Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Has anyone ever used a star replacement field mod? I use Skyrim by Brntwaffles and it seemed to have stopped working a long time ago. Anyone else have this issue?
  • Options
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Stephanie had just landed a job as a hairdresser in a local salon and was thrilled to be putting her skills to work. One day, while she was busy cutting hair, she looked up to see Hunter walking through the door. Stephanie was surprised to see her landlord sitting in her chair, not realizing that he was one of her clients. Despite the initial surprise, Stephanie remained professional and began cutting Hunter's hair.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    "You did a great job, Stephanie. Thanks. Hey, what time do you get done?" Hunter asked her, and smiled warmly.
    "5PM Why?" Stephanie responded. "I know a great place that has excellent drinks, wanna go?" Stephanie smiled and agreed to go.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    "You're right Hunter, this food is fantastic." Stephanie was starving and she enjoyed the dimsun very much.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    As they sat at the club enjoying their drinks, Hunter couldn't help but look at Stephanie with a sense of admiration and fondness. He watched as she laughed and smiled, mesmerized by her natural beauty and easy-going personality.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Meanwhile, Stephanie was completely unaware of Hunter's feelings, enjoying their conversation and the fun atmosphere of the club. Hunter's gaze lingered on her, studying her every movement and gesture

Screenshot-102.jpg
    Pretty night sky. ^_^
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Was going to play tonight but my town got hit by a tornado tonight. I’m safe as is my family but it’s not good. I won’t post anything here but if you have questions, private message me so we aren’t going off topic.
  • Options
    Was going to play tonight but my town got hit by a tornado tonight. I’m safe as is my family but it’s not good. I won’t post anything here but if you have questions, private message me so we aren’t going off topic.

Oh gosh! I'm so glad you are okay.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Thanks, me too. Still shaken up a bit.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited April 2023
    @emorrill I know the names of all the US states, but to know where they actually are, I would not to look at a map, so I wouldn't immediately know the difference between Arkansas and Utah (I'm not American.. :P). (Goes to look at map).

Oh, Arkansas and Utah, they're not even next to each other, and Arkansas looks like it sits right in the zone for such things to happen given what I know about weather..

Oh, but I think the risk of getting hit by a tornado would still be pretty small. Hmm, well, I hope you can find some solution to guarantuee safety though. I just shared my thoughts that I would really think twice about moving to a place knowing things like that could happen, not to deter anyone from living in such a place, as there are probably plenty of other qualities to it than just that one thing. <_< >_> And sometimes when you want to move, you may have to settle with something that might not be 100 % your ideal choice, because of, well, the housing market, I know that.

---

Wow, there's a mod that allows sims to chop down trees even.. does the tree disappear afterwards or can you go chop down the same tree an infite amount of times? :P

Hehe, I'm starting to think you secretly, not-so-secretly, enjoy taking pictures of female sims chest area like that. It's ok, I understand... :P It's an interesting dress though, but I actually like the previous one better for a more simpler medieval look, but the last one could work as some kind of party dress or something?

@coco Your pictures look super vibrant and alive, that is very nice. :P

@Brandontaylor Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸.. O_O But you are posting, so you are ok, which is good to see..

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    @Sprottenham Yeah, I’m safe. I’m actually trying to sleep right now but can’t because I’m still worked up. It destroyed several houses just a few miles north of me too.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor (hugs) I don't want to imagine.. let's just hope no lives were lost, because houses can be rebuilt, hopefully stronger than they used to be. I don't know what advice to give, but hopefully you have something to distract and calm yourself if you can't sleep.
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Chapter 21.6 Sprottenham: June 2023 - Hello! You fool, I love you...

Z3vM1Fm.jpg

..and a good nights sleep it was. Solvej had the most vivid dreams of her marriage. The sun coloured everything in a bright orange hue and seagulls were heard in the distance accomponied by the soothing sound of the ocean waves as they slowly rolled in to embrace the shoreline.... The sea breeze was mild, soft and gentle, just like the touch of his hand on her face.. and everything was perfect.

It was such a rush, it was the best high she had ever felt when they exchanged rings and their lips found each other and left everything else behind. She wasn't just floating, she was flying, leaving the grass and the cobblestone behind on her way up...

If she had opened her eyes, she would have seen the park, the harbour, the old fishing vessels passing the lighthouse on the way out and the town below her becoming smaller.. as she rose up past another couple in a wonderful hot air balloon saying they were heading for a club on the moon... past the clouds, leaving the atmosphere, the earth, and even the sun and the moon behind to a place where it was only them and them alone and they became one in a moment that felt like it should last forever... and she could hear the crowd cheer in the distance somewhere down there and all around them.. a cheer that gradually became more high pitched in voice, almost to the point of sounding like a baby crying...

RjPyokf.jpg

That's when reality set in, and it was time to wake up...

Vot0mep.jpg

"Whose turn is it this time?"

OIU4ZIQ.jpg

"I'll take her, you go back to sleep..."

xZ654Su.jpg

Silvia had not adjusted her sleep schedual to the rest of the family, so this became a very early morning for Patrik. Since his young girl was having breakfast at this hour, he figured he might just do the same since he was already up...

KlHkvID.jpg

This also gave him plenty of time before going to work at the police station to do some much needed cleaning up around the house as laundry had piled up here and there to become tiny mountains of dirty, smelly clothes..

nNfYqUB.jpg

When the actual morning came Rune woke up to open his Chest of Wonders, and in it he found a time portal that would transport him some million years back in time before sims existed and the Simtopian planet were habitated by reptiles much larger and more dangerous than the ones seen today...

GbWErWp.jpg

Being a dinosaur for a while is cool, but like the poster in the school hallway says "The dinosaurs didn't read. Look what happened to them..", so when the school bus honks the costume goes back into the chest and out the door he goes. ;)
    Lillian woke up just as he found his seat, and sleep time for Solvej was now over..

ZJFNpVe.jpg

"Oh my sweetheart, mommy is coming soon, it will be ok.." Solvej yawned on her way over to Lillians crib..

smrTdMl.jpg

..before changing her diaper and taking her upstairs to place her on the floor next to the broken doll house.. "My little girl.. I wish you could tell me what happened to the doll house, but don't worry.. mommy will fix it..."

Continues in spoiler.
    mFASHpy.jpg

It takes her a couple of hours to fix it, and she really can't believe the toddlers would be able to do this all on their own... Rune was out of the house hanging out with his friend Elisa, so it couldn't have been him.. could Patrik have done it? It had been quite stressful for them since the twins were born and she knew that he could sometimes have a bit of a short fuse, so... but she pushed the thought aside, because on his good days he could be really sweet.... and of course, there was always his muscular body.. just curling up next to him in bed and have him put his strong arm around her.. no, it was probably just an accident and he probably didn't mean it...

E3kxTgs.jpg

She had already been at the jewelry store and bought the rings for both of them, and was going to ask the question when he came home from work...

CRx6o9U.jpg

"Let this be a secret between you and me for now, but I'm going to ask your daddy to marry me..."

cu6m3lX.jpg

Patrik pretty much had no idea what Solvej had in mind as he came home from work to pay the bills as usual.. Marriage was not something he had considered, the thought hadn't even crossed his mind.. but women, they're kryptonite to him, and Solvej was one of a kind. There was a wilderness to her that he hadn't found in any other woman. Of couse, there hadn't been to much of that for the past year as their babies had been very demanding and turning their bedroom into a no-go zone for that kind of thing... but there was always the shower, the kitchen counter or when she was feeling really risky, even the greenhouse... Solvej was not afraid to get dirty in more ways than one, and he loved every piece of it. ;)

Q6SwhsU.jpg

..and she knew it. If she wanted him to say yes, she had to surprise him and do what she did best..

1RYYnuN.jpg

..just in time for Rune to come home from school. When he saw his parents kissing like that, he knew it was time to leave them alone for a while..

bmPJ0lo.jpg

"Hi mom, hi dad.. I'll be inside doing my homework...".. but just like Patrik, Rune didn't know what his mom had in store..

rodAjfp.jpg

"What, Solvej...? What are you...? Not here, not now.. that's much to risky!" Not even Patrik was willing to take it to that level...

6tfpxNE.jpg

"You fool! But look.. I got something..."

2jieoBB.jpg

"...Patrik.... will you marry me?"

6T6X9fL.jpg

"Yes!" Patrik knew that Solvej was a keeper, or he would have left a long time ago.. so he didn't really need to think to hard to give his answer. It takes a special kind of woman to capture a man whose wish in life is to break hearts, and Solvej was just that kind.... atleast for him she was. A match made in... Nirvana. Or right there on the grass, or usually just.. wherever they were. She was his match.. his matchstick, and no doubt could she light a fire...

iaDlq21.jpg

Now in his former football career Patrik had gotten used to collecting trophies, but none were as shiny right now as this one ring on his finger.. He still wasn't sure if this was actually happening.. Did she just ask? Was it really him that told her "yes" or was he being someone else?

6VlW31h.jpg

No, he was still there, and reality was still real as they launched into a long hug they wished could last for much longer than it did.. or just take it to the greenhouse to.. umm, water the roses, but..

zhwKVW0.jpg

..well, maybe later, because or now they had to care for their toddlers again..

8PMnRxJ.jpg

g4Wz49J.jpg

The always musical Solvej thinks this day deserves a song, so she gets out her guitar to play a tune to her toddlers and Patriks great amusement. ;)
    i6cA9fv.jpg

Oh, happy day..

hhVseTy.jpg

..and for some strange reason Patrik gets an urge to go the bathroom to check his appearance..

DG2irfP.jpg

However, as he got up so early this morning, it's now bedtime for him.. and Solvej decides it's bedtime for the toddlers too as she puts them both in their cribs..

TLqC4Qj.jpg

Then she gets the thought to go to the grocery store to sell of some of her harvest, but the store was closed and wasn't taking in goods at this hour. Come back a little earlier tomorrow, the store clerk told her, so she had to leave back home again, empty handed in terms of cash, but with her vegetables still in her possesions.. The rings she bought weren't cheap, so whatever money she could get now, would be very handy..

1XOPn1X.jpg

Then just as she was about to put her head on the pillow, her phone rang.. It was Christoffer Vaddelmyr, Selmas spouse, calling.. He wanted to know if they could hang out..

gflPg2E.jpg

"...what? At this hour..? No.. if you really just want to hang out, how about you call me a little earlier in the day?"

"Oh yeah.. sure.. If you say so... ok, bye...."

"Give me a break.." Solvej thought to herself as she hung up and got ready to go to bed.. Nobody calls at this hour if all they want to do is hang out... Whatever happened in Christoffer and Selmas marriage wasn't really any of her concern.. Soon she would have her own to think about, but for now...

QAuVmmO.jpg

Good night. ;)

Other happenings:

5iPcEoS.png

Kari Slettemoen has relocated to a new home with her husband Dimitov and their son Svenn. Interestingly Anne-Gerd Jørgensen, who is just a friend of the couple, still tags along with them instead of finding her own place...

i4oY18n.jpg

Their new house is one of the many old typical brick houses found in the area.

LFAHtJ3.png

Dongmei Xie-Luo, a colleague of Gaute and another parent of a set of twins (Hung and Jiang), just got promoted to wing woman in her career.

noQEG1o.png

Wanda and Fred Westgård that runs the orphanage also became the parents of a new boy called Magnar.

hz7U7xi.png

I missed out on a birthday party, because Hoda Odinsdatter just had her 18th birthday and is now considered a young adult. She also got a job in the sports career. On this picture, she is at the library talking to Dimitov Slettemoen that became her new boss. This wasn't on purpose as I always try to catch and celebrate their birthdays, but, well.. can't be everywhere all at once. ;)

S1Bn4Fz.png

Leon Maneval, the car enthustiastic frenchman, has now either dumped or been dumped by Anne-Gerd Jørgensen and has found a new lover in Siw Falch. Here he is outside her house, supposedly going for a nightly visit of the kind that Christoffer Vaddelmyr was hoping for when he called Solvej.. I thought earlier that Anne-Gerd had finally found a partner, but it looks like she is just continuing her streak of being eternally unlucky in love..

etIXMZW.png

Life is different for different people.. where some always fails, other have found success that just keeps on being successful.. This is Karoline Gundersen in the hallway of her house with her husband Kabelo Gundersen and their son Alexander. Let's hope this is how Solvej and Patriks future marriage will turn out. ;)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    edited April 2023
    @coco K! :smiley: It's so lovely to see a post from you and hear from you again. <3 I've missed you! Forgive me for being terrible at keeping in touch through FB. :lol:
    Your sims are always so beautiful and handsome, I don't know how you do it. :star: And your interior decorating skills are out of this world! I wish all my sims homes looked like yours. :blush:
    I'm glad you enjoyed my medieval pictures. :)
    I still have to finish your last Christmas story. I'm sorry, it's been playing on my mind. The guy in your signature is so handsome :smile:
    ^Aww, you're ok. It will always be there when you're ready to read it. :kissing_heart: And when you do, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it. :mrgreen:
    But yeah the hottie guy in my signature is from my Christmas story. :lol::smirk: Now that should give you some more motivation to go and read it eh? ;):p<3 Hee hee!
    Don't be a stranger. <3 Would love to see you post again.

@GraceyManor Oh my...Hunter looks much more handsome with that haircut and style. :love:
    As they sat at the club enjoying their drinks, Hunter couldn't help but look at Stephanie with a sense of admiration and fondness. He watched as she laughed and smiled, mesmerized by her natural beauty and easy-going personality.
    Meanwhile, Stephanie was completely unaware of Hunter's feelings, enjoying their conversation and the fun atmosphere of the club. Hunter's gaze lingered on her, studying her every movement and gesture.
    ^This was so well written girl. :star: I love it!
    I'm not sure how she's been clueless to his feelings for her this whole time though. :lol: But, some people are just that way. 🙃
    Beautiful nighttime sky shot. <3 I look forward to more!

@Brandontaylor
    Was going to play tonight but my town got hit by a tornado tonight.....
    ^Noooooooo... :confounded::cry: Gosh it saddens me to hear that, but I am relieved to know that you and your family are safe!! But yeah, that kind of thing, especially at night! :cold_sweat: , shakes up anyone. It was shaking me up pretty bad yesterday just knowing it was coming, (we don't have a storm shelter :flushed: ) but thankfully the storm shifted and only grazed us, when normally it wasn't supposed to. 🙏🏻
    But good golly, what IS it with these tornadoes lately!? :angry: It's driving me crazy!
    Sending you a big, virtual hug:
    200w.gif?cid=6c09b952c7y76wzb9vjded0nsbcblg1huyrz9skdz8pl68cd&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
    If you need someone to talk to about it, or just to listen, PM me anytime. <3 Sending prayers your way, and to those who were affected. 🙏🏻 I hope there were no fatalities...

@Sprottenham Lol! I knew you weren't American so I shouldn't have expected you to know the difference between Utah and Arkansas. ;):lol: But yeah, they are VERY different. Utah is deserty, but full of gorgeous mountains. Most of the state gets very cold during the winter and gets lots of snow because of the high altitude. Very DRY air! (That was annoying at times. :confounded: ) Here in AR it's full of green and vegetation, very HUMID air, and rests at low altitude. There's creeks and streams all over the place and here in Hot Springs, there's some rolling, forested hills, and a few lakes. It's gorgeous in the Fall (Utah was too) and the winters aren't nearly as bad. Don't get much snow. They both feel like two different worlds and...it's kinda cool. :) There's much I love about both. <3 Anyway! :p
    Wow, there's a mod that allows sims to chop down trees even.. does the tree disappear afterwards or can you go chop down the same tree an infite amount of times? :P
    ^The tree disappears so your sim has to move onto another one. However they will respawn later and that's the cool thing! :grin: (At least, that's what I remember reading that they'll do. lol!)
    Hehe, I'm starting to think you secretly, not-so-secretly, enjoy taking pictures of female sims chest area like that. It's ok, I understand... :P
    ^Not so much actually, ;) but you're sweet. 💜 I mostly do that for the guy's benefit on the forum here since I'm always showing sexy male sims for the ladies! :lol:
    I see you posted another update. :) Reading that title though...you know I have to do this. :smirk:
    Music time!! Roxette was one righteous band. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill Oh, I see, well Arkansas sounds like a beautiful place with the creeks and the streams. I'm used to humid air since I have lived by the coast my entire life and would never want to live anywhere else.. as long as it doesn't get to hot, then humid air is terrible, but of course since I live in where I live iit usually doesn't get that hot. Humidity is ok for mid range temperatures, but can actually be bad if it gets to cold too, because it makes the cold feel colder.. but that usually isn't a problem here either, ocean currents keep the temperature relatively mild all year round. :P

Alright, well, infinite wood for the fireplace. ;)
    ^Not so much actually, ;) but you're sweet. 💜 I mostly do that for the guy's benefit on the forum here since I'm always showing sexy male sims for the ladies! :lol:

Oh, yeah, well that makes sense. Of course, there are more pretty parts to the female body than just the chest area, but since that is your point it's much appreciated, so just keep them coming whenever you should want to. :P It's nice to know that someone thinks of the guys on the forum, too. :P
    I see you posted another update. :) Reading that title though...you know I have to do this. :smirk:
    Music time!!

Oh yes, I wasn't really sure if anyone would get that. I know that Roxette (a Swedish band) had some international success, but I don't know excactly how big they were. :P I have fond memories of their music, because my parents used to put one of their cds on in the car when we drove to visit my grandparents. ;)
    I really like music, of course, and every now and then I do sometimes sprinkle references to music in the updates, if not just downright linking to a song, of course.. Life would be terribly boring without music... :P
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @coco * Waves, fun to see some screenshots from you
    again, hope all is well.

@emorrill I loved the medieval photos!

@Brandontaylor * Waves*

I went into my story save, but I ended up editing, here are three
    images at least.

jJ7ixc1.jpg

ByyHLWh.jpg

DVx27Cn.jpg

• Options
    ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    edited April 2023
    "The monthly rent is $2,100, which includes water and trash, or for an extra 400, It would include the furnishings. We do require a security deposit of one month's rent upfront," Hunter explained.

That makes my wallet hurt. x.x And I thought our rent was expensive. XD Enjoying the updates, though, Gracey! Also, is it your birthday? If so, then happy birthday!!

@Brandontaylor I'm sorry to hear about the tornado, but I'm glad that you and your family are safe. Sending many wishes that you guys continue to stay safe in the near and far future.

I'm enjoying everyone's updates.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    @brntwaffles it is thank you
  • Options
    @ButterWafflesAR Thank you. There is a lot of damage still to be cleaned up in the area but crews have been doing a good job. At least for the next seven days, no chances in the forecast for storms. Hopefully the rest of the year is tamer.
  • Options
    @emorrill
    So glad you like Hunter's new look and the way I wrote that bit. ^_^
    You have some awesome medieval CC
  • Options
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    As Stephanie settled into her new home, she began to notice that some modern conveniences were missing, including a dishwasher. After a few weeks of washing dishes by hand, she decided to call Hunter to ask if it would be possible to install a dishwasher. Hunter listened to her request and took note of her needs. After careful consideration, he agreed to install the dishwasher, as he knew it would make her life easier and more comfortable in the house.

Screenshot-28.jpg
    "Thanks Hunter, I really appreciate it, as do my dishpan hands." Hunter chuckled. "Its no problem,
    honestly a dishwasher should have been installed prior to you moving in."

Screenshot-29.jpg
    "Hey Stephanie, are you doing anything Monday night?" Hunter asked with a warm smile. "No, why?" She responded.
    "Would you like to go to a concert?" Hunter surprised Stephanie by inviting her to a concert with a backstage pass. He told her that it was an exclusive event and that she would have the opportunity to meet the performer. Excited by the prospect of attending such an event, Evelyn eagerly accepted Hunter's invitation. "I would love to go." Stephanie accepted gratefully.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    "Perfect. Concert's at 7:30 PM. Just show them this pass." Hunter smiled kindly at her.
    Evelyn offered to have him stay for supper and he gladly accepted.

Screenshot-34.jpg

Screenshot-33.jpg
    He's kind of cute. Stephanie thought to herself as she watched him wolf down that hot dog.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I'd just read last night that Steam will stop supporting Windows 7/8/8.1 come January 2024.
    https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4784-4F2B-1321-800A

Luckily I'm on windows 10. But I hope they don't stop that, as my PC can't update.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I'd just read last night that Steam will stop supporting Windows 7/8/8.1 come January 2024.
    https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4784-4F2B-1321-800A

Luckily I'm on windows 10. But I hope they don't stop that, as my PC can't update.

Yeah, I'm on Windows 11 since it came with my new PC last year, so hopefully they will continue with Windows 10 for quite awhile before making everyone go to Win11.
  • Options
    My sims are coming out of the shower naked...and I don't know how to fix it.
  • Options
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    As they arrived at the concert, Stephanie couldn't believe her eyes when she realized that the performer was none other than Hunter himself! She was completely taken aback and surprised that her landlord was a talented country singer.

Screenshot-35.jpg
    I thumbed my way From LA back to Knoxville I found out those bright lights
    Ain't where I belong From a phone booth in the rain I called to tell her
    I've had a change of dreams I'm coming home
    But tears filled my eyes When I found out she was gone

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Smoky Mountain rain Keeps on falling I keep on calling her name
    Smoky Mountain rain I'll keep on searching I can't go on hurting this way
    She's somewhere in the Smoky Mountain rain

Screenshot-38.jpg
    I waved a diesel down outside a cafe He said that he was going
    As far as Gatlinburg I climbed up in the cab All wet and cold and lonely
    I wiped my eyes And told him about her I've got to find her
    Can you make these big wheels burn?

Screenshot-40.jpg
    She's somewhere in the Smoky Mountain rain

Screenshot-42.jpg
    I can't blame her for letting go A woman needs someone warm to hold
    I feel the rain running down my face I'll find her no matter what it takes

Screenshot-41.jpg

Screenshot-43.jpg
    After the concert, Stephanie and Hunter sat down to talk about his secret passion for country music. Hunter explained to her that music had always been an important part of his life, and that he had been writing and performing country songs since he was a teenager. And that he won American Idol last season. "What's your last name hunter?" Stephanie asked. He smiled "Metts" As soon as she heard his last name, she knew exactly who he was.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Nice use of a Ronnie Milsap song.
  • Options
    ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    @brntwaffles it is thank you

You're welcome.
    @ButterWafflesAR Thank you. There is a lot of damage still to be cleaned up in the area but crews have been doing a good job. At least for the next seven days, no chances in the forecast for storms. Hopefully the rest of the year is tamer.

I hope so. Tornados are beautiful, but also terrifying. Hopefully everything will be back to normal and cleaned up soon. :smile:
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    Happy Saturday everyone! :blush:

I'm hoping to see some more story posts on here today. I need something to read when I get off work. :lol:;):kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top