Depending on the Crystal the effects of the charging may wane over time and your Sims will need to recharge to feel the full effect once again.

With the introduction of 3 new crystals, Amber, Jade and Moonstone, there are currently 27 total crystals across all packs for Sims to discover. Sims can find Crystals anywhere! Locate Common, Uncommon and Rare Crystals in dig spots and rocks on any world or lot, while Uncommon Crystals can also be purchased from the computer or at the Gemology Table and Rare Crystals can only be found in different worlds or grown on a Crystal Tree.

Find all different varieties of Crystals around The Sims 4 worlds including:

The Sims 4 Base Game Crystals: (Common) Emerald, Citrine, Quartz, Alabaster, Rose Quartz, Peach Quartz, Ruby, Orange Topaz, Sapphire, Turquoise, (Uncommon) Simanite, Shinolite, Amethyst, Hematite, Diamond, Fire Opal, (Rare) Jonquilyst, Plumbite, Rainborz, Jet
    The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack: (Common) Nitelite, Crandestine
    The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure Game Pack: (Uncommon) Amazonite, (Rare) Alexandrite
    The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack: (Common) Jade, (Uncommon) Moonstone, (Rare) Amber

vLawZgZ.png

Dark and Dreamy

The ultimate crystal adventure isn’t complete without the right dash of mystery and intrigue. When it’s time to collect your colorful Crystals and slip into colorful crystal slippers, bejeweled leather boots and artisan clothing, including button down vests and shirts and floral tops with puffed sleeves. To add even more sparkle, check out the new hairs with fierce metallic hoops or delicate jeweled pins.

After a long day of cutting, collecting, crafting and selling Crystals and jewelry, relax in a cozy humble abode equipped with soft velvety sofas, stare into mirrors embedded with Crystals and spend many starry nights at your Gemology Table learning the tricks of the trade.

The Sims 4 collaborated with Simmer Arethabee to develop a dreamy set of jewelry available in Create-A-Sim, featuring a necklace, a ring and earrings. Her designs are delicate and sophisticated and a perfect addition to this sparkling pack. We love working with our community of creators and cannot wait to see what you make with these dazzling new designs.

You can learn more about The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack during the Gameplay Developer Walkthrough on Wednesday, February 28, 2024 at 11am PDT on The Sims Official Twitch and YouTube channels.

The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack will launch on February 29, 2024 on PC via EA app™, Mac® via Origin, and Steam®, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One systems. The Sims 4 has officially launched on the Epic Games Store as well, another download destination for this Stuff Pack.

The Sims 4 Crystal Creations Stuff Pack requires The Sims 4 base game, available free to download & all game updates. See minimum system requirements for the pack.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/crystal-creations-stuff-pack

Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    I'm just now getting a chance to watch the trailer. Had to wait until I put the grandbaby (19 mos) down for her nap. We usually read two books before nap. Today was only one. :D

She didn't want to hold Nanna up. She knew you wanted to see the trailer.🙂
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    My witchy and occult sims are perfect for this! Plus, I personally am a magpie when it comes to shiny things :mrgreen::wink:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Well, the blog answered my concerns so bring on the Stuff pack! (this month is getting very expensive...)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Interesting... not as boring as I thought it would be. A good excuse to finally get around to playing a spellcaster.

However, I think I'll wait before buying anything else.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 20
    That is another box checked in my wishlist :)

I'm sure Nancy Landgraab will start a new business with this new stuff, I hope it will be very expensive.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Furniture and gameplay look very promising. Horse Ranch completed Cottage Living, and this one is the second half of Realm of Magic.

Ah, that makes sense. I don't like the RoM aesthetic either.
    And another thought: Where in heaven shall I place yet another crafting table besides the flower, candles, pumpkin, archaeology, robotic and base game crafting tables?? I hope that the team will offer a unified table for all hobbies like they did with the table games.

There was a time when I was kind of obsessed with having every type of crafting object available for my household to use. But it got to be untenable. Now the plethora of crafting objects forces me to really think about which ones the household really needs for their storyline. In a way it's been a good thing since it makes each of my households a little unique. It also made me branch out into making different types of community lots for different types of crafting activities and visiting them instead of having every crafting object under the sun crammed into one house.

Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The new stuff pack sounds great! :) I am lookng forward to it! The new gem crafting skill sounds great and lovely new items to craft.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @alanmichal1 The way to go is «basements». That is where I put everything. You can even have two basements, one beneath the other.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thanks for posting the blog. This looks really promising. I am glad they have remembered the crystals from other DLC. Also nice to see some use of the lunar cycle. I didn't expect jewelry to have gameplay effect. Being able to summon the grim reaper (I suppose without sacrificing a sim) is useful for completing some aspirations.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 20
    Yeah I wish that we could have base game crafting table that allows us to do all crafts from different packs we have on it

you know like game tables but instead of change game you'd have "change craft"

and I still wish we could play games on all game table shaped dining tables but thats whole another discussion

the tables are just kind of getting out of hand at this point
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Trailer looks good! A nice blend of the ROM-like aesthetic, imo.

Only regret is that rings are gonna likely be useless for me as I use custom eyelashes which take that slot. Also was kind of hoping for more cuttable gemstone shapes (like TS3) but ah well. It all looks good.