Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    SimoReapSimoReap Posts: 6 New Member
    Well, legal or not. Full paying customers that went through origins having to wait when these other smarter ones that waited for it to pop up on the "Other" Legitimate sites get an instant download this now button. Just seems a bit scandalous. Though maybe these redemption codes have some limitation that I am not aware of? Either way seems like something fell through the cracks.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Oh it’s stupid I agree. It’s even more ridiculous EA make you wait till 6 or 7pm in Europe. They are the only company that do that for games. I don’t know if I would use the other site as I’m not 100% how trustworthy it is. But I can see the frustration.
  • Options
    SimoReapSimoReap Posts: 6 New Member
    I never sleep before an update or pack usually so it is frustrating especially since I could have paid less and got to mess around with-it hours sooner. It is just 1 PM EST release for me so it is kind of in the middle of my work schedule. I would probably have preferred coming home to a wait to be honest but that is just me. Not to mention they totally messed up the recent patch and or update especially bad this time. I mean I would get a refund and get it on another site for less but once Origins takes your money really no way to get it back. Guess this my torture for trusting the main vendor to honor the people that paid full price.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I wonder if it will be possible to build a mock school with other lot type, the arts academy or the community center maybe. I find it annoying though because the high school lot is so huge and not much to do there except regular school. Would have been nice to be able to use it even as an after school club hangout for various activities which would save us from having to build them in other lots.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    SimoReap wrote: »
    I never sleep before an update or pack usually so it is frustrating especially since I could have paid less and got to mess around with-it hours sooner. It is just 1 PM EST release for me so it is kind of in the middle of my work schedule. I would probably have preferred coming home to a wait to be honest but that is just me. Not to mention they totally messed up the recent patch and or update especially bad this time. I mean I would get a refund and get it on another site for less but once Origins takes your money really no way to get it back. Guess this my torture for trusting the main vendor to honor the people that paid full price.

you can get a refund from a pre order. I have did it on origin with cats and dogs. It wasn’t the easiest but you can do it.
  • Options
    bnan39bnan39 Posts: 3 New Member
    have they released the the emergency update yet
  • Options
    bnan39bnan39 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @bnan39 said:
    > have they released the the emergency update yet

did i just make that "emergency update" thing up? i thought i heard that somewhere
  • Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    bnan39 wrote: »
    > @bnan39 said:
    > have they released the the emergency update yet

did i just make that "emergency update" thing up? i thought i heard that somewhere

Just checked and no, nothing yet. Sorry. 😒
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited July 2022
    My excitement about this pack is turning into a disappointment now. I planned to play a lot this weekend, but if the aging bug doesn't get fixed I can't play any of my teenage Sims. I'm going to have to start yet another new save and play a character who doesn't mean anything to me, so I can delete it after the bug gets fixed. Yay, so "excited"... :(:s
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    yeah my problem with the state of the game right now is that it’s really starting to feel like a dress up doll game and not an actual game with gameplay content. In the sims 3 you had like few CAS item and toooons of gameplay. But here we get bares bones content that is reused animations from previous ideas but « at least it’s pretty ! »

I think they don’t want deal with gameplay updates and glitches so they give it their all on aesthetics. That’s why we got dream home decorator, stuff pack got transformed into cas and build and buy kits. Technically, like they said. stuff packs aren’t going anywhere, they’ve just been split into 1/4 the content for half the price. So they win. Even gameplay kits have been aborted.

I’m starting to think if they do it on purpose because they know they can’t add more coding to the game, only pretty set dressing otherwise it would severely break. Basically i suspect them to do the worse gameplay glitches to then justify why they don’t do gameplay anymore. And we encourage them not to do it too. So the plan is working.

Like paris hilton would say : If you don’t want to do something, make sure you do it really bad so the person never ask you to do it again

Oh, this, definitely. The foundation of the base game was messy enough coding wise as it is, since it was an online game last second squeezed into a single player game. It just wasn't built to sustain all of this. If there's any pack that needs a refresh the most, it's the base game, but honestly I don't even know how salvageable it is. The game is truly in a State right now, and if EA wants it to last for years to come, some major overhauls are going to need to happen, that I don't think they'll really give the team the time and budget to fix properly.

Like, first it was Build Buy being turned into a "gameplay mechanic" (in quotations because it barely qualifies and honestly should have been a stuff pack), and now its CAS being turned into a "gameplay mechanic" with the stylist influencer trendi whatever career. And now we just get CAS/BB kits. Only one gameplay kit that is still broken for a lot of people. And we haven't had a stuff pack since Paranormal, which was one of the best stuff packs made for TS4.

I'm honestly afraid they'll be forced to push out packs until the game can't even function anymore before they're allowed to finally move onto the next gen. Which I'm not even all that excited about if it's just going to be more of all of this... I know a lot of people want to stick with TS4 because they've put so much money into it and they don't want to buy everything again (even though we've been doing that for 4 generations of games now). But the game literally cannot sustain itself much longer. What we need to do is demand that less packs are made next cycle where more is already integrated into the base, like seasons for example at the VERY least. Not stick with this literal sinking ship because of a sunk cost fallacy. Unfortunately, I feel like TS4 specifically has given EA a lot of confidence over allowing half baked packs to release because people who've been playing the game for so long already expect a good product, and then are let down after purchase. TS2 was such a good game that I bought every pack for, that I went into TS4 buying every pack without question because I expected the same level of quality. Over time I learned my lesson, but there are still fans out there expecting the best. Which they cannot get due to the game just not being able to handle it. It's just really sad all around for the fans who want a fun game, and for the team who I'm sure see these problems and are just not given the time and resources to fix, so EA makes them push out the product, and the cycle continues. It's unsustainable.

Like, what other packs could we get at this point? How is this game supposed to keep going for years to come? The only thing I personally want to see at this point is for EA to give the team like, a year to go in and refresh the base game, and maybe some other packs if they have time left. There are structural problems that need solving. And even though I feel this would best be solved by starting from scratch with a new gen, I don't think EA would let the team do that honestly. So this is the next best option.

I'm just so tired of all of these packs being so half baked and unintegrated with each other 😭 I've been a fan of the sims since TS1 when I was literally 6 years old! I just want the best for this franchise and every day I hold out hope, but I just don't know how possible it is to fix some of these major problems. Even if EA magically gives them more time and money, who knows how difficult it would be to actually fix the code without breaking the whole thing. This is a house of cards situation, and yet they still have to keep putting more cards down. I really don't know how much longer this can last, and I'm a player who has a relatively stable game compared to a lot of other players...

I just want to reiterate and make sure people understand I'm not blaming the dev team here. I feel bad for them. There is no way they aren't aware of all of these problems. It's the EA suits who are keeping them on a tight schedule with a tight budget. Obviously the team cares about putting out a good product, it's just EA only cares about profit. It's not profitable to give the team money and time away from churning out new packs to fix what needs fixing. That's probably why when we DO get new base game systems (like wants and fears for example) they are half baked and rarely if ever updated again. It's the most upsetting part of all of this. We all see the problems, but the people at the top who make the final decisions don't seem to care, and so both we the fans and the dev team suffer for it. I really just don't know how to feel anymore at this point.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    lexibee wrote: »
    yeah my problem with the state of the game right now is that it’s really starting to feel like a dress up doll game and not an actual game with gameplay content. In the sims 3 you had like few CAS item and toooons of gameplay. But here we get bares bones content that is reused animations from previous ideas but « at least it’s pretty ! »

I think they don’t want deal with gameplay updates and glitches so they give it their all on aesthetics. That’s why we got dream home decorator, stuff pack got transformed into cas and build and buy kits. Technically, like they said. stuff packs aren’t going anywhere, they’ve just been split into 1/4 the content for half the price. So they win. Even gameplay kits have been aborted.

I’m starting to think if they do it on purpose because they know they can’t add more coding to the game, only pretty set dressing otherwise it would severely break. Basically i suspect them to do the worse gameplay glitches to then justify why they don’t do gameplay anymore. And we encourage them not to do it too. So the plan is working.

Like paris hilton would say : If you don’t want to do something, make sure you do it really bad so the person never ask you to do it again

Oh, this, definitely. The foundation of the base game was messy enough coding wise as it is, since it was an online game last second squeezed into a single player game. It just wasn't built to sustain all of this. If there's any pack that needs a refresh the most, it's the base game, but honestly I don't even know how salvageable it is. The game is truly in a State right now, and if EA wants it to last for years to come, some major overhauls are going to need to happen, that I don't think they'll really give the team the time and budget to fix properly.

Like, first it was Build Buy being turned into a "gameplay mechanic" (in quotations because it barely qualifies and honestly should have been a stuff pack), and now its CAS being turned into a "gameplay mechanic" with the stylist influencer trendi whatever career. And now we just get CAS/BB kits. Only one gameplay kit that is still broken for a lot of people. And we haven't had a stuff pack since Paranormal, which was one of the best stuff packs made for TS4.

I'm honestly afraid they'll be forced to push out packs until the game can't even function anymore before they're allowed to finally move onto the next gen. Which I'm not even all that excited about if it's just going to be more of all of this... I know a lot of people want to stick with TS4 because they've put so much money into it and they don't want to buy everything again (even though we've been doing that for 4 generations of games now). But the game literally cannot sustain itself much longer. What we need to do is demand that less packs are made next cycle where more is already integrated into the base, like seasons for example at the VERY least. Not stick with this literal sinking ship because of a sunk cost fallacy. Unfortunately, I feel like TS4 specifically has given EA a lot of confidence over allowing half baked packs to release because people who've been playing the game for so long already expect a good product, and then are let down after purchase. TS2 was such a good game that I bought every pack for, that I went into TS4 buying every pack without question because I expected the same level of quality. Over time I learned my lesson, but there are still fans out there expecting the best. Which they cannot get due to the game just not being able to handle it. It's just really sad all around for the fans who want a fun game, and for the team who I'm sure see these problems and are just not given the time and resources to fix, so EA makes them push out the product, and the cycle continues. It's unsustainable.

Like, what other packs could we get at this point? How is this game supposed to keep going for years to come? The only thing I personally want to see at this point is for EA to give the team like, a year to go in and refresh the base game, and maybe some other packs if they have time left. There are structural problems that need solving. And even though I feel this would best be solved by starting from scratch with a new gen, I don't think EA would let the team do that honestly. So this is the next best option.

I'm just so tired of all of these packs being so half baked and unintegrated with each other 😭 I've been a fan of the sims since TS1 when I was literally 6 years old! I just want the best for this franchise and every day I hold out hope, but I just don't know how possible it is to fix some of these major problems. Even if EA magically gives them more time and money, who knows how difficult it would be to actually fix the code without breaking the whole thing. This is a house of cards situation, and yet they still have to keep putting more cards down. I really don't know how much longer this can last, and I'm a player who has a relatively stable game compared to a lot of other players...

I just want to reiterate and make sure people understand I'm not blaming the dev team here. I feel bad for them. There is no way they aren't aware of all of these problems. It's the EA suits who are keeping them on a tight schedule with a tight budget. Obviously the team cares about putting out a good product, it's just EA only cares about profit. It's not profitable to give the team money and time away from churning out new packs to fix what needs fixing. That's probably why when we DO get new base game systems (like wants and fears for example) they are half baked and rarely if ever updated again. It's the most upsetting part of all of this. We all see the problems, but the people at the top who make the final decisions don't seem to care, and so both we the fans and the dev team suffer for it. I really just don't know how to feel anymore at this point.

Tight schedule and tight budget don't over rule decisions to focus on trendi store and not use animations already in the game to show our sims fainting when a popup says they did or to give a real detention experience by using the cleaning animations already in the game. That's not the suits decisions but maxi's and I think they made poor decisions with this pack.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Tight schedule and tight budget don't over rule decisions to focus on trendi store and not use animations already in the game to show our sims fainting when a popup says they did or to give a real detention experience by using the cleaning animations already in the game. That's not the suits decisions but maxi's and I think they made poor decisions with this pack.

I mean, it partially is. Like I mentioned though, I think the biggest problem is that since the game is built on such precarious code, they really can't add too much more onto it, so they reuse a lot of assets and animations and systems that already exist and over use pop ups. And also reusing aspects helps them cut down on time and budget. It's why there's such a focus on CAS and BB items over new gameplay. The game is struggling to handle anything besides cosmetics. I'm actually afraid to see how the game will be able to handle HSY because they said during the livestream that they built an entire new system for it, and didn't use the GTW system.

All of the things you mention frustrate me and I agree that in the end the team has said themselves that EA has given them full creative freedom. But there's only so much they can do when the game cannot sustain itself, and corners need to be cut for both functionality reasons and budget/time reasons. It's just a bad situation all around.

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I think I wait to get this pack.Next week when I have more money.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited July 2022
    First thing to do : bulldoze the high school !
    This building is badly designed.

And I'm more interested by the style of Las Encinas from Elite Netflix show

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Welp. The negativity thread has once again overtaken the positivity thread

here-we-go-again.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Welp. The negativity thread has once again overtaken the positivity thread

here-we-go-again.png

And pulls away once people get their hands on the game.
    I started off positively optimistic, but that's been going downhill ever since the Creator Network simmers started reporting in.
    I will still enjoy this pack because what I need is all the side stuff to flesh out teens and add to my creative school game play.
    But it could have been a really awesome pack for me if it had went deeper in more areas.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I'm not a fan of pillow fighting returning. Sims were annoyingly obsessed with pillow fighting in Sims 3. Not really happy to see it return.

The real question is: Can they pillow fight AND check their phones?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    Are they really planning on releasing the expansion and not fix the update that litteraly broke people's game ? :D
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited July 2022
    Are they really planning on releasing the expansion and not fix the update that litteraly broke people's game ? :D

They'll release it and it might fix the bugs. It's new code that breaks games and in some games the dlc fixes it. I can't remember what game I used to play where the dlc didn't have the bugs that broke the game. (I remember now, it was neverwinter nights).
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    TessaTroubleTessaTrouble Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't even want to buy the pack until they fix the aging up/down glitch. How am I supposed to enjoy all the new content if I can't even put the teens' lifespans on long?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited July 2022
    This a little creepy. This is an option a teen Sim has with a non parental young adult Sim. He's a teacher but still something about this don't sit right.

cDg7V4N.png

I am aware that i might be making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be but I thought teens and this topic were not allowed.

Also teens are able to have this interaction between each other.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Mine doesn't work at all so that's about as negative as it gets.

No social bunny access
    Missing text on prompts in many places
    Sims can't eat
    Build mode is in debug though none of the content is actually a debug item
    A lot of glitches
    Update broke traveling and activated random global superstars

No mods, repaired 4 times, deleted the local cache 4 times... my game is unplayable now, it was still playable after the update but not after this pack, so it doesn't get much more negative than that

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top