Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Behind The Sims: Tuesday September 12

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member

Behind The Sims: A FIRST LOOK! & THE LATEST ON PROJECT RENE!

The presentation will include the upcoming Sims 4 season, Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay updates, and the latest on Project Rene.
15 minutes.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,451 Member
    It's only going to be 15 minutes? That's a bummer :/
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,394 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

Last time it was 15 minutes as well. If they don't do any dances there's plenty of time for announcements.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,451 Member
    @crocobaura ok my bad. I thought the last one was 30 min, but it was 15 like you said. Which is good, because I can watch the whole thing while eating lunch at work (just realized that) lol.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Starfree wrote: »

Last time it was 15 minutes as well. If they don't do any dances there's plenty of time for announcements.

For sure there's going to be dancing. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    From the game's home page. Big news coming soon.

PHBIav6.png
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
    "Big news" probably means a kit made in collaboration with some who-be-dat celebrity.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Big news? A release date??
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Oh I hope the Big News isn't that Sims 4 is ending. I have baaaaaaaad feeling about this.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 512 Member
    ImSands wrote: »
    Oh I hope the Big News isn't that Sims 4 is ending. I have baaaaaaaad feeling about this.

Oh no, I hope it isn’t that. :'(
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited September 2023
    I don't see TS4 ending until Rene/TS5 is ready to launch. Warts and all, I hope the end of TS4 and new content for it is still years away. The silence from EA lately means that the big news is probably just the fact that they're saying anything at all. I feel like the news will be a broad overview of what's coming in 2024, the number of packs and kits, the latest on Rene, and the switch over for Mac users to the EA App.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,612 Member
    edited September 2023

From what was mentioned not that long ago, Sims 4 still has a ways to go. I'm unconcerned. I'm not going on to anything else. But if it does end, (which it will eventually) I can then be freer to add a few more mods I'm interested in without fear of a patch upending my game. :/
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,347 EA Community Manager
    Since SOMEONE beat me to posting a thread again, I'll just be using this as the watchalong thread as well :)

Please feel free to speculate wildly while I update my Sims 4 bingo card.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Could the big news relate to the world menu upgrade? My start page is now full of world icons, so if they plan any more worlds I will need to scroll the world menu, and I really think it would be better not to scroll... With a new design there might be room for many new worlds to come... and, hopefully, vacation worlds open to residents, too! ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Support, content and updates for The Sims 4 isn't going to be ending anytime soon. Super double pinky promise.

Yay!! 💚
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    New life stage? o:)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    You could fit a dragon behind the sims. If it's small enough, you could even hide it behind them, too.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    Since SOMEONE beat me to posting a thread again, I'll just be using this as the watchalong thread as well :)

This is the kind of drama that makes me happy. :D
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 441 Member
    I hope the news is that they’re bringing back stuff packs. And bundles.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Will have to wait tomorrow nite or the weekend to watch cause of school and then homework I always have that is due the next day
    Big news what is the plan for a) kits packs for the rest of 2023 b) base game c)pack refresh d) glitches etc that need fixing what they are able to fix during the remaining months of 2023
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    New roadmap announcement... can't wait to see what the next theme will be! I'm hoping it'll be occult-ish or futuristic-ish. :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited September 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    You could fit a dragon behind the sims. If it's small enough, you could even hide it behind them, too.

@Gordy For you, I sincerely hope you get Dragons. I have my fingers crossed for you!
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited September 2023
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I hope the news is that they’re bringing back stuff packs. And bundles.

That is something I miss. I hope they add some stuff packs. They were a great way to introduce some cool gameplay!

Maybe they could introduce a merfolk themed stuff pack with items styled to simulate underwater. Right now, there are so many things I use for my merfolk hidden behind cheats in build mode, and it still only scratches the surface of what I want for my merfolk.

And, it would make life easier if I wasn’t so mod and custom content dependent for my merfolk gameplay.
    New roadmap announcement... can't wait to see what the next theme will be! I'm hoping it'll be occult-ish or futuristic-ish. :smiley:

A refresh for Island Living would also be amazing. I’d absolutely love to see merfolk get updated with a similar skill tree other occults enjoy!

I’m also hoping for fairies and more futuristic stuff too! I do have plans to include Aliens in my gameplay rotation. ;)

This is the kind of drama that makes me happy. :D

I can’t agree more!

From what was mentioned not that long ago, Sims 4 still has a ways to go. I'm unconcerned. I'm not going on to anything else. But if it does end, (which it will eventually) I can then be freer to add a few more mods I'm interested in without fear of a patch upending my game. :/

The plans for project Rene make me curious, but I’m not going to drop TS4 just because TS5 gets released. For me, TS5 isn’t going to be considered until after they release merfolk, so I think it will be a very long time before I move on from TS4.

And, the ability to enjoy mods without a mod-apocalypse is something to look forward to.

————————————-

I’m choosing to be optimistic, but for right now, I’m not moving on from The Sims 4.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited September 2023
    I've been trying to find this thread for ages! I'm nervous about later today but I am glad to hear that support/updates are still going to happen for this game. I am not ready to move on to Rene yet if at all!

Does anyone know if it is just a 'big' annoucement (new roadmap) or an actual 'big' update to the game they are announcing today? I feel like I'm hearing conflicting things.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    As long as we get multi-purpose community lots and more kinds of pets/farm animals,I'll be happy.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?