Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Feature Overview Trailer

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,442 Member
    Looks like their saving the world for the Livestream.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,999 Member
    I am super curious how the family dynamics compatibility will affect compatibility between sims who aren't related. Will this add new ways to affect interactions between strangers or coworkers? If the bad compatibility can influence relationships and interactions between any two sims my Schemes and Dreams story is going to go bonkers!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited February 2023
    My first thoughts....

1) I'll be kicking the Michaelsons out and taking that place over for myself. That property has some great views. :D

2) I'll also be making everyone compatible to avoid the drama, I loathe drama of any kind. Just peaceful serene gameplay for this kittycat. Thank you very much.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,328 Member
    Will this add new ways to affect interactions between strangers or coworkers?

It's only tied to the family.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,696 Member
    Chemistry looks awesome! And love some of the furniture that I think must be new.

Very confused by the fact that the doorway grandpa stands in is not the same when shot from inside of the house. Happy to see a harbor behind him, but I guess that was some "creative freedom" rather than a fact.

Hood looks lush and family friendly. Hoping the Wharf hood is a tad more industrial.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member

Yeah, from my understanding the family dynamics is for related sims, but social compatibility will affect related and unrelated sims..
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Nooooooooo!! Such a missed opportunity. My Judith Ward in S&D would so blow things up.

Of course there's still Octavia and Thorne....

I need to finish watching the trailer. You can tell how far in I got before I got distracted.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited February 2023
    So when the camera panned out at the end, is that the whole world you think? All three neighbourhoods were in that shot?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    jpajari wrote: »

Yeah, from my understanding the family dynamics is for related sims, but social compatibility will affect related and unrelated sims..

That's what I meant. I worded that wrong in my excitement.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I was hoping to see more, so I think that the livestream will be more of my thing.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 That’s what I figured, so I wanted to separate the two! ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    social compatibility will affect related and unrelated sims..

Which could mean that parents could dislike significant other, best friend and friends of their child.

• Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    Really like that we can get these dynamics in CAS. I often build my sims stories from them before even getting into the game. I'm curious how sims acquire it in the game and how these will work with the existing sentiments. But I'm very happy to have distant relationships that aren't only in my head.

Also the infants seem like they can learn to roll over, crawl and stand up which is so exciting for me! The progression to toddlers will be so much smoother I always missed teaching them how to in the sims 3.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 553 Member
    So when the camera panned out at the end, is that the whole world you think? All three neighbourhoods were in that shot?

The game has never loaded more than one neighborhood at a time before now, so I'm pretty sure that shot is of just one of the hoods.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 That’s what I figured, so I wanted to separate the two! ;)

Thank you!❤️ I'm so excited I got it all mixed up.

I love what I'm seeing of the Family Dynamic and Social Compatibility. I can reinforce the positive vibes and feel good relationships in Under The Tartosan Sun with both.🥰 And I can wreck havoc in Schemes with them too.😈

Best of both worlds!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't undeerstand how this new relationship system differ from the one already in the game
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 of course! Got your back <3

And @LeGardePourpre made a good point there of parents disliking their child’s significant other, best friends, etc.

These two features could be really cool and total game changers assuming they aren’t too buggy at launch! :D
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I am super curious how the family dynamics compatibility will affect compatibility between sims who aren't related. Will this add new ways to affect interactions between strangers or coworkers? If the bad compatibility can influence relationships and interactions between any two sims my Schemes and Dreams story is going to go bonkers!

Compatibility can effect anyone, it says so in the trailer description.
    Live a life full of important choices, memorable milestones, and dynamic relationships in The Sims™ 4 Growing Together Expansion Pack*, launching March 16 at 10 a.m. PT. Pre-order or buy through April 27 and get the Outdoor Playtime Digital Content**! (This content will become available when the pack launches.)

Family is at the center of a lot of the choices and milestones your Sim will be faced with in the Growing Together Expansion Pack. For example – will they let their parents move in with them? Saying ‘no’ will impact those relationships and saying ‘yes’ could make life at home a lot more complicated. What if your Sim’s parents don’t get along with their partner? For you, the choice might be whether you want to keep the peace or stir up some drama.

New relationships are getting more dynamic too. If your Sim goes out to meet new people, they might find someone they instantly like who they could be friends with for life. Or they could meet a lifelong enemy. Social chemistry will make some Sims click and some Sims clash, and how they navigate these feelings is up to you.

I think the family dynamics is just family (under relationship setting in CAS).
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,696 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I don't undeerstand how this new relationship system differ from the one already in the game

I think there is still a lot to learn, but that likes/dislikes will finally have some impact on our sims' relations. I love that, but I don't know how it will affect their contact/friendship.

And then there seems to be a way to decide how each sim of a family relates to each of the other family members. Will be good for sibling rivalry and I like that grandparents can have a favorite grandchild.

The existing friendships - at least in my game - seems to be a mix of my sim's social actions and randomness. I hope the new elements will make it more steady and long term, especially when playing on rotation.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    The Gameplay trailer had 3 features :
    • Family Dynamic
    • Milestones
    • Social Compatibility

Social Compatibility could change the relationship with the NPC townies probably more than Sentiments.

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2023
    Deleted
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,027 Member
    I'm just kind of confused how the compatibility thing is supposed to work out

I hope its not as simple as " i like cooking this sim doesn't like cooking we are enemies" because that would be quite silly

i often like to bring together sims with different interests
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    Can’t wait to have a better look at bb and cas! Celeste’s hair is absolutely beautiful. Very much looking forward to new skin details and birth marks. Stretch marks?!?! I’ve been wanting them for so long!!
    GsGKltr.png
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    Anyone recognize the narrator's voice?