Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too much romance?

One of my sims is already married and gets marriage proposals from other sims all the time. Is this a bug or can sims have more than one partner? That seems like an adult theme lol

Comments

• Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    And off topic, I'm trying to throw a birthday party and the only venues I can choose from are public venu. Has anyone run into that?
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    They can have more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at the same time but I've never heard of more than one spouse. Sounds buggy to me.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »
    One of my sims is already married and gets marriage proposals from other sims all the time. Is this a bug or can sims have more than one partner? That seems like an adult theme lol

It's a bug. It probably was introduced in the recent patch though I haven't seen it and sims your not playing don't ask your sim to get married.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2022

This may be a bug at the moment however, it's a planned feature eventually. Maybe they are testing the waters. According to one guru's tweet several months ago, they hope to bring in multi marriages.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

This may be a bug at the moment however, it's a planned feature eventually. Maybe they are testing the waters. According to one guru's tweet several months ago, they hope to bring in multi marriages.

Oh how I hope this is a planned feature especially for Sims who are single.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I had a cool glitch in my game that let my Cleopatra sim be married to both my Julius Caesar & Mark Anthony sims at the same time. And get this, I only play Vanilla. :D:pB);)
  • Options

How about taking a picture of the popup?I want to see what it says.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I had a cool glitch in my game that let my Cleopatra sim be married to both my Julius Caesar & Mark Anthony sims at the same time. And get this, I only play Vanilla. :D:pB);)

Does it cause jealousy?
  • Options
    This may be a bug with My Wedding Stories.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Nope!! I made sure to make my Julius Caesar an Uncle to Mark Anthony so that everyone gets along. :p
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    This may be a bug with My Wedding Stories.

I think its a bug with the new "Other sims are asking you" feature with the last patch. That seems to be buggy as heck.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @catloverplayer I should have grabbed a screen shot but I get so many random pop ups asking to be best friends my instinct is to automatically click no. Ill be playing tonight so Ill invite the same sim over to see if I can recreate the moment.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2022

That is what I mean. Apparently once such a "ask other sim" is triggered they ask a random sim in your household regardless of relationship status or age and not the sim for which the request was originally triggered for.

At least I assume you do have a sim in this household with a romantic relation with Kasandra so that for them this request would be reasonable?
  • Options

Next time this happens accept and see if their married or engaged. You don't have to save it.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited August 2022
    It’s super bugged out, there is waaay too many pop ups now for proposals of all kinds. I get about five bff proposals daily and I have to just accept because I don’t want to lose friendships if I say no. Then my sims mom keeps asking to have a baby every hour. It’s super messed up I hope they fix this mess.
  • Options
    It’s super bugged out, there is waaay too many pop ups now for proposals of all kinds. I get about five bff proposals daily and I have to just accept because I don’t want to lose friendships if I say no. Then my sims mom keeps asking to have a baby every hour. It’s super messed up I hope they fix this mess.

I wish the marriage one would happen to me even though it's buggy. No one has mention this on AHQ.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member

If they do that, I'm out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

I'm sure their will be an option to turn it off.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member

Same.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member

I'm sure their will be an option to turn it off.

Lol. They gave us an option to turn off wants and fears, but it doesn't work.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Me too.
  • Options
    I played for a few hours last night and I currently playing now but I've only had a few bf requests and no proposals. So random.
  • Options
    I played for a few hours last night and I currently playing now but I've only had a few bf requests and no proposals. So random.

Teens or adults?
  • Options
    Adults. I have two engaged adults in my house and one child.