Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there really so much more than the trailer shows? 👩‍💻

In the discussions about the trailer of the new expansion, some complained about lacking content,
while others claimed that the trailers do not show everything and there would be more to discover when the EP was released.
What do you think?
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Is there really so much more than the trailer shows? 👩‍💻 103 votes

I think the trailers are pretty accurate
57%
JadeleineIcewolfIrishSimmer21bandit5alexspoom13Omri147Colorist40sam123mcruddelanorbretonsimgirl1010Elegantblkchina1Phantomrose90MindofyDarkLady2788KennziKaigeSimplyJensclevenger08BabykittyjadeDaravi 59 votes
I think there is significant more than the trailer shows (please give an example)
11%
BreeSashaIceyJshygirlashcrash19LSM36Horrorgirl6JemmaTheSimmerDrakosWildIrishBansheeRememberJoyIsharellamydunne 12 votes
I think the trailer shows the EP in a better light than it actually is (please give an example)
31%
CK213alan650111MelisendrefreindlylolfriendlysimmersAeroprincess87Cinebaralanmichael1BariSaxyLustianiciajcp011c2bixtersbecks1112snoepjes1210ChadSims2AineLenny_OggOldeseadoggeSheepilingXannah 32 votes

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    I think the trailer shows the EP in a better light than it actually is (please give an example)

Imo the trailer is the promotion for the pack and they want to hook as many people as possible to buy it.
    So I think they show everything (and exaggerate a bit, it's a commercial after all ;)).
    I rewatched a lot of the trailers of packs I play a lot.
    And I find that they show the gameplay pretty accurate.
    For the lots I'm not so sure.
    Highschool Years for example. None of the teen rooms from the trailer looks like they are ingame and I'm pretty sure that not even the school looks like in the trailer.
    sims-4-enth%C3%BCllt-neues-erweiterungspaket-und-gibt-teenies-endlich-was-zu-tun_6185709.jpg
    As far as I remember the lots shown in the trailer from Henford or Sulani look so much prettier than in the final version.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I think the trailer shows most that is in the pack. There might be some tidbits here or there but I don't expect big features to be left out.

I expect the trailer to be relatively accurate but not 100%. Trailers usually make the world see more alive.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I've never really seen(That comes to mind, but it's been a lot of years and a lot of trailers lol) a trailer that left out anything significant. I mean sure, maybe a few details but nothing huge that would make someone go from "Hate This" to "OMG I MUST HAVE".

I should change my vote, because actually, I think the trailers often show more than what you actually get. Remember "Wedding Stories" when we all thought we were getting better photography because of the wedding and engagement photos on the wall? The High School Years pack made the highschool look vibrant and full and in reality it's a huge empty building with a handful of kids that keep changing everyday so your teens can't even build relationships(or is that just my game? lol). Sooo, I feel pretty confident that what we saw in the Horse Ranch trailer is what we are getting. Soo no unicorns, they would of hinted at something that big(or at least I would believe so)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @sclevenger08 no, you are right about the classmates. It's the same in my game. And when I had to take screenshots for the story it was so annoying when the 'actor' for the scene was missing 😅
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I think there is significant more than the trailer shows (please give an example)
    Yes, we've seen a lot of the big items, but for me, the special details are a big part of what I love about the Sims. For one thing, we haven't seen all of the world yet. Didn't I see mention of a Sacred Prayer Circle, as well as other items relating to Native Americans? I am eager to see these items, which weren't shown in the trailer. How does the prairie grass get harvested? Do we grow it or go looking for it? What about the trails that were mentioned, and the cave? What about...I have a hundred questions, which the trailer didn't answer. B)

There is still a lot of things we don't know, and I am eager to see it all.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    @Lenny_Ogg Right? Several times I was like okay, that teen is going to my teens bestie turns crush in a classic "My Best Friend" storyline.....next day.... Okay where is the new bestie..... All for the new bestie to never be seen again in the highschool lol.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Their trailers are pretty accurate but they tend to showcase the game in a much better way than it actually plays. Townies with random clothes and empty neighborhoods are never shown in their trailers. Sims always react to everything happening in the background or are doing relevant things, like sitting at a table and eat together, you don't see them doing push ups or other random things that our sims tend to do.

They also give the illusion of travel, I thought about that when watching the trailer where it looks like she is walking from one area full of sims to another area and we know that's not how the game works either. The trailer actually made me wonder how well horses will work in the game because a lot of shots were very zoomed in which makes me wonder how well it will look when you travel around with your horse or just travel with it on your lot.

I don't think there is much more to the EP than what they showed in the trailer, but maybe there is more depth to it, but it could also be the other way around where the features they showed are much less impactful than what they showed.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    In the discussions about the trailer of the new expansion, some complained about lacking content,
    while others claimed that the trailers do not show everything and there would be more to discover when the EP was released.
    What do you think?

This poll really needs a "slightly more than what was shown in the trailer" option, as this is the most likely scenario.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Where are the negative options, they’re all almost positive. I vote there isn’t more than the trailer shows
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2023
    i think there might be very small thing or two that are not in the trailer
    but it does show majority of what pack is about

some things obviously will be different in game
    sometimes it seems rather ridiculous
    like how we had those stunning sages in rom trailer
    and the in game ones were, lets just say, not the same :sweat_smile:

they did add them to gallery later
    but sometimes i just find myself asking
    why would you change it in first place :lol:

also other packs you already have might greatly change the experience of the new pack
    say this whole trailer was same but with seasons installed it all happened during thunderstorm

it is quite the different vibe

also obviously they won't show bugs and glitches and lags in trailers
    its advertisement not documentary

and also as for builds shown i don't give rats tail tbh
    cause I'll bulldoze and build my own anyway
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @Amapola76 I would say 'slightly more' = 'pretty much accurate'
  • Options
    @SelinaKyles I would say the option for 'there isn’t more than the trailer shows' is 'the trailer is pretty much accurate'
  • Options
    @sclevenger08 about Wedding Stories and the photos: I really wish we had better poses for photos. 2\3 of them are unusable. The Sims look so unnatural and stupid. I never would put a photo on the wall showing my Sims like this.
    And better couple poses and with kids or pets. Some of the poses in the photo booth are nice but they are so small -.- and the background is only white.
    An ingame photo app would be cool. With stickers and frames 😍
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    As usual, there is a disclaimer re the trailer showing some items that are not included in the pack. There are also gameplay elements that are not included in the trailer eg the Sacred Circle and other elements for us to discover during our own exploration of the pack (refer to the hidden glades or the hermit…). I’m not letting myself get too excited about it all until I actually start exploring the world myself.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I think trailers are just made to be eye catching whether you notice every single detail or not by rewatching and pausing doesn't really matter, they may leave a few little things here and there out or show everything. When thinking of reactions you have to think of who is giving them, if you're happy you probably see more value than someone who doesn't want the pack but that doesn't change much.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    TS4 trailers seem to show every piece of content/feature from that pack, unlike in TS2/3 days.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    "Not all images appear in game" something is obviously being edited or done we cannot do ourselves to make the game look better.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Kids riding horses ist certainly missing in the trailer, though we've seen that in the blog post picture.
    I remember being quite underwhelmed by the Growing Together Trailer but there was a lot more small details to the actual pack that I love.
    Anyhow, I am not expecting much more.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2023
    I think the main features are shown in trailer, there could be small additions or surprises, but most likely not "so much more". That's how it usually works. For Growing Together though I felt there was so much more in the pack as the features were hard to show in a trailer. Horse Ranch pack on the other hand seems pretty straight forward: you get different kind of horses and compete with them in barrel racing and show jumping, suppose there are horse trails of some sort, you get goats and sheep, you make nectar and you dance. I am personally happy with this content, I've waited for horses for so long and they seem well done. I'm not expecting much extra. Also I understand the trailer is an advertisement, not everything is going to play out exactly as shown (so in that sense it is showing the game in a better light), I'm talking about main features here. If you've played for sims for a while you know what to look for.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    We may find out that there are a few extras included during an upcoming livestream. Not sure whether it will be a “significant” amount, although it depends on how one interprets “significant”.

Group riding & a special Unicorn breed would be a huge deal for me. I love the unicorns in Sims 3, my favorite is the black stallion (stallions have long goatees, mares do not) that my elf witch sim befriended in Dragon Valley.

I’m aware that Unicorns are on the wishlist of many simmers and not seeing them in the trailer might feel like a disappointment.
    Note however that I’m just after watching The Sims 3: Pets announce trailer and there’s absolutely no hint about unicorns. The pack description doesn’t mention unicorns either. We just gotta wait and see. They’re a rare creature after all.

I also have questions regarding “rescuing” horses. Rescue from what/ who? Can we tame them?
    Will there be a “horse whisperer” career?
    Will there be a new gameplay system and if so, how will it affect other packs?

I personally think there will be a bit more to the DLC than what we’ve seen from the trailer alone. Honestly I’d be surprised if there isn’t.

• Options

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I loved the black stallion unicorn so much, I even made a fridge with it on it around nine years ago omg ^^'
    tumblr_ngn7y3Dl0d1sdrnnoo2_640.jpg
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I would say there is more to it than the trailer, you just can't show off a lot of mechanics in a trailer format. You can't show things like skills, careers, horse breeding, lots of stuff just can't be shown off well. It's good for seeing the new world, objects, how the horses move, bb and cas stuff.

I would say the blog post is much more accurate though, and the live stream will be what sells it, at least for me.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2023
    I also have questions regarding “rescuing” horses. Rescue from what/ who?
    Greg. Obviously duh.

but yeah I agree that if there is secret unicorns to discover
    I wouldn't exactly think they put something like that in trailer
    hopefully we get to know with livestream

at least, if there is unicorns or not
    and if they can do something different if there is

I wonder if theres something like the golden chicken and evil chicken in CoL with these ranch animals
    I would live for evil goat and very black sheep not to start with horses from underworld

would be good to know if horses can become ghosts if they indeed are taking household slot
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    I don't think there is significantly more but probably a few details not shown in the trailer.

The official blog gives a better overview of what to expect.

Official Blog

Saddle Up With the Sims 4 Horse Ranch Expansion Pack

Invite your neigh-bor Ranchers over as we welcome Horses

There is no better feeling than coming home to your very own stretch of land inspired by the great American West. Players can explore the rustic locale and curate their ideal ranch life – whether that be a barn full of animal friends or a relaxing cabin on the prairie, each moment is sure to feel authentic and meaningful.

In The Sims™ 4 Horse Ranch Expansion Pack, players will have the opportunity to raise, train and form special bonds with majestic Horses, and fall in love with adorable Mini Goats and Mini Sheep. You can saddle up and meander into town to learn all about country living from the locals.

Now, mosey on over to your rocking chair and get ready for a story that’s about to be the talk of the ranch!

LIFE ON A WORKING RANCH

Suly Suly, partner. Welcome to Chestnut Ridge, a rustic world inspired by the wide open skies of the iconic American West. This picturesque world is perfect for waking up in the morning to look out at the big open countryside from the ranch of your dreams, whether that be a traditional cabin or a modern farmhouse.

Get the whole family involved! And by the whole family, we mean Horses, too! Sims will now welcome Horses into their families and care for every aspect of their lives. Each animal will provide a unique contribution to the ranch (even if it’s just to be adorable).

Sims will work hard and play harder, experiencing all aspects of a working ranch. Sims can experience mucking a Horse Bed, lending a hand on the ranch and more. From keeping all of your animals happy and clean to harvesting Prairie Grass for the Animal Feeder, Sims can delight in knowing that all of their hard work is worth it. When the work builds up, Sims can hire a Ranch Hand to help!

For your Sims that like to DIY, they can craft their own Nectar by stomping a variety of fruit… or potatoes… or even trash! The bottled Nectar can be consumed in multiple servings and it will have different effects. Sims can age it in Nectar Racks for more Simoleons.

BOND WITH ANIMALS

Sims can fill their ranch with animal friends to carve out a life together. Their Horses – including adorable Foals – are part of a Sim’s household and have lots of special interactions with both Sims and other Horses. Sims can shear the Mini Sheep and milk the Mini Goats for Simoleons, eventually inviting locals to come and see how adorable they are!

JOIN A THRIVING COMMUNITY

While living on a ranch has its moments of peace and solitude, Sims can saddle up and ride their Horse into town to check out the lively social scene. Your Sims can meet friends at the bar, blow off steam at the dance hall, or train at the equestrian park. Sims can even host or attend a Ranch Gathering with a cookout and dancing, or a Ranch Animal Day, where they can interact with the animals.

CREATE, BREED AND RAISE HORSES

We’ve heard and seen all of your requests for Horses, and we are elated to announce that players can now customize hoofed friends in Create a Sim, or get new Horses by rescuing, breeding or purchasing them. You can choose from real-world breeds, change the horse's head shape, mane, tail, feathers, body mass, coat length and more!

The very best part - Foals can be born on your ranch! That’s right, players can have their Horses nuzzle under the stars to make the perfect little Foal, a combination of both of its parents...and they may even unlock a unique Trait. The joy of breeding and raising Foals on your Sim’s ranch is one you won’t want to miss. Each Horse has its own personality, and the Foal will learn both from the family and trainer!

Sims can explore by trotting their way down a long and winding trail or by going downtown to New Appaloosa, ride around Riders' Glen, the Ranches’ Neighborhood. Be sure to check out Galloping Gulch, the National Park Neighborhood, which features plenty of scenic trails through the large rock formations as well as campfire spots and picnic areas. Your Sim may come across Dreadhorse Caverns where the adventurous can enter and try their luck at exploring!

Horses have four Skills: Temperament, Agility, Jumping, and Endurance. Horses develop Jumping Skill by practicing on Horse Jumps. They develop Agility by practicing on Horse Barrels. All of these skills apply to the competitions that take place at the Equestrian Center. Winning competitions results in Simoleons, rewards such as plaques for your walls and metal signs you can display on your big Ranch Sign. They culminate in the Ultimate Horse Championship!

SACRED HEALING CIRCLE

“Indigenous people have always had a deep, spiritual relationship with horses,” says Stacey Parshall Jensen, The Sims’ friend and sensitivity reader who collaborated on The Sims 4 Horse Ranch. “They're a symbol of power. They provide healing and represent freedom and bravery to our Indigenous culture.”

Together with The Sims team, Stacey worked to co-create food, home items, and clothing that are represented in Horse Ranch, reflecting elements of Native American culture. To celebrate the launch of this pack, The Sims team is making a donation to Sacred Healing Circle, a 100% Indigenous founded and led organization working to support Indigenous communities through preserving traditional methodologies and practices, including the Native American Horse Preservation and Research Program. This program helps to preserve the Native American Horse, as well as protects the traditional and historical knowledge surrounding the horse and Indigenous People in the Americas.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-guided-tour
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I think EA shows everything major in their trailers nowadays and also makes everything look better than it is. The already mentioned in this topic high school build is an example, the actual high school build we got is so watered down. I've tried to reconstruct it, but it's difficult for various reasons.

Anyway, the fact that EA shows everything major in their trailers is why I'm so worried about unicorns not being in Horse Ranch. And if they aren't in Horse Ranch, we won't be getting them ever in TS4. :'(
    OO2UdmJ.png