Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    [*] Outside of class, your day consists of doing homework, talking to others, eating or exercising - stuff you already do in the base game all the time, except now they're making you do it.

Speaking of which... in every gamechanger video I've seen so far, including all of the James Turner series, which is now up to seven videos, exercising is a daily task every single day. What on earth?

(1) I don't want every single sim I have 'roiding out on the weight machines every single day just so they can get a decent grade in school. I don't really see any reason for my chess club captain or frail goth kid to end up with maxed out fitness skill and muscles like The Rock.

(2) Who here worked out at school during their breaks? I'm guessing the folks who were on athletic teams, and literally no one else. I used exercise equipment at school a grand total of zero times ever during my four years of high school. No, I stand corrected: one day in freshman year health class, we used the weight room (in the teacher's words, "so you all will at least know where it is." And that was indeed the last time I ever passed through the doors of that room.

I would roll my eyes at this being a daily task even if it were only once a week, but like I said, it's been every day in every video I've watched.

When I was in school, and mind you I graduated in 1986, we had gym class everyday. I hated it, and my sims hate the exercise task everyday also. I can see maybe once or twice a week, but not everyday.

I was in high school in the early 90s. We had gym class, too, but it was not every day... and even in gym class, we never used the workout equipment, we played team sports. Mostly basketball or volleyball. We also sometimes ran laps or did pushups. That was pretty much it. Very rarely we would travel off-campus to go swimming or iceskating or take nature hikes.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    [*] Outside of class, your day consists of doing homework, talking to others, eating or exercising - stuff you already do in the base game all the time, except now they're making you do it.

Speaking of which... in every gamechanger video I've seen so far, including all of the James Turner series, which is now up to seven videos, exercising is a daily task every single day. What on earth?

(1) I don't want every single sim I have 'roiding out on the weight machines every single day just so they can get a decent grade in school. I don't really see any reason for my chess club captain or frail goth kid to end up with maxed out fitness skill and muscles like The Rock.

(2) Who here worked out at school during their breaks? I'm guessing the folks who were on athletic teams, and literally no one else. I used exercise equipment at school a grand total of zero times ever during my four years of high school. No, I stand corrected: one day in freshman year health class, we used the weight room (in the teacher's words, "so you all will at least know where it is." And that was indeed the last time I ever passed through the doors of that room.

I would roll my eyes at this being a daily task even if it were only once a week, but like I said, it's been every day in every video I've watched.

When I was in school, and mind you I graduated in 1986, we had gym class everyday. I hated it, and my sims hate the exercise task everyday also. I can see maybe once or twice a week, but not everyday.

I was in high school in the early 90s. We had gym class, too, but it was not every day... and even in gym class, we never used the workout equipment, we played team sports. Mostly basketball or volleyball. We also sometimes ran laps or did pushups. That was pretty much it. Very rarely we would travel off-campus to go swimming or iceskating or take nature hikes.

My memory isn't what it used to be, so it is possible that it was a couple times a week and not everyday, I guess that is just how much I hated it that it seems more frequent. We didn't use gym equipment either, but we did exercises, then focused on stuff like dodge ball, gymnastics, red roover and the like. I hated it then, and I hate it now in the Sims.
  • Options
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Just looked at the HSY's picture thread. The photo booth has the romantic poses I wanted from the Moschino Stuff pack. So after 3 packs (including base game) related to in-game photography they finally made it work. Fingers crossed for a patch to add the photo booth to the BG someday. Like they did with Get to Work's photography studio.

I just wish the photos from the photo booth were bigger.

Did you try resizing the photos using the Shift + ] keys? Though I guess that could make the image blurry.

They are not blurry. Here they are enlarged and the image appears OK.

Iq34Efm.png

Thanks! Here you go @Sara1010P :)

Edit: Use
    Shift + ]

to enlarge your pictures.

Thanks guys, this will help alot with those photos.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Look at the ugly, black shadows when building. This is unacceptable.

I8S1gAH.jpg

I don't see that when I build and I built a house in Willow Creek yesterday.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2022

That will absolutely drive me over the edge. If I saw that in a build, I would rage quit, and make an angry poop.

• Options
    For anyone who uses mods, over in the positive thread there is a post about Zerbu I think making a mod that allows you to place the school lot in any world and enables club gatherings at the school.
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member

I don't see that when I build and I built a house in Willow Creek yesterday.

It only affects Copperdale. All other worlds are not affected.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited July 2022
    Football is slow not fun, Maxis love to hurt sims 99% of the time.
    Soccer goal isn't usable like TS2 & TS3.

Why Maxis hates sports ? Please let the sims have fun with the few activities available.

It reminds me TS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHvKiEUWPMM
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    In Sim Supply's latest HSY video, his sim learned Archaeology and Selvadoradian Culture. I appreciate them learning things from other packs, but it seems to be random as to what you get. I don't want my sims learning a bunch of random skills they never need and don't fit their personality.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Just been watching this review...

https://youtu.be/_XkB1zx6lLM
    This and other reviews really show how barebones the main features are.
    • Trendi is all about making an outfit in CAS and selling it. It looks very fun, but it seems pretty basic when you think about it. Outfit hype and building followers are great elements, but since Trendy is so unbalanced, they don't seem to matter.

I just realized something: A teenager, with no experience in any field whatsoever, can make much more money, much quicker, "selling outfits" than a professional stylist or style influencer who has gone thru University?
    That's... not good.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited July 2022
    I just realized something: A teenager, with no experience in any field whatsoever, can make much more money, much quicker, "selling outfits" than a professional stylist or style influencer who has gone thru University?
    That's... not good.
    It's even worse the more you think about it. If you go the university route, you're spending hundreds or thousands of Simoleons, dedicating a very large amount of your time to classes, studying and projects, over the course of 3 sim weeks at minimum, and work a job for several hours a day to earn some money. Meanwhile, a teenager just needs to get some random clothes off the rack, put in up for sale, and wait for someone to buy it. They put in no work, and could potentially make more in one day than the adult could make in their lifetime. I guess it's realistic, but it's pretty unbalanced from a game perspective.

I wonder if the next influencer-based career will be a repeat of Trendi, or something more balanced? Maybe it'll depend on if it's based on a brand partnership, since Moschino's photographer career also pays bank.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm surprised the vending machine have almost nothing to sell, only 5 items.

w0nc8wipsdiv.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    So this pack seems to be a chaotic mess. I was on the fence about buying but not now!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Anyone else having a hard time with the teen gatherings? Like my sim was invited to hang out at the Pier, she got permission from her parents to go but when she arrived there the place is dead. Like no NPCs or anything, just her. Is it meant to be a prank or am I just not understanding how it's meant to work?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    SaharaCat wrote: »
    Why does everyone want to be my best friend, 5 -10 times a day?
    I have fame turned off, yet every single sim is a celebrity, including my active household (happened after patch).
    Sims obsessed with their phones, and every time I travel they are changing their case covers. Also when my sim is walking somewhere, like to go fishing, they are looking at their phone the whole time and takes them forever.
    I don't think cheerleading is working, my teen sim just goes home.
    I have 0 followers on Social Bunny, yet my teen has at least 10 good friends, and follows all of them.
    Every time I come back from traveling my plants are back to "just planted" growth stage, even sheltered plants (after patch and ongoing issue).
    I have never used (for the sims 4) and do not have any mods.
    I do own every EP, game pack, stuff pack, and kit.
    I'm a huge fan of the sims. I've been playing since Sims 1.
    I personally feel Sims 3 has been my favorite. I miss not being able to choose any color of hair from the color wheel. Also cars.

I could definitely relate to your post @SaharaCat. I have experienced most of the same glitches you have. Also:

- Why are some things so often overdone? (I'm looking at you, whiny pets.) In this EP, it's the hairy chests and legs. They are 'way too exaggerated and there is only one choice. Couldn't we have one where the hairs on the chest and legs aren't like the fur on an animal?

- This is not conducive to family play. When my Teen gets home, the cow needs to be milked, chickens haven't gotten any treats, neither have the birds & bunnies, the garden needs tending, and there's no time to go to Henford-on-Bagley to sell and buy stuff - and the toddler is still in his jammies from the nighttime.

- Before HSY, my Teen Sim was already half-way through to YA, has level 10 Handiness, level 9 Charisma, and so forth. He didn't lose his skills but his age was knocked back to the day he turned into a teenager. Yes, he was offered early graduation (only played one day at the school so far), but would he then age up to YA? I didn't want to try it because I don't want this to happen yet.

I think I will probably use the "Send" button rather than "Join" when it comes to his schooling. Otherwise, the rest of the family will be totally ignored all day, every day.

I have a lot of Teen Sims in this particular save and I am afraid all their ages are borked now. Apparently it will be the end of next week before the age bug is squashed. I will probably spend all that time finding a script mod to fix their ages after the update.

This is definitely the most awkward (and frustrating) EP (for me and my Sims) so far.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm so mad that all sims are now obsessed with their phones, literally just walking along and they pull out their phone and middle with it. Even rampaging werewolves will pull out their phones and play with them while running on all fours. Like if you want teens to behave like that fine,m but did they really need to make it a blanket change to all sims? It's so infuriating.

Yes. I have this happening, too.
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    The drama and scouts are not supported as an after-school activity in conjunction with HSY. Idk why, but a requirement for one of the aspirations is to join an activity, but those two won't register. Smh.
    For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Just had a random teen come and ask my adult married female sim to prom...like 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Why isn't this teen exclusive? He now has a hurt sentiment about being rejected for prom. Like Bro, you asked your childhood friend's married mother to prom...Who are the QA testers? Why wasn't this fixed? Holy mother of plumbob... >.<
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2022
    I wish that I could choose which teen sims that shows up at school, the game is so much better when you are able to form relationships and hang out with sims that you know. Being put in high school with a bunch of randoms is way less fun.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »
    Also we can't use laptops on the bed.. I'm very confused as this was advertised. Is this a bug?

Really? That could have been one of my selling points when the pack is on sale.

I didn't play the game for a while. I had no ideas what to play. Last week on patchday I gave it another chance. I was very dissapointed even if I didn't buy HSY.

I was really looking forward to this too. Someone brought it up, I tested it by locking all the doors in the room and having my sim sit on the bed and kept trying to make her use the laptop but she just threw her arms up in the air. At the moment it doesn't look like it's possible. Might be a bug? No idea.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Just had a random teen come and ask my adult married female sim to prom...like 🤔🤔🤔🤔? Why isn't this teen exclusive? He now has a hurt sentiment about being rejected for prom. Like Bro, you asked your childhood friend's married mother to prom...Who are the QA testers? Why wasn't this fixed? Holy mother of plumbob... >.<

That just happened in my game.
    07-30-22_11-53-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

07-30-22_11-54-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I wish that I could choose which teen sims that shows up at school, the game is so much better when you are able to form relationships and hang out with sims that you know. Being put in high school with a bunch of randoms is way less fun.

If you use mods you sorta can with Rex mod:
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I don't want my sims learning a bunch of random skills they never need and don't fit their personality.
    TBF this seems like an accurate representation of High School to me!!LOL

I built a new High School and it seems to be working well with one exception...It seems like I accidently built a Montessori school as whilst the students show up for class the teachers dont!
    I had one class where both teachers stood in the same classroom and since then they dont turn up at all and leave the kids to it!

• Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    > @Gordy said:
    > It's even worse the more you think about it. If you go the university route, you're spending hundreds or thousands of Simoleons, dedicating a very large amount of your time to classes, studying and projects, over the course of 3 sim weeks at minimum, and work a job for several hours a day to earn some money. Meanwhile, a teenager just needs to get some random clothes off the rack, put in up for sale, and wait for someone to buy it. They put in no work, and could potentially make more in one day than the adult could make in their lifetime. I guess it's realistic, but it's pretty unbalanced from a game perspective.
    >
    > I wonder if the next influencer-based career will be a repeat of Trendi, or something more balanced? Maybe it'll depend on if it's based on a brand partnership, since Moschino's photographer career also pays bank.

I mean....

I have a masters degree, I have spent thousands of dollars on my education, and a social media influencer is making 10 times (slight exaggeration or maybe not? LOL) more than I am by peddling some makeup. So this is way too real to life!

And I was complaining about the phone usage, went to pick my husband up from a business trip at the airport, and noticed every single adult with their faces buried in their phones. While walking. Across a busy road from the terminal to the parking garage and nearly getting smashed!

But yeah, I'm with you guys about the phone usage and the wasted degrees in Sims. I have zero interest in playing my real life in Sims, it's an escape for me and the more realistic it gets? The more I dislike it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top