Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which CAS kit is the best?

The list of CAS kits is getting quite long. I am thinking about getting one but not sure yet which one. So far I don't have any CAS kits, only a few build/buy kits. I am considering incheon arrivals or first fits because they offer solid basics or fashion street for the colourful diversity.

So I would like to ask you guys which CAS kit you like best and why. What are your favourite items?

Which CAS kit is the best? 77 votes

Throwback fit kit
10%
ncisGibbs02DevSims91JestTruSimplyJenphantasmkissDragonAge_300905IsharellFuture 8 votes
Fashion street
9%
Winifred_WillowLoves2draw1812LiELFAtreya33SERVERFRARememberJoyUmbreon12 7 votes
Incheon arrival
24%
JadeleineMichelleWOolonglongsimgirl1010cchant86loubyloulouAvatarBoyTorieLeccaNinja-Dan22doedearmrs_starkeyRouensimsamber_ilumiretelemwillmightyspriteKeijraThornwillowamydunne 19 votes
Modern menswear
1%
sn4ph 1 vote
Carneval streetwear
6%
alanmichael1EnkiSchmidtSheriSim57Lady_BalloraOlalla1986 5 votes
Moonlight chic
20%
elanorbretongoodcakebaker62LadyKynbecks1112XxAirixXpandie00RedShoe7Evilyn_1007HayleeSimslogionTTNsimmerEllupelluelluJustinB113plumboy23RandomTokenCodeElle2300 16 votes
First fits kit
12%
Nh6650leigheAnmirlaChadSims2AinegarapoesKimmerPerti23CatsuJayxda 10 votes
Simtimates collection
14%
GalacticGalIcewolfSavorySageDarkLady2788Princess076SelinaKylesLenny_OggmusteniBehappy1stSimmingalSiggDiggit 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2023
    Simtimates collection
    Only have Fashion Street so far so it feels weird to vote :lol:
    the items are so pretty but I do find it hard to get to using it since its so specific look
    and it almost feels wrong if i just use it on like Vlad or something

slight interest in Carnaval Streetwear, Simtimates, Throwback fit
    in about that order

Carnaval would be useful for mermaids Calientes, party ppl
    also kind of reminds me of ts2 with those strange swatches
    but it is rather croptop heavy selection :sweat_smile:

Simtimates well,
    sims be always needing underwear
    and they might like new options so, yeah. seems useful.

Throwback fit for the sporty sims and active category wouldn't hurt i guess

can't decide if Incheon is boring or not cause I feel like if I had it I would use it
    the items do look nice but also its tad too safe like would I just forget half the items even exist probably
    it just looks like very "mid" kit for me in general

rest of the cas kits no interest whatsoever tbh
    I don't really see anything in those kits that gives me the " I must have that"
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2023
    Throwback fit kit
    wrong vote ignore that :sweat_smile:

1. Simtimates Collection Kit
    Sleepwear and lingerie seriously lacks without this kit. Yes you can get creative with other clothing by removing tags but I needed more options. This kit was on my "wishlist" so I was super excited to get it.
    Bonus: Some of the pieces do work well for swimwear

2. Throwback Fit Kit
    I use it a lot for workout category. It has some not so bright options and mixes well with other clothing. I'm a 90s kid so it's kinda nice to have a 90s inspired kit.

3. First Fits Kit
    There was a time when children had hardly any clothing options even with the earlier packs. I think the S4 team has gotten better about this but if you don't have a lot packs currently with children's clothing then this kit is a good fit.

You can find all things included listed on the EA website for each pack (kits in this case) or pull up YT videos
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Simtimates collection
    I decided to vote for Simtimates in the end
    I feel like with other kits its

" I wish this was part of bigger pack not just a kit"

- Fashion Street

" this could literally be in any pack why do we need separate kit really "

- Incheon, Moonlight, First fits, modern menswear, throwback fit

" this feels like extension of pack we already have and I am not sure I would really be excited if the pack didn't exist"

- Carnaval

it feels to me that Simtimates is the only one
    that might have required a kit to exist in full
    (I really don't see them adding so much underwear for any random bigger pack theme)

but also doesn't feel like needed to be part of anything in particular to be fun addition
    it also isn't rehash of something we already have

also it can be applied on about every sim ever
    minus maybe Agnes Crumplebottom
    making it very useful
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Moonlight chic
    Moonlight Chic have some very good quality items and the kit has some really good looking tops but I'm not a fan of the pants even if I know that they are inspired of a certain style.

I like Incheon Arrivals and the Throwback fit kit as well. Incheon arrivals have some great looking shoes but also have some clothes that don't scale very well so they look very large.

Fashion street is pretty good too, but I often feel that the colors are not matching for the items in that kit.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Throwback fit kit
    I like things about most of them but the one I seem to use the most, much to my surprise, is Throwback Fit.

Don't throw rocks or anything, but the much-scorned Modern Menswear comes with some great sweaters and some of the pants are good, too. The skirts are fun, I throw them in on some sims just for laughs. Vlad can seriously rock a skirt, but he hasn't decided yet if he prefers to wear them with or without tights.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Such a difficult choice to make. For me it would be almost impossible to choose between Throwback Fit, Moonlight Chic, Incheon Arrivals and Fashion Street. I added some pics under the spoiler, because I had them anyway and they illustrate my points.

Throwback Fit is obviously great for athletic wear, but I also use it for everyday and party wear. But this kit has a very specific style, meaning any outfit will have a casual/leisure wear style about it.
    Y08Pne0.jpg
    88VmHy2.jpg

Moonlight Chic works for both everyday and party wear, but I only use it for specific Sims. The items are quite stylish and look more like they came from a boutique rather than a big retail store, I guess.
    j7vz5ZQ.jpg

Incheon Arrivals is great with the basics, mostly for everyday wear. But basics are ... basic. So this is not the kit if you are looking to add some accent pieces and colors. I have to add that I love the sneakers that came with this kit.
    461Td2b.jpg

Fashion Street - like Throwback Fit - has a very specific style. I love this kit for party and hot weather wear.
    QfmMw7Y.jpg
    And the dress is ... epic.
    x03xi7W.jpg

If I could only get one of these kits right now, I would look at the Sims I am currently playing and decide on what I think works best for them.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited May 2023
    Incheon arrival
    If I could only get one of these kits right now, I would look at the Sims I am currently playing and decide on what I think works best for them.

@Netzspannung
    That totally makes sense. And thanks for the fashion show! 💚 Are these outfits from your thread or newly created?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Throwback fit kit
    I forgot how beautiful the clothing in Fashion Street is. I use that kit a lot too.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    For me it’s the one with the South Asian inspired clothing…whatever that one’s called…
    The vibrant colours and detailed designs look great in contrast to the dark & somber attire most of my sims wear. It’s just perfect for the spellcaster / genie / alien-ish people and cloud princesses that live in my Fantasy / Sci Fi save(s) , especially when combined with CAS items from Batuu, RoM, Vampires, City Living, Jungle Adventures, the Sulani pack and that celebrity one…Gosh I’m absolutely dreadful with names today…

Sure even one picture would have been worth more than the million words I can’t find right now. 😮‍💨
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Simtimates collection
    I mean I don't own any of them, but the ones that I want most are Simtimates collection and Incheon arrival (hard to choose between them).
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Throwback fit kit
    I like using the Throwback Kit as I often disable Fitness Stuff. There are some good gym wear in the kit.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited May 2023
    Moonlight chic
    Fashion Street was what I meant, clicked wrong :)

But like the one i voted too
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Fashion street
    1. Fashion Street Kit has some really cool outfits, plus it goes perfectly with City Living & Wedding packs. B):p
    2. Midnight Chic has some very beautiful outfits, plus it goes perfectly with Luxury Party & Wedding packs. B);)
    3. Simintimates Kit is a very lamour sleepwear that has a MasterSuite feeling to it. <3<3
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

@Netzspannung
    That totally makes sense. And thanks for the fashion show! 💚 Are these outfits from your thread or newly created?

@simgirl1010 Hey there! Actually I already had all those pics. (And more.) Weird, right? :D Some are from my thread and others I put together for Twitter when the kits were released. It's been a minute since I put together a new lookbook ...
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Moonlight chic
    Incheon, moonlight and simtimates are the most used in my game. Its really down to whether you like the stuff you see on the promo though. There is no gameplay.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2023
    Throwback fit kit
    I like all the kits I picked throwback fit because it was the only one I remembered off the top of my head I get the names and kits mixed up.

I feel like some of the kits are so out there they should of come with a free world (same with build kits) and yet my Newcrest is still empty I can’t build but I also want my houses to match the fake neighborhood houses around them.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I can't really tell which clothes come from which pack when dressing my sims, but the ones that stand out the most for me are the Throwback fit, Fashion street and Simtimates. I would love a sandals, shoes and boots kit. And more fluffy slippers. But especially boots. Most boots we have in game have unrealistically skinny ankles and thick calves.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Moonlight chic
    It's difficult to vote, because I often use at least a few items from all the kits. But I guess I use more from my voted pack than any other.

My LEAST favourite kit is the Carnaval Streetwear, I wouldn't miss it if I had to lose that now.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i say all the kits are good so my vote is all answers since its not on the poll
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Fashion street
    Thanks for all your comments. It is interesting to see spread out the answers are, especially in the comments where most people have more than just one favourite. So far Incheon arrival is in the lead, followed by moonlight chic. And modern menswear is the only one that doesn't have a single vote at the moment.
    Such a difficult choice to make. For me it would be almost impossible to choose between Throwback Fit, Moonlight Chic, Incheon Arrivals and Fashion Street. I added some pics under the spoiler, because I had them anyway and they illustrate my points.

Throwback Fit is obviously great for athletic wear, but I also use it for everyday and party wear. But this kit has a very specific style, meaning any outfit will have a casual/leisure wear style about it.
    Y08Pne0.jpg
    88VmHy2.jpg

Moonlight Chic works for both everyday and party wear, but I only use it for specific Sims. The items are quite stylish and look more like they came from a boutique rather than a big retail store, I guess.
    j7vz5ZQ.jpg

Incheon Arrivals is great with the basics, mostly for everyday wear. But basics are ... basic. So this is not the kit if you are looking to add some accent pieces and colors. I have to add that I love the sneakers that came with this kit.
    461Td2b.jpg

Fashion Street - like Throwback Fit - has a very specific style. I love this kit for party and hot weather wear.
    QfmMw7Y.jpg
    And the dress is ... epic.
    x03xi7W.jpg

'Basics are just basics' really got me thinking. Having basics is very practical but is that what I need most for my sims. In real life I would go for basics but my sims are more outgoing and colorful than I am. They can pull of a look that is more out there, which I in real life don't feel comfortable in.

For me it’s the one with the South Asian inspired clothing…whatever that one’s called…
    The vibrant colours and detailed designs look great in contrast to the dark & somber attire most of my sims wear. It’s just perfect for the spellcaster / genie / alien-ish people and cloud princesses that live in my Fantasy / Sci Fi save(s) , especially when combined with CAS items from Batuu, RoM, Vampires, City Living, Jungle Adventures, the Sulani pack and that celebrity one…Gosh I’m absolutely dreadful with names today…

Sure even one picture would have been worth more than the million words I can’t find right now. 😮‍💨

I also enjoy fantasy characters like spellcasters, genies, aliens, ... So that sounds like how I would use this kit as well.

It is called the fashion street kit. But I think some of the names are not chosen very well.
    - Fashion street should have Indian or Eastern in the name. It is street wear for a very specific culture.
    - modern menswear should be high couture menswear or genderneutral menswear
    - carnaval fashion feels like it is lacking a reference to brazil because caranval exists in more parts of the world and can look different.
    It is easy to get confused if the names to tell the actual contents in the pack.

So I have made my decision and created my first sims using the fashion street kit. :)
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Moonlight chic
    It was really hard to pick between moonlight chic and Incheon arrival. I love them both.

But I went with the one I use the most. I use
    Moonlight chic with so many outfits. And it’s very versatile, casual or dressy. Just a lot of different combinations you can create. And the dress in the pack is one of my favorite clothing pieces in the whole game.
  • Options
    JayxdaJayxda Posts: 1 New Member
    First fits kit
    I only have Fashion street kit and modern menswear. I think I use mostly from modern menswear though.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited May 2023
    Simtimates collection
    My favourite will always be the Simtimates Collection.
    We had so much fun with the new underwear.
    There even was a photoshoot and a whole little chapter around it.
    ca9fe3ff30ff7768c58469bfa3da9602c1efa5e5.jpg

What i don't like in many CAS packs and clothes from other packs (and the main reason why I don't use the clothes from the Incheon Arrival pack even though i like them so much) is that they are so bulky. No matter how thin my sims are, they look stupid (or i just have no sense for fashion 😅)
    It's especially anoying for my male sims. There are not many clothes for male forms and then over the half of them are unusable because they just are so misshapen.
    baf1b66fefbaa64d36810e17407050cd187c016d.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Simtimates collection
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    My favourite will always be the Simtimates Collection.
    We had so much fun with the new underwear.
    There even was a photoshoot and a whole little chapter around it.
    ca9fe3ff30ff7768c58469bfa3da9602c1efa5e5.jpg

What i don't like in many CAS packs and clothes from other packs (and the main reason why I don't use the clothes from the Incheon Arrival pack even though i like them so much) is that they are so bulky. No matter how thin my sims are, they look stupid (or i just have no sense for fashion 😅)
    It's especially anoying for my male sims. There are not many clothes for male forms and then over the half of them are unusable because they just are so misshapen.
    baf1b66fefbaa64d36810e17407050cd187c016d.jpg

Oversized look is still very in fashion i think
    (Or then I am just delusional oversize grandma who refuses to let it go 👵 yeah maybe)

I love it cause as big gal I tend to feel like wrapped ham in the shapey and revealing clothes 🐖

and I love that its option for my sims to be comfy as well in the oversized clothes

it also makes sims appear younger when their clothes are not perfect tailor fit i feel like

that said yeah i do find that particular CoL shirt hard to pair because of the balloon fit

irl I refer to this shape shirts as the tummy enhancers since the bottom rib stitch will perfectly catch whatever tummy you have meanwhile rest of the garment is loose fit so all you really see is the sudden appearance of tummy

truly most terrifying shape ever invented and its very true knitted shirt item because thats exactly how most knitted shirts be shaped irl giving me lots of rage

I give shirt in question to my sims sometimes though since it doesn't exactly do its worst in the game but yeah its tough one to pair

i feel like it helps to not do low waist bottoms too maybe high waist or long skirt would work better to draw less attention to the tummy area