Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you stop playing a sim for the day, do you address their needs first?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I usually like to finish the day before I leave my sims. So I'll make sure all their other needs are taken care of and send them off to bed. I'll pause, save, then exit. When I restart the game, I'll just speed through the night until they wake up to a new day.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,761 Member
    Not really. I play each household for a week, which usually takes more than one session, and I just stop whenever I feel like it. Sometimes on the last day before I switch households I will let their needs get low because I know they'll be reset based on the time of day I get back to that house, while other things they could be achieving like skill points will stay.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,696 Member
    Haha, so glad you asked! :) For years I had a silly habit of waiting for a sim to get seated or go to bed before I pause and save and close game :) I know those sims will be located totally randomly the next time I open their household, but somehow I feel like a bad person if I freeze/close my game before my sims have "landed" their action :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I just do it randomly - :D Whenever I feel like playing another family.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    I like to log off when everything is going haywire and the forget all about it until I start the household back up again and spend several minutes of confusion putting out fires, in some cases literally.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    This might sound silly but I tend to save and leave a session once they're all in bed after I've met their needs for the day....so yeh I guess like putting your toys away tidily.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I do!! I take care of all their needs and put them to sleep! LOL. I mean, if I don't play for a week they will never rest! I have tried to just leave things as they are when I am ready to quit but I always end up going back in and doing it. I feel guilty if I don't.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    Often I put mine to bed because I find that tucking them in and then returning to have a moment to figure out their day (look at job schedule and whatever) while they get some zzzz's works well for me.

Sometimes though I will have to leave a game in the middle of a session (because of rl, you know?) and then anything goes.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,146 Member
    Nay, I just give them the complete need cheat before I save my game.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Depends what time it is for them. If its close to bedtime I fill their needs and put them all to sleep and then quit. Or if its daytime I just wait until everyone is home from school/work and needs are met.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    It depends. If possible, I like them to be in bed when I decide to quit the game. Other times, I leave them in the middle of whatever they are doing.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I used to always save and quit at the end of a day, after my Sims went to sleep. That way, when I started up again, there were no loose plots or tasks for me to remember, and I could start up fresh.

Now I don't have the same kind of schedule to just carve out a chunk of Sims time, so I play when I can. Then save and quit when I get too sleepy to keep going. Figuring out where I left off is a problem for future me.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Nah. Never occurred to me to top up their stats before exiting. It will just pick up where I left off the next time.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    it depends, sometimes I will stop right before something is about to happen because I'm like "I want to dedicate a chunk of time to this event" so I won't particularly pay attention to their needs maybe just be sure they aren't dying. But most of the time I will wait till they all are home from work/school and have their needs at least decently in the green, or I will wait until they are all in bed and then I will save and exit. Because as some others have said, that way the next time you just pick up without having any loose plotlines, and they are all in one place with their needs all dealt with as well.