Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2023
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    I don't think the households/sims per hosehold will be limited.
    There will just not all sims of the unplayed households show up at the same time outside their appartment.
    Just like you have several group meetings at the same time. There is a certain limit how many sims can be on one lot at the same time.

I tried this for their concerts and this is the maximum I could reach even though we started several group meetings at the same time.
    2e9ae121cea5fc455c42fdb9e36af09816f1062d.jpg

It didn't even help that this was a community lot. No way to get more sims together (afaik/ without mods)
    461774201796f89e439455b1b509ff897c2efaba.jpg

Yeah well I will not mind the loading screens in that case if it means the residential rental lots can have more than 4 families at least. I read some people noticed how they were able to label/tag their Gallery lot with 9 bathrooms and 9 bedrooms and they are unsure if it is just them, if it is a glitch or if Maxis actually updated it recently because maybe we can have a maximum of 9 households per residential rental lot, now that would be awesome and enough for me. I understand every pack has its own limitations but hopefully we get that many apartment units per lot at least, would be more than a game changer for me and many other players too <3:love:
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Has it actually been confirmed that apartment lots is 8 Sims total spread-out through all the possible households?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Has it actually been confirmed that apartment lots is 8 Sims total spread-out through all the possible households?

Not as far as I'm aware. Doesn't seem like something they'd do tbh.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

The blog post mentions creating apartments for big families on the same lot, so I feel like that is not the case thankfully :smile:
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

No, it hasn't been confirmed. In the trailer, the most number of sims you can see on the lot at any given time is 12.

Either:
    1) Residential rentals have a limit of 8 or 10 sims, and some of the sims on the lot are just visiting.
    2) Residential rentals have a limit of 12 sims, slightly higher than the roommate max.
    3) Residential rentals have a limit of more than 12 sims, and they were being conservative to reduce lag/errors, take smoother videos for the trailer, and allow extra spawn slots for sims to walk past the lot (the game can load 20 sims in a zone at a time without mods).

I would really like it to be 3, but based on past experience, I think it's safer at the moment to assume that we're likely to get 1) or 2).
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2023
    I'm very relieved that I was wrong in assuming that because the description said something about two families in a lot, that would be the limit overall.

But, sadly, what we have here is another Game Pack-sized pack being released as an Expansion Pack. It's bad enough that this couldn't have just been in City Living, it's even worse that they release such a small amount of content as a full Expansion Pack. For shame, EA. You have the Game Pack option, use it. This - and Horse Ranch - are exactly the size of content for a Game Pack. You got people excited with the notion of three EPs in a year, but at least two of them are Game Packs being released as EPs. =/

Also, personally, while I appreciate some diverse cultural representation, I do not like tropical worlds. I hate not having seasons. It makes worlds unplayable for me. So this is yet another world that I will never play (if I ever get the pack).
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The clothes and B/B has not drawn me in so far. But I enjoy the look of the world so far.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2023
    EA/Maxis has caught my interest, but I am wondering is this theme restricted to the EP or can we build from scratch in other neighborhoods?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    EA/Maxis has caught my interest, but I am wondering is this theme restricted to the EP or can we build from scratch in other neighborhoods?

According to one of the accompanying blogs, residential rental lots can be placed in any of the worlds, not just the new one in the EP.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

According to one of the accompanying blogs, residential rental lots can be placed in any of the worlds, not just the new one in the EP.

If true that is a plus for me and is a buy for me. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    If true that is a plus for me and is a buy for me. :)

I would be surprised if they were wrong! The relevant bit:
    For the first time ever in The Sims 4, Simmers can build a fully customizable multi-unit dwelling where multiple Sim families can live on the same lot. This is possible in ANY liveable The Sims 4 world!

From here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/for-rent-expansion-pack

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

The clothes disappoint me. The colours could have been more vibrant, like in the rest of the town.
    Thailand has such an interesting, unique fashion scene. They could just have googled if they ran out of ideas.
    TS4_For-Rent_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_03.jpg?im=AspectCrop=%2816,9%29,xPosition=0.5,yPosition=0.5&w=1024

TS4_For-Rent_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_02.jpg?im=AspectCrop=%2816,9%29,xPosition=0.33125,yPosition=0.4515873015873016&w=1024
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I wish I could be more excited but with every feature I saw I just kept thinking, "This is going to be so full of bugs".
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    I need more than just two household per lot. I have had condos with 8 separate units on there and would really like to maximize free from multi generational living. I really am super enthusiastic, but the should try harder to liven the gameplay up.

Animal Sanctuary -please do not be a rabbit hole!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I don't get it.

I am not sure if it will play anything like they showed in the trailer and I am not sure how tenants, sims snooping, sims breaking and entering and how mold will actually affect the game and if it will be more annoying than fun.

I can't help but suspect that this will feel like horse ranch where they have spent most of their resources on making a larger feature, in this case the residential rental lot and then they have added some smaller features around it, together with a pretty but empty world.

I'm not sure if I will buy it, I do miss having a new sims pack to play over the holidays but I also have many other games that I would like to buy and play as well...
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2023
    I like the mold as a concept. I hope mold will have some serious effects on your sim before it turns lethal. Though I imagine it will be very easy to deal with, so you'll have to go out of your way to ignore it and let it grow before you can have any fun with it.

But aside from having a very cool animation, I'm meh on the new death and ghost. New deaths don't mean much when they're annoyingly hard to trigger, there's no element of surprise because you have to plan everything. And the "reward", ie Ghosts, are boring to play with. Having one singular gimmick power won't make me play them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I mean the ai leaks were motorcycles and petting panda bears & wildlife and instead we get duplexes and black mold. Very realistic, as in life- but it doesn't feel that fun.
    I don't really what to excuse the 6 figure game developers excuses on why there has to be so many limitations expansions pack dont feel like expansion packs so they can go home early. I mean the game should feel fun and like a game.

The are supposed to push boundaries to make the game feel like entirely new gameplay. I don't really see it in the trailer. And the spicy hot - that is a city living feature and should not be repeated on this expansion pack as a feature.
    I am very curious on the details of how the gameplay between, only the two different household will be experienced in game.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    They shouldn't tease us with an animal sanctuary at all if it's only a rabbit hole. I hope the next expansion is a safari proper.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The gross mold & mold death is just so wrong. :s
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2023
    Seems like Pack Refreshs aren't death, but will be upsold as Packs in the future.

I fear the animal sanctuary won't be more than a side note. These days, the trailers basically show everything that comes with the Pack already. I don't think they'd reserve any animal that can be interacted with to the gameplay Trailer, they would at least have shown a first glimpse of it If there where any. So I assume there will be rabbithole cages plus a few small animals like the birds, lizards and rodents (similar to those in Jungle Adventures and Granite Falls) that aren't interactable at the maximum. I'd really love to be proven wrong.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    How do they even decide what's an expansion pack or a game pack? Like, they first sell vampires in a game pack, then they think cats and dogs are a huge expansion. The term "game pack" makes it a lot of confusing.

I will not rent the houses themselves, I will rent each of their room separately, just like EA. >:)
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2023
    I'm really excited about this pack but I see some negatives as well.

Pool parties being introduced but no pool slides or pool waterfalls.

No hotels.

I feel like they may have decided this was the next best thing. We can't give you hotels instead we will give you this🤔
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    deedles64 wrote: »
    I'm really excited about this pack but I see some negatives as well.

Pool parties being introduced but no pool slides or pool waterfalls.

No hotels.

I feel like they may have decided this was the next best thing. We can't give you hotels instead we will give you this🤔

Strangely enough I now have more hope for hotels than before. The sims team has figured out how to assign different zones in one lot to different households. I can see them using this as a base for hotels. With this pack they obviously focused on actually living in those multi household lots but I don't think this means we won't ever get hotels.
    Eca wrote: »
    How do they even decide what's an expansion pack or a game pack? Like, they first sell vampires in a game pack, then they think cats and dogs are a huge expansion. The term "game pack" makes it a lot of confusing.

I will not rent the houses themselves, I will rent each of their room separately, just like EA. >:)

I don't know how EA decides what's a game pack and what's an expansion pack. But it feels like the cost to make a pack is a more important factor than the impact on gameplay. Whatever the case, I won't make any calls on what for rent should have been just yet with only one trailer.
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I have a phobia of mold. I am unsure as to whether or not someone will make a mod to remove this, but I hope they do. This is the first time I've felt uncomfortable playing The Sims, ever.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2023
    Yes, the clothes don't look super versatile. I understand they're inspired by South East Asian fashion, but personally I also like having versatile stuff that all my sims can wear. For instance we DESPERATELY need good looking, normal length jeans for men.
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    The clothes disappoint me. The colours could have been more vibrant, like in the rest of the town.
    Thailand has such an interesting, unique fashion scene. They could just have googled if they ran out of ideas.
    TS4_For-Rent_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_03.jpg?im=AspectCrop=%2816,9%29,xPosition=0.5,yPosition=0.5&w=1024

TS4_For-Rent_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_02.jpg?im=AspectCrop=%2816,9%29,xPosition=0.33125,yPosition=0.4515873015873016&w=1024