Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

This for rent negative thread

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The trailer gives me the impression that there will be 10 sims on a lot max, like a tweaked version of the roommate system. Not what I was hoping for in terms of having a large family living in a multi-family lot.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,424 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The trailer gives me the impression that there will be 10 sims on a lot max, like a tweaked version of the roommate system. Not what I was hoping for in terms of having a large family living in a multi-family lot.

If the apartment system is like for TS2, you could interact with your neighbors in the common areas. From the trailers it looked like the sims were in common areas.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Landlords.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I thought I would like everything about this pack, but...

My worst nightmare...
    As if the kleptomanic sims and the NAP weren't worse enough -.-
    52904cc2f9b352a2342bbc1f5d04cecd94e4f223.pnj

And... ö.Ö'
    457f3d8cc3f1efb2240dc597e749985089da8d60.pnj
    72d011cefe129254ee7bc7ab1ffb39671ab9db98.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,230 Member
    I guess my negative is the wirld.I don't mind its a Thai world,but it looks like a town world and not a city world.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited November 2023
    I hope we can toggle the break ins. It sounds OK for some situations but I don't want this in all the apartments.

I want Mediterranean food. With the Mediterranean world of tartosa we got only Asian food so it would be only fair if this Asian pack finally gives us the Mediterranean cuisine we missed out on. Especially lasagna and ravioli. But I get an impression we only get more Asian food.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,007 Member
    I guess my negative is the wirld.I don't mind its a Thai world,but it looks like a town world and not a city world.

Same, I really hoped another city.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,230 Member

Yah,I missed city worlds.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

Yah,I missed city worlds.

Would be so awesome if in 2024 we may get a city-type world again, maybe a Korean or South African city world with bands, singers etc? Also would love there to be a Showtime themed EP someday too, I loved the active careers and the venues in Sims 3 Showtime <3
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    Only thing negative I have to say is we are readdressing a theme that we already have.
    I am glad to see additional improvements, but it's costing me more money. :p
    Of course I will be dolling out more money if I can make custom apartments, housing three tenets or more, in any neighborhood I want.
    And if my sims can own those properties and get paid, oh yeah.

:p That's what I wanted from apartments in the first place.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,990 Member
    Oh dear so many concerns where to start
    I guess I'll start with classic:

I saw a crop top it was bad my friends please excuse me *goes sob in the corner*

*gets back up grabs paper towel and blows nose like elephant*

ahem. I am back my friends lets get to the other concerns

1. are all these beautiful buildings just shells and rabbitholes? are all these pier houses just shells? Can we actually use any transportation seen in this trailer? I need answers

2. are we not going to get proper burglars with proper burglar attire, big sacks of items, burglar alarms and police catching them? is it just another random crop top girl taking my stuff? I demand the burglars stick to the dresscode at very least

3. It is still quite impossible to see from this trailer how the rental properties actually work and I'll be upset in advance just in case

4. this kind of feels like mix of packs we have based on this trailer and idk how to feel about it like for example I'm excited that maybe i can now have my sims do these things in other worlds but also kind of like it could have just been in those packs so eh mixed feelings

5. theyre still doing that limited item thing and i hate it passionately
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2023
    What I said about the leak:
    - The way "breaking and entering" is described leaves me suspicious. I won't get my hopes up for burglars but I will be celebrating if it's confirmed.
    No classic burglars it seems. At least I didn't get my hopes up.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,424 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm... not sure if this refutes my worry? I'm just basing it on the trailer and how many "single" residents appeared to be tenants of the apartment building. Until we have solid information otherwise, I get the feeling that residential rental lots won't let me house as many sims as I had hoped. I'd love for that not to be the case, though.

I see what you mean, hopefully that won't be the case. At least they won't be cooking in your kitchen and pooping in your toilet anymore and leaving dirty dishes everywhere.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    The only negatives I have are the new death and burglars. I hope there is a way to avoid or turn off the death as I spend a lot of time creating and skilling up my sims so don’t want them to die. As for the burglars, I hope only active sims can burglarize others so my sims can avoid being burglarized. I don’t want their stuff stolen when I’m playing another household.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    I didn't like the trailer, I think the music distracted me to much, but after reading the blog about it I am not as negative, but I do have some concerns. The biggest concern for me will be how many Sims can live on each lot. Another is how big are the lots going to be that we can build on. In the older worlds it is going to be harder to build a big rental to house multiple families with the tiny lot sizes. I don't know, I can't pinpoint anything specific, but I am just not feeling this pack as much as I have others in the past.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't even get it. What's the game play? Doing the same stuff you do on a daily basis but now you have to do it for a building? Thrilling.

They should have made an occult pack or a big music pack instead.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,879 Member
    Honestly It looks cool, but the gameplay is stuff that could have and probably should have come with City Living.
    I do like the world though and a lot of things I’ve seen in the trailer.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    There are only a few things I'm a little I guess concerned about. I've never been a fan of burglars, hated then actually. The Sims 3 barely worked for me but guess what did. Those guys, and zombies. At least burglars go away if you had the alarm. But that was pre-cheats beginning playing the sims me. And I wasn't super good at it, and rarely had the money for the alarm right away. 🙃 And tended to forget I needed it (mostly bc my game was so unstable I couldn't play it often) until they had already robbed me. Deep hate of those guys. Also fences Do Not keep the zombies out of your hard grown garden 😤. I digress.

So not super glad to see these guys back. While it's very interesting to see they've evolved, and it starts with snooping and casing the joint, I want a toggle. And several alarms. Like if I can't turn the burglary off entirely, I need a way to make sure none of MY sims deal with it. Not in houses or apartments. And maybe a really good security system option for the apartment itself. Like this is definitely one of those features where it's like some people love it but others hate it. I'm fine with werewolves running around everywhere, other people hated it. Toggle. I vote for a toggle for this.

Second thing, so like we're not getting bed and breakfast or hotels or any of that are we? Like I read the blog post "create a variety of dwellings, including townhomes, duplexes, apartments, and more!" All great, super even happy to see it. I just feel like if any of that "more" option included actual businesses outside of multifamily branching into other aspects of the hospitality industry, they would've mentioned at least one. Or mentioned traveling to this new world in the post, rather than simply "moving".

Like don't get me wrong I am excited, wait this is the negative thread I don't have to qualify my emotions. I wanted more than apartments. I like apartments wanted them for years. I feel like this all looks super nice. But several of these features should have already been in game. And it feels like this entire pack concept is things that should've been in game including giving more representation of places outside of America and Western Europe. But like tbh mostly America. And if they were finally giving the community what it wanted and deserved they could've given just a bit more to round it out. Especially since we've spent truly insane amounts of money on this game at this point.

Like seriously still don't even have fairies. When this game came out I wasn't even 20 yet. And now I'm pushing 30. That's a long time for people to still not have things you have provided before especially when you have a "better" format than before. And you're trying to convince then to by the next one.

So yeah I'm a little let down by not having multifunctional lots that allow live-in business, hotels, etc. And the fact that no mention has been made of elevators concerns me. Especially since this pack is obviously perfect to give us some usable ones. And that would be the perfect tie in for more diversity in representation of those with disabilities. And being able to build apartments that can accommodate those. Even the small things like having handicap buttons would be nice.

Other than that though, I already said the things I did quite like in the positive thread. 😌
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,588 Member
    edited November 2023
    This might be the second ever EP (first was Eco Lifestyle) that I'm not going to buy.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I saw empty boats in the trailer but it looks like they're deco. Would've been cool to have more transportation like long boats for more than 1 sim, scooters, or tuk tuks.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I only hope my sims won’t be tense or angry from neighbors that stops them from sleeping at night, or ruins their entire moods with their loud noises. that’s would be such a joy kill
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I'm really excited about this pack but I see some negatives as well.

Pool parties being introduced but no pool slides or pool waterfalls.

No hotels.

• Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Kinda scared about the maximum number of families on a single lot not gonna lie.
    Blog post only mentions "renting a basement, a duplex for close families or big apartments for large families" but not whole buildings with many families and the only pic showing multi residential lot shows two big apartments. Hoping we can get at least 4 families which was more than enough in TS2.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 445 Member
    I’m a bit torn, so I’m posting in both threads, lol.

The main negative on my mind at this point is that this pack is probably going to be super buggy on release, so who knows when I’d actually buy it. So many new systems! Forget it, everything will break. I’ll probably also hold off on installing any pre-release updates for a bit, just in case.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    Despite my initial opinion about this pack, I'm quite excited for it now! However, I have a feeling that Build Mode might break in the pre-patch because of the new apartment system introduced in this pack and also whether or not the animal sanctuary will be a rabbit hole...which is most likely the case but I'll take my own assumption with a grain of salt though. Breaking and entering is another aspect that I'm concerned about because there's not enough details about it, especially when it comes to the so-called "snoopers" (is this what they're calling nosy neighbors or burglars now?). 🤷
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥