Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For rent info thread

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    We obviously don't expect community lots to be a part of this new mix of units, but how about rented residentials? The lot you can stay in for just a chosen number of nights? I think they should implement that feature with this new unit thing, because they are residential, too! And, it is probably only a matter of tagging the unit - won't even need to connect to a landlord, as it can be reserved playing the visitor actively. I often find it weird to rent a full house when I go to a different world for just a couple night, you mostly need a bed, a bathroom and perhaps a small lounging area.

Did anyone come across info regarding this? The lot category exists in so many worlds that I suspect it might be basegame. It doesn't make sense to not address this when introducing rentable units...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    We obviously don't expect community lots to be a part of this new mix of units, but how about rented residentials? The lot you can stay in for just a chosen number of nights? I think they should implement that feature with this new unit thing, because they are residential, too! And, it is probably only a matter of tagging the unit - won't even need to connect to a landlord, as it can be reserved playing the visitor actively. I often find it weird to rent a full house when I go to a different world for just a couple night, you mostly need a bed, a bathroom and perhaps a small lounging area.

Did anyone come across info regarding this? The lot category exists in so many worlds that I suspect it might be basegame. It doesn't make sense to not address this when introducing rentable units...

I don't see rental lots changing. You'll probably need to use the new rental lot type to change the rental lots we have now and I'm fine with that because they're just places to send one sim family on vacation. Now when hotels come I'll expect to see different.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

New Tomarang screenshot from SimGuruNinja’s Twitter header
    Found here
    bafkreif5qjx34wonubjpvbvehnjhl3govxine7s7pbgkulrpywuewr3pwa@jpeg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member

Hmm @Simmerville ... if they did that... it would be a lot like a....
    Hotel?
    B)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The crunch is over! So, even though I'm a little late, I can finally make:

4th week recap:
    Not a lot of info this week. Though SimGurus did share some pictures of some of the new world:

sFDXJ9p.jpg

Also, some sneak-peek to what you can do with the sign.
    SimGuruNinja:
    Sold!
    It's a gif, but interactions seen are:
    • Ruminate on Renting
    • Change Vacancy Visual
    • Move Household
    • Purchase Rental Home
    Change Vacancy Visual was shown off in the gif. All the interactions, except Ruminate on Renting, are immediate interactions (orange circles on the left)

Let's just hope for a livestream next week. Think about how large the next week's recap would be as during the livestream I would gather info and make list to this thread and then at the weekend take all of them together and carry it here.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Livestream scheduled for Friday Dec 1. More details coming soon.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Livestream scheduled for Friday Dec 1. More details coming soon.

Any live stream details post here and discussed.
  • Options
  • Options
    Here's the blog version of the above video.
    For Rent FAQs With Developers

We sat down with some of our For Rent Developers to answer some of the more common questions we had been seeing from our Community. These questions are sorted into sections by Key Features:

New Lot Type

How many units can be contained within a residential rental?

6 Units can be made in a Residential Rental

Are there cheats to change this cap?

Yes! bb.increaserentalunitcap on/off
    There is a max of 99 Units per Save.

How many Sims can live in each unit?

A full Sim household of 8 Sims can live in a Unit.

Are there loading screens when I want to visit another unit on the residential rental lot?

Yes, there will be loading screens between units, but sims from other units will use objects in the shared spaces.

How can I easily swap between household units to play? Do I have to go to manage worlds?

You can access units through manage worlds as always, but we have also added a new “Switch to Household” interaction on doors of the active residential lot so you can switch to other units more easily.

Can I build high-rises like in City Living?

You will still be limited to the existing build mode rules including number of floors and wall heights.

Where can’t I build Residential Rentals?

Sulani Waterfront Lot
    Penthouse Lots
    Vacation Worlds and Hidden Lots (Jungle Adventure, Batuu, Outdoor Retreat)

Can I change apartments from City Living or Eco Lifestyle to the new Residential Rentals?

Residential Rentals are brand new Lot Type with all new gameplay offered in For Rent. Existing apartments in City Living or Eco Lifestyle remain unique and separate from these new Residential Rental lot type, although Residential Rentals can be placed in lots from these worlds to add even more dimension and variety.

Can I build a Residential Rental on a Penthouse lot from City Living?

Penthouses are special lots that will not work with this venue type. Penthouses and their functionality will remain unchanged with the addition of For Rent.

Do new Residential Rental events happen on apartment lots?

We have added Maintenance Troubles as a new Lot Challenge that can be placed on any other Residential lots. The new Maintenance Events, though, can only happen on Residential Rentals by default.

Property Management

Can I own any other businesses with this pack?

You will still be able to own businesses from other packs as well as be a Property Owner for Residential Rental Lots! We do not have any new businesses added with this pack.

Do the water heater, ac units include gameplay? Do they work on lots other than Residential Rentals?

Yes there is gameplay associated with the Water Heater, Electrical Panel, AC unit, and the Radiators. Some of these will have additional gameplay when used in conjunction with Seasons.
    These will work for all Residential lots, but when used in Residential Rental lots they will work for the individual units if placed inside them or for all units if placed in shared spaces.

Can a unit on a Residential Rental be a business venue/lot type?

Residential Rentals, a business in and of themselves, cannot be combined with other businesses.

Does mold cause Sims to become zombies?

Mold gameplay and associated deaths are very opt-in and easily avoidable. No Zombie outbreaks are attached to this new death type and ghost.

Closer than Ever

Will sims Snoop by themselves (autonomously)?

If Sims have the Nosy trait they will observe other Sims, but will not find out any secrets.

Are Snooping Sims Burglars? Will Burglar music play?

The iconic Sim burglar experience intrudes our thoughts for another day. Snooping and secrets are subtly different, although can be combined with Kleptomanic Trait for some fun and interesting active gameplay.

Bustling and Beautiful

How many new lots are there?

2 neighborhoods. 9 lots.

2 20x15
    3 20x20
    2 30x20
    1 30x30
    1 40x30

Do secrets and snooping work with any Sim and on any lot, or only on Residential Rentals?

Yes, these are available for all lots, not just Residential Rentals.

What new animals are in the animal sanctuary – is it a rabbithole?

The Tiger Sanctuary in Tomarang is a rabbithole activity for Sims. While your Sims adventure offscreen, you'll navigate the best choice path to earn them cool new rewards and unlockables!

Hopscotch and Marbles – what age groups can play these activities? Is it only children?

Marbles is Child specific, but collecting Marbles is available even after you’ve become an adult.
    Hopscotch was designed for Child Sims, but can be used by Teens and Up as well.

Can I ride Boats or in the Tuk Tuk?

No, Boats and Tuk Tuks are just for ambiance

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/for-rent-faq-with-devs
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    No tuk tuk, no boats, rabbithole animal sanctuary. :/
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited November 2023
    Yeah the no boats is quite ridiculous (in my opinion!!!). An entire world completely surrounded by water and not even a remesh of the Sulani boat, or not giving us a 2-sim sail boat with all the same functions as the sulani one. Tired of their lack of obviously wanted/needed gameplay objects. I do not want to have to spend an extra $20 USD for a "Boat Living" pack.
  • Options
    Here's the blog version of the above video.
    For Rent FAQs With Developers

We sat down with some of our For Rent Developers to answer some of the more common questions we had been seeing from our Community. These questions are sorted into sections by Key Features:

New Lot Type

How many units can be contained within a residential rental?

6 Units can be made in a Residential Rental

Are there cheats to change this cap?

Yes! bb.increaserentalunitcap on/off
    There is a max of 99 Units per Save.

How many Sims can live in each unit?

A full Sim household of 8 Sims can live in a Unit.

Are there loading screens when I want to visit another unit on the residential rental lot?

Yes, there will be loading screens between units, but sims from other units will use objects in the shared spaces.

How can I easily swap between household units to play? Do I have to go to manage worlds?

You can access units through manage worlds as always, but we have also added a new “Switch to Household” interaction on doors of the active residential lot so you can switch to other units more easily.

Can I build high-rises like in City Living?

You will still be limited to the existing build mode rules including number of floors and wall heights.

Where can’t I build Residential Rentals?

Sulani Waterfront Lot
    Penthouse Lots
    Vacation Worlds and Hidden Lots (Jungle Adventure, Batuu, Outdoor Retreat)

Can I change apartments from City Living or Eco Lifestyle to the new Residential Rentals?

Residential Rentals are brand new Lot Type with all new gameplay offered in For Rent. Existing apartments in City Living or Eco Lifestyle remain unique and separate from these new Residential Rental lot type, although Residential Rentals can be placed in lots from these worlds to add even more dimension and variety.

Can I build a Residential Rental on a Penthouse lot from City Living?

Penthouses are special lots that will not work with this venue type. Penthouses and their functionality will remain unchanged with the addition of For Rent.

Do new Residential Rental events happen on apartment lots?

We have added Maintenance Troubles as a new Lot Challenge that can be placed on any other Residential lots. The new Maintenance Events, though, can only happen on Residential Rentals by default.

Property Management

Can I own any other businesses with this pack?

You will still be able to own businesses from other packs as well as be a Property Owner for Residential Rental Lots! We do not have any new businesses added with this pack.

Do the water heater, ac units include gameplay? Do they work on lots other than Residential Rentals?

Yes there is gameplay associated with the Water Heater, Electrical Panel, AC unit, and the Radiators. Some of these will have additional gameplay when used in conjunction with Seasons.
    These will work for all Residential lots, but when used in Residential Rental lots they will work for the individual units if placed inside them or for all units if placed in shared spaces.

Can a unit on a Residential Rental be a business venue/lot type?

Residential Rentals, a business in and of themselves, cannot be combined with other businesses.

Does mold cause Sims to become zombies?

Mold gameplay and associated deaths are very opt-in and easily avoidable. No Zombie outbreaks are attached to this new death type and ghost.

Closer than Ever

Will sims Snoop by themselves (autonomously)?

If Sims have the Nosy trait they will observe other Sims, but will not find out any secrets.

Are Snooping Sims Burglars? Will Burglar music play?

The iconic Sim burglar experience intrudes our thoughts for another day. Snooping and secrets are subtly different, although can be combined with Kleptomanic Trait for some fun and interesting active gameplay.

Bustling and Beautiful

How many new lots are there?

2 neighborhoods. 9 lots.

2 20x15
    3 20x20
    2 30x20
    1 30x30
    1 40x30

Do secrets and snooping work with any Sim and on any lot, or only on Residential Rentals?

Yes, these are available for all lots, not just Residential Rentals.

What new animals are in the animal sanctuary – is it a rabbithole?

The Tiger Sanctuary in Tomarang is a rabbithole activity for Sims. While your Sims adventure offscreen, you'll navigate the best choice path to earn them cool new rewards and unlockables!

Hopscotch and Marbles – what age groups can play these activities? Is it only children?

Marbles is Child specific, but collecting Marbles is available even after you’ve become an adult.
    Hopscotch was designed for Child Sims, but can be used by Teens and Up as well.

Can I ride Boats or in the Tuk Tuk?

No, Boats and Tuk Tuks are just for ambiance

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/for-rent-faq-with-devs

Ooh! Happy to see a QnA!

These are some important information! Why didn't they include it sooner? Especially this 99 unit cap per save!

And it turns out 3 of my ideas have been shot down. Welp, I need a new place in Sulani.

Also, will not find out any secret part is intriguing...
  • Options
    Also, it confirms that the world only has 9 lots. That is terrible... Like come on! Really?
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Oh well. At least the core new gameplay mechanic sounds interesting and truly game changing. A bit disappointed that snooping isn't the same as burglars break-ins but did they just tease that it IS coming at some point or is it just me? :D

I like that they were 100% transparent before release through this FAQ and addressed the more common questions, even if it means them saying "no, this won't be featured".
  • Options
    yes, the one thing i appreciate is transparency.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    [deleted] I think i figured out the answer haha.
    Post edited by Coconut27 on
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Oh well. At least the core new gameplay mechanic sounds interesting and truly game changing. A bit disappointed that snooping isn't the same as burglars break-ins but did they just tease that it IS coming at some point or is it just me? :D

I like that they were 100% transparent before release through this FAQ and addressed the more common questions, even if it means them saying "no, this won't be featured".

Yess this is way better than withholding this information only for the launch! I just hope with that unit cheat there can be more than 99 units per save for Simmers who want more units for their saves. <3

(I feel like most likely I won't even use the 99 units max per save most of the time, I understand they had to limit it at some point, but I wonder how it works with the unit cheat on).
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2023
    My Foxbury tower apartments development is out the window. I was such a perfect site for it. I don't like the restrictions and I don't like there's a limit to how many apartments total per save. I feel there should be at least on apartment building per worlds, but that's not going to happen now. I already have designed in my 81 units in my game, thus far and I dont know what premade units come with the new world.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Yess this is way better than withholding this information only for the launch! I just hope with that unit cheat there can be more than 99 units per save for Simmers who want more units for their saves. <3

(I feel like most likely I won't even use the 99 units max per save most of the time, I understand they had to limit it at some point, but I wonder how it works with the unit cheat on).

Reading the Q&A, I don't think there will be any more than 99 units per save even with the cheat turned on (maybe a modder will be able to change that, though).

Disappointed that residental rentals can't be built on penthouse lots. I was hoping to be able to use San Myshuno and get at least a few more apartments in the penthouse locations, but those plans will have to be scrapped now.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2023
    The cheat allows you to place 99 units per lot, however it's a maximum of 99 units per save. It's sort of silly because 99 units would be impossible on one lot, but the maximum for game, they could have many it unlimited.
    I hope a modder permit penthouse to become multi family rental residences- as it would be perfect and what I always wanted.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    The cheat allows you to place 99 units per lot, however it's a maximum of 99 units per save. It's sort of silly because 99 units would be impossible on one lot, but the maximum for game, they could have many it unlimited.
    I hope a modder permit penthouse to become multi family rental residences- as it would be perfect and what I always wanted.

Assuming they did not sit down and decide to allow exactly 99 units, but that it is technically possible with any 2 digit number, 99 being the biggest number. So, with the cheat this also covers for 10 units, which is not so silly ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    I think it's good to get some more detailed information now. So the map is as well confirmed with its two neighborhoods. To be honest, I was hoping that there was just a third neighborhood missing in the leaked map, but well. I don't really mind the lot's size but I can see that some might think the lots were too small. I also expected the Tiger Sanctuary to be a rabbit hole, so this news don't disappoint me.

But why can't the snoopers find out some secrets? That would have added a lot of fun I think... for example having a Sim who is cheating on their partner and the snooper finds it out and is talking about that to the other neighbors? Or a Sim having mold / bugs or whatever in their apartment and the snooper... well you know, is gossiping around. I was really planning to have such scenario. :disappointed:

Another thing I am also still wondering is: can we choose our own created Sims as tenants when playing the landlord? I want to play both, tenants and landlords but I only play with my own Sims, I NEVER play with any pre-made characters and those are all kicked out first, before starting a new game (they still show up in the game, and that is totally okay, I just don't want to play with them and I don't want them as NPC tenants - and classmates - so I really hope, that won't happen).
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited November 2023
    I don't understand why penthouse lots don't work?
    I mean its just a lot on top of a building?
    we could make those all the other lot types in the game why not this new lot type?

I somewhat understand sulani waterfronts cause water is tricky
    and I understand apartments cause we couldn't change lot type for those to begin with
    but I don't understand when penthouse lots are just your usual lots but high up
    has it something to do with routing? I am confusion

RIP my plans to make uptown penthouse lot useful
    and RIP also to the idea of using those University Dorm buildings :(
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free