Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too much romance?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Good grief, the sims are going Old Testament with all the wives? I guess there can't be religious objections to that, but polygamy hasn't been a thing for a while, at least not officially recognized.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Good grief, the sims are going Old Testament with all the wives? I guess there can't be religious objections to that, but polygamy hasn't been a thing for a while, at least not officially recognized.

Hmm… could just as well be a woman with two husbands. A usual combo in romance books and fan fiction.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yup, if EA insists on pushing this rhetoric, I hope they have an off switch or I'm not going to be very happy. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2022
    I would leave even if you could turn it off. This is over the top and not worth my game play. I hope those others here who disagree with this will take a stand.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    I'm dubious of this multi marriage bit coming to the sims. I don't want it and I have no interest in it. I prefer all my sims, the ones in my rotation at the very least, to be monogamous. That sort of flies against the relationship type I'm after. There is already one mod, everybody knows it's name, that offers players a chance to do that, or equally bad romantic/sexual things. I can't imagine the Gurus wanting to bring that into the game. That pushes boundaries way too far and is too risky from both a ratings and sales standpoint. EA and Maxis aren't going to risk the bottom line for something that far out on the fringe. Unless they've lost their minds.

I haven't heard of this tweet until now, but it feels like a joke gone awry, or simply in very bad taste.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    That explains why my Cleopatra can be married to both her Roman husbands at the same time. :D:p I love it with my Ancient Times game save but I wouldn't want that in all my other timeline game saves. :/
    Also, what's up with some of the parents flirting with their own child, especially a toddler. So way wrong & iky. :s:s:s
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That explains why my Cleopatra can be married to both her Roman husbands at the same time. :D:p I love it with my Ancient Times game save but I wouldn't want that in all my other timeline game saves. :/
    Also, what's up with some of the parents flirting with their own child, especially a toddler. So way wrong & iky. :s:s:s

That is utterly gross. Even more tempted to uninstall and drop like an active explosive.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    I very much doubt multiple marriage partners will come to The Sims, while I dont see a problem with it, I think that will really push the rating towards mature.
  • Options
    OK, just let me vent...

You can't build a game for kids and mature audiences alike by implementing adult and kid content. If you do that, then neither side is happy. Parents, do you want to make sure your child's sim doesn't decide to get lucky? And what adult would care to have someone pranking their toilet every fifteen minutes?

They need to choose a rating for the game and stick with it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't mind multimarriages actually sounds like fun thing to play with

although i wouldn't want sims to autonomously try to get trillion partners :lol:

or send these pop ups to like everyone they know

id like if you could have it so that by default sims are only looking for one partner like they have been until now

and yes will be jealous if sim cheats when they're only looking for one partner as they should be

and i don't particularily want sims to propose my sims via phone like thats just so unromantic and i wanna choose anyway who proposes who

I just wish there was toggles for this stuff to toggle off phone spam you do not want to deal with

oh and they really have to fix family relations n family tree so sims don't try to romance their relatives or family members that i draw line in
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2022
    Whats all the speculation about multiple marriages?
    This is a known and confirmed bug with the "Sims asking you" feature that it targets the wrong sims. Nothing more.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »
    I played for a few hours last night and I currently playing now but I've only had a few bf requests and no proposals. So random.

Teens or adults?
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Yup, if EA insists on pushing this rhetoric, I hope they have an off switch or I'm not going to be very happy. :s

None of my adult sims are getting asked to be boyfriend/girlfriend or marriage proposals by sims I'm not playing.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I wish marriage proposals would happen with my sims so I can see what happens if I say yes.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    I played for a few hours last night and I currently playing now but I've only had a few bf requests and no proposals. So random.

Teens or adults?

None of my adult sims are getting asked to be boyfriend/girlfriend or marriage proposals by sims I'm not playing.

Is this strictly a bug in HSY? If so I will never buy it- ever. It sounds absolutely ridiculous, and my Sims never get asked to get married, either...
  • Options

Teens or adults?

Is this strictly a bug in HSY? If so I will never buy it- ever. It sounds absolutely ridiculous, and my Sims never get asked to get married, either...

To be honest my adult sims aren't getting marriage proposals from other adults. I'm unlucky.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @catloverplayer Was this supposed to be a thing? I thought it was other Sims could ask you to the prom, ask to be girlfriend and boyfriend, ask to be best friends, or break up with you. I got the impression that it was supposed to be confined to teens and that it was based on your relationship. The teens asking adults seems to be an unintended bug. Also it seems I was wrong about it being based on relationship, but rather it seems more random. I never got the idea that Sims could autonomously propose marriage though.
  • Options
    Or, unflirty
    Darren wrote: »
    Whats all the speculation about multiple marriages?
    This is a known and confirmed bug with the "Sims asking you" feature that it targets the wrong sims. Nothing more.

This "better" be a bug...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm dubious of this multi marriage bit coming to the sims. I don't want it and I have no interest in it. I prefer all my sims, the ones in my rotation at the very least, to be monogamous. That sort of flies against the relationship type I'm after. There is already one mod, everybody knows it's name, that offers players a chance to do that, or equally bad romantic/sexual things. I can't imagine the Gurus wanting to bring that into the game. That pushes boundaries way too far and is too risky from both a ratings and sales standpoint. EA and Maxis aren't going to risk the bottom line for something that far out on the fringe. Unless they've lost their minds.

I haven't heard of this tweet until now, but it feels like a joke gone awry, or simply in very bad taste.

It isn't a joke. There is a thread here somewhere asking players should this be in TS4. Within that thread someone posted the tweet. It's real.
    The guru basically said they were hoping to explore this and bring it to TS4. I'm 99% sure that's where I saw the guru's tweet.

I found it for all those thinking they would never. (On Twitter). Sorry about the layout of the conversation but I couldn't copy the tweet but here it is. Someone can fix my copy/screenshot so all can reread the tweet in it's correct form.

I'm only reporting what is true in interest of truth. No jokes or speculation.

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Chantal Noordeloos
    @C_Noordeloos
    ·
    Feb 8
    @SimGuruNinja
    Any chance this (excuse the terrible screenshot) means we can be married to more than one partner? Asking as a polyamorous person who would love to have my sim-self marry both my partners 🙈
    SimGuruNinja
    @SimGuruNinja
    Replying to
    @C_Noordeloos
    Currently limited to one spouse but definitely want to support this in the future!
    4:37 PM · Feb 8, 2022·Twitter Web App
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    edited August 2022
    @Cinebar I've seen it now in Ninja's tweet. I was wrong, it is a real possibility. I also thought it might just be telling someone what they want to hear. That doesn't sound like this is the case. It's not something I'm wanting to see added to the game. I don't see where it's something that adds value or representation like pronouns, sexual orientation, other future LGBTQIA features. It's not a feature I have any interest in, and I don't think it has a huge audience. Maybe it does. It's not a subject I follow because it doesn't apply to me. No doubt there are people on the LGBTQIA spectrum that enjoy it. When I hear the word polygamy or references to the practice I think of it not as a romantic lifestyle, but entirely as a cult activity. It seems like that's the only time I ever hear it mentioned, so for me that's what drew my response.

In the end, if they handle it like they've handled pronouns and sexual orientation, I have no problem. Make it so that those who want it have to actively opt-in. That really is the perfect way to handle a lot of features like this that could be added to the game. Not just those of a romantic or sexual nature either.