Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For rent info thread

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited November 2023
    I get 95, but there seems to be at least 3 rooms that doesn't have a key over it, so 98?
    image.png
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited December 2023
    Guess I should have waited until the pack came out before I jumped the gun and started building. I just bulldozed 4 builds (work in progress) that I started on this past weekend. They won't comply with the new restrictions, so there's no sense trying to finish them.

2 waterfront beach lots for Sulani
    1 penthouse luxury apartment
    1 campground rental cabins for Granite Falls

I was especially happy with the way my woodsy campground was turning out. *sigh* So many hours wasted on that when I should have been getting my real life Xmas baking done instead. Serves me right for dodging my irl chores and committments. :D
    @AncientMuse
    maybe you can resort to an older save and save them. it's your work and you never know what the future holds of what modders may do. can save it in your personal library for a project to finish or tweak later.

I built separate cabin in Granite falls before and with the lock method it was a load a fun. And I dont recall exactly if it happened there on another group vacation-
    But in a motel type lot I made in Selvadorada with four motel type units, I went on vacation with less than the full occupancy and others, not from my family or group joined the lot. I am not sure if it was a bug or a mod I had in at the time. Few times I enjoyed it as they were acting like npcs. I which these types of lots like motel or hotels could be a update or refresh instead of a new pack.

You can get creative with the builds even if its not catering to official gameplay. It's a lot of work is the only thing and so time consuming. I have so many half baked projects but I throw them in my personal library. I think if you build it, information should be in your tray somehow.

Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    Well, I'm ready to get that info from that livestream! Though it seems like it started earlier on Twitch... Eh, I'll be on YouTube still.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 559 Member
    edited December 2023
    I was especially happy with the way my woodsy campground was turning out. *sigh* :D

Oh no! @AncientMuse You shouldn't have bulldozed that. The game allows you to invite people from other households to go on vacation with you. My characters sometimes organize retreats with their co-workers (this helps with promotions), and a multi-cabin campground would be perfect for that. Also, if you upload it to the gallery, people who own For Rent can place it in residential worlds if they want a rural village.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Does anybody know whether we'll be able to have more than 8 sims in a household now?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 559 Member
    Does anybody know whether we'll be able to have more than 8 sims in a household now?

Depends on what you mean by household. A household of active players can only have 8 sims, the same as before. For Rent allows you to put multiple households on the same lot, so you can have more than 8 people in the same building.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

no the limit is 8 per unit. mc command center has an option to increase household sizes, but I can't use it on my system. My computer starts to off-gas. I heard it works for others just fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Guess I should have waited until the pack came out before I jumped the gun and started building. I just bulldozed 4 builds (work in progress) that I started on this past weekend. They won't comply with the new restrictions, so there's no sense trying to finish them.

I was especially happy with the way my woodsy campground was turning out. *sigh* So many hours wasted on that when I should have been getting my real life Xmas baking done instead. Serves me right for dodging my irl chores and committments. :D
    @AncientMuse
    you can see if you can get them back with a previous save or if recent you can use this method to save your work. https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
  • Options
    Here's everything I gathered from the livestream:
    EgonVM wrote: »
    They had technical difficulties on YouTube. But I got as much as I could. Doing lists soon!
    • Create a Sim:
      • Traditional + Updated traditional south-east Asian styles.
      • A lot of tiger pictures on clothing is intentional.
      • 4 new aspirations: 1 Location, 1 Deviance, 1 Popularity, and 1 Fortune.
      • 5 new trait: 3 social, 1 Lifestyle, and 1 elder-exclusive Emotional.
      • Elders may receive the Wise trait when aging up, with geniuses being more likely to get it.
    • Build mode:
      • A new hot tub.
      • 2 new events, with a grill being a reward from Potluck event.
      • For Rent sign has a wall and ground variant.
      • Snowy Escape No Shoe thing is now a base game feature.
      • The new colors from kettles and slow cookers also add colors to the existing base game appliances.
      • You can boil water in microwave.
      • Air conditioner and radiators have gameplay effects with Seasons.
      • Electrical boxes, water heaters, radiators, and air conditioners have a decoration variant, so these can be used to decorate without these having a gameplay effect.
      • Water heater also has a outdoors with a solar panel variant.
      • Residential rental lots have a unit selection panel like with previous apartments. More to be filled in...
      • Each unit can have different traits. Build mode also suggest you objects to improve the rating, but these aren't required.
      • A lot with a lot of units isn't recommended.
      • Assign all rooms to this unit button assigns all the rooms to one unit.
    • New world:
      • 2 neighborhoods, 9 lots.
      • One is a busy neighborhood, one is more relaxed.
      • Rabbit hole temple.
      • Rabbit hole fish market to buy fish from.
      • The night market includes a craft stall (which include a tassal, something new to collect, jar for marbles, marbles, some food, and some local attire), vegetarian food stall, drinks and desserts stall, and non-vegetarian food stall.
      • The other neighborhood includes a rabbit hole tiger sanctuary, which can be visited, supported, or snuck into. Your sim can also be banned from the tiger sanctuary.
      • Swimmable area: swim far enough and you'll find a cave.
    • Live mode:
      • Autonomy is tweaked so sims use shared spaces more.
      • Base game update: Switch households by clicking on the lot/apartment door they're living in.
      • Maximum amount of rent is based on unit rating, which is based on size, amenities, environment, and maintenance. Players are insentivized to build nice units. Maintenance starts of poor, but will be improved as you play.
      • Maximum Occupancy limits to 3 sims.
      • Tenants options is pulled from sims currently not in the world, but about 20-30 hidden families were added to populate the potential tenant pool.
      • Unjustly evict: will have consequences.
      • Cringe sims can spout memes.
      • Sims can break into any residential lot. Once sim successfully entered, sims can snoop for secrets. There's a time limit fro breaking and entering, letting it run out will get your sim caught.
      • Secrets are added into Sim Info panel. Once your sim knows a secret, they can tell it to the sim, promise to keep it, or blackmail them.
      • Water boiler allows your sim to make tea and coffee.
      • Mold: There are two type of mold: toxic (which can have many serverites) and allergenic. These come when there's mold lot challenge and dirty plumbing. These can be cleaned, bombed away, or destroyed with fire.
      • Maintenance troubles can get your sims insect infestations for example.
      • When there is a trouble in a unit, your sim can solve the problem themselves or call a contractor. Your sim will be notified when one of the units is having a trouble. Events include water leak, haunting, electrical problems, tenant revolt etc.
      • Property Managers can do Inspection and Maintenance on the objects on lots.
    New aspirations:
    This Sim wants to immerse themselves in everything Tomarang has to offer!
    Deviance:
    Seeker of Secrets
    This Sim loves the thrill of discovering juicy Secrets about other Sims. What they do with that information has yet to be decided...
    Popularity:
    Discerning Dweller
    This Sim aspires to be the perfect Tenant and neighbor in a Residential Rental!
    Fortune:
    Five-Star Property Owner
    This Sim wants to be the best Property Owner the world has ever seen!

New traits:
    Cringe
    Sims who are obnoxiously oblivious and oftentimes met with polarizing reactions. Cringe Sims can be socially unaware of their surroundings at times, but have an adorable enthusiasm for life.
    Generous
    Caring, empathetic, and patient. These Sims are happiest when offering their time and money to help others. Everyone loves Generous Sims, but they can be a little too brazen with their donations.
    Nosy
    Sims who thrive on gossip, snooping, and spying. They have incredibly poor boundaries and don't quite understand what personal space is, but they will discover secrets by any means necessary.
    Child of the Village
    These Sims love feeling anchored to their community and Tomorani culture. Keeping in touch with loved ones and engaging in activities that remind them of home is important for being Happy.
    Wise (Elder exclusive)
    A Sim who's experienced enough life to know what really matters. These Sims enjoy reminiscing and sharing life's wisdom, making them excellent Mentors for those willing to listen. Their years of experience allow them to naturally learn new Skills with ease, and their emotional intelligence reduces their angry and uncomfortable thoughts.
    This one can be gained through gameplay by either aging up into an elder (with higher possibility of that happening with Genius trait and level 10 Logic skill) or Growing Together's self-discovery system.

Residential Rental lot description:
    Residential Rental
    Lot with rentable units.

World description:
    Tomarang
    Grown from humble roots off the coast of Shih Sea, Tomarang is lively with local fare, community chaos, and legends of lore. Known for its tight-knit communities and sun-filled shared spaces, Tomarang is a lush landscape of possibilities. Come cozy up with nature or fish around for neighborly niceties and whim-simsical secrets. Whether you're flying solo or raising generations, this region offers a warm welcome to any multi-living lifestyle! Sul Sul De-Kah!

Neighborhoods:
    Morensong
    A bustling neighborhood with pockets of idyllic peace and nooks of neighborly nuance! Morensong is the spot for vibrant communities to thrive, day or night. Stroll through the botanical garden or throw down in a game of playground hopscotch. Even join the Night Market buzz for some sunset shopping and moonlight munchies. The possibilities are endless!
    Koh Sahpa
    Neighbors with nature or other tenants. Koh Sahpa offers a more relaxed lifestyle along the river. After a dip in the sea or some much needed beach time, gather round at the Screaming Gecko for a drink or two. Feeling warm-hearted from all the sun? Visit The Sulea Tiger Sanctuary to support local conservation. No matter the choice, Koh Sahpa is the ideal spot for a go-with-the-flow attitude.

Unit Rating factor descriptions (3/4):
    Size: increase the unit's size to raise the tier's quality.
    Amenities: Place Items from Build Mode such as beds, toilets, showers/bathtubs, skill/hobby activities and appliances in a unit to raise the tier's quality.
    Environment: :(
    Maintenance: Keep the unit and shared space clean and repaired! Greet and initiate positive rental interactions with your tenants. Abide by the Unit Rules and participate in events to raise the tier's quality.

Unit rules:
    No Social Events
    Hosting any type of Social Event will be strictly off-limits at this Residential Rental unit!
    No Loud Noises
    Tenants will be prohibited from having TVs or stereos on between 10pm and 6am. Beware: Sims love to enjoy loud music or television, so this might make for an unpopular Property Owner.
    Maximum Occupancy
    Two's a crowd, three's a party, and four Sims in one household violates the Maximum Occupancy rule.
    No Trash Overload
    Tenants must maintain a tidy living space; clean appliances are a must, and accumulating trash or trash piles will not be tolerated.
    No Ghosts
    The afterlife is an afterthought here; no ghosts will be allowed to live in this Residential Rental unit.

Eviction tooltip:
    The distinction between a Just and Unjust Eviction is important. Just Evictions carry no repercussions, while Unjust ones will harm the Property Owner's relationship with the Tenant, lower the Unit Rating, and potentially lead to an Eviction settlement, costing additional Simoleons for the Property Owner.

Lot challenges (1/2):
    Maintenance Troubles (Only available for Residential)
    Home ownership involves maintenance and this lot brings surprise events knocking.

Available with For Rent.
    Mold
    :(

Crafts stall:
    Goods:
    • Marbles
    • Tassels
    • Jar for Marbles
    • Mysterious Basket
    • Vegan Non-Oil Lantern
    • Cooking ingredients (for example: Flour, Lemon, Parsley, Potato, Sugar...)
    Local Attire:
    • Layered Halter (25 $)
    • Striped Shirt (25 $)

Vegetarian Food stall:
    • Garlic Noodles
    • Burmese Samosa Soup
    • Tofu Pad Thai

Desserts and Drinks stall:
    Foods:
    • Halo-Halo
    • Bibingka
    Drinks:
    • Thai Iced Milk Tea
    • Ca Phe Trung
    • Sugarcane Juice

Non-Vegetarian Food Stall:
    • Chicken Stir Fry
    • Chicken Chimichurri Skewers
    • Pancit Bihon
    • Bahn Xeo
    • Malaysian Satay
    • Steamed Rice
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

@AncientMuse
    you can see if you can get them back with a previous save or if recent you can use this method to save your work. https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

@LeucosiaX

That's okay, I'm not heartbroken over it or anything and I do know how to recover a previous save (been there done that too many times than I care to count :D). I've decided I'm going to wait until I get the pack and decide what I want to do from there.

But I greatly appreciate you're help in trying to save me from my bulldozing frustration. Thank you!

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/rukRetNY-7A?si=yHhC2SIxChdWykHa

James Turner shows more how the rentals work in this video. In this game he plays it as a hotel, but rentals can be longer.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,065 Member
    How is the switch household feature?
    Is a long load screen?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    How is the switch household feature?
    Is a long load screen?

You get the regular blue loading screen, but on videos it has been very brief, no actual wait. Keep in mind though that those early players mostly had only this pack + basegame installed.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 182 Member
    There were a lot of fire outbreaks in that video... :astonished: I really don't like the fires, I actually hate them. Hopefully they didn't increase those outbreaks in the new pack. It also looks like those new electric supplies seems to get broken very often. I might just not use them if they're not necessary.
    The rest of the video was fun to watch, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    There were a lot of fire outbreaks in that video... :astonished: I really don't like the fires, I actually hate them. Hopefully they didn't increase those outbreaks in the new pack. It also looks like those new electric supplies seems to get broken very often. I might just not use them if they're not necessary.
    The rest of the video was fun to watch, though.

Fires are an issues with multi-residential units in real like. Be sure to plan for egress and not pack them all in like sardines.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 182 Member
    I know, @LeucosiaX I experienced fire in my real life, so I am done with that ... :disappointed: - sure, my Sims are going to have enough space so they can extinguish the fires or safe themselves.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Tomorang Oceans have sharks and stingrays both of which swim in the shallows so watch out for shark attacks. I saw it on one of Delegracy's early access videos pt 2.
  • Options
    Tomorang Oceans have sharks and stingrays both of which swim in the shallows so watch out for shark attacks. I saw it on one of Delegracy's early access videos pt 2.

Oh boy! One more ocean to test the danger level of!

For those not in the know, let me explain.
    Ocean danger level essentially indicates whether or not your sim can encounter sharks there and whether or not sims can be attacked by the ocean threat (which can lead to death by drowning).
    There are three levels:
    • Safe - No shark encounters and no ocean threat.
    • Mild - Shark encounters, but no ocean threat.
    • Dangerous - Shark encounters and ocean threat.
    To be attacked by the Ocean Threat, your sim first needs to encounter a shark. After that there is a small chance of getting pulled underwater while the shark encounter moodlet lasts.
    So far:
    • The dangerous oceans are:
      • Mua Pel'am (Sulani)
      • Foxbury Institute (Britechester)
    • The mild oceans are:
      • Lani St. Taz (Sulani)
      • University of Britechester (Britechester)
      • Gilbert Gardens (San Sequoia) (though some do report having their sim get attacked here, my test result state otherwise for some reason)
  • Options

Ocean danger level essentially indicates whether or not your sim can encounter sharks there and whether or not sims can be attacked by the ocean threat (which can lead to death by drowning).
    There are three levels:
    To be attacked by the Ocean Threat, your sim first needs to encounter a shark. After that there is a small chance of getting pulled underwater while the shark encounter moodlet lasts.
    So far:
      • Mua Pel'am (Sulani)
    • The mild oceans are:
      • Lani St. Taz (Sulani)
      • Gilbert Gardens (San Sequoia) (though some do report having their sim get attacked here, my test result state otherwise for some reason)

In San Sequoia my sim got attacked by a shark in that water were the alligator is. He was pulled under and I saw the fin but he wasn't killed.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    thank goodness. i was worried about that as i was very excited to make a thai restaurant!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,236 Member

There are three levels:
    So far:
      • Mua Pel'am (Sulani)
    • The mild oceans are:
      • Lani St. Taz (Sulani)

Is this new for the pack?
  • Options

There are three levels:
    So far:
      • Mua Pel'am (Sulani)
    • The mild oceans are:
      • Lani St. Taz (Sulani)

Is this new for the pack?

No, it's a feature from Island Living, but I brought it up as the oceans in the new world threaten to be either Mild or Dangerous.
  • Options
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    thank goodness. i was worried about that as i was very excited to make a thai restaurant!

I might put a restuarent in Tomorang now.
  • Options
    I enjoyed this video. It really cleared up a lot of my questions:

https://youtu.be/x9SsWxrofus?si=suo4H5mktjEuZPXo