Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you stop playing a sim for the day, do you address their needs first?

Β«1
How do you leave the household you're playing at the end of a session?

If it's a sim I like (and some I don't!), I treat them like dolls--I make sure every need is met before I put them back in the toybox lol

Now if it's one I don't like, I might leave them out in the rain or snow, or leave them with a bladder that's ready to burst....

But what about you?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,421 Member
    I always leave them sleeping. I think it was a thing in TS2. I make sure they don't have any needs that are easily catered to like hunger or toilet, or hygiene, in the very low red. Next time I play them they are fresh and spunky and ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I always leave them sleeping. I think it was a thing in TS2. I make sure they don't have any needs that are easily catered to like hunger or toilet, or hygiene, in the very low red. Next time I play them they are fresh and spunky and ready to rumble.

Yes, it does save a lot of time in the next playing session
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,989 Member
    I play rotationally and before I leave a household I usually make sure most of their needs are taken care of, except maybe sleep. I usually leave the household some time in the early evening so that if I’m changing households I can address the new households needs before they have to go to work or school.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    I'm another one that makes sure needs are not going to go south when they wake up. :D Usually I will save and quit with them standing at the edge of the bed. Just easier that way. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,455 Member
    I don't do anything other than pause the game before saving & exiting. When I play again my sim is exactly right where I left them & needs haven't changed.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I've never actually thought about it. I either stop playing when I find a natural stopping point in the story, or if something comes up IRL that needs to be dealt with. Whatever state they're in, that's where they are. It does sometimes add some excitement when loading back in and trying to remember if I had a plan to deal with whatever was going on.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Not appliccable to Sims 4, but in 2 and 3 the first thing I do after loading a household is to feed the fishes. Even if I know with 100% certainty that feeding the fishes is the last thing I did before saving.

Other than that I never paid attention to my habits in this regard.
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    I find it really tedious and annoying to keep up with their "mortal needs" so I use the Make Happy cheat often. This allows me to focus on other aspects of the game that are more interesting to me instead of micromanaging the small stuff like using the loo or whatnot. I also don't do anything special when I'm ready to sign off - I just save and that's that.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Usually, like 9/10 times I will sort out everything, finish the sim day and send them to bed then log out.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I usually do, and save/end the game at night when (hopefully) everyone is asleep. It's like starting a new day when opening up again. The only exception is when I have too many toddlers who need attention and I become overwhelmed. Then I just save/quit right there until I'm emotionally ready to continue πŸ˜…
  • Options
    Dark_BokenshaDark_Bokensha Posts: 38 Member
    most of the time I'd make sure that their needs are high enough, even if I dislike them (this includes that family from the parenting scenario sorry to anyone that likes them xD), only to get distracted by another thing which makes me play a little longer.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I play rotationally so it doesn't really matter because they wont be in the same position when I return from another household. With that said I still usually take care of their needs and put them to bed before quitting.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,963 Member
    I just save and quit when I'm done. Sometimes my sims are out and about when I stop and I just pick up where I left off next time I play.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I like to give Sims a fresh start when I can. I'll save and quit as soon as they awaken, as if they're greeting the new day. If I stop playing at other times, I often lose track of what the Sim was up to. I might have thought "After he washes his lunch dish, he's going to work on his book, and then go for a workout," but by the time I play again, I forget what I had planned for him. It seems easier for me to remember what I wanted my Sims to do with their days if I start them out in the morning.

Of course, that can't always happen, and then they simply pick up where they left off.

Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,993 Member
    I dont really care where I left them , but i try not to stop playing when sims are at work or at school, as they are home when i pick up the next time :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,989 Member
    Not appliccable to Sims 4, but in 2 and 3 the first thing I do after loading a household is to feed the fishes. Even if I know with 100% certainty that feeding the fishes is the last thing I did before saving.

Other than that I never paid attention to my habits in this regard.

It was my birds that used to perish ….
  • Options
    Interesting, a lot of different responses here. I can see how being a rotational player could change things for some.

I usually get them ready for the day right after they wake up, and then quit
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,985 Member
    edited November 2022
    Idk kinda depends on sim I am playing
    but if sim has active career for example
    its usually just before they have to go to work
    or right after they get home from work

and if its just family with not much to do with careers and whatnot
    yeah then maybe when I have just filled their needs for the next sim day

or I notice that I am getting close to doing something time consuming
    or finish something time consuming thats usually spot i pick to get out while I can :lol:

like for example next time I visit Olive Specter
    I really do have to wait until Emily actually dies
    (which will probably take forever)

and I also need to do whatever I plan to do with Grim Reaper that play session
    since he is only there on his reaper duties and might disappear if I reload the lot

= I'm gonna need lots of time which I don't have lately
    because my sleep pattern is chaos itself

then again I do switch between many households so they are rarely where I left them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I leave them sleeping, so their needs are where I think they should be for the wee hours of the day. They might need breakfast, but shouldn't be starving. That way I can either come back and play their next day or move on to someone else.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Yep, make all happy, pause, save n exit.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    Another reason why I like to make sure all of their needs are met; when I decide to play a particular sim, it's usually because I want to send them somewhere--I don't want to have to take care of all of their needs before they can leave the lot
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I used to pause and save my game as my sims put their heads on their pillows at night. But for some reason that is no longer working since the October update. When I load my game then my sim had their whole sleep and is awake and busy in their house, It completely somehow skips the night time sleep and the game is never in pause anymore. I do hope that gets fixed, its a bit of a hassle if you are used to saving that way ;)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    Wow, I don't do any of that. I just save and exit whenever.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Nah, I just save and have like incredibly bad memory that I have to save again because I forget if I just saved or notπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    edited November 2022
    I check to see what day of the week I'm on in-game. If one of them has to go to work early the next day, I'll cheat up their needs. If any of the Toddlers are in dire straights, I cheat up their needs, so that I'm not smacked with so and so is really hungry and if you don't take care of them they will be taken away. I have had incidences where I left the game before without noticing a baby was in a bad way (rarely, though) only to find out when I powered up my game for the next session, bad things were happening. No more. This is pure insanity. So, if need be, I cheat them up. I'm always keeping Erik's needs up, that's a given. He gets called to concerts and magazine shoots at all hours of the day and night. He no longer attends the movie offers he still gets. (He had to cut back somewhere for his family's sake, after all.) So, yeah I make sure everybody is in good form before I leave them for the night.

Confession: I know in the past I stated I would never cheat up my Toddlers' needs. In my own defense, MCCC now allows us to take care of needs individually, instead of just the blanket all needs are full. So, if a Toddler is already fully potty-trained but has to go very badly and despite directing them to use the Potty chair, and they just stand there as if they don't or can't understand, before it gets to be a problem, I'll fix it for them. Same with hunger. There will be no kid taken by the SS (Social Services, that is to say) on my watch. I do not cheat up their skills, however.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/