Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can HSY owner please check the following?

DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
In the very early HSY streams there were some noticeable things and I wonder if they are still there in the release version.

1. Do sims who study all the time do better in exams than sims that only do the minimum work?

2. Can you successfully sell a thrifty outfit for multiple millions?

3. This is a bit harder to set up, what happens to vampire teens when there is a fire drill in school, esoecially when you are not controlling them?

4. Can you romance a sim through Social Bunny and flirty messages even when the sims sexual orientation says they would not normally flirt with you?

4.5. When you can romance them does it lead to weird situations like them asking you to be your romantic friend despite not being interested in you according to their orientation?

Comments

• Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    I honestly haven't tried yet. just been trying to figure things out
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    2. You can, Plumbella did it 😅
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    somewhsome wrote: »

Yes, in an early access stream. I want to know if its still possible in the released version.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    A random thought: vampires can use umbrellas to shield themselves from the sun.

So my theory is that during a fire drill, vampires will use an umbrella during that time they're outdoors.

But it just needs an in-game confirmation...
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Darren wrote: »
    somewhsome wrote: »

Yes, in an early access stream. I want to know if its still possible in the released version.

Ahh, okay, got it. Maybe I'll check later.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I decided to test number 2 out, my sim managed to sell one to Kim Goldbloom.
    H5JIX5h.png
  • Options
    H5JIX5h.png

Thanks for testing. So basically thrifting is just CAS with a money cheat.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Saw a post recently that said their sim hid in the school library during fire drill, so supposing vampires could just stay inside!
  • Options
    @Darren I find it to be a lot like Plopsy. You create a fashion look and it gets placed in your inventory. From there you can click it to sell on Trendi and type a price in. You will get a notification when you have a buyer and your sim ships it off.
    fSx0CCd.png
    Sold another one
    PGQM7rv.png
  • Options
    @Darren I find it to be a lot like Plopsy. You create a fashion look and it gets placed in your inventory. From there you can click it to sell on Trendi and type a price in. You will get a notification when you have a buyer and your sim ships it off.
    fSx0CCd.png
    Sold another one
    PGQM7rv.png

Can you also type in your own price on plopsy?
    Looks like HSY rags to riches will be over pretty quick.
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Saw a post recently that said their sim hid in the school library during fire drill, so supposing vampires could just stay inside!

Yes, when you control the sim you can simply not go outside. I just wonder what unplayed vampires will do.

But I am more interesting about 4. Can social bunny bypass sexual orientation?
    You can see the results in lilsimsies preview streams where she flirted with Ash for several episodes through social bunny with another female sim and never interacted with her regularly. That caused the romance bar to go up to half full and Ash asked her to be her girlfriend. But the first time she then spoke to Ash in person and wanted to do a romance action she got rebuffed because Ash is not interested in female romances...
    (starts at around 6:45)
    https://youtu.be/JXN2n1M5ijI
  • Options
    @Darren no, plopsy wont let you make your own price.
  • Options
    Another thing

5. Can you check if your school grade goes up when in have all the requirements after an exam? So far I have seen many early access streamer who had sims which should have gotten a promotion in school but didn't, many speculating that you only go up in grades after exams on Friday. But in the latest video from JT he got promoted when he send his sim to the rabbit hole school instead of joining him.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    A random thought: vampires can use umbrellas to shield themselves from the sun.

So my theory is that during a fire drill, vampires will use an umbrella during that time they're outdoors.

But it just needs an in-game confirmation...

Vampires do still burn while using umbrellas though, just more slowly. So in theory even if they do use umbrellas there could be some vampire fatalities (how ironic: burning to death due to leaving a building whilst attempting to escape from burning to death).
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Another thing

5. Can you check if your school grade goes up when in have all the requirements after an exam? So far I have seen many early access streamer who had sims which should have gotten a promotion in school but didn't, many speculating that you only go up in grades after exams on Friday. But in the latest video from JT he got promoted when he send his sim to the rabbit hole school instead of joining him.

This one I can answer: my sim was due to go from a B student to an A student according to her school performance bar but when I joined her at school her grade did not go up at the end of the day (this was a Friday on which she sat exams and apparently aced them). I'm going to send her to rabbithole school next school day to hopefully have her grade increase.
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Hi, I’m wondering if the high school loudspeaker can be used on other lots and if it still plays the announcements. I’d like to use the loudspeaker in a hospital, to mimic the paging announcements one hears at a hospital, but I don’t have the high school pack yet.

I hope it’s okay that I’m asking in this thread.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    @Rococo1256 I haven't noticed a high school loudspeaker yet is that something that was announced as a feature?
  • Options
    Another thing

This one I can answer: my sim was due to go from a B student to an A student according to her school performance bar but when I joined her at school her grade did not go up at the end of the day (this was a Friday on which she sat exams and apparently aced them). I'm going to send her to rabbithole school next school day to hopefully have her grade increase.

Update: I sent her to rabbithole school and she came home from school with an A.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    In the very early HSY streams there were some noticeable things and I wonder if they are still there in the release version.

1. Do sims who study all the time do better in exams than sims that only do the minimum work?

2. Can you successfully sell a thrifty outfit for multiple millions?

3. This is a bit harder to set up, what happens to vampire teens when there is a fire drill in school, esoecially when you are not controlling them?

4. Can you romance a sim through Social Bunny and flirty messages even when the sims sexual orientation says they would not normally flirt with you?

4.5. When you can romance them does it lead to weird situations like them asking you to be your romantic friend despite not being interested in you according to their orientation?

1. Sims who do homework at least once plus study for the exam do better. If you click a book case and study for exam is no longer highlighted as an option your teen is fully prepared for the exam. The amount of time it takes to do in one sitting I think is 3 sim hours. As long as the option is grayed out your sim is fully prepared. I find that going to school with them slows the grade progression so I don't go with them on Monday in order to get the school project which takes 4 sim hours to complete. They do homework once again during the week which takes 2 sim hours and studying Thursday night for the exam (though it can be broken up and progression maintains)

2. Yes you can do this on thrifty but how often it occurs idk

3. I don't have vampires at school but I would assume they burn? Since you can build on the lot you could likely place a small area for them to gather in the shade

4. Yes you can romance with through social bunny but it can happen without your consent as the response from non household sims can be romantic which can cause unexpected romances

5. Teens ask to be best friends and to go to prom autonomously. So non played sims can ask your sim to be a best friend or prom date. Depending on your answer will determine the sentiment they get. No to prom will get a creeped out sentiment and dejected. Not sure on best friend. I've only seen teens develop a crush but they don't autonomously do anything about it. You can try to get over crush, think about crush, and one other action I can't recall at the moment.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    H5JIX5h.png

Holy Plumbob...Kim Goldbloom earns enough at the grocery stand in Henford-on-Bagley to spend a million Simoleons for an outfit on Trendi? And that garden stand earns enough for Agnes Crumplebottom to spend FIVE TIMES MORE??

Forget about Trendi. I want to work at a stall in HoB. ;)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »
    @Rococo1256 I haven't noticed a high school loudspeaker yet is that something that was announced as a feature?

Yes, it's a required build item for the high school and it will periodically play announcements, according to the early access videos that I saw. I was just wondering if it will play these announcements on other types of lots. I hope so, because that would be great for immersion purposes.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Another thing

Update: I sent her to rabbithole school and she came home from school with an A.

Same here, grades seemed to be crawling, so I decided to just send them to the rabbit hole and they jumped to the next grade.
    I think I will alternate between active and rabbit hole.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Has anyone found the Rubixs Cube yet in HSY?
  • Options
    universal323universal323 Posts: 20 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > Has anyone found the Rubixs Cube yet in HSY?

It's not an object it's an animation you see while performing the "perform tricks" (or something like that) interaction as a sim with the party animal trait according to another poster in a different thread.