Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    I wrote most of this before the "new order in forum.. saved in draft.. now im curious how much editing I have to do...

@Karababy52 ,
    Thanks for your sweet comments <3

hehe , my own rules when it comes to makeovers have changed a lot too :D
    Not even reduce weight, Ill put that sim in some gym club, then :P I have lots of npc only clubs too, they are nice addition as backround sims at communitylot.

in past i might even change the bodyshape without even a doubt. lol, no more.
    oh, and its eyes what im searching first in Mila , those are like Munch family trademarks.
    hehe, of course if it fits to story , right if I have rich spoiled kid who may want her nose done or similar, then its different :smiley: but yes, enough blabber of my editing habits, sorry.

@DaniRose2143 ,
    Thank you for your comments :) yeah, generator is minor annoyance, Derek was bigger :D

@DreamPrincess ,
    hehe, good explanation, maybe :p

@LonelyWolfTales ,
    thank you for your comments :) I hope Mitch will survive :p
    Aww, Mikkel and crashed dollhouse.. so sad.. and somehow very cute too. <3

@BlueSeaWaves ,
    Yes, Mitch may be surprised, ut Lisa is determined :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited February 2023

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

Why, oh why did they take the preview and edit away? I do edits in my program and even so, I still end up with typos And sometimes, because the pictures don't show in my program, just the imjur code, which we no longer need, I might add, I get the pictures in the wrong order, or heaven forbid duplicate photos. 😲 Maybe, being able to feed them in over here, that won't happen. I do like that we can upload pictures from our computers, again. Oh, well.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member

@GalacticGal I might try uploading from my computer but I'm not sure it would work. My screenshots are so big just the file size alone would probably fail to upload. But it is worth a try.

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member

Yeah I’m confused by the way the forum looks now. It would’ve been nice if we’d been told about it in advance.

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited February 2023

No idea how this is going to go with the new format. But here's my attempt at my first big update in months.

Sometime last year, I posted about the wedding of Farrah Fyres and Orange Bailey-Moon, the affair between Thorn and Morgan that occurred during the wedding festivities, the ensuing divorce of Thorn and Octavia, and the making up of Morgan and her husband Finnian.

This week, that situation had a rather final resolution.

RIP Thorn Bailey.

After that, Farrah's parents moved in with her and Orange in the former Bailey-Moon mansion, or at least the home I downloaded from the gallery to replace it.

The rest of the story will be under the spoiler if I can get this to work.

Morgan dealt with her grief by writing a ballad.

Finnian was actually more upset than anyone. Maybe he felt guilty about perhaps wanting him dead at least a little?

Farrah's emotional control trait helped her comfort Orange.

And then she took advantage of the opportunity to perform a musical scene at the bar near the cemetery, because she's shamelessly seeking fame like that.

But life goes on, and Farrah's career was taking off. Soon she was performing in a children's program.

And later she was actually cast in a real drama! She invited the director and cast and found out she would be working with Judith Ward! They practiced together for a bit at the house,

The next day they rehearsed for a bit before the performance.

Turns out Judith was the love interest.

Farrah was excited about the alien scene.

When she got home she realized she was nominated for an award! So they went to the Starlight Accolades.

Morgan actually won first, for best song! She has licensed multiple songs and tracks, but I didn't know she was nominated.

Farrah also won!

Orange was at work but arrived just in time for her speech.

Congrats babe!

Afterwards Orange traveled to Moonwood Mills to visit his mother and meet his new brother.

Little Warren seems a bit less excited. I expect him to be the first infant I play in this save, later in this rotation.

Okay I can't get images under the spoiler. Any tips?

Post edited by Daephene on
  • Options

So Erytheia and Xanthe went to prom, without having been to school at all, which was odd. I did manage a gold rating. Neither got voted as Prom Royalty or Prom Jester but I'm not bothered by that.

@Daephene for spoilers, click on the little paragraph sign at the edge of the textbox, then on the quotation mark (says "toggle special formats menu" if you hover over it), then spoiler.

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

I'm sure EA_Cade would had made a post last week on the day that the new format rolled out but he last electricity in his part of Texas due to an ice storm that hit there.

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member

@Lucy_Henley I tried that method, but it wouldn't let me attach an image under the spoiler. So I typed the whole thing up and highlighted it all and tried to change it to spoiler and it made multiple spoiler tags for each line of text but left the images outside.

• Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    edited February 2023

@BlueSeaWaves Huh, yeah. The text is nice being bigger, but the spoiler tag a little too much, no? Anyway lemme see if it still works the same.

Oh, wouldya lookit that? I have no idea what the difference is between "upload image," "insert media" and "upload file" but it looks like the first actually works for getting pictures to show? Two things, though. One, I have no idea if the image will stay there even if I delete it from my pc (and if it doesn't then I would like a way to keep using my imgur, thank you very much.) And two, I tried to do the exact same thing in the morning already, but the pic didn't show which makes me question how well is this going to work.

Overall, this "update" (read chaos) still makes me a very upset llama. DX

Pps: I might just go and delete the pic on purpose to see if it breaks.

Last edit: It didn't! I deleted the pic completely and it still stayed here. Okay, as long as there aren't huge times when it refuses to take uploads, this might actually be nice.

Post edited by _Gina on
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited February 2023

Sorry about the delay in my update. I’ve had a busy few days and writer’s block. I haven’t had that creative spark to get the next update going. I’m trying but it’s hard to get the inspiration going.

This new format though… it’s definitely throwing me off a bit.

Everything is a little different depending on whether or not I’m on a mobile device.

• Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2023

Delete, i moved this to other topic.

Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member

This is a test.

• Options

Are you able to edit your photos on your computer at all? I have Paint, so I can edit mine. I do so and then change them into a jpg and upload them into a folder inside my Pictures. Best of luck.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

You are not the only one. I thought my computer was going wonky on me again, like it did the other day! Phew, so glad to know it's not on my end. Yikes.

• Options

@Daephene Loved your update. especially this part of the line: " . . . because she's shamelessly seeking fame like that." Emphasis mine. Yeah, not being able to use spoilers is going to be a problem. Maybe once they realize how much space it takes, they'll give them back to us. Sheesh, this is a mess.

• Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member

Attempts by my teenage sim, Jamie, to impress the girls falls way short of expectations....on the other hand, he's going to form a band with his other single male friends.

• Options
  • Options
    LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2023
    @_Gina
    hahaha, Owen definitely gives off grumpy uncle vibes. He does has the mean trait, so that explains all of the dollhouse wrecking.

@mightysprite
    thanks! I look forward to seeing him grow too :)

@DaniRose2143
    Owen definitely has a lot of issues! Good thing he's not the only parent in the house, bad thing that none of the other parents seem to want to talk to him.

@BlueSeaWaves
    you're welcome and thank you! I always feel happy when people like Mikkel <3

@zucchinionpizza
    oh definitely. Who would've known that cardboard and hammers mesh well.

@Ellupelluellu
    oh geez, I hope Mitch survives too lol. And thank you!

@Lucy_Henley
    What a cute screenshot! <3

@Daephene
    oh god, poor Thorne! But I'm glad everyone managed to overcome their grief and I enjoyed watching as they all went on with their lives. Warren doesn't seem happy about having an older brother, haha.

I don't really understand what happened to the formatting and why but... alright, let's roll with it!

Not much happened in my game today, just the usual routine. But on one stormy night Mikkel came down for a midnight snack and woke Owen up to get it for him, which I think is very funny, seeing how the two of them have the lowest friendship bar.
    2WiPBbt.png
    "Eat your sandwich and go to bed, I have to go to work in two hours and my sleeping bar is RED."
    vnSrF9B.png

"Grrrr."
    pk0IOi1.png

"Did you just growl at me?"
    "Mikkel can't sleep alone. Storm loud and scary!"
    "How intelligent."
    WVtm8vW.png

"Mikkel sleep here with Owen?"
    3vvHJmf.png

"You have three dad's and I'M the one you pick? Seriously? Go nag someone who tolerates you more."
    ce8COMT.png

"But... Owen all alone... like Mikkel."
    aEPCgCZ.png

"Maybe Owen likes it. And even if he doesn't, no one cares anyway."
    eTSjDvo.png

He eventually sent Mikkel back to bed and tried to get some sleep, but it was already somewhere near morning. Sigh.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Thank goodness everything is back to normal. Guess you don’t appreciate things until they’re gone. Funny though, I use imgur and whenever I get the bbcode link I always wonder what would happen if that was gone. I guess yesterday we found out.
    @Daephene
    Rip Thorne 😵 I chuckled a Farrah trying to get some fame at the bar. Some really seek fame bad. Seemed to work, she’s climbing that ladder of fame. Haha Morgan won but didn’t know she was nominated. Congratulations to Morgan and Farrah!
    @Metior_Ice
    Hope the spark comes back, the good news is the format is back to its original way.
    @LonelyWolfTales
    Your welcome, Mikkel is precious. It’s saddening seeing Owen behave like that to Mikkel, he doesn’t deserve that. He’s just a toddler. Adorable he doesn’t want to sleep alone because of the storm. I’m hoping Owen eventually come around.

Update on my Local Color legacy, it was going so well until the end. Now I'm not sure how to continue.
    After submitting an adoption application, Aeri and Senna held a small outing to celebrate their engagement. Aeri happily announced her engagement to friends. uLaqEqw.png
    Olivia was happy to be invited. Ty236og.png It was all going well. Until Rory entered the bar in her werewolf form. UqOoYLx.png Everyone stopped what they were doing and began to run and cower in fear.Time to call it a night UyPXD0v.png Aeri continued to dive in the dumpsters. Didn’t notice that even hair gets dirty while dumpster diving. “Yuck!” Aeri thought.QhYjwHU.png After a few days of submitting their application for adoption, they were accepted. Senna went to the agency alone since she got out of work early. She brought Connie Dawns back home. The next heir🙌 JwyR1Is.png Olivia happened to stop by for a visit, she showed off the newest family member. e0eawqC.png “Awww, whose this little cutie?” Aeri quickly became fond of her. TYNMTcs.png Connie quickly changed their lives the second she became a part of it. She had complete control of their sleep schedules. One was able to sleep during night and the other during the day. Aeri didn’t mind. p9mQtss.png Connie became a toddler days after arriving home. She received the fussy trait.erZxVm5.png

Aeri and Senna were happy, their wedding day was set for the next day. No better day to get married than on love fest😁 3O8J87q.png
    They’re wedding was nearby the station of Conifer station. gWqAswe.png Connie fell asleep the moment they arrived. 4UXRZkj.png First time throwing a wedding. It was sort of scary. Guests gathered around and threw rice. 8qMIOCu.png They all took their seats when it was time to start. Olivia’s outfit was the one that surprised me the most. RNL0aho.png Everyone watched as vows were exchanged…that guy wouldn’t take a seat😅xJTCE0m.png Olivia was the only one who was really cheering them on. 4OsmWC7.pngbPzBlJV.png Aeri was excited and nervous. evV2Bpp.png Time to place the rings. FgWoTJm.png Connie walked up to get a good view of this.😆 Was worried something was going to happen because Senna got a thought bubble of a broken heart😳 xRdceqf.png

At this point Olivia began crying…out of happiness? TPhFV0H.png
    Yeah looks like happiness. C4YKRYI.png Their first kiss as a married couple. That sim got up to go the bathroom, she’s seen enough. 4HdMkUo.png I blinked for a second and missed what Aeri did that hurt Senna. bGXixto.png Senna was fine though. They each gave other a bite of cake. Connie was excited there was cake. krRRjV3.png The first dance UBtEbO0.png Connie enjoyed her slice of cake. CanBXpD.png Everyone joined the dance floor. bJzdjC5.png Even Connie was lured in a1RWiZ6.png The guest started chatting amongst themselves. Olivia was the proudest one there. g8GIc0E.png The dancing continued for hours. It would’ve lasted all night but Connie grew sleepy. WQm3CI3.png Thanks to all the guests 😁 fN8AArZ.png They returned home, Senna carried Connie to bed. Her face, she couldn’t believe they kept her up past her bed time🤣 Senna went right to sleep after cKQo27y.png Aeri noticed Olivia was also outside looking all sad. She invited her inside. t2sbabD.png I left them alone to make myself coffee and failed to pause the game. When I returned apparently Aeri and Olivia had done some flirting. They were sitting on the couch and had made considerable progress on their romance bar. I had Aeri ask Olivia to leave. I’m not sure what to do anymore. Any advice? They just got married and now I’m contemplating them having to divorce😖 Aeri😠😠
  • Options
    Thanks for the comment @LonelyWolfTales ! It’s certainly a much better location for their first kiss than in the original version of this save, where their first kiss was in a bathroom :D:D Mikkel seems like such a cutie. And yikes, Owen seems pretty harsh! I understand that not everyone likes kids, though. That’s still not really an excuse for meanness. Thankfully Mikkel has two other dads who are hopefully much nicer!
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2023

Hey simmers!

I had an unexpected trip to the hospital but all is well now, so finally able to be back with the wrap up of the snowy escape vacation!

This is the finale you could say!

I have caught up with this thread and love all the updates, thank you to anyone that has commented on my story recently, it is so appreciated and I will be back to commenting on others now that I am caught up so many pages, though I left all the awesome's.

EDIT: This thread does not like my post.... here is a link then to the post where it does work.

Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18227364#Comment_18227364

• Options
    edited February 2023
    @Daephene ,
    RIP Thorne. Heh, 2 last times my sim has done that same role it was also with Judith, both times.
    @LonelyWolfTales ,
    aww , Owen, what do you mean "who cares?"???? Mikkel just clearly told you he cares!!!!!
    @BlueSeaWaves ,
    aww, I love that pic where all guests sit but Connie sleeps <3
    @Lyrie ,
    Im glad that all now okay :) Lovely story you have there! I was not sure should I comment here or there, but I loved the christmas deco all over the house!

While I give Lisa and Mitch time to chew things, I grabbed another townie, bartender called Matt
    IxbY5dY.png
    PhzoaE3.png
    I realised I havent done Strangeville gameplay for years.

But...
    I forgot I had a mod for less townies to spawn.. or this time it was actually "no new strangervillesims" .. I had none before, so I assume it made so none now..
    wiyFFoK.png

GP1ErAq.png

empty...

Even bar did not spawn any military person.
    RskEeNi.png
    I know Dylan here works most likely in army, but I meant those new random ones, like Matt. Just most likely with pear body, Asian eyes and neon pink or green OLD cc-hair.. (nothing against any of that, just there are bit too many of those.)

But no worries, his phone rang.. it was Judith Ward!!!!!
    Who asked him to visit Batuu!

Well if Judith Ward herself asks.. he has to obey (nothing to do with me beeing lazy to temporaly remove the mod, nope, none o:) )

And there he is, in a galaxy far, far , far away.
    Fem3Ajs.png
    YduYoSb.png

• Options
    Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member
    Well my sim spent 2 hours trying to carry her toddler down the stairs and the action kept canceling....so far it has not been a productive day for my sims....
  • Options
    Emmy142 wrote: »
    Well my sim spent 2 hours trying to carry her toddler down the stairs and the action kept canceling....so far it has not been a productive day for my sims....

Two hours? Yikes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top