Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we add Goats to Tartosa and Sheep to Moonwood Mills?

Β«1
Can we add goats to Tartosa?

Can werewolves eat sheep?

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I would like to know this as well. Are they tied to a shed like the cottage living farm animals?

I also wanna know if horses can be taken to other worlds. Can we ride horses on the beach of sulani, in the countryside of windenburg or into the selvadora jungle?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Just my thoughts about the subject as we don't know for sure yet:
    The mini goats and sheep look about the size of cats and small dogs, which makes me think they would be a new version of them with different animations. Also no shed visible in the trailer. I doubt werewolves will eat sheep. My assumption (and dearest wish) is that horses can go to any world, although in some worlds they may not make as much sense.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I suspect that goats and sheep are tied to that hay flooring item thingy (you can see it inside the barn in one of the leaked screenshots). Just like how chickens are tied to the chicken coop and rabbits are tied to the stump. You can freely place down those items on any lot in any world and the little animals can then roam freely wherever, unless you close off the area with a fence.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I think we can have the animals in whichever residential world we want

I say residential cause i can't remember if you can even take cats and dogs when you go to destination worlds

and i certainly do not know if you can take them to batuu or sixam or something like that

i also don't know if the animals are tied to lots like we did see horse outside lot so I assume its like cats and dogs and you can take them with you but idk about lambs and goats and the baby animals (the correct word slips my mind) might be tied to item regardless
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2023
    I suspect that goats and sheep are tied to that hay flooring item thingy (you can see it inside the barn in one of the leaked screenshots). Just like how chickens are tied to the chicken coop and rabbits are tied to the stump. You can freely place down those items on any lot in any world and the little animals can then roam freely wherever, unless you close off the area with a fence.
    That could be it! Chickens have quite a big range for wandering so I think it's closer to that than a shed. The positive of being tied to an object is that they wont take a household slot.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Since they mention horses as family members but not the baby animals, I'm wondering if they will be like chickens/bunnies where they can roam more freely than cows/llamas? I would love to know what can be placed in other worlds, though not for eating :tongue:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    musteni wrote: Β»
    That could be it! Chickens have quite a big range for wandering so I think it's closer to that than a shed. The positive of being tied to an object is that they wont take a household slot.

Yes, I think that's why they went with the miniature goats and sheep rather than the full-sized regular ones. Little ones can function like chickens tied to an object but free to roam, whereas large ones might have to be locked to a shed like llamas and cows (maybe something to do with coding limitations?). Otherwise if they're not locked to an object then they would have to use up a household slot like horses?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I really hope the goats and sheep can wander a bit. If they can I will have them scattered around all over the place. I wonder if the foxes, cats, and dogs will interact with the goats, sheep and horses. I wonder if werewolves will annoy horses or the minis. I hope we can have horses in other worlds - it would be so disappointing if we can't. I have a silly vision of a horse in an apartment in san mushino. :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I am going to suggest the answer to the first question is yes. If Cottage Living is an example of things, I have been able to have cows, chickens and Llamas in other worlds without problems. I'm also not one to arbitrarily have my Sims move into a new world just for the heck of it. I still have yet to even send my Sims to the new town that came with Growing Together. None of my Sims have ever lived in Copperdale, either. Eventually, I may explore those locations, but I'm still very much enjoying HoB.

As for werewovles' culinary delight in eating sheep? I have no clue.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited June 2023
    If the goat and sheep are objects similar to chickens, then, yes, werewolves can eat them! Provided they have learned the Voracious Hunger power. With it the "eat" option comes up on chickens, although I never actually used it (the chickens owner is my Voracious were's mother in law, it would be bad style to eat her pets).

Has it already been revealed whether the sheep and goat produce anything? Milk, wool, cheese perhaps?
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    I too think that they are bound to this patch.
    Like the cows/llama and chicken to their stables and roam around it.
    So you will be able to place them in any world.
    414be196389bf06998f762ee991742aeebea58d4.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    That straw texture is so bad lol
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @EnkiSchmidt Yes, I found the following in the features article on Sims Community site.
    'Mucking out horse beds, grooming, harvesting Prairie Grass for feed, sheering sheep and milking goats are just some of the daily farm chores your Sims will need to keep on top of.'
    sims-4-horse-ranch-features.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    @Gordy haha yes, I remember with horror the ball pit πŸ˜…
    08-23-17_10-50-10-PM-1320x743.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited June 2023
    If the goat and sheep are objects similar to chickens, then, yes, werewolves can eat them! Provided they have learned the Voracious Hunger power. With it the "eat" option comes up on chickens, although I never actually used it (the chickens owner is my Voracious were's mother in law, it would be bad style to eat her pets).

Has it already been revealed whether the sheep and goat produce anything? Milk, wool, cheese perhaps?

Yes, there is a picture of a rancher shearing a mini sheep, but we don't know for sure what the wool can be used for. Knitting/Cross stitching might be it, but that would require additional pack(s), so hopefully there is at least one usage linked to this pack alone.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    @Simmerville @Lenny_Ogg Thank you, love to hear that! I can't think of a use for wool on top of my mind either, I'm just happy that the little guys are not just cute, but also commercially useful (what a harsh thing to say :( ).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love the fact that my sims can actually have sheep & goats.
    My Heidi Alps & her Grandfather household so needs their goats.
    As for the sheep all I can think of is:
    β€œBa ba black sheep have you any wool yes sir yes sir three bags full”
    β€œMary had a little lamb little lamb, Mary had a little lamb, it’s fleece was white as snow”
    I so had to sing that. LolπŸπŸ‘πŸ€ 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @SERVERFRA Thank you so much for the inspiration! I started to rebuild my Sims 3 Heidi Cabin in Sims 4 ^^'

23f7614c94fba3bb3d3733bd7685e039bf80eb58.jpg

09894243b1f99080557b1c1624e36da2bac10f63.jpg
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    It would be awesome if the pack includes a spinning wheel and a loom for making blankets and other items! I agree with you, @Simmerville, that they probably added a new way to use wool sheared from the sheep. Why would they add this if those who don't have knitting and cross-stitch pack can't use the wool? This would be great for historical gameplay!
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    Aveline is more excited about sheep and goats than horses, too. I think I see a real trend in more excitement for the sheep and goats among those of us that have at lived at least part of our lives outside the USA. I wonder if that is worthy of a poll. I wonder what game developers think personally about the animals. I think some people would prefer to add sheep and goats as pets than cats and dogs and horses. Pets are usually too much responsibility for me. I wish the wild rabbits did not die so quicky even with aging off. How quickly will the sheep and goats die?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkQIvD7bZ88&amp;t=9s
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    That straw texture is so bad lol

Looks more like sand to me. So, yeah, if that's straw :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I love the fact that my sims can actually have sheep & goats.
    My Heidi Alps & her Grandfather household so needs their goats.
    As for the sheep all I can think of is:
    β€œBa ba black sheep have you any wool yes sir yes sir three bags full”
    β€œMary had a little lamb little lamb, Mary had a little lamb, it’s fleece was white as snow”
    I so had to sing that. LolπŸπŸ‘πŸ€ 
    Now we just need wheelchairs and cliffs, and we can all live our Heidi fantasies.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I think some people would prefer to add sheep and goats as pets than cats and dogs and horses.

Not me! Having them as pets would take away another family slot and no doubt if they were pets you would be constantly taking them to the vets like cats and dogs (Lets hope that horses are abit more healthy!!LOL).
    With any luck they will be the same as chickens, so tied to a 'pen' but able to roam your lot....personally I love the chaos you get from free roaming chickens so the thought of mini sheep or goats rampaging in and around your house is just beautiful! :D

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Thank you @Lenny_Ogg for appreciating my wild imagination. :p I never inspired anyone before, except for my daughter. I so wish my fellow simmers could actually see my households & builds in the Gallery. :'( I even copied some of my favorites on Twitter but I don't think it worked there either. Well, all I can do is keep describing my households & builds here.
  • Options
    @SERVERFRA does that mean you load them up to the gallery and pictures of some of them on twitter but no one notices them there?