Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sims do you play?

Comments

• Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    something else (let us know in the comments below)
    I play with… ZERO sims… Something funky or wrong with my new Labtop and can’t seem to install *Origion* onto it… So, I can’t play sims BUT I can still be on here lol 😝
    I miss it often but… Eh, it is what it is… Something doesn’t want me playing Sims lol
    (Only laughing on the outside btw)
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Less than 10/ in one save
    I don't rotate at all. Each save I play only one family.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I play a random amount of families in multiple saves if I hear about a major bug I will just use one for a bit or eradicate the older saves no matter where they are or hiw much I like them and start over. I play to chill out which can be under ten and over a hundred+ depending on how things go and that can increase when I am in the mood for scenarios they get their own save.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,981 Member
    More than 100/ in one save
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    I play with… ZERO sims… Something funky or wrong with my new Labtop and can’t seem to install *Origion* onto it… So, I can’t play sims BUT I can still be on here lol 😝
    I miss it often but… Eh, it is what it is… Something doesn’t want me playing Sims lol
    (Only laughing on the outside btw)

if its windows laptop you should install EA App not Origin

if its mac then no idea
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2023
    Less than 10/ in different saves
    My playing style seems to be fairly unique. I play TS4 to relax. I've tried rotating between several households at a time, and it always ends up feeling stressful to me for some reason. I can barely manage a household with three or four Sims without feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I'll sometimes play more than one household in a save, but never more than two or three, and only if those households are fairly small. My daughter and I also have several saves going, featuring different characters.

One of those saves has over 100 Sims whom we've put in houses, but all but two households are "supporting actors." There are a gazillion "Not in World" Sims in that save, too.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    I always play ts4 with one "main sim" in mind, so I find it quite difficult to play with multiple generations or families/sims in general
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    More than 100/ in different saves
    Tough choice between "More than 100/ in different saves" and "More than 100/ in one save".
    I have a few saves (with dedicated backup folders for each) , but I do have over 100 in a couple of those saves.

In fact, one of my characters might have over 100 children (I know he has over 80, and some of them have children of their own).
    My other mega save is the "Monsters" save that we started around Halloween last year, where my daughter kept making all sorts of supernatural characters from all over the world, and letting them have children and grandchildren, and they are all immortal. That is a pretty massive save.

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I've got 26 saves that I play, with 2 families in each and since most families are 3 or more I'm estimating that my total is just over 100 sims. It takes time to rotate through them all but that's how my game evolved and I like the variety.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,677 Member
    Technically, I have around 100 sims in my played households in one save, but they aren’t all regularly played. I have them there to keep them reserved for story purposes because they are important characters to my world. They do get played when needed. In reality, there are maybe five households that get regular gameplay time, so about 20 sims or so, there.
  • Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 49 Member
    Less than 50/ in one save
    i've made countless sims over the years however right now iam currently playing 8 active families with a total of 38 sims (that doesn't include the current 5 cats and 2 horse with probably more pets on the way as i go)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,931 Member
    Less than 50/ in different saves
    If a house has more than four, it becomes unfun. If a neighborhood has more than 20 played sims, it's too much to stay on top of. I have multiple saves but tend to invest in one for a few weeks, then maaaaybe go back to another one. Some of my saves are too dense (as far as remembering who is who and what storylines were emerging) to really get back into, so I just keep loading houses and staring in bewilderment. I miss the days of TS1's sim biographies - -they were easy to access and I used them for notes about stuff that was going on.

Would the household bios do what you want @Smellincoffee ?

As far as I know, the player has to edit that from neighborhood view, and it's not visible except in neighborhood view. In The Sims 1, players could hover over a sim's icon in the relationship panel and see their bio, and then ctrl-clicking a played sim (in the active household) would open up a box to edit it. You couldn't edit a sim in a lot you weren't currently playing, but it worked well enough that I remember it fondly. The sims 2 also had bios, but they were kinda hidden and that instant-read access wasn't there.

Ah I see @Smellincoffee . Yes, you're right that you need to be in the neighborhood view to see the bios. (afaik)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    I tend to play one household in one save at the time. Sometimes I keep their family or friends from the same save as "my" sims because I like control of them. I can have a few saves at the same time, but I tend to get lost in one at the time.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    Less than 100/ in different saves
    I’m in the process of reorganising my played households and saves. A few years ago I started a rotational save and I played a couple of households in each world. But this got too big as I’ve added quite a few packs with worlds since then. My recommended sim count is 80 and I’m quite happy to stick with that - too many sims and I lose interest in some of them, or I run out of ideas. So I’ve been culling families I’m not too bothered about and now have about one played household per world.

I’ve also split up my single rotational save into separate saves, one for each played household. But I still play them like a rotation - one week with each household and then onto the next. I’m not fussed about my different sim families no longer being able to interact with each other as I didn’t really play like that anyway. And there are some big upsides: no worries about milestones resetting, and it makes university more manageable and enjoyable. So I’ll see how it goes :)
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 961 Member
    I have a bit more than 100 played sims in one save. I don't play everybody all the time, though.

2023-050.png

2023-011.jpg
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Over 100, aging off, and I mostly play premades. Geoffrey Landgraab is on his 3rd wife.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Over 550 in a save that is from 2017...or '18.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Less than 100/ in different saves
    I'm really bad about creating sims because I'm bored and I want to do something in CAS, and then forgetting about them. Between all 7 saves I've no doubt created over 200, but I actually play less than half of them.

There are many poor, neglected sims I've created walking the streets in my games lol
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    I stop and start saves all the time. Sometimes I might just play a handful of sims, others are multi-family or multi-generational/
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I used to only have one sim or sim family per save. Then I had a whole lot of save games though. I have tried rotational play, but it was not for me, so one game per save. I did have one save that had several lots and sims on lots, it was my testing cc save. I purely used it to test my cc after updates and new games. But for now I have ONE save only in my brand newly downloaded sims game. I factory reset my laptop and the only thing on it is my Vanilla sims game. I am trying to keep my busy dying laptop alive for as long as I can hence the big change ;)
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    246 sims in a save I've been playing since 2015. <3
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    I have no idea how many sims I've played, but its certainly more than 100. I have many saves, around 30 I think. I play anything from 1 to 20 households. Actually, there's only one save where I play 1 house, which is my first ever sim (from the CAS demo) and her family.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,288 Member
    edited August 2023
    181 sims (57 households)

It started in 2015 with a single sim then I created his family (children, siblings, parents, cousins, ...), their friends, Pollinator family tree and finally brought back my favorite sims from TS2 and TS3.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Primarily, I do have it at the 200 max limit and move Sims out of main to unplayed in my randomized rotational file when I get to 175 Sims played down to 150. I also do have some alt files running at the moment as well.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I am currently playing a singer who is working her way up the fame ladder in one save, a family of four in another save (although I have other unplayed sims that I have created and used to play with in that save), and a werewolf and her human BF. I am going to be starting another supernatural save soon though.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    edited August 2023
    Wait, people actively play more than one Sim? I've been rocking the same lady across saves for enough time that almost every save is just some alternate universe variant of her except for probably 3 at most (at least on TS4 and not earlier games.) the rare times I decide to have her marry and/or adopt usually signal the start of a new save shortly after.

I do have a tendancy to move in a good 200 custom Sims, but I don't really touch them, they're more like background elements.
    L9q8VGi.png