Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing but For Rent has already a 10% discout.

I was also surprised by this. I am not touching that DLC until the bugs are fixed. And a bigger sale. The only other pack I remember going on sale so quickly was batuu, but that was a heftier sale 50% so not entirely comparable.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing but For Rent has already a 10% discout.

That's horrible. How could they be so tone deaf?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member

Wow, and no offer to refund the people who bought it at full price?
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member

Wow, and no offer to refund the people who bought it at full price?

To be honest, somehow I was asking myself the same question... (but I should be silent, because I still have not experienced major bugs in my game, but still... putting it on a discount so fast while a lot of people have bought it at release date paying the full price... it's not that nice, you know).
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    Oh dear… this pack is lost. And it seems to be very clumsily designed, too. It's a sickness.
  • Options
    SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    I said I would wait till For Rent was on sale before I bought it. I didn't expect it to be discounted so soon. But I wouldn't touch it now from what I'm hearing about the bugs. The fact they are trying to sell the game discounted when it's breaking games shows exactly what this company is turning into (can't really keep using the holiday season excuse now)
    Tbh I've found myself moving away from Sims to other games now and this certainly isn't encouraging me back....
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 11
    And now James Turner posted that he is not sure what to do with his let's play series on YouTube with for rent because of all the bugs.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 13
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I was also surprised by this. I am not touching that DLC until the bugs are fixed. And a bigger sale. The only other pack I remember going on sale so quickly was batuu, but that was a heftier sale 50% so not entirely comparable.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait quite a while before this EP drops to 50%. Simmers apparently believe For Rent actually has SOME form of redeemable value---completely unlike Batuu (which not even Steam with its additional bundled discounts could convince ppl to buy). LMAO

Course hope is always on the horizon for the life simulator genre. It's called the ---

***cough INZOI cough cough***

--- erm Rene Project o:)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

Unfortunately you'll have to wait quite a while before this EP drops to 50%. Simmers apparently believe For Rent actually has SOME form of redeemable value---completely unlike Batuu (which not even Steam with its additional bundled discounts could convince ppl to buy). LMAO

Course hope is always on the horizon for the life simulator genre. It's called the ---

Well to be fair for rent has more playability than batuu
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

Where? The only playability I'm getting out of it right now is with some of the objects. I'm a little miffed that I paid $40 for a stuffed tiger, marbles, and hopscotch. Just sayin'.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

Where? The only playability I'm getting out of it right now is with some of the objects. I'm a little miffed that I paid $40 for a stuffed tiger, marbles, and hopscotch. Just sayin'.

I still can use the Rent fuction.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Adding to this that Batuu fully worked on release. Still works now, as far as I can tell. Players may not like it, but I gotta give credit, it has had very few issues since it came out.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

I got the majority of the EP at 50%.I know I have to be patient but I know I can. :)
    Let's just hope a fix comes sooner than a 50%sale for all those who can't play at the moment.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I'm thinking that I'll probably wait a little longer even after it gets fixed, before I buy it. I want to see how it does when we get new patches, if the fixes hold up. I've been playing my save for a long time so I'm not willing to risk an unstable pack. I'm hoping that the reason it's taking so long is that they're trying to be thorough but...we'll see.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 17
    Sadly High School Years + For Rent doesn't allow that : Window + Entering/Eavesdropping

The Sims 3 TV spot
    71vgcv3mgqtk.jpg
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Oh boy am I feeling the bugs right now.

I made the huge mistake of turning my legacy house into an apartment block lot type. It is literally stuck that way now.

No matter how many times I try to make it a normal residential lot - it always reverts to a rental. So I evicted my sims, saved my lot, bulldozed it, tried the tips I found on Reddit, and while it seemed to work briefly- Nope. Trying to place my lot back, I got a System Error and it wouldn't place. I tried to save this faulty version of the savefile and upon loading it back up, well what do you know! It's still a rental!

So I figured I might as well place the legacy lot on some other place in the world.... Nope. Still the system error.

So now both the lot, AND the house I saved to my gallery is bugged as all hell. Just wonderful. Glad I made it a different savefile before I started experimenting with it all like a mad scientist.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Oh boy am I feeling the bugs right now.

I made the huge mistake of turning my legacy house into an apartment block lot type. It is literally stuck that way now.

No matter how many times I try to make it a normal residential lot - it always reverts to a rental. So I evicted my sims, saved my lot, bulldozed it, tried the tips I found on Reddit, and while it seemed to work briefly- Nope. Trying to place my lot back, I got a System Error and it wouldn't place. I tried to save this faulty version of the savefile and upon loading it back up, well what do you know! It's still a rental!

So I figured I might as well place the legacy lot on some other place in the world.... Nope. Still the system error.

So now both the lot, AND the house I saved to my gallery is bugged as all hell. Just wonderful. Glad I made it a different savefile before I started experimenting with it all like a mad scientist.
    I feel you, and I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm hoping and praying that the patch coming on the 27th is going to fix this major issue as well as all the other issues with FR. Right now I'm just working on my personal save starter save (I hope that makes sense) and staying well away from For Rent while doing it. No apartments in my starter save! I've been working on it for about 4 years and no way I'm putting it in jeopardy.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Leanne1989Leanne1989 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello! Does anyone know why some houses in 'For Rent' without a landlord have a normal, affordable rental price, but I also have two lots with several houses and they suddenly cost, for example, 4,825,927 Simdollars a day :D :dizzy: ? Does anyone know if you can adjust the price of that, or did I build something incorrectly?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Leanne1989 wrote: »
    Hello! Does anyone know why some houses in 'For Rent' without a landlord have a normal, affordable rental price, but I also have two lots with several houses and they suddenly cost, for example, 4,825,927 Simdollars a day :D:dizzy: ? Does anyone know if you can adjust the price of that, or did I build something incorrectly?

Unfortunately, that's a bug. Here's a thread on it in Answers HQ.

Prices (and rules) can be adjusted by having a sim own the residential rental. Rent and rules should stay should it be sold afterwards.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    The Temple could have been a special lot you can visit and see spatially the inside like Von Haunt Estate, Ancient Ruins, or the The Bluffs in Windenburg.
    Even if not a lot like the area in Sulani for special events. Animal Sanctuary could have been like the Dolphins In Sulani with simple interactions with the tigers.
    Events and more spawning in the nightlife. Why they advertised as "bustling" but left out the necessary spawning. I think Little Ms Sam has a mod for more spawning which works pretty well.
    If you can get it for 50% off that would be perfect, because I think it was intended to be a game pack, based on the size and features, and the history of the amount of expansions packs put out in a year in the past. I also feel the renting system was supposed to come with growing together, as there are townhouses in all the set dressing in that world based on San Fransico and it Sf is all townhouses. Tomarang would have been perfect for a hotels or vacation pack. How I wish to play it anyway.
    I think they will fix it, fingers crossed, but it should still be just a game pack. I think it would have added value to introduce multi-fuctional lots to this pack to, to feel "bustling."
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Even if not a lot like the area in Sulani for special events. Animal Sanctuary could have been like the Dolphins In Sulani with simple interactions with the tigers.
    Events and more spawning in the nightlife. Why they advertised as "bustling" but left out the necessary spawning.
    If you can get it for 50% off that would be perfect, because I think it was intended to be a game pack, based on the size and features, and the history of the amount of expansions packs put out in a year in the past. I also feel the renting system was supposed to come with growing together, as there are townhouses in all the set dressing in that world based on San Fransico and it Sf is all townhouses. Tomarang would have been perfect for a hotels or vacation pack. How I wish to play it anyway.
    I think they will fix it, fingers crossed, but it should still be just a game pack. I think it would have added value to introduce multi-fuctional lots to this pack to, to feel "bustling."

Everyone criticizes how plain the gameplay is with CL and ignores how vivid the neighborhoods are in San Myshuno. More budgets and plans are needed to create a more "bustling" world since we have bigger and bigger ones. 20 Sims cap is too low even to hold a thrilled party in a 50*50 lot.

The game pack theory is too misrepresented. You can compare it with two lot assignment GPs, Spa Day and Dine Out. It could be worthy.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Events and more spawning in the nightlife. Why they advertised as "bustling" but left out the necessary spawning.

Everyone criticizes how plain the gameplay is with CL and ignores how vivid the neighborhoods are in San Myshuno. More budgets and plans are needed to create a more "bustling" world since we have bigger and bigger ones. 20 Sims cap is too low even to hold a thrilled party in a 50*50 lot.

The game pack theory is too misrepresented. You can compare it with two lot assignment GPs, Spa Day and Dine Out. It could be worthy.

It's a game pack size world with only 9 lots comparable to Tartosa and Strangerville. It's a game pack style with only offering a retail system, like dream home decorator, paranormal stuff... All other expansion packs offered a lot more. Like even if you compare it to Get Famous, which is a fairly small world but still bigger, and it offers a lot more game play and features added to the game. I'm not working for a game development company, so I am not going ot make charts, graphs or a power point presentation, but it is very obvious what is sold in this For Rent expansion pack is the value equivalent of about half of the earlier expansion packs.
    My only " theory " for this is inflation is reflecting the product as this point.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 27
    It's a game pack size world with only 9 lots. It's a gamepack style with only offering a retail system. All other expansion packs offered a lot more. Like even if you compare it to Get Famous, which is a fairly small world but still bigger, and it offers a lot more game play and features added to the game. I'm not working for a game development company, so I am not going ot make charts, graphs or a power point presentation, but it is very obvious what is sold in this For Rent expansion pack is the value equivalent of about half of the earlier expansion packs.
    My only " theory " for this is inflation is reflecting the product as this point.

How about the earlier game packs? I admit the inflation in EPs. Spa Day and Dine Out are earlier as well and they don't have worlds. Can you judge the level for a lot mechanism focused pack from the two?

And I think Horse Ranch + For Rent is Cats and Dogs plus a map. :D

And GPs also suffer from inflation; Holiday system is four seasons as abundant as Wedding party system.
    I can understand the cost of trials and errors behind the code, but part of what consumers take over is too high now, making me suspect that there is a QA team.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    It's a game pack size world with only 9 lots. It's a gamepack style with only offering a retail system. All other expansion packs offered a lot more. Like even if you compare it to Get Famous, which is a fairly small world but still bigger, and it offers a lot more game play and features added to the game. I'm not working for a game development company, so I am not going ot make charts, graphs or a power point presentation, but it is very obvious what is sold in this For Rent expansion pack is the value equivalent of about half of the earlier expansion packs.

How about the earlier game packs? I admit the inflation in EPs. Spa Day and Dine Out are earlier as well and they don't have worlds. Can you judge the level for a lot mechanism focused pack from the two?

And I think Horse Ranch + For Rent is Cats and Dogs plus a map. :D

Not sure what that last sentence means, but I only started collecting all of the collections with in the past couple of years and this is my firm opinion on value for content.
    Horse Ranch is one of the most expansive worlds we have in size. I was hoping all the worlds following could be this big to accommodate for horses.
    And especially the pack is selling the ability to make muli-family lots, the world and the lots should be larger to accommodate. I went back to San Sequoia for most of my residential rental builds because it's far more appropriately sized.

I see the earlier packs where making up for the non exist content at the time. I wasn't there at the time, but I feel a bit short changed in these later packs. I think Cottage Living was an excellent expansion pack, but this year feels like they tighten their belt with the budget.

btw I think Horse Ranch is a rad pack, only missed opportunity the equestrian center should have been real game play feature like the acting studios in Get famous, and Wine tasting events at the vineyards would have been an excellent way to feel more complete.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I will just join in the love for City Living. That was one of the packs that made me really like TS4 and I have had so much fun with it. Yes, at the time, people panned the apartments but they were part of the challenge. In a real city, you have Needs TLC apartments and vermin appearing. There are loud neighbors at all hours and TVs blaring through walls. It is a challenge to find nice apartments without issues. They were simulating that struggle and it was part of the gameplay. In real life, you can't rip down exterior walls of an apartment and you might have to deal with weird layouts. There's a type of fun you can have by trying to make those spaces work. Otherwise, your characters can decide they need to go out into the venues or special events in the city. They made all of that accessible. I ended up playing with most of the pre-mades in that pack because they added different cultures, lifestyles and open-ended ways to interpret the characters while also having a lot of fun multicultural diversity. I personally learned a lot from it and have some cool characters as a result.

I think City Living was well-done and it has kept my game from being all a suburban simulator. About For Rent, I think they will figure out the major bugs. They might not have initially realized that people would make a lot into a residential rental and then switch it back into a residential lot in the same save. I will say that I am personally someone who would end up doing that a lot, so I have held off on rental gameplay for now.

I think they will probably figure the issue out. I will say that if I want to play with residential rentals and especially if I want to edit them back into other lots, I will do that in a separate save until whenever that gets fixed. I do sympathize with fellow players with broken saves. If the issue never gets fixed then no, I won't love that but I am hopeful that they will soon. While I personally have no clue, I think that bug is so widely discussed that it must be on their agenda.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.